|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(a) St. Xavier.
(c) St. Francis.
2. What are winter counts?
(a) Pictures on buffalo skin that tell stories.
(b) A list of people who die.
(c) The number of people living in a place in a specific winter.
(d) A record of buffalo killed.
3. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
4. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
5. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Mother and aunt.
(b) Best friend and sister-in law.
(c) Sister and acquaintance.
(d) Cousin and friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter Two begins with what?
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
3. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
4. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
5. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)