|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(a) White men.
(b) Loss of spirituality.
2. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
(d) Oral surgery.
3. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Mother and aunt.
(b) Cousin and friend.
(c) Best friend and sister-in law.
(d) Sister and acquaintance.
4. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) 95 years.
(b) 101 years.
(c) 90 years.
(d) A century.
5. How tall is Mary?
(a) Five and a half feet.
(b) Not much over five feet tall.
(c) Under five feet.
(d) Over five foot, six inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
2. What are winter counts?
3. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
4. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
5. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)