|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustus overlooks rumors of Mrs. Erlynne's affairs because:
(a) She begs him for forgiveness.
(b) She denies everything.
(c) She is too beautiful for him to be angry.
(d) She explains everything.
2. What did Windemere do in the morning?
(a) Gave Mrs. Erlynne Lady Windemere's fan.
(b) Knocked at Lady Windemere's door.
(c) Wrote Lady Windemere a letter.
(d) Left the house for work.
3. Why does Lord Windemere believe Mrs. Erlynne has returned to find her daughter?
(a) She learned her daughter had run away with another man.
(b) She learned her daughter knew she was alive.
(c) She learned her daughter had married a rich man.
(d) She learned her daughter had a son.
4. Why does Lady Windemere regret her decision to go to Darlington's house?
(a) She regrets leaving her child.
(b) She regrets repeating her mother's mistakes.
(c) She does not want her husband to punish her.
(d) She still loves her husband and wants to return to him.
5. How does Darlington occupy himself while the others are talking?
(a) He writes a few letters.
(b) He tries to occupy Lord Windemere.
(c) He smokes cigars.
(d) He looks for Lady Windemere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Lady Windemere attempts to tell her husband the truth:
2. Lady Windemere describes the roses in the garden at Selby as:
3. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
4. Dumby says the youth of the present have no respect for:
5. What does Mrs. Erlynne threaten to do if Windemere reveals her secret?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)