|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(a) Three times.
2. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
3. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Annie Mae.
(b) Poor Bear.
(c) Her husband.
4. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(b) Current events non-fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
5. How tall is Mary?
(a) Over five foot, six inches.
(b) Under five feet.
(c) Not much over five feet tall.
(d) Five and a half feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
2. Who is Wise?
3. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
4. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
5. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)