|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) The Netherlands.
(d) New York.
2. What does the Crow Dog family join in 1918 or 1920?
(a) Indian rights movement.
(b) Native American church.
(c) Medicine men.
(d) Rosebud Reservation.
3. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
(a) Vision quests.
(c) Sun Dance.
4. Who is Wise?
(a) One of the students at the boarding school.
(b) A hippie or Yippie from New York.
(c) A boy who was passing through Rosebud.
(d) A reservation friend.
5. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) Indian Reorganization Act.
(b) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
(c) Dawes Act.
(d) Indian Civil Rights Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
2. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
3. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
4. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
5. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)