|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(b) Never tell a lie.
(c) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(d) Never to talk to a white person.
2. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) Five or six.
(b) A teenager.
(c) One or two.
(d) Nine or ten.
3. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
(a) Reservation day school.
(b) St. Francis Boarding School.
(c) Public school.
(d) An out-of-state boarding school.
4. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Lakota and Dakota.
(b) Reservation and non-reservation.
(c) Northern and Southern.
(d) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
5. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
(a) Her grandfather's death.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Participating in Sun Dance.
(d) The Second Wounded Knee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an iyeska?
2. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
3. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
4. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
5. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)