|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What American city does AIM begin in?
(a) St. Paul.
(d) San Francisco.
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(b) Ghost Dancing.
(c) Extended family group.
3. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(a) Rapid City.
(d) Kansas City.
4. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
(a) Sun Dance.
(b) Ghost Dance.
(c) Wounded Knee siege.
(d) Marriage to Leonard Crow Dog.
5. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
2. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
3. What is the "Red Panther"?
4. How tall is Mary?
5. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)