|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
(a) Seventy-one days.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Eleven days.
2. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
(d) Nova Scotia.
3. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
(a) Sweat Bath.
(b) Ghost Dance.
(d) Sun Dance.
4. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Big Foot.
(d) Kicking Bear.
5. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
(a) Sacred pipe.
(b) Sweet grass.
(c) Waist high cottonwood stick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Leonard Crow Dog's favorite horse?
2. On what date does Mary give birth?
3. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
4. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
5. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was First Woman given the power to do?
2. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
3. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
4. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
5. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
6. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
7. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
8. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
9. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
10. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)