|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Windemere threaten?
2. Who appears to be asleep during the men's conversation?
3. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
4. What is ironic about Mrs. Erlynne's public disgrace?
5. What does Mrs. Erlynne threaten to do if Windemere reveals her secret?
Essay Topic 1
Consider the character of Lady Agatha in the play. Write an essay in which you discuss:
1) How Lady Agatha's character is revealed through dialogue, 2) How Lady Agatha's character is revealed through others' responses to her, or 3) How Lady Agatha's character is revealed through her interests as they are referred to by the Duchess of Berwick.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the marriages apparent in Lady Windemere's Fan.
1) Write an essay in which you compare the nature of any two marriages.
2) Write an essay in which you define any marriage in the play as healthy or unhealthy.
3) Write an essay in which you anticipate the success of Lady Erlynne's marriage to Augustus, or Lady Agatha's marriage to Hopper.
Be sure to use examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Consider Lord Darlington's statement that "[he] can resist anything but temptation." Write an essay in which you explore:
1) the statement's significance to the characterization of Lord Darlington
2) The statement's effect on Lady Windemere and her later actions
3) The statement's relevance to the events of the message of the play.
This section contains 1,463 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)