|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer died for your sins.
(b) Red Power.
(c) Custer had it coming.
(d) Custer was Sioux'd.
2. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
(a) Pedro Bissonette.
(b) Jancita Eagle Deer.
(c) Byron De Sersa.
(d) Buddy Lamont.
3. How old was Leonard Crow Dog when his spiritual gifts were first noticed?
(a) Five years old.
(b) Fourteen years old.
(c) Eight years old.
(d) Ten years old.
4. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) Indian Reorganization Act.
(b) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
(c) Dawes Act.
(d) Indian Civil Rights Act.
5. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
(a) Annie Mae.
(b) Bessie Good Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
2. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
3. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
4. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
5. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)