|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Annie Mae.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Poor Bear.
2. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Navajo and Hopi.
(b) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(c) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(d) Rosebud and Navajo.
3. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
4. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
(a) Rapid City.
5. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
2. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
3. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
5. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)