|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Wounded Knee.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Washington State.
(d) Capital of South Dakota.
2. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Grandpa Moore.
(b) School friends raised traditionally.
(c) Crow Dogs.
(d) Her great aunt Mary.
3. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(b) Current events non-fiction.
(c) Historical fiction.
4. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) 90 years.
(b) 95 years.
(c) A century.
(d) 101 years.
5. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
(c) Sweet grass.
6. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer was Sioux'd.
(b) Custer had it coming.
(c) Custer died for your sins.
(d) Red Power.
7. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(b) Three times.
8. What American city does AIM begin in?
(a) St. Paul.
(d) San Francisco.
9. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She held hands with a boy.
(b) She talked back to a nun.
(c) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(d) She ran away.
10. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
(a) Jane Fonda.
(b) Marlon Brando.
(c) Dustin Hoffman.
(d) Rip Torn.
11. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
(a) Russ Fools Bull.
(b) Barbara Brave Bird.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Wesley Bad Heart Bull.
12. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
(a) Sun Dance.
(d) Vision quests.
13. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
(a) A middle-aged Ojibway woman.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) A 14-year-old Sioux boy.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
14. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Drunk towns.
(b) Rez towns.
(c) Fun towns.
(d) Redneck towns.
15. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an iyeska?
2. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
4. What tribe does Mary belong to?
5. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)