|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
(a) Pretend to admire her.
(b) Treat her kindly.
(c) Forbid her to enter.
(d) Insult her.
2. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
(a) She suspects Lord Windemere of having an affair with Lady Jedburgh.
(b) She learns that Mrs. Erlynne will be present.
(c) She learns that Darlington will be present.
(d) She learns that Lord Windemere will be present.
3. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She decides to forget the whole episode.
(b) She decides to confront her husband.
(c) She decides to run away with Lord Darlington.
(d) She decides to publicly shame Mrs. Erlynne.
4. The Duchess carefully edits:
(a) Lady Windemere's letter to her husband.
(b) Agatha's dance card.
(c) Lady Windemere's guest list.
(d) Hopper's proposal to Agatha.
5. Lady Agatha is:
(a) The Duchess of Berwick's daughter.
(b) Lord Darlington's daughter.
(c) Lady Windemere's daughter.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
2. Lord Darlington believes people are either:
3. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
4. Augustus asks:
5. Why doesn't Lord Windemere want to talk to Mrs. Erlynne about money at the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what condition is Lord Darlington allowed to attend the ball at the Windemeres'?
2. What is Lady Erlynne's plan for "saving" her daughter at the end of Act 2?
3. Why does Lady Windemere think her husband has arrived at Darlington's?
4. Why does Lord Darlington suggest that Lady Windemere may need a friend some day?
5. What does Lady Windmere fear at the start of the scene?
6. What concerns the Duchess about Hopper's proposal to her daughter?
7. How does Mrs. Erlynne know what Lady Windemere would face if she left her husband?
8. How would Lady Windemere create a scandal for her husband?
9. Why does Mrs. Windemere want a photograph of Lady Windemere?
10. What suggestion does the Duchess have for Lady Windemere's problem with her husband?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)