|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
(a) November 1, 1969.
(b) January 1, 1971.
(c) November 26, 1970.
(d) December 31, 1968,
2. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
(a) He who brought the pipe to the people.
(b) He who taught the people to live.
(c) My voice you shall hear.
(d) Welcome home.
3. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
(b) Two o'clock.
(c) Nine in the morning.
(d) Four o'clock.
4. What does Crow Dog call the abuses from the men who worked at the prisons?
(a) Heavy hate.
(b) Mind torture.
5. What incident leads to Mary leaving a week before the siege ends?
(a) Forced to leave by AIM leaders.
(b) Her uncle was killed.
(c) Problems with childbirth.
(d) Baby's health problems.
6. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
(a) Leonard's nephew.
(b) Leonard's horse.
(c) Leonard's ceremonial hut.
(d) Leonard's dog.
7. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
(a) Byron De Sersa.
(b) Buddy Lamont.
(c) Jancita Eagle Deer.
(d) Pedro Bissonette.
8. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
(a) David Amram.
(b) Jeffe Kimball.
(c) David Baxter.
(d) Dick Gregory.
9. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Dennis Banks.
(c) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
10. In what year did the first Crow Dog win a case in the Supreme Court?
11. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
(a) Annie Mae Aquash.
(b) Josette Wawasik.
(c) Vernona Kills Right.
(d) Ellen Moves Camp.
12. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) January, 1976.
(b) October, 1975.
(c) December, 1975.
(d) November, 1975.
13. Whose chest is described as a battleground of scars?
(b) Wallace Black Elk.
(c) John Lame Deer.
14. What is Annie Mae's mother's name?
(a) Mary Ellen.
(b) Anna Maria.
(c) Anna Lee.
(d) Ellen Ann.
15. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
(a) Merle Left Hand Bull.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Wallace Black Elk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
2. Where is Barbara living in Chapter Sixteen?
3. What is the name of Leonard Crow Dog's favorite horse?
4. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
5. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)