|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
(a) Redneck towns.
(b) Rez towns.
(c) Drunk towns.
(d) Fun towns.
2. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Russ Fools Bull.
(c) Wesley Bad Heart Bull.
(d) Barbara Brave Bird.
3. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota bus stations.
(b) South Dakota government buildings.
(c) South Dakota saloons.
(d) South Dakota department stores.
4. Who is Ptesan Win?
(a) Grandfather Spirit.
(b) White Buffalo Woman.
(c) Grandmother Earth.
(d) A medicine woman.
5. What ceremony involves the entering of spirits and moving of objects?
(a) Sun Dance.
(b) Ghost Dance.
(c) Healing ceremony.
(d) Yuwipi ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
2. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
3. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
4. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
5. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)