|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
2. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(c) Mission school.
3. What is the "Red Panther"?
(a) A Native American protest group.
(b) A book.
(c) A group of students at the boarding school.
(d) A student newspaper that the author was involved in.
4. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(a) Oral surgery.
5. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(a) Kansas City.
(c) Rapid City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
3. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
4. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
5. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)