|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
(c) Baked beans out of a can.
2. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
(a) Dennis Banks.
(b) Wallace Black Elk.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Merle Left Hand Bull.
3. Who says, "I am the last genuine aborigine left"?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(b) Henry Crow Dog.
(c) Uncle Bill Eagle Feathers.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
4. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
(a) Waist high cottonwood stick.
(b) Sacred pipe.
(c) Sweet grass.
5. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
(a) Buddy Lamont.
(b) Byron De Sersa.
(c) Jancita Eagle Deer.
(d) Pedro Bissonette.
6. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
(b) Frog's legs.
(d) Dog meat.
7. What is the name of Leonard Crow Dog's favorite horse?
(a) Spirit Wind.
(b) Flying Eagle.
(d) Big Red.
8. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
(b) Annie Mae.
(d) Mary's mother.
9. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
(a) Leonard Peltier.
(b) Annie Mae Aquash.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Russell Means.
10. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
(a) Frank Fools Crow.
(b) Dennis Banks.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Annie Mae.
11. Whose chest is described as a battleground of scars?
(c) John Lame Deer.
(d) Wallace Black Elk.
12. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) December, 1975.
(b) November, 1975.
(c) October, 1975.
(d) January, 1976.
13. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
14. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
(a) Light blue Day-Glo jumpsuits.
(b) All black outfits.
(c) Jeans and denim shirts.
15. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
(a) Jake Maloney.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Nogeeshik Aquash.
(d) Jake Aquash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
2. Where is Leonard Peltier from?
3. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
4. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
5. What does the author compare the scene of September 5 to?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)