|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wise?
(a) A reservation friend.
(b) One of the students at the boarding school.
(c) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(d) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
2. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) Little Big Horn.
(b) The first Wounded Knee.
(c) Mary's birth.
(d) The Trail of Tears.
3. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She held hands with a boy.
(b) She talked back to a nun.
(c) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(d) She ran away.
4. What is an iyeska?
(a) A Native American woman.
(b) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
(c) A teenager.
(d) Someone who is both white and Native American.
5. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
(a) Stealing cars.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Taking drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
2. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
3. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
4. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
5. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)