|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Poor Bear.
(c) Annie Mae.
2. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Puget Sound Cafe.
(b) A name isn't given.
(c) Pike Place bar.
(d) Tugboat Cafe.
3. What tribe does Mary belong to?
(c) Brule or "Burned Thigh."
4. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(b) Loss of spirituality.
(d) White men.
5. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota saloons.
(b) South Dakota bus stations.
(c) South Dakota department stores.
(d) South Dakota government buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter Two begins with what?
2. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
3. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
4. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
5. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)