|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Wallace Black Elk.
2. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Economic rights.
(b) Spiritual rights.
(c) Political rights.
(d) Legal rights.
3. What American city does AIM begin in?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) St. Paul.
4. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
(a) Dustin Hoffman.
(b) Jane Fonda.
(c) Marlon Brando.
(d) Rip Torn.
5. Where is the Sioux peyote garden located?
(c) Southern Mexico.
(d) Black Hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Mary?
2. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
3. Who is Ira Hayes?
4. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
5. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)