|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) New York.
(c) The Netherlands.
2. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(b) South Dakota Public Schools.
(c) The BIA.
(d) The Lakota.
3. How tall is Mary?
(a) Over five foot, six inches.
(b) Five and a half feet.
(c) Not much over five feet tall.
(d) Under five feet.
4. What tribe does the late Native American activist, Richard Oakes, belong to?
5. What is Cankpe Opi Wakpala?
(a) Spiritual medicine.
(b) A siege.
(c) Wounded Knee creek.
(d) A warrior society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
2. What does the Crow Dog family join in 1918 or 1920?
3. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
4. How many kids are in Mary's family?
5. What is an iyeska?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)