|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Sixteen, what are the names of Leonard's daughters?
(a) Janie and Norma.
(b) Maria and Wanda.
(c) Ina and Bernadette.
(d) Ellen and Anna.
2. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
(d) Nova Scotia.
3. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
(a) Sweet grass.
(b) Sacred pipe.
(c) Waist high cottonwood stick.
4. Where is Leonard Peltier from?
(c) Fort Totten.
(d) Pine Ridge.
5. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Ten years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
2. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
3. Who is Ptesan Win?
4. On what date does Mary give birth?
5. What does Crow Dog call the abuses from the men who worked at the prisons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the Sun Dance in 1883?
2. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
3. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
4. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
5. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
6. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
7. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
8. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
9. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
10. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)