|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(a) They don't have tea.
2. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
(a) Turtle stew.
(d) Deer meat.
3. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
(b) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
(c) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
(d) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
4. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
(a) The Fool Bulls.
(b) The Crow Dogs.
(c) The Horn Bears.
(d) The Brave Bulls.
5. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
(a) Elsie Flood.
(b) Dick Fool Bull.
(c) Charlie Little Dog.
(d) Grandpa Moore..
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
2. What is an iyeska?
3. Where does Mary go to school as a child?
4. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
5. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)