|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Fourteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
2. How many years is Leonard Crow Dog initially sentenced to?
3. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) First tool.
(b) Buffalo Calf Pipe.
(c) Sacred Pipestone.
4. Who is Ptesan Win?
(a) White Buffalo Woman.
(b) A medicine woman.
(c) Grandfather Spirit.
(d) Grandmother Earth.
5. How old are Mary and Leonard in the Epilogue?
(a) Thirty-seven and fifty.
(b) Thirty-four and forty-seven.
(c) Thirty and forty-three.
(d) Thirty-five and forty-seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
2. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
3. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
4. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
5. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
2. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
3. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
4. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
5. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
6. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
7. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
8. Describe the trading post store.
9. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
10. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)