|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which old warrior society once wore long sashes?
(a) The Kit Foxes.
(b) The Dog Soliders.
(c) The Badgers.
(d) The Strong Hearts.
2. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
(a) South Dakota saloons.
(b) South Dakota government buildings.
(c) South Dakota bus stations.
(d) South Dakota department stores.
3. How many items are on the list on the poster given to Mary's grandfather by missionaries?
4. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
(a) Spiritual rights.
(b) Legal rights.
(c) Political rights.
(d) Economic rights.
5. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
(b) St. Xavier.
(c) St. Francis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
2. What is the name of the Seattle bar on Skid Row that the author mentions in Chapter Four?
3. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
4. What does the author call the towns of Parmelee, St. Francis, and Mission in Chapter Four?
5. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)