|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Colonel Chivington.
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) Major McDougall.
2. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) A century.
(b) 95 years.
(c) 101 years.
(d) 90 years.
3. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary's mother.
(b) Barbara Brave Bird.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Mary Brave Bird.
5. What is Cankpe Opi Wakpala?
(a) Wounded Knee creek.
(b) Spiritual medicine.
(c) A siege.
(d) A warrior society.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
2. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
3. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
4. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
5. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)