|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
2. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
(a) Being raped.
(b) His hair being cut.
(c) The threat of a lobotomy.
(d) The burning of his parents' house.
3. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Frog's legs.
(d) Dog meat.
4. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
(a) The school.
(b) The tribal building.
(c) The museum.
(d) The Wounded Knee monument.
5. What happens to the Crow Dogs on September 5, 1975?
(a) A Ghost Dance is held.
(b) FBI invades Crow Dog's land.
(c) Mary has her second child.
(d) Crow Dog is placed in prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
2. Who says, "You got to look at things with the eye in your heart"?
3. How old are Mary and Leonard in the Epilogue?
4. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
5. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was First Woman given the power to do?
2. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
3. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
4. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
5. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
6. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
7. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
8. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
9. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
10. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)