|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Crow Dog family join in 1918 or 1920?
(a) Rosebud Reservation.
(b) Native American church.
(c) Medicine men.
(d) Indian rights movement.
2. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) Five or six.
(b) One or two.
(c) A teenager.
(d) Nine or ten.
3. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
(a) Barbara Brave Bird.
(b) Russ Fools Bull.
(c) Wesley Bad Heart Bull.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
4. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
5. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Two million.
(b) Three million.
(c) Three hundred thousand.
(d) Eight hundred thousand.
6. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
(b) Taking drugs.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Stealing cars.
7. Where is the Sioux peyote garden located?
(c) Black Hills.
(d) Southern Mexico.
8. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
(c) Rapid City.
9. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer died for your sins.
(b) Custer was Sioux'd.
(c) Red Power.
(d) Custer had it coming.
10. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(b) St. Francis.
(d) St. Xavier.
11. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(a) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
12. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
13. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
(a) The Kit Foxes.
(b) The Strong Hearts.
(c) The Badgers.
(d) The Dog Soliders.
14. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
(a) Sweet grass.
15. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
2. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
3. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
4. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
5. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)