|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(a) Historical fiction.
(d) Current events non-fiction.
2. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Lakota and Dakota.
(c) Northern and Southern.
(d) Reservation and non-reservation.
3. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) A beaded pouch around the neck.
(b) The heads of households had no ration cards.
(c) In their pocket.
(d) In a place of honor in the home.
4. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(c) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
5. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Cheyenne proverb.
(b) Hopi song.
(c) Ghost Dance song.
(d) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids are in Mary's family?
2. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
3. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
4. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
5. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)