|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) A boy at the school.
(b) A new English teacher/priest.
(c) A girl in her dorm at school.
(d) One of the nuns.
2. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) The BIA.
(b) South Dakota Public Schools.
(c) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(d) The Lakota.
3. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) School friends raised traditionally.
(b) Her great aunt Mary.
(c) Grandpa Moore.
(d) Crow Dogs.
4. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
(a) Little Big Horn.
(b) The first Wounded Knee.
(c) The Trail of Tears.
(d) Mary's birth.
5. How many kids are in Mary's family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
2. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
3. What are winter counts?
4. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
5. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)