|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Mary?
(a) Five and a half feet.
(b) Not much over five feet tall.
(c) Over five foot, six inches.
(d) Under five feet.
2. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They catch TB and die.
(b) They die in infancy.
(c) They are jailed.
(d) They are killed by soldiers.
3. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) The Trail of Tears.
(b) The first Wounded Knee.
(c) Mary's birth.
(d) Little Big Horn.
4. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Stealing cars.
(d) Taking drugs.
5. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
(a) Mary's mother.
(d) Annie Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
2. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
3. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
4. Chapter Two begins with what?
5. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)