|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(c) Rosebud and Navajo.
(d) Navajo and Hopi.
2. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
(a) An out-of-state boarding school.
(b) Reservation day school.
(c) Public school.
(d) St. Francis Boarding School.
3. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
(a) Marriage to Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Wounded Knee siege.
(c) Ghost Dance.
(d) Sun Dance.
4. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(a) Truck driver.
(c) Tribal policeman.
(d) Grandpa Moore has no job.
5. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) Big Foot.
(c) Spotted Elk.
(d) Spotted Tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
2. Where is the Sioux peyote garden located?
3. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
4. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
5. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)