|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Northern and Southern.
(b) Lakota and Dakota.
(c) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(d) Reservation and non-reservation.
2. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
3. What is an iyeska?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A Native American woman.
(c) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
(d) Someone who is both white and Native American.
4. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(b) Three times.
5. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
(a) Because of the large number of forced sterilizations.
(b) Because Barbara's baby died after two hours.
(c) Because she was afraid the baby would be taken from her.
(d) Because of fear of white medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
2. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
3. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
4. What color is Mary's new home painted?
5. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)