|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) The Netherlands.
(c) New York.
2. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
(c) Federal agents.
3. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) Elderly and children.
(b) People from Pine Ridge.
(c) Those living in poverty.
4. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(a) Deer meat.
(b) Turtle stew.
5. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(b) St. Xavier.
(c) St. Francis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
2. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
3. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
4. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
5. Who is Wise?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)