Short Answer Questions Key
1. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
2. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
3. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
Mary Brave Bird.
4. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
The Second Wounded Knee.
5. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
Best friend and sister-in law.
This section contains 3,798 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)