|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Windmere begs his wife:
2. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
3. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
4. What is the truth about Mrs. Erlynne?
5. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay in which you discuss the significance of Lady Erlynne's "explanations" to:
1) the development of her character, 2) her relationship with Augustus, or 3) her relationship with her daughter over the course of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of Lady Windemere's Fan in the play. Write an essay in which you:
1) Discuss the significance of the fan to the development of plot in the play.
2) Discuss the significance of the fan to the development of theme in the play.
3) Discuss the significance of the fan to the relationship between Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the nature of relationships in Wilde's play. Consider one of the following topics:
1) How do current couples compare in behavior and expectation to the couples in Wilde's play?
2) Have marriage relationships and expectations changed since Wilde's play was first published? Why or Why not?
3) How does the play reflect "present" attitudes about relationships between men and women in general?
This section contains 1,464 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)