|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
(a) By asking in a sweat lodge.
(b) By sending a sacred pipe and tobacco to a medicine man.
(c) By asking at Sun Dance.
(d) By giving offerings to Mother Earth.
2. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
(c) Bessie Good Road.
(d) Annie Mae.
3. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Chief Joseph.
(d) Sitting Bull.
4. What does First Woman find on her left side?
(b) Healing roots.
5. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Beck and McClosky?
2. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
3. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
4. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
5. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
2. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
3. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
4. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
5. What was the purpose of the Ghost Dance?
6. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
7. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
8. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
9. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
10. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)