|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
(a) Ghost Dance.
(b) Marriage to Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Sun Dance.
(d) Wounded Knee siege.
2. Who starts the Ghost Dance religion?
(a) Kicking Bear.
(b) Big Foot.
(c) Crazy Horse.
3. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(c) Loss of spirituality.
(d) White men.
4. What lunch does Mary eat in Chapter Nine before she notices airplanes flying over?
(d) Baked beans out of a can.
5. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(b) New York.
(d) The Netherlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
2. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
3. Which of the following celebrities is not mentioned as a supporter of AIM?
4. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
5. Who is Wise?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)