|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cecil Graham admire aloud?
2. What is ironic about Mrs. Erlynne's public disgrace?
3. Lady Windemere claims she will not return to her husband because:
4. Where is Mrs. Erlynne going?
5. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the role of Lady Windemere's Fan in the play. Write an essay in which you:
1) Discuss the significance of the fan to the development of plot in the play.
2) Discuss the significance of the fan to the development of theme in the play.
3) Discuss the significance of the fan to the relationship between Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne.
Essay Topic 2
Considering the motif of "good" and "bad" in Wilde's play, write an essay in which you discuss:
1) Which characters are "good" or "bad" women, 2) Which characters are "good" or "bad" men, or 3) Which characters cannot be do not qualify as either "good" or "bad."
Essay Topic 3
Consider the development of Wilde's plot over the course of the play. Then write an essay in which you:
1) Identify one of the acts as the most significant to the development of theme in the play.
2) Identify one of the acts as the most significant to the development of characters in the play.
3) Rank the four acts in order of general importance to the plot of the play.
Use examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)