|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They die in infancy.
(b) They are killed by soldiers.
(c) They catch TB and die.
(d) They are jailed.
2. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) One of the nuns.
(b) A boy at the school.
(c) A new English teacher/priest.
(d) A girl in her dorm at school.
3. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She talked back to a nun.
(c) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(d) She held hands with a boy.
4. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Her great aunt Mary.
(b) School friends raised traditionally.
(c) Grandpa Moore.
(d) Crow Dogs.
5. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
2. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
3. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
5. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)