|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
(a) She tells him it is a check.
(b) She tells him it is only an address.
(c) She tells him it is a refusal to Augustus' marriage proposal.
(d) She tells him it is a letter he should never read.
2. Mrs. Erlynne wants to be introduced to the women at the party so that:
(a) She can find out who her daughter is.
(b) She will be accepted into society.
(c) People will know she is not having an affair with Windemere.
(d) She will have someone to talk to.
3. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
(a) Writes her husband a letter.
(b) Has a glass of wine.
(c) Writes Mrs. Erlynne a letter.
(d) Breaks her fan in half.
4. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
(a) Lord Darlington refuses her marriage proposal.
(b) Lord Darlington calls her a coward.
(c) Lord Darlington declares his love for her.
(d) Lord Darlington confesses his affair with Mrs. Erlynne.
5. The Duchess plans to thwart:
(a) Hopper and Agatha's affair.
(b) Hopper and Agatha's living in Australia.
(c) Hopper and Agatha's next dance.
(d) Hopper and Agatha's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
2. What nickname does Cecil Graham use for Augustus?
3. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
4. Lady Windemere's first name is:
5. Almost every guest at the party exhibits some form of:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might Lady Windemere announce that she is available to all visitors when Parker tells her Darlington has come to call?
2. Why do the men tease Augustus?
3. What do all the men assume about Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Darlington's rooms?
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne say Windemere probably wishes her to do?
5. What does Mrs. Erlynne have to say about the fogs of London, and what does she mean?
6. What truth has Lady Windemere discovered about her husband and Mrs. Erlynne?
7. What has Lady Windmere discovered about good and bad people?
8. What concerns the Duchess about Hopper's proposal to her daughter?
9. Why does Mrs. Erlynne threaten to make her name infamous if Windemere reveals her identity?
10. What is the Duchess' attitude about marital infidelity on the part of men?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)