|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(a) Extended family group.
(c) Ghost Dancing.
2. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
(c) Rapid City.
3. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Her great aunt Mary.
(b) Crow Dogs.
(c) Grandpa Moore.
(d) School friends raised traditionally.
4. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
5. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) In a place of honor in the home.
(b) In their pocket.
(c) The heads of households had no ration cards.
(d) A beaded pouch around the neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
2. What are winter counts?
3. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
4. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
5. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the last peyote meeting that the author attended with Grandpa Dick Fool Bull.
2. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
3. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
4. Why does Mary say that it is hard being an Indian woman?
5. Describe the Indian marriages of Chapter Six.
6. What problems do Plains men face, according to Mary in Chapter One?
7. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
8. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
9. Describe the beginning of AIM.
10. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)