|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kids are in Mary's family?
2. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(a) Current events non-fiction.
(c) Historical fiction.
3. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) Elderly and children.
(b) People from Pine Ridge.
(d) Those living in poverty.
4. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
5. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Colonel Chivington.
(b) Major McDougall.
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) General Custer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wise?
2. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
3. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
4. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
5. What American city does AIM begin in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the type of relationship that the author had with her mother in Chapter Five.
2. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
3. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
4. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
5. Describe Indian boarding schools from "Lakota Woman."
6. Explain what the Indian Reorganization Act meant for Native Americans.
7. Explain why no one Mary knows saves money in Chapter Two.
8. Explain the tribal divisions among the Sioux people.
9. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
10. What did Mary received from her grandmother's older sister, Mary, and her husband?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)