|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Fun towns.
(b) Redneck towns.
(c) Rez towns.
(d) Drunk towns.
2. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) People from Pine Ridge.
(c) Those living in poverty.
(d) Elderly and children.
3. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Fool Bulls.
(b) The Brave Bulls.
(c) The Horn Bears.
(d) The Crow Dogs.
4. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
5. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) The BIA.
(b) The Lakota.
(c) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(d) South Dakota Public Schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
2. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
3. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
4. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
5. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)