|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
(a) Sweet grass.
(c) Waist high cottonwood stick.
(d) Sacred pipe.
2. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Economic rights.
(b) Legal rights.
(c) Spiritual rights.
(d) Political rights.
3. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
(a) Nogeeshik Aquash.
(b) Jake Maloney.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Jake Aquash.
4. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) A new English teacher/priest.
(b) A girl in her dorm at school.
(c) A boy at the school.
(d) One of the nuns.
5. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
(a) Dustin Hoffman.
(b) Rip Torn.
(c) Jane Fonda.
(d) Marlon Brando.
Short Answer Questions
1. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
2. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
3. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
4. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
5. Who is Ira Hayes?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)