|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Leonard Peltier from?
(a) Fort Totten.
(b) Pine Ridge.
2. What are Leonard's sons called?
(a) Leonard and Mike.
(b) Bobby and Jack.
(c) Richard and Steve.
(d) Richard and Quanah.
3. What does the author compare the scene of September 5 to?
(a) Wounded Knee Massacre.
(b) Vietcong village overrun by 185 Rambos.
(c) Soldiers advancing on Indians long ago.
(d) The Watts riots.
4. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) Green cedar.
5. What term does Mary address Leonard with before their marriage?
6. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Big Foot.
(d) Kicking Bear.
7. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
(a) Waist high cottonwood stick.
(b) Sweet grass.
(c) Sacred pipe.
8. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Ten years old.
9. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
(a) Jeans and denim shirts.
(c) Light blue Day-Glo jumpsuits.
(d) All black outfits.
10. What does Bobby Leader Charge dance for in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) For his brother's release from jail.
(b) For the death of his friend.
(c) For the release of Leonard Peltier.
(d) For his sick father.
11. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
(a) Baked beans out of a can.
12. Whose chest is described as a battleground of scars?
(a) John Lame Deer.
(b) Wallace Black Elk.
13. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
(a) Seventy-one days.
(b) Eleven days.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) Two months.
14. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
(a) Upside down American flags.
(b) Buffalo robes.
(c) Deer skin.
15. Who says, "I am the last genuine aborigine left"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Wallace Black Elk.
(c) Henry Crow Dog.
(d) Uncle Bill Eagle Feathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
2. What does Leonard say helps him be a better psychiatrist than the ones he sees?
3. Who says, "Moral power is always more dangerous to an oppressor than political force"?
4. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
5. What does Mary name her baby?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)