|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
2. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Puget Sound Cafe.
(b) Pike Place bar.
(c) A name isn't given.
(d) Tugboat Cafe.
3. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Reservation and non-reservation.
(c) Northern and Southern.
(d) Lakota and Dakota.
4. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Government worker training.
(b) Business school training.
(c) Nurse training.
(d) Teacher training.
5. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) A girl in her dorm at school.
(b) A new English teacher/priest.
(c) A boy at the school.
(d) One of the nuns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
2. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
3. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
4. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
5. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)