|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) March on Washington.
(b) Pan American Pow Wow.
(c) Trail of Broken Treaties.
(d) Takeover at Alcatraz.
2. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
(a) Jancita Eagle Deer.
(b) Pedro Bissonette.
(c) Byron De Sersa.
(d) Buddy Lamont.
3. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) Nine in the morning.
(c) Two o'clock.
4. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
5. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Participating in Sun Dance.
(c) The Second Wounded Knee.
(d) Her grandfather's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Osage artist who supports Leonard Crow Dog being released?
2. How many children does Mary bear Leonard?
3. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
4. What year is AIM born?
5. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)