|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
2. Where is the Sioux peyote garden located?
(a) Southern Mexico.
(c) Black Hills.
3. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Capital of South Dakota.
(b) Washington State.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Wounded Knee.
4. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Mary Brave Bird.
(c) Dick Fool Bull.
(d) Dennis Banks.
5. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota bus stations.
(b) South Dakota saloons.
(c) South Dakota government buildings.
(d) South Dakota department stores.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
2. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
3. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
4. What does the Crow Dog family join in 1918 or 1920?
5. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)