|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
2. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(d) Oral surgery.
3. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary's mother.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Barbara Brave Bird.
(d) Mary Brave Bird.
4. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
(a) An imitation Persian rug.
(c) Asian food while in New York.
5. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(b) Tribal policeman.
(c) Grandpa Moore has no job.
(d) Truck driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
2. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
3. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
4. What term does Mary address Leonard with before their marriage?
5. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)