|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
2. What is the "Red Panther"?
(a) A book.
(b) A group of students at the boarding school.
(c) A Native American protest group.
(d) A student newspaper that the author was involved in.
3. What does the only white man's home with heat and running tap water in Pine Ridge become during the siege?
(a) Security office.
(c) Community hall.
4. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Merle Left Hand Bull.
(c) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Dennis Banks.
5. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) Coming to the reservation.
(b) Leaving the reservation.
(c) White racism.
(d) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
2. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
3. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
4. In Chapter Two, what happens to Mary's uncles?
5. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)