|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) The BIA.
(b) South Dakota Public Schools.
(c) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(d) The Lakota.
2. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) White racism.
(b) Coming to the reservation.
(c) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(d) Leaving the reservation.
3. According to Chapter Nine, whose braids does Dick Wilson want to personally cut off?
(a) Leonard Peltier.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
4. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
(a) Baked beans out of a can.
5. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
2. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
3. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
4. Who is Wise?
5. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)