|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Dennis Banks.
(c) Leonard Peltier.
(d) Russell Means.
2. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
(a) A 14-year-old Sioux boy.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) A middle-aged Ojibway woman.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
3. What training does Mary's mother receive for her job?
(a) Government worker training.
(b) Teacher training.
(c) Nurse training.
(d) Business school training.
4. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Grandpa Moore.
(b) School friends raised traditionally.
(c) Crow Dogs.
(d) Her great aunt Mary.
5. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
(a) Wesley Bad Heart Bull.
(b) Barbara Brave Bird.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Russ Fools Bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
2. The Siege at Wounded Kneeis concentrated around three centers: Sacred Heart Church, Gildersleeve Trading Post, and _____.
3. People from what New York tribe join the siege at Wounded Knee for awhile?
4. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
5. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)