|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(b) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
(c) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(d) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
2. Lady Windemere asks Parker to be sure he:
(a) Pronounces guests' names as they request.
(b) Greets all guests personally.
(c) Pronounces guests' names distinctly.
(d) Memorizes guests' names.
3. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It came from London.
(b) It has her name on it.
(c) It used to be her mother's.
(d) It has her birth date on it.
4. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
(a) Give up on romance.
(b) Give up saying what is true as well.
(c) Give up flattering other women.
(d) Give up thinking what is charming.
5. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
(a) Be horrified by Lord Windemere's behavior.
(b) Applaud her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(c) Condemn her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(d) Join with her in refusing to accept Mrs. Erlynne in society.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Erlynne find the letter Lady Windemere left behind?
2. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
3. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
4. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
5. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What truth has Lady Windemere discovered about her husband and Mrs. Erlynne?
2. What has Lady Windmere discovered about good and bad people?
3. Why does Mrs. Windemere want a photograph of Lady Windemere?
4. What do Dumby's opening remarks reveal about his character?
5. What is Dumby's attitude about marriage?
6. Why does Darlington plan to leave England?
7. Why does Lady Plymdale claim Lord Windemere should not spend too much time talking to his wife?
8. Why is the Duchess so interested in Lady Agatha's dance card?
9. Why does Windemere say he wishes Mrs. Erlynne would have revealed her secret?
10. Why does Windemere feel that Lady Windemere will cause the family shame if she insults Mrs. Erlynne publicly?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)