|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(c) They don't have tea.
2. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Mary's mother.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Barbara Brave Bird.
(d) Mary Brave Bird.
3. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
4. Who is Wise?
(a) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(b) One of the students at the boarding school.
(c) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(d) A reservation friend.
5. How long does Old Grandpa Fool Bull live?
(a) 95 years.
(b) A century.
(c) 90 years.
(d) 101 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
2. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
3. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
4. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
5. What tribe does Mary belong to?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)