Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
2. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
3. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
4. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
5. Why does Lady Windemere regret her decision to go to Darlington's house?
Characters in Wilde's play might be defined as selfless and selfish at different times. Write an essay in which you:
1) Define any character as essentially selfless or selfish in the play, 2) Determine Wilde's message about selfless and selfish behavior in the play, or 3) Compare and contrast any two characters in the play, identifying one as selfish and the other as selfless. Be sure to use the text to support your argument.
What gender roles are apparent in Wilde's play? Write an essay in which you explore:
1) Typical roles for women as they appear in the play, 2) Typical roles for men in the play, or 3) Typical expectations for married couples' behavior in the play.
Consider the role of Lady Windemere's Fan in the play. Write an essay in which you:
1) Discuss the significance of the fan to the development of plot in the play.
2) Discuss the significance of the fan to the development of theme in the play.
3) Discuss the significance of the fan to the relationship between Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)