|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonard say helps him be a better psychiatrist than the ones he sees?
(a) Grandfather Peyote.
(b) Sioux religion.
(c) Pipe and tobacco.
(d) His songs.
2. What does First Woman find on her left side?
(d) Healing roots.
3. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
4. Where does Mary's skin sacrifice go?
(a) Into a fire.
(b) Into a red bundle, tied to a sacred pipe.
(c) Into a medicine bag.
(d) Around her neck.
5. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
(b) Sweat Bath.
(c) Ghost Dance.
(d) Sun Dance.
6. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
(a) Ghost Dance.
(b) Sun Dance.
(c) Healing ceremony.
(d) Yuwipi ceremony.
7. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) November, 1975.
(b) October, 1975.
(c) December, 1975.
(d) January, 1976.
8. What color is Mary's new home painted?
9. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
(a) Big Foot.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) Spotted Elk.
10. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
(a) Leonard's horse.
(b) Leonard's dog.
(c) Leonard's nephew.
(d) Leonard's ceremonial hut.
11. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
(a) Unlawful use of peyote.
(b) Wounded Knee occupation.
(c) Rapid City riots.
(d) Assault and battery.
12. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
(c) Community hall.
(d) Security office.
13. What did White Buffalo Woman bring to the Sioux?
(a) Healing roots.
(c) Sacred pipe.
14. What does Mary name her baby?
(c) Annie Mae.
15. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
(a) Buddy Lamont.
(b) Frank Clearwater.
(c) Morning Star.
(d) Dennis Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
2. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
3. How old are Mary and Leonard in the Epilogue?
4. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
5. Who says, "I am the last genuine aborigine left"?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)