|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary's skin sacrifice go?
(a) Into a fire.
(b) Into a red bundle, tied to a sacred pipe.
(c) Around her neck.
(d) Into a medicine bag.
2. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Kicking Bear.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(d) Big Foot.
3. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
4. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
(a) He who brought the pipe to the people.
(b) My voice you shall hear.
(c) He who taught the people to live.
(d) Welcome home.
5. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Head of security.
(c) Ammunitions officer.
(d) First chief engineer.
6. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
(a) Annie Mae.
(d) Mary's mother.
7. When did the Sun Dance come out into the open again?
(a) 1950s and 60s.
(b) 1920s and 30s.
(c) 1960s and 70s.
(d) In the 1930s and 40s.
8. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
(b) Anna Mae.
(c) Leonard Peltier.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
9. What does Bobby Leader Charge dance for in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) For his sick father.
(b) For the death of his friend.
(c) For his brother's release from jail.
(d) For the release of Leonard Peltier.
10. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Ten years old.
11. Where is Barbara living in Chapter Sixteen?
(b) St. Francis.
(c) Rapid City.
12. What color is Mary's new home painted?
13. How many years is Leonard Crow Dog initially sentenced to?
14. Who is the intercessor at Mary's first Sun Dance?
(a) Henry Crow Dog.
(c) Uncle Bill Eagle Feathers.
(d) Wallace Black Elk.
15. Whose chest is described as a battleground of scars?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(b) John Lame Deer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
2. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
3. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
4. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
5. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)