|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
(a) His hair being cut.
(b) Being raped.
(c) The threat of a lobotomy.
(d) The burning of his parents' house.
2. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
(a) Crow Dog land.
(b) Mount Rushmore.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Rapid City.
3. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
(a) David Amram.
(b) Dick Gregory.
(c) David Baxter.
(d) Jeffe Kimball.
4. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
(a) Nine in the morning.
(c) Two o'clock.
(d) Four o'clock.
5. Who are Beck and McClosky?
(b) Two drunk men who charge Crow Dog with assault.
(c) AIM leaders.
(d) Federal officers.
6. Who tells Mary that she is the water and the corn?
(a) Her New York friends.
(b) Her in-laws.
7. Who says, "A new world is coming"?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) Short Bull.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Yellow Robe.
8. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
(a) Yellow Robe.
(b) Good Thunder.
(c) Kicking Bird.
(d) Black Elk.
9. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
10. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
(a) Dennis Banks.
(b) Frank Fools Crow.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Annie Mae.
11. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Leonard Peltier.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Wallace Black Elk.
12. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
13. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
(b) Nova Scotia.
14. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
(a) Leonard Peltier.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Anna Mae.
15. What does Leonard call his bible that he needed to have in prison?
(a) His pipe.
(b) Sweet grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
2. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
3. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
4. Who is Ptesan Win?
5. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)