|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(b) Never tell a lie.
(c) Never to talk to a white person.
(d) Never go into white peoples' homes.
2. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) A teenager.
(b) Five or six.
(c) One or two.
(d) Nine or ten.
3. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(c) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
4. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) Mary's birth.
(b) The Trail of Tears.
(c) Little Big Horn.
(d) The first Wounded Knee.
5. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Northern and Southern.
(c) Reservation and non-reservation.
(d) Lakota and Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
2. Chapter Two begins with what?
3. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
5. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)