|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
(a) Lizzy Fast Horse, a grandmother.
(b) Dennis Banks, an AIM leader.
(c) Angela Davis, a revolutionary.
(d) Bill Kunstler, a lawyer.
2. What American city does AIM begin in?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) St. Paul.
3. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
4. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
(a) The Dog Soliders.
(b) The Kit Foxes.
(c) The Strong Hearts.
(d) The Badgers.
5. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
(a) Anna Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an iyeska?
2. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
3. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
4. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
5. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
2. Why will Mary's mother and grandmother not teacher her how to speak the Sioux language?
3. Explain why no one Mary knows saves money in Chapter Two.
4. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
5. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
6. Although Mary grew up in poverty, she indicates she was happier before she had to go to boarding school. Explain why.
7. Explain how the trading posts operated as described in Chapter Five.
8. Describe the last peyote meeting that the author attended with Grandpa Dick Fool Bull.
9. What attempts were made to destroy Indian religion, according to Chapter Seven?
10. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)