|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
(a) He says they are not really good on the inside.
(b) He says they make badness of extraordinary importance.
(c) He says they make bad people look exciting.
(d) He says they make goodness of extraordinary importance.
2. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her anniversary.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) Her son's birth.
3. How does Mrs. Erlynne find the letter Lady Windemere left behind?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne finds it on the table.
(b) Parker tells her about it.
(c) Parker throws it at her.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne searches the room for it.
4. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
5. When Lord Windemere cannot find his wife, Mrs. Erlynne tells him:
(a) She has gone to check on their son.
(b) She has left him for good.
(c) She has gone to the hospital.
(d) She has gone to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darlington warns Lady Windemere that it is a dangerous thing to:
2. Lady Windemere's first name is:
3. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
4. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
5. What favor does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Augustus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mrs. Erlynne's exchanges with the male characters reveal about her character?
2. What does Mrs. Erlynne learn about her first husband through Lady Windemere?
3. Why has Lord Augustus asked Lord Windemere about Mrs. Erlynne?
4. Why does Darlington plan to leave England?
5. What concerns the Duchess about Hopper's proposal to her daughter?
6. What does the Windemere's conversation about men and women reveal about Lady Windemere's opinion of men?
7. What is Dumby's attitude about marriage?
8. What is Lady Erlynne's plan for "saving" her daughter at the end of Act 2?
9. What does Lady Windemere discover about the photograph of herself with her son, and why is it significant?
10. How does Lady Windemere describe her feelings now that she is at Darlington's house?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)