|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
(a) An out-of-state boarding school.
(b) Public school.
(c) Reservation day school.
(d) St. Francis Boarding School.
2. What tribe does the late Native American activist, Richard Oakes, belong to?
3. How many kids are in Mary's family?
4. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(a) Deer meat.
(d) Turtle stew.
5. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
2. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
3. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
4. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
5. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)