|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(b) She talked back to a nun.
(c) She held hands with a boy.
(d) She ran away.
2. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
(a) Dennis Albert.
(b) Albert Ellis.
(c) Dick Wilson.
(d) Graham Brave Bull.
3. How does Barbara miscarry her baby at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) Getting into a fight with her mother.
(b) By carrying a heavy pan while working in the kitchen.
(c) Being in a car accident.
(d) Not being able to get to the hospital on time.
4. Where is the Sioux peyote garden located?
(b) Black Hills.
(d) Southern Mexico.
5. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
(b) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
(c) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(d) A Native American Congressman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
2. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
3. The feds at Wounded Knee wear camouflage outfits or _____.
4. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
5. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)