|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirteen, Two Cut-Off Hands; Chapter Fourteen, Cante Ishta - The Eye of the Heart.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Purify them, don't cook them"?
(a) Bessie Good Road.
(d) Annie Mae.
2. Where is the reservation where Annie Mae was born and raised?
(b) Nova Scotia.
3. In Chapter Three, what is the author referring to when she says, "The first shock is always there"?
(a) Leaving the reservation.
(b) White racism.
(c) The effect of Indian boarding schools.
(d) Coming to the reservation.
4. Where are many of the nuns from at the boarding school in Chapter Three?
(a) New York.
(b) The Netherlands.
5. Who or what does the author blame for the "Indian drinking problem"?
(a) Loss of spirituality.
(b) White men.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter Seven, what unites the different Indian nations?
2. What feathers are Henry Crow Dog's fan made of?
3. Who runs the boarding school while Mary attends?
4. In Chapter Seven, who finds the chief peyote?
5. According to a sign in Chapter Eight, what town has "gunsmoke flavor"?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)