|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
(a) A bear.
(b) A beautiful tepee.
(c) A blanket.
(d) The Sun.
2. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
3. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) October, 1975.
(b) January, 1976.
(c) December, 1975.
(d) November, 1975.
4. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Merle Left Hand Bull.
(c) Frank Clearwater.
(d) Wallace Black Elk.
5. What does the author compare the scene of September 5 to?
(a) Soldiers advancing on Indians long ago.
(b) Vietcong village overrun by 185 Rambos.
(c) The Watts riots.
(d) Wounded Knee Massacre.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
2. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
3. How many years is Leonard Crow Dog initially sentenced to?
4. Who is Ptesan Win?
5. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose of the Ghost Dance?
2. What was First Woman given the power to do?
3. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
4. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
5. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
6. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
7. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
8. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
9. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
10. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)