|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
(d) Federal agents.
2. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's a message of anger.
(b) It's a distress call.
(c) It's a truce symbol.
(d) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
3. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) The Netherlands.
(c) New York.
4. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Sister and acquaintance.
(b) Cousin and friend.
(c) Best friend and sister-in law.
(d) Mother and aunt.
5. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Crow Dogs.
(b) The Fool Bulls.
(c) The Brave Bulls.
(d) The Horn Bears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
2. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
3. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
4. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
5. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)