|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 3 take place?
2. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
3. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
4. Lady Windemere thinks that Mrs. Erlynne is there because:
5. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which characters exhibit hypocrisy in the play? Write an essay in which you explore hypocrisy on the part of:
1) Lady Windemere, 2) Mrs. Erlynne, or 3) The Duchess of Berwick.
Or, write an essay in which you explore the hypocrisy in any male character's behavior.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of parenting in the play. Write an essay in which you:
1) Compare and contrast Lady Erlynne to the Duchess of Berwick in their roles as mothers.
2) Evaluate the efficacy of any parent in the play.
3) Consider Wilde's attitude toward the importance of parenting as it is developed throughout the play.
Use examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the role of Lady Windemere's Fan in the play. Write an essay in which you:
1) Discuss the significance of the fan to the development of plot in the play.
2) Discuss the significance of the fan to the development of theme in the play.
3) Discuss the significance of the fan to the relationship between Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)