Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven, Crying for a Dream; Chapter Eight, Cankpe Opi Wakpala.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Red Power.
(b) Custer had it coming.
(c) Custer died for your sins.
(d) Custer was Sioux'd.
2. What American city does AIM begin in?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) St. Paul.
3. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(c) Historical fiction.
(d) Current events non-fiction.
4. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(a) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
5. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(b) Never to talk to a white person.
(c) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(d) Never tell a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
2. Who is Wise?
3. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
4. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
5. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)