|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer had it coming.
(b) Custer was Sioux'd.
(c) Custer died for your sins.
(d) Red Power.
2. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(b) Never to talk to a white person.
(c) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(d) Never tell a lie.
3. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
(c) An imitation Persian rug.
(d) Asian food while in New York.
4. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) A Native American Congressman.
(b) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(c) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
5. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
2. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
3. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
4. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
5. What are winter counts?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)