|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
(d) Green cedar.
2. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer was Sioux'd.
(b) Custer died for your sins.
(c) Red Power.
(d) Custer had it coming.
3. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
(a) Tugboat Cafe.
(b) A name isn't given.
(c) Puget Sound Cafe.
(d) Pike Place bar.
4. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Frog's legs.
(c) Dog meat.
5. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(a) St. Xavier.
(d) St. Francis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
2. Where is the Sioux peyote garden located?
3. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
4. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
5. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)