|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Mary address Leonard with before their marriage?
2. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Anna Mae.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
3. Who says, "You got to look at things with the eye in your heart"?
(a) Lame Deer.
(b) Leonard Peltier.
(d) Annie Mae.
4. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
(a) Leonard's horse.
(b) Leonard's nephew.
(c) Leonard's dog.
(d) Leonard's ceremonial hut.
5. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
2. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
3. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
4. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
5. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mary and her child as they leave Wounded Knee?
2. When Crow Dog is released from prison the first time, he goes to New York with friends, but has trouble sleeping. Mentally, he feels like he's still in prison. What changes?
3. What causes Mary's breakdown and how is she healed?
4. How is a yuwipi ceremony prepared for?
5. What is going on around Mary while she is giving birth?
6. Why do the Crow Dogs believe they are cursed?
7. What happens to the buildings used after Wounded Knee ends?
8. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
9. What led to Leonard Crow Dog's second breakdown while in prison?
10. Describe the changes in the Crow Dog family in the epilogue.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)