|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen, The Eagle Caged.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Trail of Broken Treaties.
(b) Pan American Pow Wow.
(c) March on Washington.
(d) Takeover at Alcatraz.
2. What does the author compare the scene of September 5 to?
(a) Vietcong village overrun by 185 Rambos.
(b) Wounded Knee Massacre.
(c) The Watts riots.
(d) Soldiers advancing on Indians long ago.
3. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(c) Historical fiction.
(d) Current events non-fiction.
4. What famous Indian is the first Crow Dog friends with?
(b) Chief Joseph.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Sitting Bull.
5. How many years is Leonard Crow Dog initially sentenced to?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
2. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
3. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
4. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
5. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)