|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Teacher training.
(b) Nurse training.
(c) Government worker training.
(d) Business school training.
2. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
(b) Rapid City.
3. What is the "Red Panther"?
(a) A student newspaper that the author was involved in.
(b) A group of students at the boarding school.
(c) A Native American protest group.
(d) A book.
4. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(b) Loss of spirituality.
(d) White men.
5. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They are killed by soldiers.
(b) They catch TB and die.
(c) They are jailed.
(d) They die in infancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
2. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
3. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
4. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
5. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)