|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
(a) Frank Fools Crow.
(b) Annie Mae.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
2. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
(b) Bessie Good Road.
(c) Annie Mae.
3. What year does Mary move in with Leonard?
4. What do the FBI shoot and kill when they raid the Crow Dogs?
(a) Leonard's horse.
(b) Leonard's ceremonial hut.
(c) Leonard's dog.
(d) Leonard's nephew.
5. What color is Mary's new home painted?
6. What did White Buffalo Woman bring to the Sioux?
(b) Healing roots.
(c) Sacred pipe.
7. Where do Leonard and Mary meet?
(a) Rosebud Fair and Rodeo.
(b) Sun Dance.
(c) Wounded Knee.
(d) Rapid City protest.
8. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
9. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
(a) Merle Left Hand Bull.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Dennis Banks.
10. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
(a) Frank Clearwater.
(b) Morning Star.
(c) Buddy Lamont.
(d) Dennis Wilson.
11. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
(a) Annie Mae Aquash.
(b) Leona Crow Dog.
(c) Barbara Brave Bird.
(d) Cheryl Petite.
12. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
(a) Sun Dance.
(b) Ghost Dance.
(c) Sweat Bath.
13. Who says, "You got to look at things with the eye in your heart"?
(a) Lame Deer.
(b) Leonard Peltier.
(d) Annie Mae.
14. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
(b) Chief Joseph.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Crazy Horse.
15. What does Leonard call his bible that he needed to have in prison?
(c) Sweet grass.
(d) His pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
2. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
3. What is made of a buffalo legbone in Chapter Sixteen?
4. Who is the intercessor at Mary's first Sun Dance?
5. Who says, "I am the last genuine aborigine left"?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)