|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
2. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
3. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota government buildings.
(b) South Dakota department stores.
(c) South Dakota bus stations.
(d) South Dakota saloons.
4. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
(b) It's a distress call.
(c) It's a truce symbol.
(d) It's a message of anger.
5. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
(a) Reservation day school.
(b) An out-of-state boarding school.
(c) Public school.
(d) St. Francis Boarding School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
2. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
3. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
4. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
5. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)