|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
(a) She needs Windemere to encourage Augustus to propose.
(b) She needs money to get out of town.
(c) She needs Windemere to walk her down the aisle.
(d) She needs money for the marriage settlement.
2. When Mrs. Erlynne reads her daughter's letter, she asks:
(a) How can I gain my child's trust?
(b) How can I save my child?
(c) How can I find her at this late hour?
(d) How can I face my child now?
3. Lady Agatha is:
(a) The Duchess of Berwick's daughter.
(b) Lord Darlington's daughter.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne's daughter.
(d) Lady Windemere's daughter.
4. Lord Augustus is to call on Mrs. Erlynne in order to:
(a) Turn her down.
(c) Discourage her interest in Windemere.
(d) Drive her out of town.
5. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
(b) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
(c) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(d) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
2. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
3. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
4. Lady Windemere:
5. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lord Windemere give Mrs. Erlynne money, according to her?
2. What has Lady Windmere discovered about good and bad people?
3. Why do the men appear to admire Mrs. Erlynne?
4. What does the Windemere's conversation about men and women reveal about Lady Windemere's opinion of men?
5. How does Lady Windemere describe her feelings now that she is at Darlington's house?
6. What concerns the Duchess about Hopper's proposal to her daughter?
7. Describe the relationship between the Duchess and her daughter Agatha.
8. Why does Lord Darlington claim he talks trivially?
9. Why does Windemere call Mrs. Erlynne a dangerous woman?
10. Describe the relationship between Cecil Graham and Lord Augustus.
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)