|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Nurse training.
(b) Business school training.
(c) Teacher training.
(d) Government worker training.
2. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
(a) Dennis Banks.
(b) Wallace Black Elk.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Merle Left Hand Bull.
3. What incident leads to Mary leaving a week before the siege ends?
(a) Problems with childbirth.
(b) Her uncle was killed.
(c) Forced to leave by AIM leaders.
(d) Baby's health problems.
4. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
5. What does Leonard do with $4000 he receives in residuals in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Holds a giveaway feast.
(b) Gives it to his parents.
(c) Buys a truck.
(d) Puts a bathroom in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
2. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
3. What do the dancers at Sun Dance dance around?
4. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
5. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)