|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
(b) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
(c) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
(d) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
2. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
(a) Merle Left Hand Bull.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Frank Clearwater.
3. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
(b) Sweet grass.
4. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Stealing cars.
(d) Taking drugs.
5. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Three million.
(b) Eight hundred thousand.
(c) Three hundred thousand.
(d) Two million.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
2. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
3. What year is AIM born?
4. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
5. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)