|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(c) Current events non-fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
2. Who is Wise?
(a) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(b) One of the students at the boarding school.
(c) A reservation friend.
(d) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
3. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Teacher training.
(b) Government worker training.
(c) Business school training.
(d) Nurse training.
4. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(d) Oral surgery.
5. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They catch TB and die.
(b) They die in infancy.
(c) They are jailed.
(d) They are killed by soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
2. What are winter counts?
3. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
4. What is the "Red Panther"?
5. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)