Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Capital of South Dakota.
(b) Wounded Knee.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Washington State.
2. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
3. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(a) Historical fiction.
(c) Current events non-fiction.
4. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Best friend and sister-in law.
(b) Cousin and friend.
(c) Mother and aunt.
(d) Sister and acquaintance.
5. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Crow Dogs.
(b) The Brave Bulls.
(c) The Fool Bulls.
(d) The Horn Bears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids are in Mary's family?
2. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
3. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
4. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
5. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)