|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
2. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) The BIA.
(b) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(c) South Dakota Public Schools.
(d) The Lakota.
3. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Eight hundred thousand.
(b) Three million.
(c) Three hundred thousand.
(d) Two million.
4. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(a) White men.
(b) Loss of spirituality.
5. What year is AIM born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
2. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
3. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
4. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
5. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)