|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Ghost Dance song.
(b) Cheyenne proverb.
(c) Hopi song.
(d) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
2. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
(a) The Second Wounded Knee.
(b) Participating in Sun Dance.
(c) Her grandfather's death.
(d) Her marriage.
3. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
(d) Federal agents.
4. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Horn Bears.
(b) The Crow Dogs.
(c) The Fool Bulls.
(d) The Brave Bulls.
5. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) A beaded pouch around the neck.
(b) In a place of honor in the home.
(c) In their pocket.
(d) The heads of households had no ration cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
2. Who is Wise?
3. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
4. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
5. What tribe does Mary belong to?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)