|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) Buffalo Calf Pipe.
(b) First tool.
(d) Sacred Pipestone.
2. Where is Barbara living in Chapter Sixteen?
(b) St. Francis.
(c) Rapid City.
3. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
(a) Nogeeshik Aquash.
(b) Jake Aquash.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Jake Maloney.
4. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Leonard Peltier.
(d) Dennis Banks.
5. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
(b) St. Francis.
(d) Wounded Knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
2. When did the Sun Dance come out into the open again?
3. What does Mary name her baby?
4. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
5. What does Crow Dog call the abuses from the men who worked at the prisons?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
2. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
3. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
4. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
5. What events led to Judge Robert Merhige to release Crow Dog for time served?
6. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
7. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
8. What happened to the Sun Dance in 1883?
9. What was First Woman given the power to do?
10. What was the attitude toward Mary, who was quite pregnant at the time of the siege at Wounded Knee?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)