|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lord Windemere cannot find his wife, Mrs. Erlynne tells him:
(a) She has gone to the hospital.
(b) She has gone to bed.
(c) She has left him for good.
(d) She has gone to check on their son.
2. Lady Windemere:
(a) Has never heard of Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Does not believe Mrs. Erylnne exists.
(c) Has suspected her husband of having an affair.
(d) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
3. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
4. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It came from London.
(b) It has her name on it.
(c) It used to be her mother's.
(d) It has her birth date on it.
5. What is occurring at the start of Act 2?
(a) Lord Windemere's confrontation with Lord Darlington.
(b) Lady Windemere's ball.
(c) Lord and Lady Windemere's divorce proceedings.
(d) Lady Windemere's confrontation with Mrs. Erlynne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
2. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
3. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
4. The Duchess carefully edits:
5. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Darlington plan to leave England?
2. Why does Lord Darlington claim he talks trivially?
3. Why does Lady Plymdale claim Lord Windemere should not spend too much time talking to his wife?
4. What repayment can Lady Windemere offer Mrs. Erlynne for her sacrifice of the previous evening?
5. What is the Duchess' attitude about marital infidelity on the part of men?
6. Why has Lord Augustus asked Lord Windemere about Mrs. Erlynne?
7. What suggestion does the Duchess have for Lady Windemere's problem with her husband?
8. Why does Lady Windemere think her husband has arrived at Darlington's?
9. What do Mrs. Erlynne's exchanges with the male characters reveal about her character?
10. How is Mrs. Erlynne a "useful" woman, as Lady Plymdale claims?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)