|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(b) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(c) Never tell a lie.
(d) Never to talk to a white person.
2. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Lakota and Dakota.
(b) Northern and Southern.
(c) Reservation and non-reservation.
(d) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
3. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Crow Dogs.
(b) The Fool Bulls.
(c) The Horn Bears.
(d) The Brave Bulls.
4. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(a) Truck driver.
(b) Grandpa Moore has no job.
(c) Tribal policeman.
5. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) 95 years.
(b) 90 years.
(c) A century.
(d) 101 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
2. Chapter Two begins with what?
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
4. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
5. What tribe does Mary belong to?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)