|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's a distress call.
(b) It's a truce symbol.
(c) It's a message of anger.
(d) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
2. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Colonel Chivington.
(c) General Custer.
(d) Major McDougall.
3. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
(a) Because of fear of white medicine.
(b) Because she was afraid the baby would be taken from her.
(c) Because of the large number of forced sterilizations.
(d) Because Barbara's baby died after two hours.
4. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
(b) Anna Mae.
5. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Crow Dogs.
(b) School friends raised traditionally.
(c) Grandpa Moore.
(d) Her great aunt Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter Two begins with what?
2. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
3. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
4. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
5. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)