Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
2. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
3. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
4. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
5. Why does Lady Windemere regret her decision to go to Darlington's house?
Essay Topic 1
Wilde's play considers many societal rules as it progresses. Write an essay in which you:
1) Identify three societal rules apparent in Lady Windemere's Fan, and discuss their significance to the play.
2) Discuss Wilde's message about societal rules as the play progresses.
3) Identify three societal rules apparent in the play that are or are not still applicable today.
Be sure to use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of character foils in Lady Windemere's Fan. Write an essay considering one of the following questions:
1) How do the character foils influence the events of the plot?
2) How do Lord Windemere and Lord Darlington function as character foils for one another?
3) Are Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne truly character foils? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Consider the development of character's motivations and attitudes over the course of the play. Write an essay in which you explore:
1) Lady Windemere as a dynamic character in the play, 2) Lady Windemere as a static character in the play, or 3) any two contrasting characters in the play, identifying one as static, the other as dynamic.
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)