|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
(a) Participating in Sun Dance.
(b) Her grandfather's death.
(c) The Second Wounded Knee.
(d) Her marriage.
2. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
3. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(a) Current events non-fiction.
(b) Historical fiction.
4. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(a) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
5. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(b) Tribal policeman.
(c) Truck driver.
(d) Grandpa Moore has no job.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
2. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
3. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
4. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
5. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)