|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second reason Mrs. Erlynne plans to visit Lady Windemere?
(a) To confront Lord Windemere.
(b) To tell her the truth.
(c) To beg forgiveness.
(d) To say goodbye.
2. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
(a) He would have apologized for the affair.
(b) He would have come for her, having read her letter.
(c) He would have thrown Mrs. Erlynne out of the house.
(d) He would have challenged Darlington to a duel.
3. When Lady Windemere hears the men's voices, she cries:
(a) Save me!
(b) Don't go without me!
(c) I will face them!
(d) They will find me!
4. What name do Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne share?
(a) Their middle name, Margaret.
(b) Their first name, Mary.
(c) Their first name, Margaret.
(d) Their middle name, Mary.
5. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
(b) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(c) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
(d) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
2. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
3. Why does Dumby consider a woman who understands one a dangerous thing?
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne claim to dislike about London?
5. Who appears to be asleep during the men's conversation?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)