|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(a) Turtle stew.
(c) Deer meat.
2. How tall is Mary?
(a) Over five foot, six inches.
(b) Not much over five feet tall.
(c) Five and a half feet.
(d) Under five feet.
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Rosebud and Navajo.
(b) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(c) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(d) Navajo and Hopi.
4. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(a) Truck driver.
(b) Tribal policeman.
(c) Grandpa Moore has no job.
5. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Crow Dogs.
(b) The Fool Bulls.
(c) The Horn Bears.
(d) The Brave Bulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
2. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
3. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
4. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
5. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)