|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(d) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
2. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
(a) Dick Fool Bull.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Mary Brave Bird.
(d) Dennis Banks.
3. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
4. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(a) Current events non-fiction.
(c) Historical fiction.
5. What is Cankpe Opi Wakpala?
(a) Spiritual medicine.
(b) A siege.
(c) Wounded Knee creek.
(d) A warrior society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
2. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
3. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
4. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
5. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)