|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Mary?
(a) Five and a half feet.
(b) Under five feet.
(c) Not much over five feet tall.
(d) Over five foot, six inches.
2. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) Elderly and children.
(c) People from Pine Ridge.
(d) Those living in poverty.
3. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
4. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Fun towns.
(b) Redneck towns.
(c) Drunk towns.
(d) Rez towns.
5. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Takeover at Alcatraz.
(b) Pan American Pow Wow.
(c) March on Washington.
(d) Trail of Broken Treaties.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
2. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
3. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
4. What American city does AIM begin in?
5. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why no one Mary knows saves money in Chapter Two.
2. Why was the author successful during her shoplifting days?
3. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
4. Although Mary grew up in poverty, she indicates she was happier before she had to go to boarding school. Explain why.
5. Describe the peyote plant.
6. Describe Indian boarding schools from "Lakota Woman."
7. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
8. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
9. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
10. Describe the last peyote meeting that the author attended with Grandpa Dick Fool Bull.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)