|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Legal rights.
(b) Political rights.
(c) Spiritual rights.
(d) Economic rights.
2. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) The BIA.
(b) South Dakota Public Schools.
(c) The Lakota.
(d) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
3. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Takeover at Alcatraz.
(b) March on Washington.
(c) Trail of Broken Treaties.
(d) Pan American Pow Wow.
4. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
(c) Anna Mae.
5. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
(a) Wounded Knee siege.
(b) Ghost Dance.
(c) Sun Dance.
(d) Marriage to Leonard Crow Dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
2. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
3. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
4. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
5. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)