|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
(a) Jake Aquash.
(b) Jake Maloney.
(c) Nogeeshik Aquash.
(d) Russell Means.
2. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
(a) Welcome home.
(b) He who brought the pipe to the people.
(c) He who taught the people to live.
(d) My voice you shall hear.
3. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
(a) The burning of his parents' house.
(b) The threat of a lobotomy.
(c) His hair being cut.
(d) Being raped.
4. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
(a) Unlawful use of peyote.
(b) Rapid City riots.
(c) Wounded Knee occupation.
(d) Assault and battery.
5. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
(b) Buffalo robes.
(c) Upside down American flags.
(d) Deer skin.
6. What color is Mary's new home painted?
7. What is the name of Leonard Crow Dog's favorite horse?
(a) Spirit Wind.
(c) Big Red.
(d) Flying Eagle.
8. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
(a) Two months.
(b) Seven weeks.
(c) Seventy-one days.
(d) Eleven days.
9. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
(a) David Amram.
(b) Jeffe Kimball.
(c) Dick Gregory.
(d) David Baxter.
10. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
(a) Chief Joseph.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(d) Sitting Bull.
11. Who tells Mary that she is the water and the corn?
(b) Her New York friends.
(d) Her in-laws.
12. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
(a) By sending a sacred pipe and tobacco to a medicine man.
(b) By giving offerings to Mother Earth.
(c) By asking in a sweat lodge.
(d) By asking at Sun Dance.
13. Who is the intercessor at Mary's first Sun Dance?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(b) Uncle Bill Eagle Feathers.
(d) Henry Crow Dog.
14. Who are Beck and McClosky?
(a) Federal officers.
(b) AIM leaders.
(c) Two drunk men who charge Crow Dog with assault.
15. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
(a) Byron De Sersa.
(b) Jancita Eagle Deer.
(c) Buddy Lamont.
(d) Pedro Bissonette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
2. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
3. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
4. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
5. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)