|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) Indian Reorganization Act.
(b) Dawes Act.
(c) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
(d) Indian Civil Rights Act.
2. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(b) She ran away.
(c) She held hands with a boy.
(d) She talked back to a nun.
3. What does AIM stand for?
(a) American Indian Mothers.
(b) Taking a true AIM against the white society.
(c) American Indian Movement.
(d) Association of Indian Moral.
4. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota department stores.
(b) South Dakota government buildings.
(c) South Dakota bus stations.
(d) South Dakota saloons.
5. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(c) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
(d) A Native American Congressman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
2. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
3. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
4. Who says, "We are the Old Indians, the landlords of this continent, coming to collect the rent"?
5. Chapter Two begins with what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)