|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(a) Ghost Dancing.
(b) Extended family group.
2. What is Cankpe Opi Wakpala?
(a) Spiritual medicine.
(b) Wounded Knee creek.
(c) A warrior society.
(d) A siege.
3. What American city does AIM begin in?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) St. Paul.
4. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
(a) Public school.
(b) Reservation day school.
(c) St. Francis Boarding School.
(d) An out-of-state boarding school.
5. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
(a) Asian food while in New York.
(b) An imitation Persian rug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
2. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
3. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
4. What is an iyeska?
5. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
2. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
3. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
4. Describe the type of relationship that the author had with her mother in Chapter Five.
5. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
6. Why will Mary's mother and grandmother not teacher her how to speak the Sioux language?
7. What problems do Plains men face, according to Mary in Chapter One?
8. Although Mary grew up in poverty, she indicates she was happier before she had to go to boarding school. Explain why.
9. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
10. Describe the houses in the reservation towns from Chapter Four.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)