|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary's skin sacrifice go?
(a) Into a medicine bag.
(b) Around her neck.
(c) Into a red bundle, tied to a sacred pipe.
(d) Into a fire.
2. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
(b) Sacred pipe.
(c) Sweet grass.
(d) Waist high cottonwood stick.
3. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
(a) Buffalo robes.
(c) Deer skin.
(d) Upside down American flags.
4. Whose chest is described as a battleground of scars?
(c) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) John Lame Deer.
5. What color is Mary's new home painted?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
2. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
3. In what year did the first Crow Dog win a case in the Supreme Court?
4. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
5. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
2. Describe the trading post store.
3. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
4. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
5. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
6. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
7. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
8. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
9. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
10. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)