|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Her grandfather's death.
(c) The Second Wounded Knee.
(d) Participating in Sun Dance.
2. What is the "Red Panther"?
(a) A Native American protest group.
(b) A group of students at the boarding school.
(c) A book.
(d) A student newspaper that the author was involved in.
3. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Major McDougall.
(b) Colonel Chivington.
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) General Custer.
4. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(b) Oral surgery.
5. What tribe does the late Native American activist, Richard Oakes, belong to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
2. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
3. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
4. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
5. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)