|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Beck and McClosky?
(a) Two drunk men who charge Crow Dog with assault.
(b) Federal officers.
(c) AIM leaders.
2. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
(a) Nova Scotia.
3. Where is Leonard Peltier from?
(a) Pine Ridge.
(b) Fort Totten.
4. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
(a) Vernona Kills Right.
(b) Annie Mae Aquash.
(c) Josette Wawasik.
(d) Ellen Moves Camp.
5. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Head of security.
(c) Ammunitions officer.
(d) First chief engineer.
6. Where do Leonard and Mary meet?
(a) Wounded Knee.
(b) Sun Dance.
(c) Rapid City protest.
(d) Rosebud Fair and Rodeo.
7. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
(a) Being raped.
(b) The threat of a lobotomy.
(c) The burning of his parents' house.
(d) His hair being cut.
8. Who is the intercessor at Mary's first Sun Dance?
(a) Uncle Bill Eagle Feathers.
(b) Wallace Black Elk.
(c) Henry Crow Dog.
9. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
(a) Two o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Nine in the morning.
10. In Chapter Sixteen, what are the names of Leonard's daughters?
(a) Janie and Norma.
(b) Ina and Bernadette.
(c) Ellen and Anna.
(d) Maria and Wanda.
11. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
(a) The Wounded Knee monument.
(b) The tribal building.
(c) The museum.
(d) The school.
12. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
(a) Seventy-one days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Eleven days.
(d) Seven weeks.
13. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) Buffalo Calf Pipe.
(b) First tool.
(c) Sacred Pipestone.
14. What incident leads to Mary leaving a week before the siege ends?
(a) Problems with childbirth.
(b) Forced to leave by AIM leaders.
(c) Her uncle was killed.
(d) Baby's health problems.
15. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
2. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
3. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
4. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
5. What does the author compare the scene of September 5 to?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)