|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) The Netherlands.
(d) New York.
2. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(c) Oral surgery.
3. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's a truce symbol.
(b) It's a message of anger.
(c) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
(d) It's a distress call.
4. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(b) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
(c) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) A Native American Congressman.
5. What is the "Red Panther"?
(a) A book.
(b) A group of students at the boarding school.
(c) A student newspaper that the author was involved in.
(d) A Native American protest group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is AIM born?
2. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
3. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
4. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
5. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)