|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Rosebud and Navajo.
(b) Navajo and Hopi.
(c) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(d) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
2. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Ghost Dance song.
(b) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(c) Cheyenne proverb.
(d) Hopi song.
3. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) Little Big Horn.
(b) The Trail of Tears.
(c) The first Wounded Knee.
(d) Mary's birth.
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Mary Brave Bird.
(c) Mary's mother.
(d) Barbara Brave Bird.
5. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(b) Oral surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe does Mary belong to?
2. What is an iyeska?
3. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
4. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
5. What are winter counts?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)