|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an iyeska?
(a) Someone who is both white and Native American.
(b) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
(c) A Native American woman.
(d) A teenager.
2. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
(a) Nogeeshik Aquash.
(b) Jake Aquash.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Jake Maloney.
3. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
(a) Sweat Bath.
(c) Sun Dance.
(d) Ghost Dance.
4. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(d) They don't have tea.
5. What does Mary name her baby?
(a) Annie Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
2. What does the author compare the scene of September 5 to?
3. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
4. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
5. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)