|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
(a) Dennis Banks.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
2. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Colonel Chivington.
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) Major McDougall.
3. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) Leaving the reservation.
(b) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(c) White racism.
(d) Coming to the reservation.
4. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
(a) Wesley Bad Heart Bull.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Russ Fools Bull.
(d) Barbara Brave Bird.
5. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(b) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
2. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
3. Who is Ira Hayes?
4. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
5. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)