|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
(c) An imitation Persian rug.
(d) Asian food while in New York.
2. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Barbara Brave Bird.
(b) Mary Brave Bird.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Mary's mother.
3. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
(a) Sacred pipe.
(b) Waist high cottonwood stick.
(d) Sweet grass.
4. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
5. What American city does AIM begin in?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
2. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
3. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
4. Who is Wise?
5. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)