|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Darlington believes people are either:
(a) Good or bad.
(b) Striking or common.
(c) Charming or tedious.
(d) Honest or dishonest.
2. The Duchess plans to thwart:
(a) Hopper and Agatha's living in Australia.
(b) Hopper and Agatha's next dance.
(c) Hopper and Agatha's affair.
(d) Hopper and Agatha's wedding.
3. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
(a) She throws it off the terrace.
(b) She tears it up.
(c) She reads it.
(d) She brings it to Lord Windemere.
4. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
(a) She suspects Lord Windemere of having an affair with Lady Jedburgh.
(b) She learns that Lord Windemere will be present.
(c) She learns that Mrs. Erlynne will be present.
(d) She learns that Darlington will be present.
5. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Lady Windemere.
(d) Lord Darlington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost every guest at the party exhibits some form of:
2. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
3. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
4. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
5. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dumby's attitude about marriage?
2. How does Lady Windemere describe her feelings now that she is at Darlington's house?
3. Why did Lord Windemere give Mrs. Erlynne money, according to her?
4. What has Lady Windmere discovered about good and bad people?
5. Why does Lady Windemere plan to accept Lord Darlington's declaration of love?
6. Describe the Duchess of Berwick's character.
7. Why, according to Mrs. Erlynne, should Lady Windemere stay with her husband no matter what she suffers?
8. Why does Lord Windemere insist that Mrs. Erlynne receive an invitation to the ball?
9. Why does Windemere say he wishes Mrs. Erlynne would have revealed her secret?
10. What does Mrs. Erlynne say Windemere probably wishes her to do?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)