|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
(a) Yellow Robe.
(b) Good Thunder.
(c) Black Elk.
(d) Kicking Bird.
2. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
(a) Bill Kunstler.
(b) Richard Erdoes and his wife, Jean.
(c) Ken Tilsen.
(d) Sandy Rosen.
3. What is a winkte?
(a) A gay person.
(b) A ceremony.
(c) A midwife.
(d) A medicine woman.
4. On what date does Mary give birth?
(a) April 11.
(b) April 9.
(c) April 6.
(d) April 16.
5. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Leonard Peltier.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Dennis Banks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I am the last genuine aborigine left"?
2. Where does Mary's skin sacrifice go?
3. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
4. What do the dancers at Sun Dance dance around?
5. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
2. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
3. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
4. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
5. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
6. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
7. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
8. What happened to the Sun Dance in 1883?
9. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
10. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)