|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) New York.
(b) The Netherlands.
2. What is an iyeska?
(a) A teenager.
(b) A Native American woman.
(c) Someone who is both white and Native American.
(d) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
3. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
(a) Five or six.
(b) One or two.
(c) Nine or ten.
(d) A teenager.
4. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) The BIA.
(b) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(c) South Dakota Public Schools.
(d) The Lakota.
5. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) 90 years.
(b) 101 years.
(c) A century.
(d) 95 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
2. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
3. How many kids are in Mary's family?
4. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
5. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)