|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonard call his bible that he needed to have in prison?
(c) Sweet grass.
(d) His pipe.
2. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
(a) Upside down American flags.
(b) Buffalo robes.
(c) Deer skin.
3. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
(a) Ghost Dance.
(b) Sun Dance.
(c) Sweat Bath.
4. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
(a) Unlawful use of peyote.
(b) Assault and battery.
(c) Wounded Knee occupation.
(d) Rapid City riots.
5. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) January, 1976.
(b) October, 1975.
(c) December, 1975.
(d) November, 1975.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
2. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
3. Who are Beck and McClosky?
4. Where do Leonard and Mary meet?
5. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
2. What was First Woman given the power to do?
3. Describe the trading post store.
4. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
5. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
6. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
7. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
8. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
9. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
10. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)