|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers there must be a woman in Lord Darlington's rooms?
2. Cecil Graham says he is interested in Augustus and Mrs. Erlynne because:
3. Who continues to tease Augustus?
4. Lady Windemere claims that people do not rule life, but rather:
5. What is Lady Windemere doing at the start of the act?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters exhibit hypocrisy in the play? Write an essay in which you explore hypocrisy on the part of:
1) Lady Windemere, 2) Mrs. Erlynne, or 3) The Duchess of Berwick.
Or, write an essay in which you explore the hypocrisy in any male character's behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the development of Wilde's plot over the course of the play. Then write an essay in which you:
1) Identify one of the acts as the most significant to the development of theme in the play.
2) Identify one of the acts as the most significant to the development of characters in the play.
3) Rank the four acts in order of general importance to the plot of the play.
Use examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the character of Lady Agatha in the play. Write an essay in which you discuss:
1) How Lady Agatha's character is revealed through dialogue, 2) How Lady Agatha's character is revealed through others' responses to her, or 3) How Lady Agatha's character is revealed through her interests as they are referred to by the Duchess of Berwick.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)