|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) Five or six.
(b) One or two.
(c) A teenager.
(d) Nine or ten.
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(b) Extended family group.
(c) Ghost Dancing.
3. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
(a) Dick Fool Bull.
(b) Grandpa Moore..
(c) Charlie Little Dog.
(d) Elsie Flood.
4. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Nurse training.
(b) Teacher training.
(c) Business school training.
(d) Government worker training.
5. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(a) Loss of spirituality.
(c) White men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe does Mary belong to?
2. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
3. What are winter counts?
4. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
5. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)