|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
2. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Poor Bear.
(d) Annie Mae.
3. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Barbara Brave Bird.
(c) Mary's mother.
(d) Mary Brave Bird.
4. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Rosebud and Navajo.
(b) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(c) Navajo and Hopi.
(d) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
5. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Business school training.
(b) Teacher training.
(c) Government worker training.
(d) Nurse training.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
2. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
3. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
4. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
5. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)