|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
2. Who is accused of shooting and killing two federal officers and later convicted of the crime?
(a) Dennis Banks.
(b) Russell Means.
(c) Annie Mae Aquash.
(d) Leonard Peltier.
3. Who is stabbed by a white man in Chapter Eight?
(a) Leonard Crow Dog.
(b) Russ Fools Bull.
(c) Barbara Brave Bird.
(d) Wesley Bad Heart Bull.
4. When the author leaves Custer in Chapter Eight, what does the bumper sticker on her car say?
(a) Custer had it coming.
(b) Custer was Sioux'd.
(c) Red Power.
(d) Custer died for your sins.
5. What legislation passes in 1934 that focuses on Indian government?
(a) Dawes Act.
(b) American Indian Religious Freedom Act.
(c) Indian Reorganization Act.
(d) Indian Civil Rights Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Four, where are you likely to see a sign that says, "No Indians and Dogs Allowed"?
2. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
3. According to the author in Chapter Seven, what is the movement for Native American rights first a movement about?
4. What man does Annie Mae get close to in the months preceding her death?
5. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)