|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "A new world is coming"?
(a) Yellow Robe.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Short Bull.
2. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
(b) Sun Dance.
(d) Vision quests.
3. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(b) Leaving the reservation.
(c) Coming to the reservation.
(d) White racism.
4. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
(b) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(c) A Native American Congressman.
(d) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
5. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(d) They don't have tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
2. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
3. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
4. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
5. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)