|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who repeats, "You must kill the Indian in order to save the man"?
(a) Federal agents.
2. Who is Wise?
(a) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(b) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(c) A reservation friend.
(d) One of the students at the boarding school.
3. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
(a) Never be ashamed of where she came from.
(b) Never to talk to a white person.
(c) Never go into white peoples' homes.
(d) Never tell a lie.
4. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(b) Merle Left Hand Bull.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Dennis Banks.
5. Who says, "You hate those most whom you have injured most"?
(a) Angela Davis, a revolutionary.
(b) Bill Kunstler, a lawyer.
(c) Dennis Banks, an AIM leader.
(d) Lizzy Fast Horse, a grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
2. Where is the Sioux peyote garden located?
3. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
4. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
5. What event takes place on Crow Dog land in late 1972 that the author compares to a rebirth?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)