|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(a) Tribal policeman.
(b) Truck driver.
(d) Grandpa Moore has no job.
2. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
3. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
4. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
(a) A 14-year-old Sioux boy.
(b) A middle-aged Ojibway woman.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Russell Means.
5. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(b) Never to talk to a white person.
(c) Never tell a lie.
(d) Never go into white peoples' homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
2. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
3. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
4. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
5. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
2. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
3. Why will Mary's mother and grandmother not teacher her how to speak the Sioux language?
4. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
5. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
6. Describe the beginning of AIM.
7. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
8. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
9. What problems do Plains men face, according to Mary in Chapter One?
10. Why was the author successful during her shoplifting days?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)