|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
(a) Barbara Brave Bird.
(b) Leonard Crow Dog.
(c) Wesley Bad Heart Bull.
(d) Russ Fools Bull.
2. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Rez towns.
(b) Fun towns.
(c) Redneck towns.
(d) Drunk towns.
3. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
(c) Nova Scotia.
4. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) Coming to the reservation.
(b) Leaving the reservation.
(c) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(d) White racism.
5. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
(a) Mary Brave Bird.
(b) Grandpa Fool Bull.
(c) Leonard Crow Dog.
(d) Russell Means.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
2. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
3. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
4. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
5. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)