|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
(d) Rapid City.
2. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
3. What does Mary name her baby?
(d) Annie Mae.
4. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) Getting into a fight with her mother.
(b) By carrying a heavy pan while working in the kitchen.
(c) Being in a car accident.
(d) Not being able to get to the hospital on time.
5. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Crow Dogs.
(b) The Horn Bears.
(c) The Fool Bulls.
(d) The Brave Bulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
2. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
3. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
4. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
5. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)