|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer was Sioux'd.
(b) Red Power.
(c) Custer had it coming.
(d) Custer died for your sins.
2. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
3. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Fun towns.
(b) Redneck towns.
(c) Rez towns.
(d) Drunk towns.
4. On what date does Mary give birth?
(a) April 9.
(b) April 6.
(c) April 16.
(d) April 11.
5. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(c) Deer meat.
(d) Turtle stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
2. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
3. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
4. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
5. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)