|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
(a) She tears it up.
(b) She brings it to Lord Windemere.
(c) She throws it off the terrace.
(d) She reads it.
2. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
(a) Married guests.
(b) Wives of men she knows.
(c) Male guests only.
(d) Female guests only.
3. What does Lady Windemere believe about her mother?
(a) That she would some day return for Lady Windemere.
(b) That she was not stern enough.
(c) That she left Lady Windemere's father for another man.
(d) That she died when Lady Windemere was a child.
4. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) That horrid woman.
(b) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(c) That fascinating woman.
(d) The other woman.
5. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
(a) Begs her husband's forgiveness.
(b) Gives in to her husband's request.
(c) Demands an apology from her husband.
(d) Defies her husband's wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Hopper is from:
2. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
3. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
4. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
5. What nickname does Cecil Graham use for Augustus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the men appear to admire Mrs. Erlynne?
2. Why is Mrs. Erlynne so upset about her daughter's letter?
3. What do all the men assume about Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Darlington's rooms?
4. Why does Lord Darlington claim he talks trivially?
5. Why is the Duchess so interested in Lady Agatha's dance card?
6. Describe the relationship between the Duchess and her daughter Agatha.
7. What has Lady Windmere discovered about good and bad people?
8. What truth has Lady Windemere discovered about her husband and Mrs. Erlynne?
9. Why does the Duchess continually send her daughter out of earshot during this Act?
10. Why, according to Mrs. Erlynne, should Lady Windemere stay with her husband no matter what she suffers?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)