|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) A 14-year-old Sioux boy.
(c) A middle-aged Ojibway woman.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
2. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Teacher training.
(b) Business school training.
(c) Nurse training.
(d) Government worker training.
3. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
(c) Anna Mae.
4. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(b) Historical fiction.
(d) Current events non-fiction.
5. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
(d) Rapid City.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
3. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
4. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
5. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
2. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
3. Why does Mary say that it is hard being an Indian woman?
4. Explain why no one Mary knows saves money in Chapter Two.
5. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
6. Describe Indian boarding schools from "Lakota Woman."
7. Describe the dream the author experienced two weeks after her first peyote meeting.
8. Explain the tribal divisions among the Sioux people.
9. Describe Old Grandpa Fool Bull.
10. Describe the peyote plant.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)