|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Best friend and sister-in law.
(b) Sister and acquaintance.
(c) Mother and aunt.
(d) Cousin and friend.
2. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(b) Leonard Peltier.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Dennis Banks.
3. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
(a) Ghost Dance.
(b) Sun Dance.
(c) Sweat Bath.
4. What is the "Red Panther"?
(a) A group of students at the boarding school.
(b) A Native American protest group.
(c) A book.
(d) A student newspaper that the author was involved in.
5. What are winter counts?
(a) Pictures on buffalo skin that tell stories.
(b) The number of people living in a place in a specific winter.
(c) A record of buffalo killed.
(d) A list of people who die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
2. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
3. What does AIM stand for?
4. What term does Mary address Leonard with before their marriage?
5. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)