|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Cecil Graham admire Mrs. Erlynne?
2. Dumby says the youth of the present have no respect for:
3. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
4. Who continues to tease Augustus?
5. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the development of character's motivations and attitudes over the course of the play. Write an essay in which you explore:
1) Lady Windemere as a dynamic character in the play, 2) Lady Windemere as a static character in the play, or 3) any two contrasting characters in the play, identifying one as static, the other as dynamic.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the marriages apparent in Lady Windemere's Fan.
1) Write an essay in which you compare the nature of any two marriages.
2) Write an essay in which you define any marriage in the play as healthy or unhealthy.
3) Write an essay in which you anticipate the success of Lady Erlynne's marriage to Augustus, or Lady Agatha's marriage to Hopper.
Be sure to use examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
What gender roles are apparent in Wilde's play? Write an essay in which you explore:
1) Typical roles for women as they appear in the play, 2) Typical roles for men in the play, or 3) Typical expectations for married couples' behavior in the play.
This section contains 1,438 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)