|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
(c) Sun Dance.
(d) Vision quests.
2. According to the author, what town is considered by many Native Americans to be the most racist town in the U.S.?
(a) Rapid City.
(b) Kansas City.
3. Who is the very corrupt tribal president at Pine Ridge?
(a) Albert Ellis.
(b) Dick Wilson.
(c) Graham Brave Bull.
(d) Dennis Albert.
4. What is Cankpe Opi Wakpala?
(a) A warrior society.
(b) A siege.
(c) Spiritual medicine.
(d) Wounded Knee creek.
5. During the author's first Native American Church meeting as a girl, how many times does she receive the medicine?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Annie Mae first meet people from AIM?
2. Who does Mary give a bloody nose to in Chapter Three?
3. Who tells a judge, "Peyote is my lawyer"?
4. What is the name of the boarding school that the author attends?
5. Who does Annie Mae marry in the Indian way and take the name of?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)