|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Mary and Leonard in the Epilogue?
(a) Thirty-seven and fifty.
(b) Thirty and forty-three.
(c) Thirty-four and forty-seven.
(d) Thirty-five and forty-seven.
2. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
(a) My voice you shall hear.
(b) Welcome home.
(c) He who taught the people to live.
(d) He who brought the pipe to the people.
3. On what date does Mary give birth?
(a) April 6.
(b) April 16.
(c) April 11.
(d) April 9.
4. What does Crow Dog call the abuses from the men who worked at the prisons?
(b) Mind torture.
(d) Heavy hate.
5. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
(a) Sacred pipe.
(b) Waist high cottonwood stick.
(c) Sweet grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
2. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
3. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
4. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
5. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
2. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
3. Describe Barbara's living situation in Chapter Sixteen.
4. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
5. Explain the points where Mary disagreed with the feminists who had supported her.
6. What was First Woman given the power to do?
7. Where did Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
8. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
9. What leads up to Mary becoming Leonard's wife?
10. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)