|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(c) White men.
(d) Loss of spirituality.
2. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
(b) Vision quests.
(c) Sun Dance.
3. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Wallace Black Elk.
(c) Merle Left Hand Bull.
(d) Dennis Banks.
4. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
(a) Rip Torn.
(b) Jane Fonda.
(c) Marlon Brando.
(d) Dustin Hoffman.
5. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Redneck towns.
(b) Fun towns.
(c) Drunk towns.
(d) Rez towns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the siege at Wounded Knee last?
2. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
3. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
4. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
5. Why does Mary not want to have her child in a white hospital?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)