|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere asks Parker to be sure he:
(a) Pronounces guests' names as they request.
(b) Memorizes guests' names.
(c) Pronounces guests' names distinctly.
(d) Greets all guests personally.
2. Why doesn't Lord Windemere want to talk to Mrs. Erlynne about money at the ball?
(a) He wants to discourage Augustus from the match.
(b) He wants to go find his wife.
(c) He wants to discourage Mrs. Erlynne from the match.
(d) He wants to save his money for his child.
3. Almost every guest at the party exhibits some form of:
4. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
(a) He accepts Lady Windemere's decision.
(b) He invites her himself.
(c) He writes her a note of apology.
(d) He confesses he is in love with Mrs. Erlynne.
5. How does Mrs. Erlynne find the letter Lady Windemere left behind?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne finds it on the table.
(b) Parker throws it at her.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne searches the room for it.
(d) Parker tells her about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
2. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
3. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
4. When Lord Windemere cannot find his wife, Mrs. Erlynne tells him:
5. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men appear to admire Mrs. Erlynne?
2. What does Lady Windmere fear at the start of the scene?
3. What suggestion does the Duchess have for Lady Windemere's problem with her husband?
4. What does Lord Windemere wish his wife would give Mrs. Erlynne?
5. What is Cecil Graham's attitude about women?
6. How is Mrs. Erlynne able to control Lord Windemere?
7. Why does Lord Darlington suggest that Lady Windemere may need a friend some day?
8. Why does Lady Windemere warn Darlington about his flattering statements?
9. Why does Lord Windemere insist that Mrs. Erlynne receive an invitation to the ball?
10. How does Lady Windemere describe her feelings now that she is at Darlington's house?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)