|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the author when she first drinks alcohol?
2. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
(a) Eight hundred thousand.
(b) Two million.
(c) Three million.
(d) Three hundred thousand.
3. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
(a) Jake Maloney.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Nogeeshik Aquash.
(d) Jake Aquash.
4. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Mary Brave Bird.
(c) Russell Means.
(d) Grandpa Fool Bull.
5. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer was Sioux'd.
(b) Custer died for your sins.
(c) Red Power.
(d) Custer had it coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
2. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
3. Who is Wise?
4. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
5. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)