|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Barbara Brave Bird.
(c) Mary's mother.
(d) Mary Brave Bird.
2. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
(a) Dennis Albert.
(b) Graham Brave Bull.
(c) Dick Wilson.
(d) Albert Ellis.
3. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(a) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
4. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
(a) Lizzy Fast Horse, a grandmother.
(b) Angela Davis, a revolutionary.
(c) Dennis Banks, an AIM leader.
(d) Bill Kunstler, a lawyer.
5. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) Nine or ten.
(b) A teenager.
(c) One or two.
(d) Five or six.
Short Answer Questions
1. What American city does AIM begin in?
2. What year is AIM born?
3. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
4. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
5. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)