|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota bus stations.
(b) South Dakota government buildings.
(c) South Dakota saloons.
(d) South Dakota department stores.
2. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(b) St. Francis.
(c) St. Xavier.
3. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(b) Three times.
4. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
(a) Annie Mae.
(d) Bessie Good Road.
5. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
(a) Medicine man.
(b) Ammunitions officer.
(c) Head of security.
(d) First chief engineer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
2. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
3. What tribe does Mary belong to?
4. What is an iyeska?
5. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)