|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(b) Frank Clearwater.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Merle Left Hand Bull.
2. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Ghost Dance song.
(b) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
(c) Cheyenne proverb.
(d) Hopi song.
3. What causes Mary's mother and grandmother to abandon many traditional ways?
(a) Mission school.
4. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
(b) Vision quests.
(d) Sun Dance.
5. Who is Wise?
(a) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(b) One of the students at the boarding school.
(c) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(d) A reservation friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Oglala holy man who dies about 50 years before the second Wounded Knee?
2. What does Mary's grandmother tell her never to do in Chapter Two?
3. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
4. Who is Ira Hayes?
5. Who does Leonard Crow Dog perform spiritual ceremonies with at Wounded Knee?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)