|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They die in infancy.
(b) They catch TB and die.
(c) They are jailed.
(d) They are killed by soldiers.
2. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(b) Rapid City.
(c) Kansas City.
3. Who is Wise?
(a) A reservation friend.
(b) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(c) One of the students at the boarding school.
(d) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
4. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
(a) Because Barbara's baby died after two hours.
(b) Because of the large number of forced sterilizations.
(c) Because she was afraid the baby would be taken from her.
(d) Because of fear of white medicine.
5. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Fun towns.
(b) Drunk towns.
(c) Redneck towns.
(d) Rez towns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
2. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
3. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
4. How many kids are in Mary's family?
5. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)