|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, The Siege; Chapter Ten, The Ghosts Return.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Leonard's great-grandfather hold a Ghost Dance in 1890?
(a) Wounded Knee.
(d) St. Francis.
2. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
(a) An imitation Persian rug.
(b) Asian food while in New York.
3. Chapter Two begins with what?
(a) Hopi song.
(b) Ghost Dance song.
(c) Cheyenne proverb.
(d) Words from a young man from Eagle Butte.
4. In Chapter Two, who raises Mary and her siblings?
5. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota bus stations.
(b) South Dakota department stores.
(c) South Dakota saloons.
(d) South Dakota government buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Five, whose drug of choice is LSD?
2. What is pejuta sapa, mentioned in Chapter Five?
3. How many times does Mary see her birth father by Chapter Two?
4. According to the author, who makes up the AIM song?
5. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)