|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) Not being able to get to the hospital on time.
(b) Being in a car accident.
(c) Getting into a fight with her mother.
(d) By carrying a heavy pan while working in the kitchen.
2. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) Mary's birth.
(b) Little Big Horn.
(c) The Trail of Tears.
(d) The first Wounded Knee.
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Rosebud and Navajo.
(b) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(c) Navajo and Hopi.
(d) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
4. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
(a) Because Barbara's baby died after two hours.
(b) Because she was afraid the baby would be taken from her.
(c) Because of the large number of forced sterilizations.
(d) Because of fear of white medicine.
5. How many kids are in Mary's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is AIM born?
2. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
3. What tribe does the late Native American activist, Richard Oakes, belong to?
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
5. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)