|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota department stores.
(b) South Dakota government buildings.
(c) South Dakota bus stations.
(d) South Dakota saloons.
2. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary Brave Bird.
(b) Mary's mother.
(c) Barbara Brave Bird.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
3. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) A Native American Congressman.
(b) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
(c) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(d) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
4. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) Being in a car accident.
(b) By carrying a heavy pan while working in the kitchen.
(c) Not being able to get to the hospital on time.
(d) Getting into a fight with her mother.
5. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) March on Washington.
(b) Trail of Broken Treaties.
(c) Takeover at Alcatraz.
(d) Pan American Pow Wow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
2. What is an iyeska?
3. Chapter Two begins with what?
4. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
5. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)