|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(b) White men.
(c) Loss of spirituality.
2. Where is the Sioux peyote garden located?
(b) Southern Mexico.
(c) Black Hills.
3. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She talked back to a nun.
(b) She held hands with a boy.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
4. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(a) Mission school.
5. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) 95 years.
(b) 90 years.
(c) A century.
(d) 101 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
2. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
3. Who is Wise?
4. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
5. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)