|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Thirteen, the author mentions people involved with Indian Rights who died. Who led the Oglala Sioux Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) and was shot by tribal police?
(a) Jancita Eagle Deer.
(b) Buddy Lamont.
(c) Byron De Sersa.
(d) Pedro Bissonette.
2. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
(a) Russell Means.
(b) Dennis Banks.
(c) Annie Mae Aquash.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
3. Where is Mary in Chapter Four when her husband is beat up and her child is almost hit by a bullet?
(a) Washington State.
(b) Wounded Knee.
(c) Capital of South Dakota.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. What is one of the oldest Sioux rituals using rocks?
(a) Ghost Dance.
(b) Sun Dance.
(d) Sweat Bath.
5. How does one ask for a yuwipi ceremony?
(a) By giving offerings to Mother Earth.
(b) By asking at Sun Dance.
(c) By asking in a sweat lodge.
(d) By sending a sacred pipe and tobacco to a medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sprinkled over hot rocks in Chapter Fourteen?
2. Approximately how many acres are in the Rosebud and Pine Ridge reservations?
3. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
4. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
5. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)