|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary Brave Bird.
(b) Mary's mother.
(c) Barbara Brave Bird.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
2. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Hopi song.
(b) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(c) Cheyenne proverb.
(d) Ghost Dance song.
3. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(a) Loss of spirituality.
(c) White men.
4. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
(b) Rapid City.
5. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
(b) It's a message of anger.
(c) It's a distress call.
(d) It's a truce symbol.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
2. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
3. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
4. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
5. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)