|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
(c) Rapid City.
2. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Spiritual rights.
(b) Economic rights.
(c) Political rights.
(d) Legal rights.
3. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She held hands with a boy.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She talked back to a nun.
(d) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
4. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Three hundred thousand.
(b) Three million.
(c) Two million.
(d) Eight hundred thousand.
5. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(a) Historical fiction.
(b) Current events non-fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
2. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
3. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
4. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
5. What does AIM stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose of the Ghost Dance?
2. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
3. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
4. Where did Crow Dog talk to Mary about Sioux legends and what was involved in being a medicine man and the wife of a medicine man?
5. How was Mary Brave Bird honored after having her baby during the siege of Wounded Knee?
6. What attempts were made to destroy Indian religion, according to Chapter Seven?
7. What happened to the Sun Dance in 1883?
8. Explain what the Indian Reorganization Act meant for Native Americans.
9. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
10. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)