|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) A Native American Congressman.
(c) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(d) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
2. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
(d) Anna Mae.
3. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Spotted Tail.
(c) Major McDougall.
(d) Colonel Chivington.
4. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(b) Annie Mae.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Poor Bear.
5. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Ghost Dance song.
(b) Cheyenne proverb.
(c) Hopi song.
(d) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
2. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
3. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
4. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
5. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)