|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
(a) The tribal building.
(b) The museum.
(c) The Wounded Knee monument.
(d) The school.
2. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
(a) Annie Mae Aquash.
(b) Ellen Moves Camp.
(c) Vernona Kills Right.
(d) Josette Wawasik.
3. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Cousin and friend.
(b) Best friend and sister-in law.
(c) Sister and acquaintance.
(d) Mother and aunt.
4. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(a) Historical fiction.
(d) Current events non-fiction.
5. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Major McDougall.
(b) General Custer.
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) Colonel Chivington.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Crow Dog family join in 1918 or 1920?
2. What are winter counts?
3. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
4. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
5. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)