|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wise?
(a) One of the students at the boarding school.
(b) A reservation friend.
(c) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(d) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
2. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
3. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) Dawes Act.
(b) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
(c) Indian Civil Rights Act.
(d) Indian Reorganization Act.
4. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
(a) Dennis Banks.
(b) Annie Mae Aquash.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
5. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) A boy at the school.
(b) A girl in her dorm at school.
(c) A new English teacher/priest.
(d) One of the nuns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
2. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
3. What is Cankpe Opi Wakpala?
4. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
5. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)