|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne share?
(a) Their first name, Mary.
(b) Their middle name, Mary.
(c) Their middle name, Margaret.
(d) Their first name, Margaret.
2. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They hear Windemere searching the house.
(b) They hear the men returning.
(c) They hear Lord Darlington sobbing.
(d) They hear Windemere and Darlington fighting.
3. According to Mrs. Erlynne, love is:
(a) For fools.
(b) Only an illusion.
(c) Frequently short-lived.
(d) Easily killed.
4. Why does Lady Windemere wish to see Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) Because Mrs. Erlynne still has her fan.
(b) Because Mrs. Erlynne knows the truth about her.
(c) Because Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(d) Because Mrs. Erlynne was kind to her.
5. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
(a) He is sick of the public disgrace.
(b) He is sick of the women chasing him for his money.
(c) He is sick of the society, the climate, and everything else.
(d) He is homesick for South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Augustus believes Mrs. Erlynne will marry him despite:
2. What does Mrs. Erlynne claim to dislike about London?
3. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
4. Who is Lady Windemere talking to at the start of Act 4?
5. Mrs. Erlynne claims she knows what it is to be:
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)