|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Hopi song.
(b) Ghost Dance song.
(c) Cheyenne proverb.
(d) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
2. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) A girl in her dorm at school.
(b) A new English teacher/priest.
(c) One of the nuns.
(d) A boy at the school.
3. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Sister and acquaintance.
(b) Cousin and friend.
(c) Mother and aunt.
(d) Best friend and sister-in law.
4. What does AIM stand for?
(a) American Indian Mothers.
(b) American Indian Movement.
(c) Taking a true AIM against the white society.
(d) Association of Indian Moral.
5. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
(b) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(c) A Native American Congressman.
(d) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is Mary?
2. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
3. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
4. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
5. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)