|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
(d) Rapid City.
2. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
(a) All black outfits.
(b) Light blue Day-Glo jumpsuits.
(c) Jeans and denim shirts.
3. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) Coming to the reservation.
(b) White racism.
(c) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(d) Leaving the reservation.
4. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(a) Mission school.
5. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(b) Rapid City.
(c) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mary when her mother remarries?
2. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
3. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
4. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
5. Chapter Two begins with what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)