|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dumby consider a woman who understands one a dangerous thing?
(a) Because one will never be able to hide anything.
(b) Because they will always end up marrying one.
(c) Because one will never be entirely happy.
(d) Because one will always have to explain themselves.
2. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
(a) Asking him to get her carriage.
(b) Asking him to carry her fan.
(c) Asking him to escort her out of England.
(d) Asking him to carry her cloak.
3. Where is Mrs. Erlynne going?
(a) To live abroad.
(b) Back to England.
(c) To live with Augustus.
(d) Back to America.
4. Dumby asks Augustus about Mrs. Erlynne's:
(a) Past marriages.
5. What has Lady Windemere learned about temptation?
(a) That she is above such trivial things.
(b) That she is as vulnerable to it as everyone else.
(c) That she is irreproachable on the subject.
(d) That she can never forgive those who give in to temptation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne claims she knows what it is to be:
2. What is Lady Windemere doing at the start of the act?
3. Augustus believes Mrs. Erlynne will marry him despite:
4. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
5. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)