|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "A new world is coming"?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) Short Bull.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Yellow Robe.
2. What does Mary name her baby?
(c) Annie Mae.
3. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
(a) First chief engineer.
(b) Medicine man.
(c) Head of security.
(d) Ammunitions officer.
4. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
(a) Richard Erdoes and his wife, Jean.
(b) Bill Kunstler.
(c) Ken Tilsen.
(d) Sandy Rosen.
5. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
(a) Being raped.
(b) His hair being cut.
(c) The threat of a lobotomy.
(d) The burning of his parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonard say helps him be a better psychiatrist than the ones he sees?
2. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
3. How many years is Leonard Crow Dog initially sentenced to?
4. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
5. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
2. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
3. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
4. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
5. What does Leonard Crow Dog compare the Bicentennial to?
6. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
7. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
8. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
9. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
10. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)