|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
(c) Federal agents.
2. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(a) Mission school.
3. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
(a) Taking drugs.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Stealing cars.
4. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(b) Ghost Dancing.
(d) Extended family group.
5. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's a message of anger.
(b) It's a truce symbol.
(c) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
(d) It's a distress call.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
2. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
3. What year is AIM born?
4. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
5. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)