|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Pike Place bar.
(b) Puget Sound Cafe.
(c) A name isn't given.
(d) Tugboat Cafe.
2. On what date does Mary give birth?
(a) April 11.
(b) April 16.
(c) April 6.
(d) April 9.
3. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She talked back to a nun.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(d) She held hands with a boy.
4. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
5. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) The Trail of Tears.
(b) Mary's birth.
(c) The first Wounded Knee.
(d) Little Big Horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
2. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
3. Where do Leonard and Mary meet?
4. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
5. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)