|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(b) New York.
(d) The Netherlands.
2. Who does Mary's sister bail out of jail in Chapter Four?
(a) Poor Bear.
(b) Annie Mae.
(d) Her husband.
3. When is Annie Mae last seen by her friends?
(a) October, 1975.
(b) December, 1975.
(c) November, 1975.
(d) January, 1976.
4. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
(a) The BIA.
(b) The Lakota.
(c) The Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
(d) South Dakota Public Schools.
5. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
2. Why does Mary receive 25 swats with a paddle when she is thirteen?
3. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
4. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
5. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)