|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
2. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) Elderly and children.
(c) People from Pine Ridge.
(d) Those living in poverty.
3. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(c) Mission school.
4. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(c) They don't have tea.
5. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(b) Deer meat.
(d) Turtle stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
2. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
3. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
4. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
5. What are winter counts?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)