|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) Nine or ten.
(b) Five or six.
(c) A teenager.
(d) One or two.
2. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Rapid City.
(c) Mount Rushmore.
(d) Crow Dog land.
3. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
(b) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
(c) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
(d) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
4. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
(a) Baked beans out of a can.
5. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
(a) Marlon Brando.
(b) Dustin Hoffman.
(c) Rip Torn.
(d) Jane Fonda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
2. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
3. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
4. What American city does AIM begin in?
5. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)