|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(b) Turtle stew.
(d) Deer meat.
2. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Mother and aunt.
(b) Cousin and friend.
(c) Sister and acquaintance.
(d) Best friend and sister-in law.
3. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(c) Current events non-fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
4. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) Participating in Sun Dance.
(c) The Second Wounded Knee.
(d) Her grandfather's death.
5. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(a) Ghost Dancing.
(d) Extended family group.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids are in Mary's family?
2. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
3. Chapter Two begins with what?
4. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
5. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)