|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonard say helps him be a better psychiatrist than the ones he sees?
(a) Pipe and tobacco.
(b) Sioux religion.
(c) His songs.
(d) Grandfather Peyote.
2. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
(a) Russell Means.
(c) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
3. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
(a) Barbara Brave Bird.
(b) Leona Crow Dog.
(c) Annie Mae Aquash.
(d) Cheryl Petite.
4. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
(b) Sweet grass.
5. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Ammunitions officer.
(c) Head of security.
(d) First chief engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
2. Who is the intercessor at Mary's first Sun Dance?
3. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
4. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
5. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)