|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
(a) Because she knows she will let her daughter down.
(b) Because she fears Augustus will find her there.
(c) Because she fears Windemere will find her there.
(d) Because she knows she has ruined her chances with Lord Windemere.
2. What is the second reason Mrs. Erlynne plans to visit Lady Windemere?
(a) To confront Lord Windemere.
(b) To tell her the truth.
(c) To say goodbye.
(d) To beg forgiveness.
3. Augustus overlooks rumors of Mrs. Erlynne's affairs because:
(a) She is too beautiful for him to be angry.
(b) She begs him for forgiveness.
(c) She explains everything.
(d) She denies everything.
4. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) Augustus wants Windemere to find his wife's fan.
(b) Augustus wants Darlington to have time to escape with Lady Windemere.
(c) Windemere is still too angry at his wife to behave himself.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne has asked Augustus to detain Windemere as long as possible.
5. What admonishment does Mrs. Erlynne give Lord Windemere?
(a) Manners before morals.
(b) Age before beauty.
(c) Mortals before gods.
(d) Morals before marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cecil Graham admire aloud?
2. What has Rosalie been searching for?
3. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
4. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
5. Mrs. Erlynne claims it is not repentance that consoles one, but:
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)