|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(b) Three times.
2. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
(a) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(b) Reservation and non-reservation.
(c) Lakota and Dakota.
(d) Northern and Southern.
3. Two Native American reservations are mentioned in Chapter One. What are they?
(a) Navajo and Hopi.
(b) Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
(c) Micmac and Pine Ridge.
(d) Rosebud and Navajo.
4. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) A boy at the school.
(b) One of the nuns.
(c) A new English teacher/priest.
(d) A girl in her dorm at school.
5. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(d) Mission school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year does the first Wounded Knee occur?
2. In Chapter One, what procedure is discussed that was commonly performed on Indian women without their permission?
3. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
4. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
5. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)