Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
(a) Condemn her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(b) Be horrified by Lord Windemere's behavior.
(c) Join with her in refusing to accept Mrs. Erlynne in society.
(d) Applaud her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
2. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
(a) She tells him it is a refusal to Augustus' marriage proposal.
(b) She tells him it is a check.
(c) She tells him it is a letter he should never read.
(d) She tells him it is only an address.
3. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) End their marriage.
(b) Destroy their chance of being accepted by Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Ruin Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Ruin them.
4. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
(a) Hopper has left Agatha for Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Hopper has proposed to Agatha.
(c) Hopper will leave for Australia since Agatha will not marry him.
(d) Their affair has been found out.
5. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
(b) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(c) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
(d) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1 take place?
2. The Duchess carefully edits:
3. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
4. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
5. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
Short Essay Questions
1. What truth has Lady Windemere discovered about her husband and Mrs. Erlynne?
2. Why does Lady Windemere think her husband has arrived at Darlington's?
3. Why does Lady Windemere warn Darlington about his flattering statements?
4. Why does Lady Plymdale claim Lord Windemere should not spend too much time talking to his wife?
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne ask Windemere for money?
6. What does Lady Windemere discover about the photograph of herself with her son, and why is it significant?
7. What reasons does the Duchess have for fearing or disliking Lady Erlynne?
8. Why is the Duchess so interested in Lady Agatha's dance card?
9. What is Mrs. Erlynne's opinion of the party guests?
10. Why does Lady Windemere plan to accept Lord Darlington's declaration of love?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)