|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(a) Rapid City.
(b) Kansas City.
2. What American city does AIM begin in?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) St. Paul.
3. Who is the ex-marine Vietnam vet who is shot through the heart at Wounded Knee?
(a) Morning Star.
(b) Frank Clearwater.
(c) Buddy Lamont.
(d) Dennis Wilson.
4. What does the Crow Dog family join in 1918 or 1920?
(a) Medicine men.
(b) Rosebud Reservation.
(c) Indian rights movement.
(d) Native American church.
5. Who is Ira Hayes?
(a) A Native American Congressman.
(b) A Pima man who won the Congressional Medal of Honor.
(c) One of the protestors in Washington, D.C.
(d) One of the BIA employees who talked to AIM.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Red Panther"?
2. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
3. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
4. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
5. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)