|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Major McDougall.
(b) Spotted Tail.
(c) Colonel Chivington.
(d) General Custer.
2. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Brave Bulls.
(b) The Crow Dogs.
(c) The Fool Bulls.
(d) The Horn Bears.
3. How many kids are in Mary's family?
4. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They catch TB and die.
(b) They are jailed.
(c) They are killed by soldiers.
(d) They die in infancy.
5. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(b) Truck driver.
(c) Grandpa Moore has no job.
(d) Tribal policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
2. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
3. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
4. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
5. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)