|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
(a) Lizzy Fast Horse, a grandmother.
(b) Dennis Banks, an AIM leader.
(c) Angela Davis, a revolutionary.
(d) Bill Kunstler, a lawyer.
2. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Mary Brave Bird.
(c) Dick Fool Bull.
(d) Dennis Banks.
3. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(a) Deer meat.
(c) Turtle stew.
4. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Navajo and Hopi.
(b) Rosebud and Navajo.
(c) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(d) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
5. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) A beaded pouch around the neck.
(b) The heads of households had no ration cards.
(c) In a place of honor in the home.
(d) In their pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
2. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
3. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
4. What does AIM stand for?
5. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Mary's mother and grandmother not teacher her how to speak the Sioux language?
2. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
3. Explain what the Indian Reorganization Act meant for Native Americans.
4. How was Mary Brave Bird honored after having her baby during the siege of Wounded Knee?
5. Describe the houses in the reservation towns from Chapter Four.
6. Why does Mary say that it is hard being an Indian woman?
7. Describe the peyote plant.
8. Explain the tribal divisions among the Sioux people.
9. Describe the Indian marriages of Chapter Six.
10. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)