|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Her great aunt Mary.
(b) Grandpa Moore.
(c) Crow Dogs.
(d) School friends raised traditionally.
2. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Annie Mae.
(b) Poor Bear.
(d) Her husband.
3. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) A boy at the school.
(b) A girl in her dorm at school.
(c) One of the nuns.
(d) A new English teacher/priest.
4. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
(a) People from Pine Ridge.
(c) Elderly and children.
(d) Those living in poverty.
5. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(a) Deer meat.
(c) Turtle stew.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
2. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
3. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
4. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
5. Chapter Two begins with what?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)