|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
(a) Annie Mae Aquash.
(b) Leonard Peltier.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Dennis Banks.
2. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
(a) Leonard's dog.
(b) Leonard's nephew.
(c) Leonard's horse.
(d) Leonard's ceremonial hut.
3. What does Crow Dog call the abuses from the men who worked at the prisons?
(a) Heavy hate.
(d) Mind torture.
4. Where is Leonard Peltier from?
(a) Pine Ridge.
(c) Fort Totten.
5. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
(a) He who brought the pipe to the people.
(b) He who taught the people to live.
(c) My voice you shall hear.
(d) Welcome home.
6. What does Pedro become?
(a) A medicine man.
(b) A tribal policeman.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A yuwipi man.
7. How many years is Leonard Crow Dog initially sentenced to?
8. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
9. What happens to the Crow Dogs on September 5, 1975?
(a) FBI invades Crow Dog's land.
(b) A Ghost Dance is held.
(c) Mary has her second child.
(d) Crow Dog is placed in prison.
10. What does Leonard say helps him be a better psychiatrist than the ones he sees?
(a) Grandfather Peyote.
(b) Sioux religion.
(c) Pipe and tobacco.
(d) His songs.
11. Who says, "I am the last genuine aborigine left"?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(b) Henry Crow Dog.
(c) Uncle Bill Eagle Feathers.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
12. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
(a) The Sun.
(b) A bear.
(c) A beautiful tepee.
(d) A blanket.
13. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Chief Joseph.
14. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
15. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Anna Mae.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "big, bad granddaddy of penitentiaries"?
2. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
3. What incident leads to Mary leaving a week before the siege ends?
4. What does Leonard call his bible that he needed to have in prison?
5. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)