|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Political rights.
(b) Economic rights.
(c) Spiritual rights.
(d) Legal rights.
2. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) Mary's birth.
(b) The Trail of Tears.
(c) Little Big Horn.
(d) The first Wounded Knee.
3. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) Not being able to get to the hospital on time.
(b) Being in a car accident.
(c) Getting into a fight with her mother.
(d) By carrying a heavy pan while working in the kitchen.
4. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) A name isn't given.
(b) Tugboat Cafe.
(c) Puget Sound Cafe.
(d) Pike Place bar.
5. What are winter counts?
(a) A list of people who die.
(b) Pictures on buffalo skin that tell stories.
(c) A record of buffalo killed.
(d) The number of people living in a place in a specific winter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
2. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
3. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
4. What does the Crow Dog family join in 1918 or 1920?
5. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)