|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
2. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
3. Who is the one person Lady Windemere must see before she leaves town?
4. How does Lady Erlynne know where to find Lady Windemere?
5. Who discovers there must be a woman in Lord Darlington's rooms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Consider Lord Darlington's statement that "[he] can resist anything but temptation." Write an essay in which you explore: 1) the statement's significance to the characterization of Lord Darlington 2) The statement's effect on Lady Windemere and her later actions 3) The statement's relevance to the events of the message of the play.
Essay Topic 2Consider the role of character foils in Lady Windemere's Fan. Write an essay considering one of the following questions: 1) How do the character foils influence the events of the plot? OR 2) How do Lord Windemere and Lord Darlington function as character foils for one another? OR 3) Are Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne truly character foils? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3Considering the motif of "good" and "bad" in Wilde's play, write an essay in which you discuss: 1) Which characters are "good" or "bad" women, 2) Which characters are "good" or "bad" men, or 3) Which characters cannot be do not qualify as either "good" or "bad."
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)