|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
2. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
3. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Stealing cars.
(d) Taking drugs.
4. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
(a) Sun Dance.
(b) Vision quests.
5. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
(a) Grandpa Moore..
(b) Elsie Flood.
(c) Dick Fool Bull.
(d) Charlie Little Dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
2. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
3. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
4. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
5. What does AIM stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the type of relationship that the author had with her mother in Chapter Five.
2. Explain what the Indian Reorganization Act meant for Native Americans.
3. Why was the author successful during her shoplifting days?
4. Explain why no one Mary knows saves money in Chapter Two.
5. Describe Indian boarding schools from "Lakota Woman."
6. Describe the Indian marriages of Chapter Six.
7. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
8. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
9. Describe the houses in the reservation towns from Chapter Four.
10. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)