|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
(a) Assault and battery.
(b) Unlawful use of peyote.
(c) Rapid City riots.
(d) Wounded Knee occupation.
2. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
(a) November 26, 1970.
(b) January 1, 1971.
(c) December 31, 1968,
(d) November 1, 1969.
3. When did the Sun Dance come out into the open again?
(a) In the 1930s and 40s.
(b) 1950s and 60s.
(c) 1920s and 30s.
(d) 1960s and 70s.
4. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
(a) First chief engineer.
(b) Medicine man.
(c) Head of security.
(d) Ammunitions officer.
5. What does First Woman find on her left side?
(a) Healing roots.
6. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
(a) Pedro Bissonette.
(b) Buddy Lamont.
(c) Byron De Sersa.
(d) Jancita Eagle Deer.
7. Who is Ptesan Win?
(a) A medicine woman.
(b) Grandmother Earth.
(c) White Buffalo Woman.
(d) Grandfather Spirit.
8. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
(a) Jeans and denim shirts.
(b) Light blue Day-Glo jumpsuits.
(c) All black outfits.
9. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
(a) The Sun.
(b) A beautiful tepee.
(c) A bear.
(d) A blanket.
10. How many years is Leonard Crow Dog initially sentenced to?
11. What does Mary name her baby?
(a) Annie Mae.
12. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
(a) Dennis Banks.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Annie Mae.
(d) Frank Fools Crow.
13. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
(a) Leonard's horse.
(b) Leonard's dog.
(c) Leonard's nephew.
(d) Leonard's ceremonial hut.
14. What color is Mary's new home painted?
15. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
(a) Ken Tilsen.
(b) Sandy Rosen.
(c) Bill Kunstler.
(d) Richard Erdoes and his wife, Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I am the last genuine aborigine left"?
2. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
3. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
4. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
5. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)