|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
(a) An imitation Persian rug.
(b) Asian food while in New York.
2. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota saloons.
(b) South Dakota government buildings.
(c) South Dakota bus stations.
(d) South Dakota department stores.
3. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
(a) Bill Kunstler, a lawyer.
(b) Dennis Banks, an AIM leader.
(c) Lizzy Fast Horse, a grandmother.
(d) Angela Davis, a revolutionary.
4. Who says, "A new world is coming"?
(a) Yellow Robe.
(b) Short Bull.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Sitting Bull.
5. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
(d) Rapid City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does AIM stand for?
2. In Chapter Two, the center of the old Sioux society is tiyospaye. What is tiyospaye?
3. Who is Wise?
4. Who takes Mary to her first peyote meeting?
5. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)