|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
(b) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
(c) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
(d) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
2. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
(a) Participating in Sun Dance.
(b) Her grandfather's death.
(c) The Second Wounded Knee.
(d) Her marriage.
3. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Mother and aunt.
(b) Best friend and sister-in law.
(c) Cousin and friend.
(d) Sister and acquaintance.
4. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Redneck towns.
(b) Rez towns.
(c) Fun towns.
(d) Drunk towns.
5. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(a) Current events non-fiction.
(c) Historical fiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
2. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
3. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
4. What is an iyeska?
5. How many kids are in Mary's family?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)