|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) Mary's birth.
(b) Little Big Horn.
(c) The first Wounded Knee.
(d) The Trail of Tears.
2. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary's mother.
(b) Barbara Brave Bird.
(c) Mary Brave Bird.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
3. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) People from Pine Ridge.
(c) Those living in poverty.
(d) Elderly and children.
4. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
5. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(a) Extended family group.
(c) Ghost Dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
2. How tall is Mary?
3. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
4. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
5. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)