Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Fifteen, The Eagle Caged.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Crow Dog call the abuses from the men who worked at the prisons?
(c) Mind torture.
(d) Heavy hate.
2. What incident leads to Mary leaving a week before the siege ends?
(a) Forced to leave by AIM leaders.
(b) Her uncle was killed.
(c) Problems with childbirth.
(d) Baby's health problems.
3. Chapter One is titled "A Woman from He-Dog." What is "He-Dog" and where do you find it?
(a) He-Dog is a play on words revealed in the chapter.
(b) He-Dog is a store on the Pine Ridge reservation.
(c) He-Dog is a reservation community in South Dakota.
(d) He-Dog is the woman's family name.
4. What is an iyeska?
(a) A Native American woman.
(b) Someone who is both white and Native American.
(c) A teenager.
(d) Someone belonging to the Lakota Nation.
5. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
(b) Anna Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe does the late Native American activist, Richard Oakes, belong to?
2. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
3. What tribe does Mary belong to?
4. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
5. According to Chapter Eleven, where does Crow Dog go on Friday, April 5th?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)