|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
(c) Nova Scotia.
2. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
3. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
4. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(c) They don't have tea.
5. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(a) Loss of spirituality.
(b) White men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You got to look at things with the eye in your heart"?
2. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
3. What does Leonard do with $4000 he receives in residuals in Chapter Twelve?
4. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
5. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)