|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
2. Lord Augustus is to call on Mrs. Erlynne in order to:
(b) Drive her out of town.
(c) Discourage her interest in Windemere.
(d) Turn her down.
3. Lord Darlington tries to convince Lady Windemere that:
(a) She can no longer live with Lord Windemere.
(b) She should run away with Lord Augustus.
(c) She can no longer hold her head up in society.
(d) She should never speak to Mrs. Erlynne.
4. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
5. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
(a) He invites her himself.
(b) He accepts Lady Windemere's decision.
(c) He writes her a note of apology.
(d) He confesses he is in love with Mrs. Erlynne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darlington warns Lady Windemere that it is a dangerous thing to:
2. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
3. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
4. What nickname does Cecil Graham use for Augustus?
5. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men tease Augustus?
2. What reasons does the Duchess have for fearing or disliking Lady Erlynne?
3. What is Dumby's attitude about marriage?
4. Why does Darlington plan to leave England?
5. How does Mrs. Erlynne know what Lady Windemere would face if she left her husband?
6. Why has Lord Augustus asked Lord Windemere about Mrs. Erlynne?
7. Why does Windemere call Mrs. Erlynne a dangerous woman?
8. Why does Lady Windemere warn Darlington about his flattering statements?
9. What concerns the Duchess about Hopper's proposal to her daughter?
10. Why does Lord Windemere insist that Mrs. Erlynne receive an invitation to the ball?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)