|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wise?
(a) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(b) One of the students at the boarding school.
(c) A reservation friend.
(d) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
2. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's a distress call.
(b) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
(c) It's a truce symbol.
(d) It's a message of anger.
3. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota saloons.
(b) South Dakota department stores.
(c) South Dakota government buildings.
(d) South Dakota bus stations.
4. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
(b) Vision quests.
(c) Sun Dance.
5. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
(a) The Kit Foxes.
(b) The Badgers.
(c) The Strong Hearts.
(d) The Dog Soliders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe does Mary belong to?
2. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
3. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
4. What is Cankpe Opi Wakpala?
5. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)