|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
(a) Because of fear of white medicine.
(b) Because of the large number of forced sterilizations.
(c) Because Barbara's baby died after two hours.
(d) Because she was afraid the baby would be taken from her.
2. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
(a) Ellen Moves Camp.
(b) Annie Mae Aquash.
(c) Josette Wawasik.
(d) Vernona Kills Right.
3. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer died for your sins.
(b) Red Power.
(c) Custer was Sioux'd.
(d) Custer had it coming.
4. What does Leonard do with $4000 he receives in residuals in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Puts a bathroom in the house.
(b) Buys a truck.
(c) Holds a giveaway feast.
(d) Gives it to his parents.
5. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(d) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
2. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
3. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
4. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
5. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)