|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
(b) Asian food while in New York.
(c) An imitation Persian rug.
2. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
(a) Because of fear of white medicine.
(b) Because she was afraid the baby would be taken from her.
(c) Because of the large number of forced sterilizations.
(d) Because Barbara's baby died after two hours.
3. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
(a) A bear.
(b) The Sun.
(c) A beautiful tepee.
(d) A blanket.
4. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) One of the nuns.
(b) A boy at the school.
(c) A new English teacher/priest.
(d) A girl in her dorm at school.
5. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Political rights.
(b) Legal rights.
(c) Economic rights.
(d) Spiritual rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
2. On what date does Mary give birth?
3. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
4. What are winter counts?
5. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)