|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen, The Eagle Caged.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
(a) Eleven days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Seventy-one days.
(d) Seven weeks.
2. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
(a) Unlawful use of peyote.
(b) Assault and battery.
(c) Rapid City riots.
(d) Wounded Knee occupation.
3. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Legal rights.
(b) Political rights.
(c) Spiritual rights.
(d) Economic rights.
4. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
(b) Light blue Day-Glo jumpsuits.
(c) All black outfits.
(d) Jeans and denim shirts.
5. Who serves as defense coordinators for Leonard Crow Dog's appeal?
(a) Ken Tilsen.
(b) Bill Kunstler.
(c) Sandy Rosen.
(d) Richard Erdoes and his wife, Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
2. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
3. According to a Sioux proverb in Chapter Twelve, what is a good mother like?
4. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
5. What chief does the first Crow Dog kill that leads to a four-generation blood guilt?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)