|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
(a) Her grandfather's death.
(b) The Second Wounded Knee.
(c) Participating in Sun Dance.
(d) Her marriage.
2. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) A century.
(b) 95 years.
(c) 101 years.
(d) 90 years.
3. What does AIM stand for?
(a) Taking a true AIM against the white society.
(b) American Indian Mothers.
(c) Association of Indian Moral.
(d) American Indian Movement.
4. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
5. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Lakota and Dakota.
(c) Northern and Southern.
(d) Reservation and non-reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
2. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
3. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
4. What are winter counts?
5. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)