|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne shows it to him.
(b) He discovers it in the trash.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne drops it.
(d) He discovers it burning in the fireplace.
2. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
3. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
(a) Never return to her.
(b) Come back to her because he loves her.
(c) Come back to her happy and fulfilled.
(d) Come back to her slightly damaged.
4. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) End their marriage.
(b) Destroy their chance of being accepted by Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Ruin them.
(d) Ruin Mrs. Erlynne.
5. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
(a) Reject Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Pity Lady Windemere.
(c) Reject Lady Windemere.
(d) Admire Mrs. Erlynne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
2. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
3. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
4. After the Duchess meets Mrs. Erlynne, she:
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Windemere say he wishes Mrs. Erlynne would have revealed her secret?
2. What does Lord Windemere wish his wife would give Mrs. Erlynne?
3. Why does Lord Windemere insist that Mrs. Erlynne receive an invitation to the ball?
4. What is Lady Windemere's response to her husband's suggestion that evil has never entered her world?
5. What does the Windemere's conversation about men and women reveal about Lady Windemere's opinion of men?
6. Why does the Duchess claim to feel totally secure at the Windemeres' house?
7. What is Dumby's attitude about marriage?
8. What truth has Lady Windemere discovered about her husband and Mrs. Erlynne?
9. Why does Darlington pretend to be "bad?"
10. Why does Lady Windemere plan to accept Lord Darlington's declaration of love?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)