|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
(a) Her pride is wounded because she still believes her husband has had an affair.
(b) She knows Mrs. Erlynne is trying to trick her into making a mistake.
(c) She knows Mrs. Erlynne wants Darlington for herself.
(d) Her pride is wounded because her mother has abandoned her.
2. Mrs. Erlynne claims she knows what it is to be:
(a) A leper.
(b) A whore.
(c) An outcast.
(d) A dog.
3. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
(a) Because he thinks she had an affair with Windemere.
(b) Because he thinks she is marrying Windemere for his money.
(c) Because he thinks she had an affair with Augustus.
(d) Because he thinks she is marrying Augustus for his money.
4. If Lady Windemere will return to her husband, Mrs. Erlynne promises:
(a) Never to communicate with him again.
(b) Marry Augustus and leave town.
(c) Never to reveal her affair with Darlington.
(d) To be better mother to her daughter.
5. Augustus forgives Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) She has confessed everything.
(b) She has explained everything.
(c) She has denied everything.
(d) She has forgiven him everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Erlynne going?
2. What has Lady Windemere learned about temptation?
3. Cecil Graham says he is interested in Augustus and Mrs. Erlynne because:
4. What illusion did Mrs. Erlynne lose the previous night?
5. Lady Windemere does not believe that the letter destroyed:
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)