|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Nurse training.
(b) Government worker training.
(c) Teacher training.
(d) Business school training.
2. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) 90 years.
(b) 95 years.
(c) A century.
(d) 101 years.
3. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(b) Those living in poverty.
(c) People from Pine Ridge.
(d) Elderly and children.
4. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Grandpa Moore.
(b) Crow Dogs.
(c) Her great aunt Mary.
(d) School friends raised traditionally.
5. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(b) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
2. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
3. What are winter counts?
4. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
5. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)