Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
2. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
3. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
4. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
5. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
Short Essay Questions
1. What truth has Lady Windemere discovered about her husband and Mrs. Erlynne?
2. Why does Lady Windemere think her husband has arrived at Darlington's?
3. Why does Lady Windemere warn Darlington about his flattering statements?
4. Why does Lady Plymdale claim Lord Windemere should not spend too much time talking to his wife?
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne ask Windemere for money?
6. What does Lady Windemere discover about the photograph of herself with her son, and why is it significant?
7. What reasons does the Duchess have for fearing or disliking Lady Erlynne?
8. Why is the Duchess so interested in Lady Agatha's dance card?
9. What is Mrs. Erlynne's opinion of the party guests?
10. Why does Lady Windemere plan to accept Lord Darlington's declaration of love?
What gender roles are apparent in Wilde's play? Write an essay in which you explore:
1) Typical roles for women as they appear in the play, 2) Typical roles for men in the play, or 3) Typical expectations for married couples' behavior in the play.
Consider Lord Darlington's statement that "[he] can resist anything but temptation." Write an essay in which you explore:
1) the statement's significance to the characterization of Lord Darlington
2) The statement's effect on Lady Windemere and her later actions
3) The statement's relevance to the events of the message of the play.
Consider the role of character foils in Lady Windemere's Fan. Write an essay considering one of the following questions:
1) How do the character foils influence the events of the plot?
2) How do Lord Windemere and Lord Darlington function as character foils for one another?
3) Are Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne truly character foils? Why or why not?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)