|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(d) Oral surgery.
2. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They are jailed.
(b) They catch TB and die.
(c) They die in infancy.
(d) They are killed by soldiers.
3. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Reservation and non-reservation.
(b) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(c) Northern and Southern.
(d) Lakota and Dakota.
4. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(b) Never tell a lie.
(c) Never to talk to a white person.
(d) Never go into white peoples' homes.
5. How tall is Mary?
(a) Under five feet.
(b) Five and a half feet.
(c) Over five foot, six inches.
(d) Not much over five feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
2. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
3. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
4. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
5. How many kids are in Mary's family?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)