|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(a) Grandpa Moore has no job.
(c) Tribal policeman.
(d) Truck driver.
2. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
(b) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
(c) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
(d) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
3. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(c) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
4. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(c) Deer meat.
(d) Turtle stew.
5. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Nurse training.
(b) Teacher training.
(c) Government worker training.
(d) Business school training.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
2. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
3. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
4. What is an iyeska?
5. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)