|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(b) Ghost Dancing.
(c) Extended family group.
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Navajo and Hopi.
(b) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(c) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(d) Rosebud and Navajo.
4. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They catch TB and die.
(b) They are jailed.
(c) They are killed by soldiers.
(d) They die in infancy.
5. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
(a) Charlie Little Dog.
(b) Elsie Flood.
(c) Dick Fool Bull.
(d) Grandpa Moore..
Short Answer Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
2. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
3. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
4. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
5. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)