|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) People from Pine Ridge.
(c) Those living in poverty.
(d) Elderly and children.
2. What are winter counts?
(a) A list of people who die.
(b) Pictures on buffalo skin that tell stories.
(c) The number of people living in a place in a specific winter.
(d) A record of buffalo killed.
3. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Brave Bulls.
(b) The Horn Bears.
(c) The Fool Bulls.
(d) The Crow Dogs.
4. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Puget Sound Cafe.
(b) A name isn't given.
(c) Tugboat Cafe.
(d) Pike Place bar.
5. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(b) White men.
(c) Loss of spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
2. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
3. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
4. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
5. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)