|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the intercessor at Mary's first Sun Dance?
(b) Wallace Black Elk.
(c) Uncle Bill Eagle Feathers.
(d) Henry Crow Dog.
2. What does Leonard do with $4000 he receives in residuals in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Puts a bathroom in the house.
(b) Holds a giveaway feast.
(c) Gives it to his parents.
(d) Buys a truck.
3. What is the "big, bad granddaddy of penitentiaries"?
4. When did the Sun Dance come out into the open again?
(a) 1920s and 30s.
(b) 1950s and 60s.
(c) In the 1930s and 40s.
(d) 1960s and 70s.
5. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
(a) Dennis Wilson.
(b) Buddy Lamont.
(c) Morning Star.
(d) Frank Clearwater.
6. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
(a) Good Thunder.
(b) Yellow Robe.
(c) Black Elk.
(d) Kicking Bird.
7. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) October, 1975.
(b) November, 1975.
(c) January, 1976.
(d) December, 1975.
8. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
(b) Green cedar.
9. What did White Buffalo Woman bring to the Sioux?
(b) Sacred pipe.
(d) Healing roots.
10. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
(a) Jancita Eagle Deer.
(b) Byron De Sersa.
(c) Buddy Lamont.
(d) Pedro Bissonette.
11. On what date does Mary give birth?
(a) April 11.
(b) April 6.
(c) April 16.
(d) April 9.
12. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
(b) Nine in the morning.
(c) Two o'clock.
(d) Four o'clock.
13. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) Buffalo Calf Pipe.
(b) Sacred Pipestone.
(d) First tool.
14. Who is Ptesan Win?
(a) Grandmother Earth.
(b) White Buffalo Woman.
(c) A medicine woman.
(d) Grandfather Spirit.
15. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
(c) St. Francis.
(d) Wounded Knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
2. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
3. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
4. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
5. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)