|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer died for your sins.
(b) Red Power.
(c) Custer had it coming.
(d) Custer was Sioux'd.
2. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(b) St. Francis.
(c) St. Xavier.
3. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) A name isn't given.
(b) Puget Sound Cafe.
(c) Pike Place bar.
(d) Tugboat Cafe.
4. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
(a) Bessie Good Road.
(d) Annie Mae.
5. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Leonard Peltier.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Annie Mae Aquash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
2. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
3. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
4. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
5. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)