|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
2. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She talked back to a nun.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(d) She held hands with a boy.
3. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(b) St. Xavier.
(d) St. Francis.
4. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(b) The Netherlands.
(c) New York.
5. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(c) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
2. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
3. How many kids are in Mary's family?
4. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
5. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)