|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
(a) Federal agents.
2. How tall is Mary?
(a) Over five foot, six inches.
(b) Five and a half feet.
(c) Not much over five feet tall.
(d) Under five feet.
3. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(b) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(c) Never to talk to a white person.
(d) Never tell a lie.
4. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They die in infancy.
(b) They are killed by soldiers.
(c) They are jailed.
(d) They catch TB and die.
5. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) Little Big Horn.
(b) Mary's birth.
(c) The first Wounded Knee.
(d) The Trail of Tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
2. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
3. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
4. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
5. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)