|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(c) Mission school.
2. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Ghost Dance song.
(b) Hopi song.
(c) Cheyenne proverb.
(d) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Navajo and Hopi.
(c) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(d) Rosebud and Navajo.
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary's mother.
(b) Mary Brave Bird.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Barbara Brave Bird.
5. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
2. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
3. What tribe does Mary belong to?
4. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
5. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)