Chapter One, A Woman from He-Dog
• Mary gives birth to son during the second Wounded Knee in 1975.
• Her baby is taken from her as she is thrown in jail afterwards.
• Mary tells of incidents where Indian women suffer at the hands of white men.
• Life for Indian men is difficult with no jobs and no money and some beat the women.
• It is not easy being an Indian woman.
• Mary gives background of her life and family history.
• Mary Brave Bird is a Sioux or Lakota from South Dakota.
• She is a member of the Brule tribe of Lakotas.
• Her grandfather, Fool Bull, was at the first Wounded Knee.
• Most of Mary's family has been "whitemanized."
• When Mary's mother went into labor with Mary, her mother had to be taken ninety miles to the tribal hospital in Pine Ridge due to complications.
• After the birth of her next...
This section contains 2,480 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)