|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
(b) Frog's legs.
(d) Dog meat.
2. How old are Mary and Leonard in the Epilogue?
(a) Thirty-four and forty-seven.
(b) Thirty-five and forty-seven.
(c) Thirty-seven and fifty.
(d) Thirty and forty-three.
3. In what year did the first Crow Dog win a case in the Supreme Court?
4. Who says, "A new world is coming"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Short Bull.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Yellow Robe.
5. What does Leonard call his bible that he needed to have in prison?
(a) His pipe.
(b) Sweet grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
2. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
3. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
4. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
5. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
2. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
3. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
4. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
5. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
6. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
7. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
8. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
9. What was the purpose of the Ghost Dance?
10. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)