|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Grandpa Fool Bull.
(c) Mary Brave Bird.
(d) Russell Means.
2. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) Five or six.
(b) One or two.
(c) Nine or ten.
(d) A teenager.
3. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
(a) Public school.
(b) St. Francis Boarding School.
(c) Reservation day school.
(d) An out-of-state boarding school.
4. What does AIM stand for?
(a) Association of Indian Moral.
(b) Taking a true AIM against the white society.
(c) American Indian Mothers.
(d) American Indian Movement.
5. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
2. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
3. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
4. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
5. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will Mary's mother and grandmother not teacher her how to speak the Sioux language?
2. Describe the type of relationship that the author had with her mother in Chapter Five.
3. According to Chapter Three, who runs the boarding school that the author attended?
4. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
5. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
6. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
7. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
8. Describe the last peyote meeting that the author attended with Grandpa Dick Fool Bull.
9. What problems do Plains men face, according to Mary in Chapter One?
10. Describe the Indian marriages of Chapter Six.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)