|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They are killed by soldiers.
(b) They die in infancy.
(c) They catch TB and die.
(d) They are jailed.
2. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
3. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Three hundred thousand.
(b) Two million.
(c) Three million.
(d) Eight hundred thousand.
4. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) Not being able to get to the hospital on time.
(b) By carrying a heavy pan while working in the kitchen.
(c) Being in a car accident.
(d) Getting into a fight with her mother.
5. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
2. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
4. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
5. Who is Wise?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Indian boarding schools from "Lakota Woman."
2. Describe the houses in the reservation towns from Chapter Four.
3. Why does Mary say that it is hard being an Indian woman?
4. Explain why no one Mary knows saves money in Chapter Two.
5. How did Mary spend her time after she quit school?
6. Describe the incident that led to Mary leaving boarding school permanently.
7. What did Mary live while her husband was in the maximum-security prison in Lewisburg? How did she spend her time?
8. Describe Mary's Christmases when she is young in Chapter Two.
9. Why did the Rosebud people not play a big part at battles like Little Big Horn?
10. Describe the last peyote meeting that the author attended with Grandpa Dick Fool Bull.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)