|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Frog's legs.
(b) Dog meat.
2. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
(a) Grandpa Fool Bull.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Mary Brave Bird.
(d) Leonard Crow Dog.
3. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota bus stations.
(b) South Dakota department stores.
(c) South Dakota saloons.
(d) South Dakota government buildings.
4. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
(b) Bessie Good Road.
(d) Annie Mae.
5. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(a) Rapid City.
(b) Kansas City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
2. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
3. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
4. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
5. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)