|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) People from Pine Ridge.
(b) Those living in poverty.
(c) Elderly and children.
2. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(b) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(c) Never tell a lie.
(d) Never to talk to a white person.
3. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(a) Deer meat.
(c) Turtle stew.
4. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(d) Three times.
5. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(b) Ghost Dancing.
(c) Extended family group.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
2. Chapter Two begins with what?
3. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
4. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
5. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)