|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Mother and aunt.
(b) Cousin and friend.
(c) Best friend and sister-in law.
(d) Sister and acquaintance.
2. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She talked back to a nun.
(c) She held hands with a boy.
(d) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
3. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They are jailed.
(b) They are killed by soldiers.
(c) They catch TB and die.
(d) They die in infancy.
4. How tall is Mary?
(a) Five and a half feet.
(b) Not much over five feet tall.
(c) Under five feet.
(d) Over five foot, six inches.
5. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
2. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
3. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
4. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
5. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)