|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
2. Before she leaves, Mrs. Erlynne asks for:
3. Who continues to tease Augustus?
4. Lady Windemere begins to tell her husband the truth about the previous night because:
5. What did Windemere do in the morning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters in Wilde's play might be defined as selfless and selfish at different times. Write an essay in which you:
1) Define any character as essentially selfless or selfish in the play, 2) Determine Wilde's message about selfless and selfish behavior in the play, or 3) Compare and contrast any two characters in the play, identifying one as selfish and the other as selfless. Be sure to use the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the development of Wilde's plot over the course of the play. Then write an essay in which you:
1) Identify one of the acts as the most significant to the development of theme in the play.
2) Identify one of the acts as the most significant to the development of characters in the play.
3) Rank the four acts in order of general importance to the plot of the play.
Use examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Wilde's play includes many supporting characters. Write an essay in which you:
1) Explain the significance of any supporting character to the development of Wilde's theme.
2) Rank three supporting characters in order of their relevance to plot development.
3) Explore the characterization of Cecil Graham, Lord Augustus, or Lady Plymdale, and explain the contribution the character makes to the events of the play.
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)