|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American city does AIM begin in?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) St. Paul.
2. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(d) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
3. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota department stores.
(b) South Dakota saloons.
(c) South Dakota government buildings.
(d) South Dakota bus stations.
4. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Reservation and non-reservation.
(c) Lakota and Dakota.
(d) Northern and Southern.
5. What term does Mary address Leonard with before their marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an iyeska?
2. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
3. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
4. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
5. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)