|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(b) St. Francis.
(c) St. Xavier.
2. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(b) They don't have tea.
3. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
(b) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
(c) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
(d) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
4. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(a) Deer meat.
(b) Turtle stew.
5. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
2. Chapter Two begins with what?
3. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
4. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
5. How many kids are in Mary's family?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)