|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(b) Truck driver.
(c) Grandpa Moore has no job.
(d) Tribal policeman.
2. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota saloons.
(b) South Dakota department stores.
(c) South Dakota bus stations.
(d) South Dakota government buildings.
3. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(d) They don't have tea.
4. How many kids are in Mary's family?
5. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Crow Dog land.
(c) Rapid City.
(d) Mount Rushmore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
2. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
3. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
4. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
5. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)