|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She held hands with a boy.
(d) She talked back to a nun.
2. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
3. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
(a) Bill Kunstler, a lawyer.
(b) Dennis Banks, an AIM leader.
(c) Angela Davis, a revolutionary.
(d) Lizzy Fast Horse, a grandmother.
4. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
(d) They don't have tea.
5. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(a) St. Francis.
(d) St. Xavier.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
2. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
3. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
4. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
5. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)