|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Lakota and Dakota.
(b) Northern and Southern.
(c) Reservation and non-reservation.
(d) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
2. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Fool Bulls.
(b) The Crow Dogs.
(c) The Horn Bears.
(d) The Brave Bulls.
3. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
4. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
5. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) South Dakota Public Schools.
(b) The BIA.
(c) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(d) The Lakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
2. What is the "Red Panther"?
3. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
4. What is an iyeska?
5. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)