|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(c) Mission school.
2. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Poor Bear.
(d) Annie Mae.
3. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) South Dakota Public Schools.
(b) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(c) The BIA.
(d) The Lakota.
4. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
5. Who is Wise?
(a) One of the students at the boarding school.
(b) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(c) A reservation friend.
(d) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
2. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
3. What tribe does Mary belong to?
4. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
5. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)