|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
(a) Asian food while in New York.
(d) An imitation Persian rug.
2. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
(b) Sun Dance.
(d) Vision quests.
3. Who says, "Revenge yourself with mind power"?
4. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) Leaving the reservation.
(b) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(c) White racism.
(d) Coming to the reservation.
5. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
(c) Rapid City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
2. Why says, "They won't let Indians like me live"?
3. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
4. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
5. Who is Wise?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)