|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Eight hundred thousand.
(b) Three hundred thousand.
(c) Two million.
(d) Three million.
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(a) Ghost Dancing.
(d) Extended family group.
3. How many kids are in Mary's family?
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Barbara Brave Bird.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Mary's mother.
(d) Mary Brave Bird.
5. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
(a) Rapid City.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
2. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
3. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
4. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
5. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the peyote plant.
2. Describe the last peyote meeting that the author attended with Grandpa Dick Fool Bull.
3. Explain how the trading posts operated as described in Chapter Five.
4. What attempts were made to destroy Indian religion, according to Chapter Seven?
5. Describe Indian boarding schools from "Lakota Woman."
6. What happened at home when Mary quit school?
7. What problems do Plains men face, according to Mary in Chapter One?
8. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
9. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
10. Describe the Indian marriages of Chapter Six.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)