|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby Leader Charge dance for in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) For his sick father.
(b) For the release of Leonard Peltier.
(c) For his brother's release from jail.
(d) For the death of his friend.
2. Who is Ptesan Win?
(a) Grandmother Earth.
(b) A medicine woman.
(c) White Buffalo Woman.
(d) Grandfather Spirit.
3. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
4. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
(a) Sun Dance.
(b) Ghost Dance.
(c) Marriage to Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Wounded Knee siege.
5. Who tells Mary that she is the water and the corn?
(c) Her in-laws.
(d) Her New York friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
2. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
3. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
4. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
5. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)