|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) In a place of honor in the home.
(b) A beaded pouch around the neck.
(c) In their pocket.
(d) The heads of households had no ration cards.
2. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) A name isn't given.
(b) Tugboat Cafe.
(c) Puget Sound Cafe.
(d) Pike Place bar.
3. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(b) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
(c) A Native American Congressman.
(d) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
4. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Government worker training.
(b) Business school training.
(c) Teacher training.
(d) Nurse training.
5. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
(a) Dennis Albert.
(b) Dick Wilson.
(c) Graham Brave Bull.
(d) Albert Ellis.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
2. How many kids are in Mary's family?
3. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
4. What tribe does the late Native American activist, Richard Oakes, belong to?
5. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)