|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did White Buffalo Woman bring to the Sioux?
(c) Sacred pipe.
(d) Healing roots.
2. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
(a) Leonard Peltier.
(c) Anna Mae.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
3. What year does Mary move in with Leonard?
4. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
(b) Green cedar.
5. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
6. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(b) Leonard Peltier.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Russell Means.
7. Who tells Mary that she is the water and the corn?
(b) Her in-laws.
(c) Her New York friends.
8. Whose chest is described as a battleground of scars?
(a) John Lame Deer.
(d) Wallace Black Elk.
9. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
(c) Nova Scotia.
10. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
11. How old are Mary and Leonard in the Epilogue?
(a) Thirty-seven and fifty.
(b) Thirty-four and forty-seven.
(c) Thirty and forty-three.
(d) Thirty-five and forty-seven.
12. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
(a) His hair being cut.
(b) The burning of his parents' house.
(c) Being raped.
(d) The threat of a lobotomy.
13. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
(a) Jake Maloney.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Jake Aquash.
(d) Nogeeshik Aquash.
14. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
(a) He who brought the pipe to the people.
(b) My voice you shall hear.
(c) Welcome home.
(d) He who taught the people to live.
15. What does Crow Dog call the abuses from the men who worked at the prisons?
(c) Heavy hate.
(d) Mind torture.
Short Answer Questions
1. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
2. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
3. What does Leonard do with $4000 he receives in residuals in Chapter Twelve?
4. In Chapter Sixteen, what are the names of Leonard's daughters?
5. What does Leonard call his bible that he needed to have in prison?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)