|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen, The Eagle Caged.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
(a) Sun Dance.
(c) Sweat Bath.
(d) Ghost Dance.
2. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
3. How many kids are in Mary's family?
4. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) Indian Civil Rights Act.
(b) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
(c) Indian Reorganization Act.
(d) Dawes Act.
5. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
(a) A middle-aged Ojibway woman.
(b) A 14-year-old Sioux boy.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
2. What American city does AIM begin in?
3. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
4. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
5. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)