|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
(a) Bessie Good Road.
(c) Annie Mae.
2. What does First Woman find on her left side?
(a) Healing roots.
3. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
(b) Leonard Peltier.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Anna Mae.
4. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
(a) Leonard's ceremonial hut.
(b) Leonard's nephew.
(c) Leonard's horse.
(d) Leonard's dog.
5. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
(a) Unlawful use of peyote.
(b) Assault and battery.
(c) Rapid City riots.
(d) Wounded Knee occupation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
2. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
3. What does the author compare the scene of September 5 to?
4. Who is Ptesan Win?
5. Who is the intercessor at Mary's first Sun Dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
2. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
3. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
4. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
5. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
6. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
7. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
8. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
9. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
10. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)