|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
(b) Sun Dance.
(c) Sweat Bath.
(d) Ghost Dance.
2. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Kicking Bear.
(b) Big Foot.
(c) Crazy Horse.
3. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
(b) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
(c) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
(d) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
4. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(c) Oral surgery.
5. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Annie Mae.
(c) Poor Bear.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does AIM stand for?
2. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
4. Where is the Sioux peyote garden located?
5. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)