|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
(a) Barbara Brave Bird.
(b) Leona Crow Dog.
(c) Cheryl Petite.
(d) Annie Mae Aquash.
2. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Kicking Bear.
(c) Big Foot.
3. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Wallace Black Elk.
(c) Merle Left Hand Bull.
(d) Dennis Banks.
4. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
(b) Wounded Knee.
(d) St. Francis.
5. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Spiritual rights.
(b) Political rights.
(c) Economic rights.
(d) Legal rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does Mary give birth?
2. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
3. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
4. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
5. What American city does AIM begin in?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)