|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
2. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Northern and Southern.
(b) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(c) Lakota and Dakota.
(d) Reservation and non-reservation.
3. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
4. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
(b) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(c) A Native American Congressman.
(d) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
5. Who is Wise?
(a) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(b) A reservation friend.
(c) One of the students at the boarding school.
(d) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
6. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(d) They don't have tea.
7. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) Elderly and children.
(c) Those living in poverty.
(d) People from Pine Ridge.
8. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Puget Sound Cafe.
(b) A name isn't given.
(c) Pike Place bar.
(d) Tugboat Cafe.
9. What does AIM stand for?
(a) Association of Indian Moral.
(b) American Indian Movement.
(c) American Indian Mothers.
(d) Taking a true AIM against the white society.
10. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
11. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
(a) The Kit Foxes.
(b) The Badgers.
(c) The Strong Hearts.
(d) The Dog Soliders.
12. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
(a) Stealing cars.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Taking drugs.
13. What is Cankpe Opi Wakpala?
(a) A siege.
(b) A warrior society.
(c) Wounded Knee creek.
(d) Spiritual medicine.
14. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
15. How many kids are in Mary's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
2. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
3. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
4. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
5. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)