|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
2. Augustus believes Mrs. Erlynne will marry him despite:
3. No matter what Lady Windemere suffers, Lady Erlynne claims:
4. Lady Windemere fears Mrs. Erlynne will:
5. What makes the men think Darlington has a woman in his rooms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the development of Wilde's plot over the course of the play. Then write an essay in which you:
1) Identify one of the acts as the most significant to the development of theme in the play.
2) Identify one of the acts as the most significant to the development of characters in the play.
3) Rank the four acts in order of general importance to the plot of the play.
Use examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role gossip plays in the development of plot in Lady Windemere's Fan. Then write an essay in which you:
1) Discuss the significance of gossip to the events of the four acts, 2) Explore Wilde's message about gossip, referring to specific incidents in the play, or 3) Identify three examples of gossip in the play that directly relate to the development of the plot.
Essay Topic 3
Wilde's play considers many societal rules as it progresses. Write an essay in which you:
1) Identify three societal rules apparent in Lady Windemere's Fan, and discuss their significance to the play.
2) Discuss Wilde's message about societal rules as the play progresses.
3) Identify three societal rules apparent in the play that are or are not still applicable today.
Be sure to use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)