|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Washington State.
(c) Wounded Knee.
(d) Capital of South Dakota.
2. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Three million.
(b) Eight hundred thousand.
(c) Two million.
(d) Three hundred thousand.
3. What does AIM stand for?
(a) American Indian Mothers.
(b) Taking a true AIM against the white society.
(c) American Indian Movement.
(d) Association of Indian Moral.
4. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) 90 years.
(b) 101 years.
(c) 95 years.
(d) A century.
5. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) A name isn't given.
(b) Pike Place bar.
(c) Tugboat Cafe.
(d) Puget Sound Cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
2. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
3. How many kids are in Mary's family?
4. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
5. Where is the Sioux peyote garden located?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)