|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
(b) Sacred pipe.
(c) Waist high cottonwood stick.
(d) Sweet grass.
2. How many years is Leonard Crow Dog initially sentenced to?
3. What does Leonard say helps him be a better psychiatrist than the ones he sees?
(a) Pipe and tobacco.
(b) His songs.
(c) Sioux religion.
(d) Grandfather Peyote.
4. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
(a) Cheryl Petite.
(b) Barbara Brave Bird.
(c) Leona Crow Dog.
(d) Annie Mae Aquash.
5. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) Two o'clock.
(c) Nine in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary's skin sacrifice go?
2. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
3. What does Mary name her baby?
4. In Chapter Sixteen, what are the names of Leonard's daughters?
5. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the trading post store.
2. What happened to the Sun Dance in 1883?
3. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
4. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
5. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
6. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
7. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
8. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
9. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
10. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)