|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
2. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
3. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
(b) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
(c) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
(d) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
4. What is an iyeska?
(a) Someone who is both white and Native American.
(b) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
(c) A teenager.
(d) A Native American woman.
5. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Annie Mae.
(c) Poor Bear.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
2. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
3. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
4. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
5. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)