|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
2. What are winter counts?
(a) A record of buffalo killed.
(b) A list of people who die.
(c) Pictures on buffalo skin that tell stories.
(d) The number of people living in a place in a specific winter.
3. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
(a) Wounded Knee.
(b) St. Francis.
4. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
(a) Marlon Brando.
(b) Dustin Hoffman.
(c) Rip Torn.
(d) Jane Fonda.
5. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
(a) Dick Fool Bull.
(b) Grandpa Moore..
(c) Charlie Little Dog.
(d) Elsie Flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "A new world is coming"?
2. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
3. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
4. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
5. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)