|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Mary?
(a) Not much over five feet tall.
(b) Five and a half feet.
(c) Over five foot, six inches.
(d) Under five feet.
2. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Rosebud and Navajo.
(b) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(c) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(d) Navajo and Hopi.
3. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(a) Historical fiction.
(c) Current events non-fiction.
4. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Horn Bears.
(b) The Brave Bulls.
(c) The Crow Dogs.
(d) The Fool Bulls.
5. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary's mother.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Barbara Brave Bird.
(d) Mary Brave Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
2. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
3. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
4. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
5. What are winter counts?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)