|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Navajo and Hopi.
(b) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(c) Rosebud and Navajo.
(d) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
2. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She held hands with a boy.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She talked back to a nun.
(d) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
3. Who is Wise?
(a) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(b) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(c) One of the students at the boarding school.
(d) A reservation friend.
4. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) A boy at the school.
(b) A girl in her dorm at school.
(c) A new English teacher/priest.
(d) One of the nuns.
5. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
2. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
3. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
5. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)