|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
(a) She is arranging dishes.
(b) She is cleaning her house.
(c) She is arranging flowers.
(d) She is writing invitations.
2. Mrs. Erlynne dances with Lord Windermere in order to:
(a) Make Augustus jealous.
(b) Get revenge on Lady Windemere.
(c) Get revenge on Lord Augustus.
(d) Make Lady Windemere jealous.
3. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) That fascinating woman.
(b) That horrid woman.
(c) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(d) The other woman.
4. Why doesn't Lord Windemere want to talk to Mrs. Erlynne about money at the ball?
(a) He wants to discourage Augustus from the match.
(b) He wants to save his money for his child.
(c) He wants to discourage Mrs. Erlynne from the match.
(d) He wants to go find his wife.
5. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
(a) Only broke one of her vows.
(b) Only broke its bondage.
(c) Only broke his heart.
(d) Only broke his trust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
2. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
3. What is occurring at the start of Act 2?
4. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
5. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mrs. Erlynne able to control Lord Windemere?
2. What is Lady Windemere's response to her husband's suggestion that evil has never entered her world?
3. What does Mrs. Erlynne say Windemere probably wishes her to do?
4. Why does Lady Windemere think her husband has arrived at Darlington's?
5. Why does Lady Windemere deny her love for her husband?
6. How is Mrs. Erlynne a "useful" woman, as Lady Plymdale claims?
7. Why is the Duchess so interested in Lady Agatha's dance card?
8. What has Lady Windmere discovered about good and bad people?
9. What does Lady Windemere discover about the photograph of herself with her son, and why is it significant?
10. Why does the Duchess claim to feel totally secure at the Windemeres' house?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)