|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Eight hundred thousand.
(b) Two million.
(c) Three hundred thousand.
(d) Three million.
2. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Pike Place bar.
(b) Puget Sound Cafe.
(c) Tugboat Cafe.
(d) A name isn't given.
3. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(c) Extended family group.
(d) Ghost Dancing.
4. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) Coming to the reservation.
(b) White racism.
(c) Leaving the reservation.
(d) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
5. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an iyeska?
2. What event leads to Mary being given the special name of Ohitika Win (Brave Woman)?
3. In Chapter One, the narrator speaks of two women being found dead in the snow, Annie Mae and Delphine. Who are these women to the narrator?
4. Who is telling the story in Chapter One?
5. Who is Wise?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)