|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
(a) Dennis Wilson.
(b) Buddy Lamont.
(c) Morning Star.
(d) Frank Clearwater.
2. What does AIM stand for?
(a) American Indian Movement.
(b) American Indian Mothers.
(c) Association of Indian Moral.
(d) Taking a true AIM against the white society.
3. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
(a) The Kit Foxes.
(b) The Badgers.
(c) The Dog Soliders.
(d) The Strong Hearts.
4. What is the "Red Panther"?
(a) A group of students at the boarding school.
(b) A Native American protest group.
(c) A book.
(d) A student newspaper that the author was involved in.
5. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
(a) All black outfits.
(b) Jeans and denim shirts.
(d) Light blue Day-Glo jumpsuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
2. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
3. Who are the helpless ones, according to Chapter Two?
4. Who is Ira Hayes?
5. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)