|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(a) Rapid City.
(d) Kansas City.
2. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) The Netherlands.
(d) New York.
3. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
(a) Because Barbara's baby died after two hours.
(b) Because of the large number of forced sterilizations.
(c) Because she was afraid the baby would be taken from her.
(d) Because of fear of white medicine.
4. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
(a) Grandpa Fool Bull.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Mary Brave Bird.
5. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
(a) Dennis Banks.
(b) Mary Brave Bird.
(c) Dick Fool Bull.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
2. What is a winkte?
3. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
4. How tall is Mary?
5. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)