|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) Little Big Horn.
(b) The first Wounded Knee.
(c) Mary's birth.
(d) The Trail of Tears.
2. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
(a) Grandpa Moore..
(b) Dick Fool Bull.
(c) Elsie Flood.
(d) Charlie Little Dog.
3. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Participating in Sun Dance.
(c) Her grandfather's death.
(d) The Second Wounded Knee.
4. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Business school training.
(b) Teacher training.
(c) Government worker training.
(d) Nurse training.
5. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
(d) Federal agents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
2. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
3. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
4. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
5. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)