|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mrs. Erlynne's long speech, Lady Windemere begs:
2. Mrs. Erlynne claims it is not repentance that consoles one, but:
3. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
4. What made Cecil Graham admire Mrs. Erlynne?
5. Lady Windemere claims she will not return to her husband because:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters exhibit hypocrisy in the play? Write an essay in which you explore hypocrisy on the part of:
1) Lady Windemere, 2) Mrs. Erlynne, or 3) The Duchess of Berwick.
Or, write an essay in which you explore the hypocrisy in any male character's behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you discuss the significance of Lady Erlynne's "explanations" to:
1) the development of her character, 2) her relationship with Augustus, or 3) her relationship with her daughter over the course of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the development of character's motivations and attitudes over the course of the play. Write an essay in which you explore:
1) Lady Windemere as a dynamic character in the play, 2) Lady Windemere as a static character in the play, or 3) any two contrasting characters in the play, identifying one as static, the other as dynamic.
This section contains 1,453 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)