|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second reason Mrs. Erlynne plans to visit Lady Windemere?
(a) To confront Lord Windemere.
(b) To say goodbye.
(c) To beg forgiveness.
(d) To tell her the truth.
2. Why does Windemere want to see Mrs. Erlynne before his wife does?
(a) He wants to protect his wife from the "truth" about her mother.
(b) He wants to protect Mrs. Erlynne from his wife's revenge.
(c) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from marrying Augustus.
(d) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from entering society.
3. Why is Mrs. Erlynne disgraced before everyone?
(a) She is penniless.
(b) She is not Lady Windemere's mother.
(c) She was found in a man's rooms after leaving the party.
(d) She was married once before.
4. No matter what Lady Windemere suffers, Lady Erlynne claims:
(a) She must stay with her son.
(b) She must love her husband.
(c) She must leave Darlington.
(d) She must leave immediately.
5. Just as Lady Windemere attempts to tell her husband the truth:
(a) Parker announces Mrs. Erlynne has come to call.
(b) Parker announces Augustus has come to call.
(c) Parker announces the Duchess has come to call.
(d) Parker announces Lord Darlington has come to call.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Cecil Graham admire Mrs. Erlynne?
2. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
3. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
4. Lady Windemere thinks that Mrs. Erlynne is there because:
5. Lady Windemere claims that people do not rule life, but rather:
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)