|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Augustus overlooks rumors of Mrs. Erlynne's affairs because:
2. If Lady Windemere will return to her husband, Mrs. Erlynne promises:
3. What is the truth about Mrs. Erlynne?
4. Dumby asks Augustus about Mrs. Erlynne's:
5. What does Windemere suggest will make Lady Windemere feel better?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Considering the motif of "good" and "bad" in Wilde's play, write an essay in which you discuss:
1) Which characters are "good" or "bad" women, 2) Which characters are "good" or "bad" men, or 3) Which characters cannot be do not qualify as either "good" or "bad."
Essay Topic 2
Consider the motif of loyalty explored in the play. Write an essay in which you:
1) Define at least three characters as loyal or disloyal, 2) Explore Wilde's message about loyalty in the play, or 3) Explore one character's actions and describe them as either loyal or disloyal.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the role of parenting in the play. Write an essay in which you:
1) Compare and contrast Lady Erlynne to the Duchess of Berwick in their roles as mothers.
2) Evaluate the efficacy of any parent in the play.
3) Consider Wilde's attitude toward the importance of parenting as it is developed throughout the play.
Use examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)