|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never tell a lie.
(b) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(c) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(d) Never to talk to a white person.
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(a) Ghost Dancing.
(c) Extended family group.
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Rosebud and Navajo.
(b) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(c) Navajo and Hopi.
(d) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
4. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Grandpa Moore.
(b) Her great aunt Mary.
(c) Crow Dogs.
(d) School friends raised traditionally.
5. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Reservation and non-reservation.
(b) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(c) Lakota and Dakota.
(d) Northern and Southern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
2. What are winter counts?
3. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
4. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
5. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)