|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen, The Eagle Caged.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
(a) Crow Dog land.
(b) Rapid City.
(c) Mount Rushmore.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She ran away.
(b) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(c) She held hands with a boy.
(d) She talked back to a nun.
3. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) January, 1976.
(b) December, 1975.
(c) October, 1975.
(d) November, 1975.
4. What is the "big, bad granddaddy of penitentiaries"?
5. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(c) Loss of spirituality.
(d) White men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
2. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
3. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
4. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
5. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)