|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary Brave Bird.
(b) Barbara Brave Bird.
(c) Mary's mother.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
2. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(b) They don't have tea.
3. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
(a) The Dog Soliders.
(b) The Kit Foxes.
(c) The Badgers.
(d) The Strong Hearts.
4. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Reservation and non-reservation.
(b) Lakota and Dakota.
(c) Northern and Southern.
(d) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
5. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Brave Bulls.
(b) The Crow Dogs.
(c) The Horn Bears.
(d) The Fool Bulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
2. Who is Wise?
3. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
4. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
5. What American city does AIM begin in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Indian marriages of Chapter Six.
2. Describe the beginning of AIM.
3. What problems do Plains men face, according to Mary in Chapter One?
4. Explain why no one Mary knows saves money in Chapter Two.
5. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
6. What did Mary received from her grandmother's older sister, Mary, and her husband?
7. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
8. What attempts were made to destroy Indian religion, according to Chapter Seven?
9. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
10. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)