|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(b) South Dakota Public Schools.
(c) The Lakota.
(d) The BIA.
2. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) A name isn't given.
(b) Puget Sound Cafe.
(c) Pike Place bar.
(d) Tugboat Cafe.
3. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Northern and Southern.
(b) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(c) Reservation and non-reservation.
(d) Lakota and Dakota.
4. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
(a) Sister and acquaintance.
(b) Best friend and sister-in law.
(c) Cousin and friend.
(d) Mother and aunt.
5. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(a) White men.
(b) Loss of spirituality.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
2. What is the best description of the type of book Lakota Woman is?
3. Chapter Two begins with what?
4. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
5. According to Mary, what family has no shortage of legends?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)