|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I am the last genuine aborigine left"?
(a) Henry Crow Dog.
(b) Uncle Bill Eagle Feathers.
(c) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
2. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) January, 1976.
(b) December, 1975.
(c) October, 1975.
(d) November, 1975.
3. Who are Beck and McClosky?
(a) Two drunk men who charge Crow Dog with assault.
(b) Federal officers.
(d) AIM leaders.
4. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
(a) Frank Clearwater.
(b) Morning Star.
(c) Dennis Wilson.
(d) Buddy Lamont.
5. What happens to the Crow Dogs on September 5, 1975?
(a) Crow Dog is placed in prison.
(b) FBI invades Crow Dog's land.
(c) A Ghost Dance is held.
(d) Mary has her second child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
2. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
3. How old are Mary and Leonard in the Epilogue?
4. What did White Buffalo Woman bring to the Sioux?
5. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was First Woman given the power to do?
2. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
3. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
4. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
5. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
6. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
7. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
8. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
9. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
10. What was the purpose of the Ghost Dance?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)