|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen, The Eagle Caged.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Hopi song.
(b) Ghost Dance song.
(c) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(d) Cheyenne proverb.
2. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
(a) Two months.
(b) Seventy-one days.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) Eleven days.
3. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Colonel Chivington.
(b) General Custer.
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) Major McDougall.
4. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Fool Bulls.
(b) The Brave Bulls.
(c) The Horn Bears.
(d) The Crow Dogs.
5. Where is Leonard Peltier from?
(a) Pine Ridge.
(c) Fort Totten.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
3. What is the "big, bad granddaddy of penitentiaries"?
4. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
5. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)