|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
(a) By asking in a sweat lodge.
(b) By sending a sacred pipe and tobacco to a medicine man.
(c) By giving offerings to Mother Earth.
(d) By asking at Sun Dance.
2. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Capital of South Dakota.
(b) Wounded Knee.
(c) Washington State.
(d) Washington, D.C.
3. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Jake Aquash.
(c) Nogeeshik Aquash.
(d) Jake Maloney.
4. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
(d) Rapid City.
5. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
(a) She refused to go to Mass because she didn't feel well.
(b) She held hands with a boy.
(c) She ran away.
(d) She talked back to a nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
2. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
3. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
4. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
5. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)