|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the dancers at Sun Dance dance around?
(a) Sacred pole.
(b) Sacred tree.
(c) The head of the Sun Dance.
2. In Chapter Sixteen, what are the names of Leonard's daughters?
(a) Maria and Wanda.
(b) Ina and Bernadette.
(c) Janie and Norma.
(d) Ellen and Anna.
3. What does Leonard say helps him be a better psychiatrist than the ones he sees?
(a) Grandfather Peyote.
(b) His songs.
(c) Pipe and tobacco.
(d) Sioux religion.
4. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
(a) Kicking Bird.
(b) Black Elk.
(c) Good Thunder.
(d) Yellow Robe.
5. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
6. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
7. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Leonard Peltier.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
8. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
(a) Dick Gregory.
(b) Jeffe Kimball.
(c) David Amram.
(d) David Baxter.
9. What does First Woman find on her left side?
(d) Healing roots.
10. What are Leonard's sons called?
(a) Richard and Quanah.
(b) Richard and Steve.
(c) Bobby and Jack.
(d) Leonard and Mike.
11. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
(a) Frank Fools Crow.
(b) Dennis Banks.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Annie Mae.
12. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
(a) Ken Tilsen.
(b) Richard Erdoes and his wife, Jean.
(c) Bill Kunstler.
(d) Sandy Rosen.
13. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
(a) Cheryl Petite.
(b) Barbara Brave Bird.
(c) Leona Crow Dog.
(d) Annie Mae Aquash.
14. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) First tool.
(b) Sacred Pipestone.
(c) Buffalo Calf Pipe.
15. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
(a) Security office.
(c) Community hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
2. Who says, "A new world is coming"?
3. Who is the intercessor at Mary's first Sun Dance?
4. Who tells Mary that she is the water and the corn?
5. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)