|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
(a) Crow Dog land.
(b) Mount Rushmore.
(c) Rapid City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
(a) He who brought the pipe to the people.
(b) Welcome home.
(c) My voice you shall hear.
(d) He who taught the people to live.
3. Who are Beck and McClosky?
(a) Two drunk men who charge Crow Dog with assault.
(b) Federal officers.
(d) AIM leaders.
4. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
(a) Mary's mother.
(c) Annie Mae.
5. What color is Mary's new home painted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
2. What does Bobby Leader Charge dance for in Chapter Sixteen?
3. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
4. In Chapter Sixteen, what are the names of Leonard's daughters?
5. What is the "big, bad granddaddy of penitentiaries"?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
2. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
3. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
4. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
5. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
6. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
7. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
8. Describe the trading post store.
9. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
10. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)