|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonard do with $4000 he receives in residuals in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Buys a truck.
(b) Gives it to his parents.
(c) Holds a giveaway feast.
(d) Puts a bathroom in the house.
2. Who says, "You got to look at things with the eye in your heart"?
(a) Leonard Peltier.
(c) Lame Deer.
(d) Annie Mae.
3. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Big Foot.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Spotted Elk.
4. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
5. What is Annie Mae's mother's name?
(a) Anna Maria.
(b) Mary Ellen.
(c) Anna Lee.
(d) Ellen Ann.
6. Where does Mary's skin sacrifice go?
(a) Into a red bundle, tied to a sacred pipe.
(b) Around her neck.
(c) Into a medicine bag.
(d) Into a fire.
7. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
(a) Ammunitions officer.
(b) Head of security.
(c) First chief engineer.
(d) Medicine man.
8. Whose chest is described as a battleground of scars?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) John Lame Deer.
9. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
10. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
(a) Leonard Peltier.
(b) Anna Mae.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
11. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
(b) Buffalo robes.
(c) Upside down American flags.
(d) Deer skin.
12. Who says, "I am the last genuine aborigine left"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Uncle Bill Eagle Feathers.
(c) Henry Crow Dog.
(d) Wallace Black Elk.
13. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
(b) Community hall.
(d) Security office.
14. What is a winkte?
(a) A medicine woman.
(b) A ceremony.
(c) A gay person.
(d) A midwife.
15. What do the dancers at Sun Dance dance around?
(a) The head of the Sun Dance.
(b) Sacred pole.
(c) Sacred tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
2. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
3. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
4. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
5. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)