|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) March on Washington.
(b) Pan American Pow Wow.
(c) Takeover at Alcatraz.
(d) Trail of Broken Treaties.
2. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(b) Never tell a lie.
(c) Never to talk to a white person.
(d) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
3. Who is Wise?
(a) A reservation friend.
(b) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(c) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(d) One of the students at the boarding school.
4. How many kids are in Mary's family?
5. What American city does AIM begin in?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
2. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
3. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
4. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
5. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
2. What attempts were made to destroy Indian religion, according to Chapter Seven?
3. Who are some of the non-Indian supporters for Leonard Crow Dog?
4. Explain who Charles and Robert were from Chapter Nine.
5. How does the first Crow Dog get his name, according to the stories that Henry Crow Dog tells Mary?
6. Describe Annie Mae's childhood.
7. What did Mary admire about her friend, Annie Mae?
8. Explain what the Indian Reorganization Act meant for Native Americans.
9. Explain all that Leonard Crow Dog did at Wounded Knee in 1973.
10. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)