|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
(a) Wounded Knee.
(b) St. Francis.
2. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Capital of South Dakota.
(c) Wounded Knee.
(d) Washington State.
3. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Good Thunder.
(c) Yellow Robe.
(d) Kicking Bird.
4. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's a truce symbol.
(b) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
(c) It's a message of anger.
(d) It's a distress call.
5. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
(a) Mary Brave Bird.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Dick Fool Bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
2. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
3. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
4. What does Mary's Grandpa Moore consider a feast?
5. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)