|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) Indian Civil Rights Act.
(b) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
(c) Dawes Act.
(d) Indian Reorganization Act.
2. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
3. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
(b) An imitation Persian rug.
(d) Asian food while in New York.
4. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
(a) Sweet grass.
5. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's a distress call.
(b) It's a truce symbol.
(c) It's a message of anger.
(d) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
2. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
3. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
4. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
5. Who gives Mary's baby an Indian name?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)