|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before she leaves, Mrs. Erlynne asks for:
(a) Lady Windemere's approval.
(b) Lady Windemere's cloak.
(c) Lady Windemere's blessing.
(d) Lady Windemere's fan.
2. Why does Windemere want to see Mrs. Erlynne before his wife does?
(a) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from entering society.
(b) He wants to protect his wife from the "truth" about her mother.
(c) He wants to protect Mrs. Erlynne from his wife's revenge.
(d) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from marrying Augustus.
3. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
(a) Asking him to escort her out of England.
(b) Asking him to carry her cloak.
(c) Asking him to carry her fan.
(d) Asking him to get her carriage.
4. Lady Windemere fears Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) Tell Augustus the truth to save herself.
(b) Tell Windemere a lie to save them both.
(c) Leave town with no explanation.
(d) Tell Windemere the truth to save her own happiness.
5. Just as Lady Windemere attempts to tell her husband the truth:
(a) Parker announces the Duchess has come to call.
(b) Parker announces Lord Darlington has come to call.
(c) Parker announces Mrs. Erlynne has come to call.
(d) Parker announces Augustus has come to call.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lady Windemere hears the men's voices, she cries:
2. What name do Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne share?
3. What made Cecil Graham admire Mrs. Erlynne?
4. What illusion did Mrs. Erlynne lose the previous night?
5. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)