|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wise?
(a) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(b) One of the students at the boarding school.
(c) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(d) A reservation friend.
2. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Wallace Black Elk.
(d) Russell Means.
3. What activity is justified as a way of getting a little of their own back?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Stealing cars.
(d) Taking drugs.
4. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
5. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's a message of anger.
(b) It's a truce symbol.
(c) It's a distress call.
(d) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
2. Who is Bob Free at Wounded Knee?
3. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
4. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
5. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)