|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
(a) Sweat Bath.
(c) Sun Dance.
(d) Ghost Dance.
2. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
(a) Pedro Bissonette.
(b) Buddy Lamont.
(c) Jancita Eagle Deer.
(d) Byron De Sersa.
3. What does Annie Mae cook in Chapter Thirteen?
(a) Dog meat.
(c) Frog's legs.
4. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Capital of South Dakota.
(b) Wounded Knee.
(c) Washington State.
(d) Washington, D.C.
5. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
(b) Nova Scotia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
2. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
3. Who is Wise?
4. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
5. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)