|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
(a) Mount Rushmore.
(b) Crow Dog land.
(c) Rapid City.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. What causes Leonard to break down the first time while in prison?
(a) His hair being cut.
(b) Being raped.
(c) The threat of a lobotomy.
(d) The burning of his parents' house.
3. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
(a) The tribal building.
(b) The school.
(c) The museum.
(d) The Wounded Knee monument.
4. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Leonard Peltier.
(d) Dennis Banks.
5. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
(a) Wounded Knee occupation.
(b) Unlawful use of peyote.
(c) Rapid City riots.
(d) Assault and battery.
6. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
(a) Big Foot.
(b) Spotted Elk.
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) Sitting Bull.
7. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
(a) David Baxter.
(b) Jeffe Kimball.
(c) Dick Gregory.
(d) David Amram.
8. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
(a) Annie Mae.
(c) Bessie Good Road.
9. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
(d) Baked beans out of a can.
10. Where is Barbara living in Chapter Sixteen?
(c) St. Francis.
(d) Rapid City.
11. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) December, 1975.
(b) January, 1976.
(c) October, 1975.
(d) November, 1975.
12. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
(a) By asking at Sun Dance.
(b) By giving offerings to Mother Earth.
(c) By sending a sacred pipe and tobacco to a medicine man.
(d) By asking in a sweat lodge.
13. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
(a) Sun Dance.
(b) Healing ceremony.
(c) Ghost Dance.
(d) Yuwipi ceremony.
14. What is the name of Leonard Crow Dog's favorite horse?
(b) Big Red.
(c) Flying Eagle.
(d) Spirit Wind.
15. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
(a) Bill Kunstler.
(b) Richard Erdoes and his wife, Jean.
(c) Sandy Rosen.
(d) Ken Tilsen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonard do with $4000 he receives in residuals in Chapter Twelve?
2. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
3. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
4. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
5. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)