|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American city does AIM begin in?
(b) St. Paul.
(c) San Francisco.
2. What does AIM stand for?
(a) Association of Indian Moral.
(b) American Indian Mothers.
(c) American Indian Movement.
(d) Taking a true AIM against the white society.
3. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
(a) The Badgers.
(b) The Strong Hearts.
(c) The Kit Foxes.
(d) The Dog Soliders.
4. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(b) Kansas City.
(d) Rapid City.
5. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
2. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
3. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
4. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
5. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Mary's first encounter with AIM?
2. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
3. Describe the beginning of AIM.
4. Explain the tribal divisions among the Sioux people.
5. What did Mary received from her grandmother's older sister, Mary, and her husband?
6. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
7. Describe Mary's aunt, Elsie Flood.
8. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
9. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
10. What attempts were made to destroy Indian religion, according to Chapter Seven?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)