|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota saloons.
(b) South Dakota government buildings.
(c) South Dakota bus stations.
(d) South Dakota department stores.
2. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Cousin and friend.
(b) Mother and aunt.
(c) Best friend and sister-in law.
(d) Sister and acquaintance.
3. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) A boy at the school.
(b) A new English teacher/priest.
(c) A girl in her dorm at school.
(d) One of the nuns.
4. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) Nine or ten.
(b) A teenager.
(c) Five or six.
(d) One or two.
5. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Northern and Southern.
(c) Lakota and Dakota.
(d) Reservation and non-reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
2. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
3. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
4. What does AIM stand for?
5. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)