|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
(a) Annie Mae Aquash.
(b) Barbara Brave Bird.
(c) Cheryl Petite.
(d) Leona Crow Dog.
2. Who are Beck and McClosky?
(a) AIM leaders.
(b) Two drunk men who charge Crow Dog with assault.
(d) Federal officers.
3. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Puget Sound Cafe.
(b) Tugboat Cafe.
(c) A name isn't given.
(d) Pike Place bar.
4. Where is Leonard Peltier from?
(a) Fort Totten.
(b) Pine Ridge.
5. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) Leaving the reservation.
(b) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(c) White racism.
(d) Coming to the reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
2. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
3. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
4. Who tells Mary that she is the water and the corn?
5. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)