|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Capital of South Dakota.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Washington State.
(d) Wounded Knee.
2. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(b) Mission school.
3. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) One of the nuns.
(b) A new English teacher/priest.
(c) A girl in her dorm at school.
(d) A boy at the school.
4. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Poor Bear.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Annie Mae.
5. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Redneck towns.
(b) Drunk towns.
(c) Rez towns.
(d) Fun towns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
2. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
3. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
4. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
5. Who is Ira Hayes?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)