|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) New York.
(d) The Netherlands.
2. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
(a) The Kit Foxes.
(b) The Badgers.
(c) The Strong Hearts.
(d) The Dog Soliders.
3. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Rez towns.
(b) Redneck towns.
(c) Drunk towns.
(d) Fun towns.
4. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
(d) Anna Mae.
5. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Washington State.
(c) Capital of South Dakota.
(d) Wounded Knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
2. Who acts as chief midwife when Mary gives birth?
3. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
4. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
5. What is a winkte?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)