|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) Not being able to get to the hospital on time.
(b) By carrying a heavy pan while working in the kitchen.
(c) Being in a car accident.
(d) Getting into a fight with her mother.
2. How tall is Mary?
(a) Over five foot, six inches.
(b) Five and a half feet.
(c) Under five feet.
(d) Not much over five feet tall.
3. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) The heads of households had no ration cards.
(b) In a place of honor in the home.
(c) A beaded pouch around the neck.
(d) In their pocket.
4. What is an iyeska?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A Native American woman.
(c) Someone who is both white and Native American.
(d) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
5. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
(b) Asian food while in New York.
(c) An imitation Persian rug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
2. What tribe does Mary belong to?
3. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
4. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
5. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)