|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event draws groups of Native Americans from all over the country to Washington, D.C.?
(a) Takeover at Alcatraz.
(b) Pan American Pow Wow.
(c) March on Washington.
(d) Trail of Broken Treaties.
2. Who is the main doctor in Chapter Ten?
(a) Wallace Black Elk.
(b) Merle Left Hand Bull.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Frank Clearwater.
3. Who does Mary go to in order to "learn to be Indian"?
(a) Her great aunt Mary.
(b) Grandpa Moore.
(c) School friends raised traditionally.
(d) Crow Dogs.
4. In the old days, where do the heads of households keep ration cards?
(a) In a place of honor in the home.
(b) The heads of households had no ration cards.
(c) In their pocket.
(d) A beaded pouch around the neck.
5. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Two million.
(b) Eight hundred thousand.
(c) Three hundred thousand.
(d) Three million.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
2. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
3. In Chapter Two, what does Mary's family make tea from?
4. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
5. What is the "Red Panther"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)