|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Poor Bear.
(d) Annie Mae.
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(a) Ghost Dancing.
(d) Extended family group.
3. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) A name isn't given.
(b) Tugboat Cafe.
(c) Puget Sound Cafe.
(d) Pike Place bar.
4. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota government buildings.
(b) South Dakota department stores.
(c) South Dakota bus stations.
(d) South Dakota saloons.
5. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(d) Mission school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
2. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
3. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
4. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
5. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)