|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
(a) Public school.
(b) Reservation day school.
(c) St. Francis Boarding School.
(d) An out-of-state boarding school.
2. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Spotted Tail.
(c) Major McDougall.
(d) Colonel Chivington.
3. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
4. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
(b) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
(c) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
(d) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
5. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Tugboat Cafe.
(b) Pike Place bar.
(c) Puget Sound Cafe.
(d) A name isn't given.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
2. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
3. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
4. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
5. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)