|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(b) Three times.
2. Who is Wise?
(a) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(b) One of the students at the boarding school.
(c) A reservation friend.
(d) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
3. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Mother and aunt.
(b) Best friend and sister-in law.
(c) Cousin and friend.
(d) Sister and acquaintance.
4. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) Coming to the reservation.
(b) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(c) Leaving the reservation.
(d) White racism.
5. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
2. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
3. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
4. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
5. Chapter Two begins with what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)