|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
(a) She reads it.
(b) She throws it off the terrace.
(c) She brings it to Lord Windemere.
(d) She tears it up.
2. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
3. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Lord Darlington.
(d) Lady Windemere.
4. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
(a) She will throw it into the fire.
(b) She will strike Mrs. Erlynne across the face with it.
(c) She will strike Lord Windemere in the face with it.
(d) She will sell it on the street.
5. Lady Windemere's first name is:
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Augustus describes Cecil Graham as:
2. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
3. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
4. Lady Windemere:
5. What is occurring at the start of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Dumby's opening remarks reveal about his character?
2. What truth has Lady Windemere discovered about her husband and Mrs. Erlynne?
3. How is Mrs. Erlynne able to control Lord Windemere?
4. Why does Darlington plan to leave England?
5. Why is Mrs. Erlynne so upset about her daughter's letter?
6. Why does Mrs. Erlynne ask Windemere for money?
7. What does Mrs. Erlynne say Windemere probably wishes her to do?
8. Why do the men appear to admire Mrs. Erlynne?
9. Why might Lady Windemere announce that she is available to all visitors when Parker tells her Darlington has come to call?
10. Why does Lady Windemere warn Darlington about his flattering statements?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)