|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, Birth Giving; Chapter Twelve, Sioux and Elephants Never Forget.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Leonard have before marriage to Mary?
2. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
(a) Two months.
(b) Seventy-one days.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) Eleven days.
3. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
(b) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
(c) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
(d) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
4. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
5. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(b) St. Francis.
(c) St. Xavier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
2. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
3. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
4. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
5. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)