|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(a) Turtle stew.
(d) Deer meat.
2. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) A beaded pouch around the neck.
(b) In their pocket.
(c) The heads of households had no ration cards.
(d) In a place of honor in the home.
3. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
4. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) Little Big Horn.
(b) The Trail of Tears.
(c) Mary's birth.
(d) The first Wounded Knee.
5. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) Elderly and children.
(c) People from Pine Ridge.
(d) Those living in poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
2. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
3. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
4. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
5. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)