|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) A beaded pouch around the neck.
(b) In their pocket.
(c) In a place of honor in the home.
(d) The heads of households had no ration cards.
2. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) A Native American Congressman.
(b) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(c) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
3. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(a) Mission school.
4. What does the Crow Dog family join in 1918 or 1920?
(a) Medicine men.
(b) Native American church.
(c) Indian rights movement.
(d) Rosebud Reservation.
5. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
2. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
3. Who says, "You got to look at things with the eye in your heart"?
4. How many years is Leonard Crow Dog initially sentenced to?
5. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)