Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
(a) Dick Fool Bull.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Mary Brave Bird.
2. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(b) Deer meat.
(d) Turtle stew.
3. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer was Sioux'd.
(b) Red Power.
(c) Custer died for your sins.
(d) Custer had it coming.
4. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They die in infancy.
(b) They catch TB and die.
(c) They are jailed.
(d) They are killed by soldiers.
5. How many kids are in Mary's family?
6. What is an iyeska?
(a) Someone who is both white and Native American.
(b) A Native American woman.
(c) A teenager.
(d) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
7. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She talked back to a nun.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(d) She held hands with a boy.
8. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Sister and acquaintance.
(b) Cousin and friend.
(c) Mother and aunt.
(d) Best friend and sister-in law.
9. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
10. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Spiritual rights.
(b) Political rights.
(c) Economic rights.
(d) Legal rights.
11. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Grandpa Moore.
(b) Crow Dogs.
(c) Her great aunt Mary.
(d) School friends raised traditionally.
12. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(c) Extended family group.
(d) Ghost Dancing.
13. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Eight hundred thousand.
(b) Three million.
(c) Three hundred thousand.
(d) Two million.
14. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) Elderly and children.
(b) People from Pine Ridge.
(c) Those living in poverty.
15. What year is AIM born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
2. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
3. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
4. Who is Ira Hayes?
5. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)