|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
2. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(b) Ghost Dance song.
(c) Hopi song.
(d) Cheyenne proverb.
3. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
4. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) A century.
(b) 95 years.
(c) 90 years.
(d) 101 years.
5. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) White racism.
(b) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(c) Leaving the reservation.
(d) Coming to the reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
2. What is the "Red Panther"?
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
4. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
5. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)