|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
(c) Rapid City.
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(b) Ghost Dancing.
(d) Extended family group.
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Navajo and Hopi.
(b) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(c) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(d) Rosebud and Navajo.
4. How many kids are in Mary's family?
5. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
(b) Asian food while in New York.
(d) An imitation Persian rug.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
2. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
3. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
4. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
5. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)