|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kids are in Mary's family?
2. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Drunk towns.
(b) Redneck towns.
(c) Rez towns.
(d) Fun towns.
3. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) One or two.
(b) A teenager.
(c) Five or six.
(d) Nine or ten.
4. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) A boy at the school.
(b) A new English teacher/priest.
(c) One of the nuns.
(d) A girl in her dorm at school.
5. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Major McDougall.
(b) Spotted Tail.
(c) Colonel Chivington.
(d) General Custer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter Two begins with what?
2. Who is Wise?
3. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
4. What are winter counts?
5. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)