|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a winkte?
(a) A midwife.
(b) A medicine woman.
(c) A ceremony.
(d) A gay person.
2. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) Elderly and children.
(b) Those living in poverty.
(c) People from Pine Ridge.
3. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
4. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) Getting into a fight with her mother.
(b) By carrying a heavy pan while working in the kitchen.
(c) Not being able to get to the hospital on time.
(d) Being in a car accident.
5. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
(a) The Kit Foxes.
(b) The Badgers.
(c) The Strong Hearts.
(d) The Dog Soliders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American city does AIM begin in?
2. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
3. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
4. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
5. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)