|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
2. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(a) Deer meat.
(b) Turtle stew.
3. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) A century.
(b) 95 years.
(c) 101 years.
(d) 90 years.
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Mary's mother.
(c) Mary Brave Bird.
(d) Barbara Brave Bird.
5. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Cheyenne proverb.
(b) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(c) Ghost Dance song.
(d) Hopi song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
2. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
3. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
4. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
5. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)