Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) Augustus wants Darlington to have time to escape with Lady Windemere.
(b) Augustus wants Windemere to find his wife's fan.
(c) Windemere is still too angry at his wife to behave himself.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne has asked Augustus to detain Windemere as long as possible.
2. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
(a) He is homesick for South America.
(b) He is sick of the women chasing him for his money.
(c) He is sick of the public disgrace.
(d) He is sick of the society, the climate, and everything else.
3. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
(a) He assumes his wife is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(b) He assumes Mrs. Erlynne is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(c) He assumes his wife has found out about his affair.
(d) He assumes his wife has gone home to rest.
4. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
(a) She claims she has come to seek revenge.
(b) She claims she has come to see her daughter.
(c) She claims she has come to apologize.
(d) She claims she has come to return the fan.
5. Why does Lady Windemere regret her decision to go to Darlington's house?
(a) She does not want her husband to punish her.
(b) She regrets repeating her mother's mistakes.
(c) She regrets leaving her child.
(d) She still loves her husband and wants to return to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 3 take place?
2. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
3. What does Lady Windemere threaten?
4. Who is the one person Lady Windemere must see before she leaves town?
5. How does Darlington occupy himself while the others are talking?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)