|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Sixteen, what are the names of Leonard's daughters?
(a) Ellen and Anna.
(b) Ina and Bernadette.
(c) Janie and Norma.
(d) Maria and Wanda.
2. Who is Ptesan Win?
(a) Grandfather Spirit.
(b) Grandmother Earth.
(c) White Buffalo Woman.
(d) A medicine woman.
3. In Leonard Crow Dog's trial in South Dakota, he predicts he will be found guilty at what time?
(b) Two o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Nine in the morning.
4. What does "Ho Uway Tinkte" mean?
(a) He who taught the people to live.
(b) My voice you shall hear.
(c) Welcome home.
(d) He who brought the pipe to the people.
5. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Stealing cars.
(d) Taking drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author compare the scene of September 5 to?
2. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
3. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
4. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
5. Where do Leonard and Mary meet?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)