|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer died for your sins.
(b) Custer had it coming.
(c) Custer was Sioux'd.
(d) Red Power.
2. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
(a) Leonard Peltier.
(b) Dennis Banks.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Annie Mae Aquash.
3. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Colonel Chivington.
(c) Major McDougall.
(d) General Custer.
4. On what date does Mary give birth?
(a) April 9.
(b) April 11.
(c) April 16.
(d) April 6.
5. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) By carrying a heavy pan while working in the kitchen.
(b) Being in a car accident.
(c) Getting into a fight with her mother.
(d) Not being able to get to the hospital on time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American city does AIM begin in?
2. What did White Buffalo Woman bring to the Sioux?
3. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
4. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
5. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)