|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) October, 1975.
(b) December, 1975.
(c) November, 1975.
(d) January, 1976.
2. How many years is Leonard Crow Dog initially sentenced to?
3. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
(a) Deer skin.
(b) Upside down American flags.
(d) Buffalo robes.
4. In what year did the first Crow Dog win a case in the Supreme Court?
5. What do the dancers at Sun Dance dance around?
(b) Sacred pole.
(c) Sacred tree.
(d) The head of the Sun Dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
2. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
3. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
4. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
5. What is the "big, bad granddaddy of penitentiaries"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Crow Dogs' vision pit.
2. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
3. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
4. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
5. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
6. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
7. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
8. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
9. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
10. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)