|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary Brave Bird.
(b) Barbara Brave Bird.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Mary's mother.
2. Who is Wise?
(a) One of the students at the boarding school.
(b) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(c) A reservation friend.
(d) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
3. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(b) Deer meat.
(d) Turtle stew.
4. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(b) She talked back to a nun.
(c) She held hands with a boy.
(d) She ran away.
5. How tall is Mary?
(a) Five and a half feet.
(b) Over five foot, six inches.
(c) Under five feet.
(d) Not much over five feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe does Mary belong to?
2. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
3. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
4. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
5. What do many Ghost Dance dancers wrap themselves up with in the 19th century?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)