Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, Aimlessness; Chapter Six, We AIM Not to Please.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribe does the late Native American activist, Richard Oakes, belong to?
2. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Annie Mae.
(b) Poor Bear.
(d) Her husband.
3. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(b) Current events non-fiction.
(c) Historical fiction.
4. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Navajo and Hopi.
(c) Rosebud and Navajo.
(d) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
5. How many kids are in Mary's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
2. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
3. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
4. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
5. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)