Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(b) South Dakota Public Schools.
(c) The BIA.
(d) The Lakota.
2. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Red Power.
(b) Custer had it coming.
(c) Custer died for your sins.
(d) Custer was Sioux'd.
3. Who is Wise?
(a) One of the students at the boarding school.
(b) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(c) A reservation friend.
(d) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
4. What American city does AIM begin in?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) St. Paul.
5. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
(a) The Second Wounded Knee.
(b) Her grandfather's death.
(c) Her marriage.
(d) Participating in Sun Dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
2. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
3. What tribe does Mary belong to?
4. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
5. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
2. Describe Indian boarding schools from "Lakota Woman."
3. Describe the houses in the reservation towns from Chapter Four.
4. Explain how the trading posts operated as described in Chapter Five.
5. What did Mary received from her grandmother's older sister, Mary, and her husband?
6. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
7. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
8. How was Mary Brave Bird honored after having her baby during the siege of Wounded Knee?
9. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
10. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)