|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Teacher training.
(b) Government worker training.
(c) Nurse training.
(d) Business school training.
2. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(b) The Netherlands.
(c) New York.
3. How many kids are in Mary's family?
4. How tall is Mary?
(a) Not much over five feet tall.
(b) Over five foot, six inches.
(c) Five and a half feet.
(d) Under five feet.
5. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) 101 years.
(b) 90 years.
(c) A century.
(d) 95 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
2. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
4. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
5. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)