|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
(a) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is respectable.
(b) He cannot resist Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He knows his aunt will find her amusing.
(d) He wants to annoy his aunt.
2. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
(a) Join with her in refusing to accept Mrs. Erlynne in society.
(b) Be horrified by Lord Windemere's behavior.
(c) Condemn her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(d) Applaud her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
3. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
(a) Hard and fast rules of conduct.
(d) Different rules of conduct for men and women.
4. After the Duchess meets Mrs. Erlynne, she:
(a) Encourages her to marry Augustus.
(b) Runs to Darlington for help.
(c) Denies her acceptance into society.
(d) Approves of her.
5. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
(a) He will leave London.
(b) He will leave England.
(c) He will leave America.
(d) He will leave France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
2. Lady Windemere:
3. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
4. When Mrs. Erlynne reads her daughter's letter, she asks:
5. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between the Duchess and her daughter Agatha.
2. What is Mrs. Erlynne's opinion of the party guests?
3. Why does Windemere feel that Lady Windemere will cause the family shame if she insults Mrs. Erlynne publicly?
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne say Windemere probably wishes her to do?
5. Why does Lady Windemere plan to accept Lord Darlington's declaration of love?
6. How would Lady Windemere create a scandal for her husband?
7. What has Lady Windmere discovered about good and bad people?
8. Why does the Duchess continually send her daughter out of earshot during this Act?
9. What do all the men assume about Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Darlington's rooms?
10. What reasons does the Duchess have for fearing or disliking Lady Erlynne?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)