|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Mary that she is the water and the corn?
(a) Her New York friends.
(d) Her in-laws.
2. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(b) Oral surgery.
3. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) November, 1975.
(b) October, 1975.
(c) December, 1975.
(d) January, 1976.
4. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) Being in a car accident.
(b) By carrying a heavy pan while working in the kitchen.
(c) Not being able to get to the hospital on time.
(d) Getting into a fight with her mother.
5. What did White Buffalo Woman bring to the Sioux?
(a) Healing roots.
(d) Sacred pipe.
Short Answer Questions
1. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
2. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
3. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
4. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
5. Who says, "I am the last genuine aborigine left"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)