|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "You got to look at things with the eye in your heart"?
(a) Annie Mae.
(b) Lame Deer.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
2. What does First Woman find on her left side?
(d) Healing roots.
3. What did White Buffalo Woman bring to the Sioux?
(a) Healing roots.
(c) Sacred pipe.
4. What is the name of Leonard Crow Dog's favorite horse?
(a) Big Red.
(b) Spirit Wind.
(d) Flying Eagle.
5. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
(a) Annie Mae.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Frank Fools Crow.
(d) Dennis Banks.
6. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
(a) Ellen Moves Camp.
(b) Josette Wawasik.
(c) Annie Mae Aquash.
(d) Vernona Kills Right.
7. What does the author compare the scene of September 5 to?
(a) Wounded Knee Massacre.
(b) Vietcong village overrun by 185 Rambos.
(c) The Watts riots.
(d) Soldiers advancing on Indians long ago.
8. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
(a) Rapid City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Crow Dog land.
(d) Mount Rushmore.
9. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
(a) Jancita Eagle Deer.
(b) Buddy Lamont.
(c) Pedro Bissonette.
(d) Byron De Sersa.
10. What is Annie Mae's mother's name?
(a) Ellen Ann.
(b) Anna Maria.
(c) Anna Lee.
(d) Mary Ellen.
11. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
(a) The Sun.
(b) A beautiful tepee.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A bear.
12. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
(a) Jeans and denim shirts.
(c) Light blue Day-Glo jumpsuits.
(d) All black outfits.
13. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
(a) Sandy Rosen.
(b) Richard Erdoes and his wife, Jean.
(c) Ken Tilsen.
(d) Bill Kunstler.
14. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
(a) The Wounded Knee monument.
(b) The tribal building.
(c) The museum.
(d) The school.
15. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
(c) Dog meat.
(d) Frog's legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonard call his bible that he needed to have in prison?
2. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
3. What does Mary name her baby?
4. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
5. In what year did the first Crow Dog win a case in the Supreme Court?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)