|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Leonard and Mary meet?
(a) Rapid City protest.
(b) Sun Dance.
(c) Wounded Knee.
(d) Rosebud Fair and Rodeo.
2. Who says, "A new world is coming"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Yellow Robe.
(c) Short Bull.
(d) Sitting Bull.
3. What is a winkte?
(a) A midwife.
(b) A ceremony.
(c) A medicine woman.
(d) A gay person.
4. What do the dancers at Sun Dance dance around?
(a) Sacred pole.
(b) Sacred tree.
(d) The head of the Sun Dance.
5. What term does Mary address Leonard with before their marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
2. Where is Barbara living in Chapter Sixteen?
3. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
4. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
5. What are Leonard's sons called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
2. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
3. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
4. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
5. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
6. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
7. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
8. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
9. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
10. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)