|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Annie Mae's mother's name?
(a) Anna Lee.
(b) Mary Ellen.
(c) Ellen Ann.
(d) Anna Maria.
2. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Nogeeshik Aquash.
(c) Jake Maloney.
(d) Jake Aquash.
3. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Spiritual rights.
(b) Political rights.
(c) Economic rights.
(d) Legal rights.
4. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) Leaving the reservation.
(b) Coming to the reservation.
(c) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(d) White racism.
5. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
2. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
3. What is the sacred medicine that was the Creator's gift to the Indian people?
4. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
5. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)