|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Takeover at Alcatraz.
(b) March on Washington.
(c) Trail of Broken Treaties.
(d) Pan American Pow Wow.
2. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
(a) Sun Dance.
(b) Ghost Dance.
(c) Wounded Knee siege.
(d) Marriage to Leonard Crow Dog.
3. What are winter counts?
(a) A list of people who die.
(b) Pictures on buffalo skin that tell stories.
(c) The number of people living in a place in a specific winter.
(d) A record of buffalo killed.
4. How many kids are in Mary's family?
5. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Navajo and Hopi.
(b) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(c) Rosebud and Navajo.
(d) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
2. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
3. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
4. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
5. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)