|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(c) Three times.
2. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Cousin and friend.
(b) Best friend and sister-in law.
(c) Mother and aunt.
(d) Sister and acquaintance.
3. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(b) Cheyenne proverb.
(c) Hopi song.
(d) Ghost Dance song.
4. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
5. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Barbara Brave Bird.
(b) Mary's mother.
(c) Mary Brave Bird.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
2. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
3. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
4. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
5. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)