|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) The heads of households had no ration cards.
(b) A beaded pouch around the neck.
(c) In a place of honor in the home.
(d) In their pocket.
2. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(b) Loss of spirituality.
(c) White men.
3. What American city does AIM begin in?
(a) St. Paul.
(d) San Francisco.
4. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Colonel Chivington.
(b) General Custer.
(c) Major McDougall.
(d) Spotted Tail.
5. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Washington State.
(c) Capital of South Dakota.
(d) Wounded Knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
2. What tribe does the late Native American activist, Richard Oakes, belong to?
3. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
4. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
5. What tribe does Mary belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the beginning of AIM.
2. Why was the author successful during her shoplifting days?
3. Describe the Indian marriages of Chapter Six.
4. Describe the type of relationship that the author had with her mother in Chapter Five.
5. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
6. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
7. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
8. What did Mary received from her grandmother's older sister, Mary, and her husband?
9. How was Mary Brave Bird honored after having her baby during the siege of Wounded Knee?
10. What attempts were made to destroy Indian religion, according to Chapter Seven?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)