|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) March on Washington.
(b) Takeover at Alcatraz.
(c) Pan American Pow Wow.
(d) Trail of Broken Treaties.
2. What American city does AIM begin in?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) St. Paul.
3. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(b) Historical fiction.
(d) Current events non-fiction.
4. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(a) St. Francis.
(b) St. Xavier.
5. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(b) Hopi song.
(c) Cheyenne proverb.
(d) Ghost Dance song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
2. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
3. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
4. What is the "Red Panther"?
5. What are winter counts?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)