|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
(a) Elsie Flood.
(b) Charlie Little Dog.
(c) Grandpa Moore..
(d) Dick Fool Bull.
2. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
(b) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
(c) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
(d) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
3. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never to talk to a white person.
(b) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(c) Never tell a lie.
(d) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
4. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(a) Mission school.
5. How many kids are in Mary's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
2. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
3. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
4. How tall is Mary?
5. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)