|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, Civilize Them with a Stick; Chapter Four, Drinking and Fighting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Teacher training.
(b) Business school training.
(c) Government worker training.
(d) Nurse training.
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
(b) Extended family group.
(c) Ghost Dancing.
3. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Rez towns.
(b) Redneck towns.
(c) Drunk towns.
(d) Fun towns.
4. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
5. Who says, "Kill 'em all, big and small, nits make lice"?
(a) Colonel Chivington.
(b) Major McDougall.
(c) General Custer.
(d) Spotted Tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
2. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
3. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
4. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
5. There are two major divisions among the Sioux. What are they?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)