|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dumby consider a woman who understands one a dangerous thing?
2. Lady Windemere fears Mrs. Erlynne will:
3. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne threaten to do if Windemere reveals her secret?
5. What, according to Mrs. Erlynne, is better than ideals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Considering the motif of "good" and "bad" in Wilde's play, write an essay in which you discuss:
1) Which characters are "good" or "bad" women, 2) Which characters are "good" or "bad" men, or 3) Which characters cannot be do not qualify as either "good" or "bad."
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay in which you discuss the significance of Lady Erlynne's "explanations" to:
1) the development of her character, 2) her relationship with Augustus, or 3) her relationship with her daughter over the course of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you explore the nature of relationships in Wilde's play. Consider one of the following topics:
1) How do current couples compare in behavior and expectation to the couples in Wilde's play?
2) Have marriage relationships and expectations changed since Wilde's play was first published? Why or Why not?
3) How does the play reflect "present" attitudes about relationships between men and women in general?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)