|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
(a) Leona Crow Dog.
(b) Cheryl Petite.
(c) Barbara Brave Bird.
(d) Annie Mae Aquash.
2. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
(a) Leonard Peltier.
(b) Dennis Banks.
(c) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Russell Means.
3. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
(a) Crow Dog land.
(b) Rapid City.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Mount Rushmore.
4. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
5. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota saloons.
(b) South Dakota department stores.
(c) South Dakota bus stations.
(d) South Dakota government buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
2. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
3. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
4. Where do Leonard and Mary meet?
5. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)