|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
(a) Richard Erdoes and his wife, Jean.
(b) Ken Tilsen.
(c) Bill Kunstler.
(d) Sandy Rosen.
2. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
(a) Yuwipi ceremony.
(b) Sun Dance.
(c) Ghost Dance.
(d) Healing ceremony.
3. What does Leonard call his bible that he needed to have in prison?
(b) Sweet grass.
(d) His pipe.
4. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) Sacred Pipestone.
(b) First tool.
(c) Buffalo Calf Pipe.
5. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
(a) Two months.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Seventy-one days.
(d) Seven weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
2. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
3. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
4. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
5. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
2. Summarize what happens to Leonard Crow Dog's traditional style of wearing his hair while in prison.
3. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
4. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
5. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
6. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
7. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
8. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
9. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
10. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)