|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Cheyenne proverb.
(b) Hopi song.
(c) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(d) Ghost Dance song.
2. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) School friends raised traditionally.
(b) Her great aunt Mary.
(c) Grandpa Moore.
(d) Crow Dogs.
3. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) Coming to the reservation.
(b) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(c) White racism.
(d) Leaving the reservation.
4. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
(a) Truck driver.
(b) Tribal policeman.
(c) Grandpa Moore has no job.
5. How tall is Mary?
(a) Over five foot, six inches.
(b) Five and a half feet.
(c) Under five feet.
(d) Not much over five feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
2. How many kids are in Mary's family?
3. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
4. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
5. What historic event does Grandpa Fool Bull witness?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)