|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonard do with $4000 he receives in residuals in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Holds a giveaway feast.
(b) Buys a truck.
(c) Puts a bathroom in the house.
(d) Gives it to his parents.
2. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
(a) The Sun.
(b) A beautiful tepee.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A bear.
3. Who is the intercessor at Mary's first Sun Dance?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(c) Henry Crow Dog.
(d) Uncle Bill Eagle Feathers.
4. What do the dancers at Sun Dance dance around?
(b) Sacred pole.
(c) Sacred tree.
(d) The head of the Sun Dance.
5. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
(a) Jancita Eagle Deer.
(b) Pedro Bissonette.
(c) Byron De Sersa.
(d) Buddy Lamont.
6. What term does Mary address Leonard with before their marriage?
7. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
(c) Green cedar.
8. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
(a) November 1, 1969.
(b) January 1, 1971.
(c) December 31, 1968,
(d) November 26, 1970.
9. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Good Thunder.
(c) Kicking Bird.
(d) Yellow Robe.
10. What does Leonard call his bible that he needed to have in prison?
(c) Sweet grass.
(d) His pipe.
11. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
(a) Buddy Lamont.
(b) Frank Clearwater.
(c) Morning Star.
(d) Dennis Wilson.
12. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Chief Joseph.
(d) Sitting Bull.
13. In what year did the first Crow Dog win a case in the Supreme Court?
14. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) January, 1976.
(b) October, 1975.
(c) December, 1975.
(d) November, 1975.
15. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
(a) The burning of his parents' house.
(b) The threat of a lobotomy.
(c) Being raped.
(d) His hair being cut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
2. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
3. When did the Sun Dance come out into the open again?
4. What does Pedro become?
5. What is the "big, bad granddaddy of penitentiaries"?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)