|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Lakota and Dakota.
(c) Northern and Southern.
(d) Reservation and non-reservation.
2. What are winter counts?
(a) The number of people living in a place in a specific winter.
(b) Pictures on buffalo skin that tell stories.
(c) A record of buffalo killed.
(d) A list of people who die.
3. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) In a place of honor in the home.
(b) A beaded pouch around the neck.
(c) In their pocket.
(d) The heads of households had no ration cards.
4. What is an iyeska?
(a) Someone who is both white and Native American.
(b) A teenager.
(c) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
(d) A Native American woman.
5. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Teacher training.
(b) Nurse training.
(c) Business school training.
(d) Government worker training.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
2. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
3. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
4. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
5. How tall is Mary?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)