|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Duchess meets Mrs. Erlynne, she:
(a) Approves of her.
(b) Denies her acceptance into society.
(c) Encourages her to marry Augustus.
(d) Runs to Darlington for help.
2. How does Mrs. Erlynne find the letter Lady Windemere left behind?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne searches the room for it.
(b) Parker tells her about it.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne finds it on the table.
(d) Parker throws it at her.
3. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) In the ball room at Lord Windemere's house.
(b) In the morning room of Lord Windemere's house.
(c) In the ball room at Lord Darlington's house.
(d) In the breakfast room at Lord Darlington's house.
4. Darlington warns Lady Windemere that it is a dangerous thing to:
(a) Despise anyone.
(b) Gossip about anyone.
(c) Reform anyone.
(d) Fall in love with anyone.
5. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
(a) He writes her a note of apology.
(b) He invites her himself.
(c) He accepts Lady Windemere's decision.
(d) He confesses he is in love with Mrs. Erlynne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
2. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
3. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
4. Lord Augustus describes Cecil Graham as:
5. What does Lady Windemere believe about her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Lord Augustus asked Lord Windemere about Mrs. Erlynne?
2. How is Mrs. Erlynne a "useful" woman, as Lady Plymdale claims?
3. What is the Duchess' attitude about marital infidelity on the part of men?
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne have to say about the fogs of London, and what does she mean?
5. How does Lady Windemere describe her feelings now that she is at Darlington's house?
6. Why does Darlington claim Lady Windemere is not what he thought her to be?
7. Why does Lady Plymdale claim Lord Windemere should not spend too much time talking to his wife?
8. What does Augustus reveal when he re-enters?
9. What is Lady Windemere's response to her husband's suggestion that evil has never entered her world?
10. Why is the Duchess so interested in Lady Agatha's dance card?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)