|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustus asks:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne is interested in Lady Windemere.
(b) What reward he will receive for helping Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne has read Lady Windemere's letter.
(d) What is the purpose of Mrs. Erlynne's errand.
2. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
3. Who enters looking for Lady Windemere?
(a) Lord Windemere.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lady Plymdale.
(d) Lord Darlington.
4. Augustus is:
(a) Lady Windemere's brother.
(b) Lord Darlington's brother.
(c) The Duchess' husband.
(d) The Duchess' brother.
5. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
(a) She learns that Darlington will be present.
(b) She learns that Lord Windemere will be present.
(c) She suspects Lord Windemere of having an affair with Lady Jedburgh.
(d) She learns that Mrs. Erlynne will be present.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Hopper is from:
2. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
3. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
4. Lady Windemere believes she lives in a "bad" age because:
5. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Darlington plan to leave England?
2. What is Lady Windemere's response to her husband's suggestion that evil has never entered her world?
3. What suggestion does the Duchess have for Lady Windemere's problem with her husband?
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne learn about her first husband through Lady Windemere?
5. What concerns the Duchess about Hopper's proposal to her daughter?
6. What is Mrs. Erlynne's opinion of the party guests?
7. What does Lady Windmere fear at the start of the scene?
8. Why might Lady Windemere announce that she is available to all visitors when Parker tells her Darlington has come to call?
9. Why did Lord Windemere give Mrs. Erlynne money, according to her?
10. Describe the relationship between Cecil Graham and Lord Augustus.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)