|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Big Foot.
(b) Kicking Bear.
(c) Crazy Horse.
2. What is Cankpe Opi Wakpala?
(a) A warrior society.
(b) Spiritual medicine.
(c) A siege.
(d) Wounded Knee creek.
3. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She held hands with a boy.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(d) She talked back to a nun.
4. What does AIM stand for?
(a) American Indian Movement.
(b) Association of Indian Moral.
(c) Taking a true AIM against the white society.
(d) American Indian Mothers.
5. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
2. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
3. What tribe does the late Native American activist, Richard Oakes, belong to?
4. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
5. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)