|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
(a) Frank Fools Crow.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Annie Mae.
(d) Dennis Banks.
2. Who says, "A new world is coming"?
(a) Short Bull.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) Yellow Robe.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
3. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
(a) Leonard's nephew.
(b) Leonard's horse.
(c) Leonard's dog.
(d) Leonard's ceremonial hut.
4. In what year did the first Crow Dog win a case in the Supreme Court?
5. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
(b) Sacred pipe.
(c) Sweet grass.
(d) Waist high cottonwood stick.
6. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
(a) Richard Erdoes and his wife, Jean.
(b) Bill Kunstler.
(c) Sandy Rosen.
(d) Ken Tilsen.
7. What happens to the Crow Dogs on September 5, 1975?
(a) A Ghost Dance is held.
(b) FBI invades Crow Dog's land.
(c) Mary has her second child.
(d) Crow Dog is placed in prison.
8. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
(a) David Amram.
(b) Dick Gregory.
(c) Jeffe Kimball.
(d) David Baxter.
9. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Big Foot.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(d) Kicking Bear.
10. What incident leads to Mary leaving a week before the siege ends?
(a) Her uncle was killed.
(b) Baby's health problems.
(c) Problems with childbirth.
(d) Forced to leave by AIM leaders.
11. What year does Mary move in with Leonard?
12. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
(a) Community hall.
(d) Security office.
13. Who tells Mary that she is the water and the corn?
(a) Her in-laws.
(d) Her New York friends.
14. Who is Ptesan Win?
(a) White Buffalo Woman.
(b) A medicine woman.
(c) Grandmother Earth.
(d) Grandfather Spirit.
15. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
(a) His hair being cut.
(b) Being raped.
(c) The threat of a lobotomy.
(d) The burning of his parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does Mary give birth?
2. Who says, "You got to look at things with the eye in your heart"?
3. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
4. Where does Mary's skin sacrifice go?
5. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)