|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) One or two.
(b) Five or six.
(c) A teenager.
(d) Nine or ten.
2. What year is AIM born?
3. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's a truce symbol.
(b) It's a message of anger.
(c) It's a distress call.
(d) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
4. What does the Crow Dog family join in 1918 or 1920?
(a) Rosebud Reservation.
(b) Indian rights movement.
(c) Native American church.
(d) Medicine men.
5. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
(a) Dennis Albert.
(b) Graham Brave Bull.
(c) Dick Wilson.
(d) Albert Ellis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe does the late Native American activist, Richard Oakes, belong to?
2. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
3. Chapter Two begins with what?
4. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
5. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)