|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, Invisible Fathers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall is Mary?
(a) Over five foot, six inches.
(b) Under five feet.
(c) Five and a half feet.
(d) Not much over five feet tall.
2. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
(a) They die in infancy.
(b) They catch TB and die.
(c) They are jailed.
(d) They are killed by soldiers.
3. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Colonel Chivington.
(c) Major McDougall.
(d) Spotted Tail.
4. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(c) Rosebud and Navajo.
(d) Navajo and Hopi.
5. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Ghost Dance song.
(b) Cheyenne proverb.
(c) Hopi song.
(d) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
2. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
3. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
4. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
5. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)