|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
(b) Rapid City.
2. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Big Foot.
(d) Kicking Bear.
3. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Pan American Pow Wow.
(b) Trail of Broken Treaties.
(c) Takeover at Alcatraz.
(d) March on Washington.
4. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) South Dakota Public Schools.
(b) The Lakota.
(c) The BIA.
(d) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
5. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
(a) Sweet grass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
2. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
3. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
4. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
5. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)