|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(a) Truck driver.
(b) Tribal policeman.
(d) Grandpa Moore has no job.
2. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Trail of Broken Treaties.
(b) Takeover at Alcatraz.
(c) Pan American Pow Wow.
(d) March on Washington.
3. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Three hundred thousand.
(b) Three million.
(c) Two million.
(d) Eight hundred thousand.
4. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
(b) Dawes Act.
(c) Indian Civil Rights Act.
(d) Indian Reorganization Act.
5. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wise?
2. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
3. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
4. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
5. What does AIM stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
2. Why does Mary say that it is hard being an Indian woman?
3. Describe the houses in the reservation towns from Chapter Four.
4. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
5. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
6. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
7. Explain how the trading posts operated as described in Chapter Five.
8. Why was the author successful during her shoplifting days?
9. Describe the type of relationship that the author had with her mother in Chapter Five.
10. How was Mary Brave Bird honored after having her baby during the siege of Wounded Knee?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)