|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) New York.
(d) The Netherlands.
2. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(a) Loss of spirituality.
(d) White men.
3. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(c) Mission school.
4. What is an iyeska?
(a) Someone who is both white and Native American.
(b) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
(c) A Native American woman.
(d) A teenager.
5. What is the "Red Panther"?
(a) A Native American protest group.
(b) A student newspaper that the author was involved in.
(c) A book.
(d) A group of students at the boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
2. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
3. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
4. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
5. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)