|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
(b) Indian Reorganization Act.
(c) Dawes Act.
(d) Indian Civil Rights Act.
2. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
(a) Graham Brave Bull.
(b) Albert Ellis.
(c) Dick Wilson.
(d) Dennis Albert.
3. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
4. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
(a) A new English teacher/priest.
(b) A boy at the school.
(c) A girl in her dorm at school.
(d) One of the nuns.
5. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
(a) Annie Mae Aquash.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Dennis Banks.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
2. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
3. What does Mary spend $99.99 on in Chapter Eight?
4. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
5. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)