|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Political rights.
(b) Legal rights.
(c) Spiritual rights.
(d) Economic rights.
2. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
(a) Annie Mae.
(b) Mary's mother.
3. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Hopi song.
(b) Ghost Dance song.
(c) Cheyenne proverb.
(d) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
4. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never to talk to a white person.
(b) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(c) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(d) Never tell a lie.
5. What incident leads to Mary leaving a week before the siege ends?
(a) Problems with childbirth.
(b) Forced to leave by AIM leaders.
(c) Her uncle was killed.
(d) Baby's health problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
2. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
3. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
4. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
5. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)