|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
(a) Ghost Dance.
(b) Sun Dance.
(c) Healing ceremony.
(d) Yuwipi ceremony.
2. What is Annie Mae's mother's name?
(a) Ellen Ann.
(b) Anna Maria.
(c) Mary Ellen.
(d) Anna Lee.
3. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
(a) Welcome home.
(b) He who taught the people to live.
(c) He who brought the pipe to the people.
(d) My voice you shall hear.
4. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
(a) The museum.
(b) The Wounded Knee monument.
(c) The school.
(d) The tribal building.
5. On what date does Mary give birth?
(a) April 6.
(b) April 11.
(c) April 9.
(d) April 16.
6. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
(a) Frank Fools Crow.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Annie Mae.
(d) Dennis Banks.
7. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
(a) The Sun.
(b) A beautiful tepee.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A bear.
8. Who says, "A new world is coming"?
(a) Yellow Robe.
(b) Short Bull.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Sitting Bull.
9. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) Buffalo Calf Pipe.
(b) First tool.
(d) Sacred Pipestone.
10. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Green cedar.
11. Who is Ptesan Win?
(a) A medicine woman.
(b) Grandmother Earth.
(c) White Buffalo Woman.
(d) Grandfather Spirit.
12. What does Bobby Leader Charge dance for in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) For the death of his friend.
(b) For his brother's release from jail.
(c) For his sick father.
(d) For the release of Leonard Peltier.
13. Who tells Mary that she is the water and the corn?
(a) Her New York friends.
(d) Her in-laws.
14. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
(a) Dennis Wilson.
(b) Morning Star.
(c) Frank Clearwater.
(d) Buddy Lamont.
15. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
(b) Baked beans out of a can.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
2. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
3. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
4. Who is the intercessor at Mary's first Sun Dance?
5. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)