|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
(b) Current events non-fiction.
(d) Historical fiction.
2. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary Brave Bird.
(b) Mary's mother.
(c) Barbara Brave Bird.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
3. What are winter counts?
(a) A list of people who die.
(b) The number of people living in a place in a specific winter.
(c) Pictures on buffalo skin that tell stories.
(d) A record of buffalo killed.
4. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(a) Mission school.
5. Who is Wise?
(a) One of the students at the boarding school.
(b) A reservation friend.
(c) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(d) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
2. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
3. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
4. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
5. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)