|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) People from Pine Ridge.
(c) Those living in poverty.
(d) Elderly and children.
2. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
(c) Security office.
(d) Community hall.
3. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(a) They don't have tea.
4. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
(c) Sweet grass.
5. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) March on Washington.
(b) Trail of Broken Treaties.
(c) Takeover at Alcatraz.
(d) Pan American Pow Wow.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
2. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
3. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
4. What is Cankpe Opi Wakpala?
5. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)