|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "A new world is coming"?
(a) Short Bull.
(b) Yellow Robe.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
2. What does the Crow Dog family join in 1918 or 1920?
(a) Rosebud Reservation.
(b) Native American church.
(c) Medicine men.
(d) Indian rights movement.
3. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
(a) Dennis Wilson.
(b) Morning Star.
(c) Frank Clearwater.
(d) Buddy Lamont.
4. What year is AIM born?
5. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
(b) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
(c) A Native American Congressman.
(d) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
2. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
3. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
4. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
5. What American city does AIM begin in?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)