|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere does not believe that the letter destroyed:
(a) Was actually her letter.
(b) Was in her handwriting.
(c) Was actually thrown into the fire.
(d) Was not shown to her husband.
2. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
(a) Because she knows she has ruined her chances with Lord Windemere.
(b) Because she knows she will let her daughter down.
(c) Because she fears Augustus will find her there.
(d) Because she fears Windemere will find her there.
3. Dumby says the youth of the present have no respect for:
(b) Dyed hair.
4. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
(b) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(c) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
(d) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
5. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
(a) Her pride is wounded because she still believes her husband has had an affair.
(b) Her pride is wounded because her mother has abandoned her.
(c) She knows Mrs. Erlynne wants Darlington for herself.
(d) She knows Mrs. Erlynne is trying to trick her into making a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Windemere do in the morning?
2. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
3. What is Augustus' reaction to Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Lord Darlington's rooms?
4. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
5. What makes the men think Darlington has a woman in his rooms?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)