|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(b) Ghost Dance song.
(c) Hopi song.
(d) Cheyenne proverb.
2. What is Cankpe Opi Wakpala?
(a) Spiritual medicine.
(b) Wounded Knee creek.
(c) A warrior society.
(d) A siege.
3. What does AIM stand for?
(a) American Indian Movement.
(b) American Indian Mothers.
(c) Association of Indian Moral.
(d) Taking a true AIM against the white society.
4. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
5. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) Indian Reorganization Act.
(b) Indian Civil Rights Act.
(c) Dawes Act.
(d) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
6. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(c) Three times.
7. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
8. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Pike Place bar.
(b) Tugboat Cafe.
(c) A name isn't given.
(d) Puget Sound Cafe.
9. What is an iyeska?
(a) Someone who is both white and Native American.
(b) A teenager.
(c) A Native American woman.
(d) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
10. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(a) Rapid City.
(b) Kansas City.
11. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(a) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
12. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Dick Fool Bull.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Mary Brave Bird.
13. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
(a) Bill Kunstler, a lawyer.
(b) Angela Davis, a revolutionary.
(c) Lizzy Fast Horse, a grandmother.
(d) Dennis Banks, an AIM leader.
14. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Redneck towns.
(b) Fun towns.
(c) Rez towns.
(d) Drunk towns.
15. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
(b) Anna Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
2. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
3. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
4. Who is Ira Hayes?
5. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)