* Mary gives birth to son during the second Wounded Knee in 1975.
* Her baby is taken from her as she is thrown in jail afterwards.
* Mary tells of incidents where Indian women suffer at the hands of white men.
* Life for Indian men is difficult with no jobs and no money and some beat the women.
* It is not easy being an Indian woman.
* Mary gives background of her life and family history.
* Mary Brave Bird is a Sioux or Lakota from South Dakota.
* She is a member of the Brule tribe of Lakotas.
* Her grandfather, Fool Bull, was at the first Wounded Knee.
* Most of Mary's family has been "whitemanized."
* When Mary's mother went into labor with Mary, her mother had to be taken ninety miles to the tribal hospital in Pine Ridge due to complications.
* After the birth of her next...
This section contains 2,259 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)