|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
(c) Federal agents.
2. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(a) Three times.
3. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Brave Bulls.
(b) The Horn Bears.
(c) The Crow Dogs.
(d) The Fool Bulls.
4. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Navajo and Hopi.
(b) Rosebud and Navajo.
(c) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(d) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
5. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) 101 years.
(b) A century.
(c) 95 years.
(d) 90 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
2. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
3. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
4. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
5. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)