|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Seventy-one days.
(c) Eleven days.
(d) Two months.
2. What color is Mary's new home painted?
3. What do the dancers at Sun Dance dance around?
(a) Sacred tree.
(b) The head of the Sun Dance.
(c) Sacred pole.
4. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Good Thunder.
(c) Yellow Robe.
(d) Kicking Bird.
5. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
(a) Dennis Banks.
(b) Merle Left Hand Bull.
(c) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Russell Means.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
2. Where is Barbara living in Chapter Sixteen?
3. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
4. Who tells Mary that she is the water and the corn?
5. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
2. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
3. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
4. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
5. Describe the Ghost Dance that Leonard held at Wounded Knee in 1973.
6. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
7. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
8. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
9. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
10. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)