|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
(a) Sun Dance.
(b) Marriage to Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Wounded Knee siege.
(d) Ghost Dance.
2. How tall is Mary?
(a) Over five foot, six inches.
(b) Under five feet.
(c) Five and a half feet.
(d) Not much over five feet tall.
3. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(b) Tribal policeman.
(c) Grandpa Moore has no job.
(d) Truck driver.
4. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Rosebud and Navajo.
(b) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(c) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(d) Navajo and Hopi.
5. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
(a) Rapid City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
2. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
3. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
4. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
5. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)