|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
2. Who makes a Wounded Knee patch for Mary's child?
(c) Annie Mae.
(d) Mary's mother.
3. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
(a) Seven weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Eleven days.
(d) Seventy-one days.
4. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
(d) Rapid City.
5. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never tell a lie.
(b) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(c) Never to talk to a white person.
(d) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
Short Answer Questions
1. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
2. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
3. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
4. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
5. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)