|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
2. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
(a) Sun Dance.
(b) Marriage to Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Ghost Dance.
(d) Wounded Knee siege.
3. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
4. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
(a) Vernona Kills Right.
(b) Josette Wawasik.
(c) Ellen Moves Camp.
(d) Annie Mae Aquash.
5. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(c) White men.
(d) Loss of spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Leonard Peltier from?
2. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
3. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
4. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
5. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)