|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) Indian Civil Rights Act.
(b) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
(c) Dawes Act.
(d) Indian Reorganization Act.
2. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
(a) Annie Mae.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Frank Fools Crow.
(d) Dennis Banks.
3. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
4. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Washington State.
(b) Capital of South Dakota.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Wounded Knee.
5. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Mother and aunt.
(b) Sister and acquaintance.
(c) Cousin and friend.
(d) Best friend and sister-in law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
2. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
3. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
4. What does AIM stand for?
5. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)