|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
(c) Nova Scotia.
2. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
(a) Sun Dance.
(b) Ghost Dance.
(c) Healing ceremony.
(d) Yuwipi ceremony.
3. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
(a) Nine in the morning.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Two o'clock.
4. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
(b) Upside down American flags.
(c) Deer skin.
(d) Buffalo robes.
5. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Anna Mae.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did the first Crow Dog win a case in the Supreme Court?
2. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
3. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
4. Who says, "I am the last genuine aborigine left"?
5. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
2. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
3. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
4. Describe the trading post store.
5. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
6. What happened to the Sun Dance in 1883?
7. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
8. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
9. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
10. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)