|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) The heads of households had no ration cards.
(b) In a place of honor in the home.
(c) A beaded pouch around the neck.
(d) In their pocket.
2. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(b) Historical fiction.
(c) Current events non-fiction.
3. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) South Dakota Public Schools.
(b) The BIA.
(c) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(d) The Lakota.
4. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
(a) Marriage to Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Sun Dance.
(c) Ghost Dance.
(d) Wounded Knee siege.
5. What year is AIM born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
2. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
3. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
4. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
5. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the beginning of AIM.
2. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
3. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
4. Describe the type of relationship that the author had with her mother in Chapter Five.
5. What did Mary received from her grandmother's older sister, Mary, and her husband?
6. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
7. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
8. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
9. Why was the author successful during her shoplifting days?
10. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)