|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) A 14-year-old Sioux boy.
(c) A middle-aged Ojibway woman.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
2. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Two million.
(b) Eight hundred thousand.
(c) Three million.
(d) Three hundred thousand.
3. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
(a) Because of the large number of forced sterilizations.
(b) Because she was afraid the baby would be taken from her.
(c) Because of fear of white medicine.
(d) Because Barbara's baby died after two hours.
4. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) Little Big Horn.
(b) The first Wounded Knee.
(c) Mary's birth.
(d) The Trail of Tears.
5. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
(a) Marlon Brando.
(b) Rip Torn.
(c) Jane Fonda.
(d) Dustin Hoffman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
2. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
3. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
4. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
5. What is an iyeska?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)