|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
2. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Annie Mae.
(b) Poor Bear.
(d) Her husband.
3. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(d) Three times.
4. Who is Wise?
(a) A reservation friend.
(b) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(c) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(d) One of the students at the boarding school.
5. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(a) White men.
(d) Loss of spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
2. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
3. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
4. What is an iyeska?
5. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)