|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wise?
(a) One of the students at the boarding school.
(b) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(c) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(d) A reservation friend.
2. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Crow Dogs.
(b) School friends raised traditionally.
(c) Grandpa Moore.
(d) Her great aunt Mary.
3. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Poor Bear.
(d) Annie Mae.
4. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(a) Ghost Dancing.
(d) Extended family group.
5. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Pike Place bar.
(b) Puget Sound Cafe.
(c) A name isn't given.
(d) Tugboat Cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are winter counts?
2. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
3. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
4. What work does Grandpa Moore do?
5. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)