|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
2. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Rosebud and Navajo.
(c) Navajo and Hopi.
(d) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
3. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
4. What year is AIM born?
5. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Pan American Pow Wow.
(b) Takeover at Alcatraz.
(c) March on Washington.
(d) Trail of Broken Treaties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
2. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
3. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
4. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
5. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)