|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
(a) Vernona Kills Right.
(b) Annie Mae Aquash.
(c) Josette Wawasik.
(d) Ellen Moves Camp.
2. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) The Lakota.
(b) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(c) South Dakota Public Schools.
(d) The BIA.
3. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(b) Deer meat.
(c) Turtle stew.
4. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Ghost Dance song.
(b) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(c) Cheyenne proverb.
(d) Hopi song.
5. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
(a) Because of the large number of forced sterilizations.
(b) Because Barbara's baby died after two hours.
(c) Because of fear of white medicine.
(d) Because she was afraid the baby would be taken from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Mary?
2. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
3. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
4. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
5. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)