|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Grandpa Moore.
(b) School friends raised traditionally.
(c) Her great aunt Mary.
(d) Crow Dogs.
2. What is an iyeska?
(a) Someone who is both white and Native American.
(b) A Native American woman.
(c) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
(d) A teenager.
3. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(d) Three times.
4. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Wounded Knee.
(c) Capital of South Dakota.
(d) Washington State.
5. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Colonel Chivington.
(c) General Custer.
(d) Major McDougall.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
2. What are winter counts?
3. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
4. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
5. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)