|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are winter counts?
(a) Pictures on buffalo skin that tell stories.
(b) The number of people living in a place in a specific winter.
(c) A record of buffalo killed.
(d) A list of people who die.
2. How tall is Mary?
(a) Over five foot, six inches.
(b) Not much over five feet tall.
(c) Under five feet.
(d) Five and a half feet.
3. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Economic rights.
(b) Spiritual rights.
(c) Political rights.
(d) Legal rights.
4. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
(a) Reservation day school.
(b) Public school.
(c) St. Francis Boarding School.
(d) An out-of-state boarding school.
5. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
2. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
3. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
4. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
5. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)