|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says that the hoop has not been broken in Chapter Ten?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Wallace Black Elk.
2. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(b) Kansas City.
(d) Rapid City.
3. What is the significance of an upside down flag for Native Americans?
(a) It's a truce symbol.
(b) It's meant to be a sign of disrespect.
(c) It's a distress call.
(d) It's a message of anger.
4. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
(a) Dick Fool Bull.
(b) Mary Brave Bird.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Dennis Banks.
5. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Eight hundred thousand.
(b) Three hundred thousand.
(c) Three million.
(d) Two million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
2. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
3. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
4. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
5. Where is Mary caught shoplifting her second time?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)