|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
(a) Sun Dance.
(b) Vision quests.
2. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Red Power.
(b) Custer died for your sins.
(c) Custer was Sioux'd.
(d) Custer had it coming.
3. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Washington State.
(b) Capital of South Dakota.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Wounded Knee.
4. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Drunk towns.
(b) Rez towns.
(c) Redneck towns.
(d) Fun towns.
5. What is the "Red Panther"?
(a) A student newspaper that the author was involved in.
(b) A Native American protest group.
(c) A group of students at the boarding school.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
2. Who says, "You got to look at things with the eye in your heart"?
3. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
4. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
5. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)