|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) New York.
(c) The Netherlands.
2. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) General Custer.
(c) Colonel Chivington.
(d) Major McDougall.
3. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
(a) Participating in Sun Dance.
(b) Her grandfather's death.
(c) The Second Wounded Knee.
(d) Her marriage.
4. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Rez towns.
(b) Fun towns.
(c) Drunk towns.
(d) Redneck towns.
5. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(c) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
2. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
3. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
4. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
5. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)