Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen, Ho Uway Tinkte - My Voice You Shall Hear; Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bobby Leader Charge dance for in Chapter Sixteen?
(a) For his sick father.
(b) For the death of his friend.
(c) For the release of Leonard Peltier.
(d) For his brother's release from jail.
2. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
(a) Jake Maloney.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Nogeeshik Aquash.
(d) Jake Aquash.
3. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
(b) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
(c) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
(d) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
4. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Horn Bears.
(b) The Crow Dogs.
(c) The Brave Bulls.
(d) The Fool Bulls.
5. What American city does AIM begin in?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
2. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
3. What tribe does Mary belong to?
4. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
5. What color is Mary's new home painted?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)