|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonard do with $4000 he receives in residuals in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Holds a giveaway feast.
(b) Gives it to his parents.
(c) Buys a truck.
(d) Puts a bathroom in the house.
2. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
3. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
(a) Light blue Day-Glo jumpsuits.
(b) All black outfits.
(d) Jeans and denim shirts.
4. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) Being in a car accident.
(b) Getting into a fight with her mother.
(c) Not being able to get to the hospital on time.
(d) By carrying a heavy pan while working in the kitchen.
5. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Hopi song.
(b) Cheyenne proverb.
(c) Ghost Dance song.
(d) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
2. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
3. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
4. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
5. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)