|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) Indian Civil Rights Act.
(b) Dawes Act.
(c) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
(d) Indian Reorganization Act.
2. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Wounded Knee.
(c) Washington State.
(d) Capital of South Dakota.
3. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(b) Kansas City.
(c) Rapid City.
4. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
(a) Dennis Banks.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Mary Brave Bird.
(d) Dick Fool Bull.
5. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
(a) Mary's mother.
(c) Annie Mae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wise?
2. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
3. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
4. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
5. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)