|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
2. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
3. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
4. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Colonel Chivington.
(c) General Custer.
(d) Major McDougall.
5. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They are jailed.
(b) They catch TB and die.
(c) They are killed by soldiers.
(d) They die in infancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
2. How many kids are in Mary's family?
3. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
4. Chapter Two begins with what?
5. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Indian marriages of Chapter Six.
2. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
3. Describe Indian boarding schools from "Lakota Woman."
4. Describe the houses in the reservation towns from Chapter Four.
5. How was Mary Brave Bird honored after having her baby during the siege of Wounded Knee?
6. Describe the beginning of AIM.
7. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
8. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
9. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
10. Explain the tribal divisions among the Sioux people.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)