|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen, The Eagle Caged.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
(a) Jeans and denim shirts.
(b) All black outfits.
(d) Light blue Day-Glo jumpsuits.
2. In Sioux traditional births, what is placed in the center of a tipi?
(b) Sweet grass.
(c) Sacred pipe.
(d) Waist high cottonwood stick.
3. What do the criminal charges against Leonard Crow Dog stem from?
(a) Wounded Knee occupation.
(b) Rapid City riots.
(c) Assault and battery.
(d) Unlawful use of peyote.
4. What is an iyeska?
(a) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
(b) Someone who is both white and Native American.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A Native American woman.
5. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(d) They don't have tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Leonard Peltier from?
2. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
3. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
4. Mary is one of two pregnant women at Wounded Knee. Who is the other?
5. How many years is Leonard Crow Dog initially sentenced to?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)