|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They are killed by soldiers.
(b) They catch TB and die.
(c) They are jailed.
(d) They die in infancy.
2. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(b) Cheyenne proverb.
(c) Ghost Dance song.
(d) Hopi song.
3. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) In a place of honor in the home.
(b) In their pocket.
(c) The heads of households had no ration cards.
(d) A beaded pouch around the neck.
4. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
(a) Jake Maloney.
(b) Jake Aquash.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Nogeeshik Aquash.
5. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(a) Truck driver.
(b) Tribal policeman.
(d) Grandpa Moore has no job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
2. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
3. What is the "Red Panther"?
4. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
5. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)