|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Reservation and non-reservation.
(b) Lakota and Dakota.
(c) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(d) Northern and Southern.
2. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) The first Wounded Knee.
(b) Little Big Horn.
(c) Mary's birth.
(d) The Trail of Tears.
3. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
(c) Federal agents.
4. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) Elderly and children.
(b) Those living in poverty.
(c) People from Pine Ridge.
5. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) Five or six.
(b) Nine or ten.
(c) One or two.
(d) A teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
2. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
3. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
4. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
5. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)