|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(b) Three times.
2. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(a) Oral surgery.
3. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(a) St. Xavier.
(d) St. Francis.
4. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
5. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) The Netherlands.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
2. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
3. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
4. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
5. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)