|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
(a) An out-of-state boarding school.
(b) Reservation day school.
(c) Public school.
(d) St. Francis Boarding School.
2. What is an iyeska?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A Native American woman.
(c) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
(d) Someone who is both white and Native American.
3. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Northern and Southern.
(b) Reservation and non-reservation.
(c) Lakota and Dakota.
(d) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
4. What are winter counts?
(a) A record of buffalo killed.
(b) A list of people who die.
(c) The number of people living in a place in a specific winter.
(d) Pictures on buffalo skin that tell stories.
5. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary's mother.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Barbara Brave Bird.
(d) Mary Brave Bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
2. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
3. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
4. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
5. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)