|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(c) Oral surgery.
2. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She held hands with a boy.
(b) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She talked back to a nun.
3. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Cheyenne proverb.
(b) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(c) Hopi song.
(d) Ghost Dance song.
4. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Two million.
(b) Eight hundred thousand.
(c) Three hundred thousand.
(d) Three million.
5. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Teacher training.
(b) Business school training.
(c) Government worker training.
(d) Nurse training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
2. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
3. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
4. Who is Wise?
5. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)