|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(a) Mission school.
2. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Puget Sound Cafe.
(b) Tugboat Cafe.
(c) Pike Place bar.
(d) A name isn't given.
3. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(c) Three times.
4. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They catch TB and die.
(b) They die in infancy.
(c) They are killed by soldiers.
(d) They are jailed.
5. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(b) St. Francis.
(c) St. Xavier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
2. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
3. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
4. Chapter Two begins with what?
5. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)