|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(c) Rosebud and Navajo.
(d) Navajo and Hopi.
2. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) General Custer.
(c) Colonel Chivington.
(d) Major McDougall.
3. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(b) She held hands with a boy.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She talked back to a nun.
4. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
(c) Sweet grass.
5. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
2. How tall is Mary?
3. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
4. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
5. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)