|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Sun Dance come out into the open again?
(a) In the 1930s and 40s.
(b) 1950s and 60s.
(c) 1920s and 30s.
(d) 1960s and 70s.
2. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Head of security.
(c) Ammunitions officer.
(d) First chief engineer.
3. In what year did the first Crow Dog win a case in the Supreme Court?
4. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
(a) Annie Mae Aquash.
(b) Josette Wawasik.
(c) Vernona Kills Right.
(d) Ellen Moves Camp.
5. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
(a) His hair being cut.
(b) Being raped.
(c) The burning of his parents' house.
(d) The threat of a lobotomy.
6. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(d) Chief Joseph.
7. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(b) Dennis Banks.
(c) Leonard Peltier.
(d) Russell Means.
8. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
(a) The Wounded Knee monument.
(b) The tribal building.
(c) The museum.
(d) The school.
9. Who are Beck and McClosky?
(a) Two drunk men who charge Crow Dog with assault.
(b) Federal officers.
(d) AIM leaders.
10. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
11. What is a winkte?
(a) A midwife.
(b) A medicine woman.
(c) A ceremony.
(d) A gay person.
12. What term does Mary address Leonard with before their marriage?
13. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
(a) Dennis Banks.
(b) Annie Mae Aquash.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
14. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
(a) A bear.
(b) A blanket.
(c) The Sun.
(d) A beautiful tepee.
15. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
(a) Nova Scotia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ptesan Win?
2. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
3. Where is Leonard Peltier from?
4. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
5. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)