|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
(a) Begs her husband's forgiveness.
(b) Gives in to her husband's request.
(c) Demands an apology from her husband.
(d) Defies her husband's wishes.
2. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
(a) He wants to be her friend in case her husband leaves her.
(b) He wants to be her friend in case she needs one some day.
(c) He wants to be her friend in case he falls in love with her.
(d) He wants her to be friends with Lord Windemere.
3. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
(a) Male guests only.
(b) Wives of men she knows.
(c) Married guests.
(d) Female guests only.
4. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) Lord Augustus.
(c) Lord Windemere.
(d) The Duke of Berwick.
5. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Her anniversary.
(c) Her son's birth.
(d) Her wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
2. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
3. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
4. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
5. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lord Darlington claim he talks trivially?
2. On what condition is Lord Darlington allowed to attend the ball at the Windemeres'?
3. What reasons does the Duchess have for fearing or disliking Lady Erlynne?
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne learn about her first husband through Lady Windemere?
5. Why does Lady Windemere think her husband has arrived at Darlington's?
6. Why does Darlington claim Lady Windemere is not what he thought her to be?
7. Why does Lady Plymdale claim Lord Windemere should not spend too much time talking to his wife?
8. Why does Mrs. Erlynne threaten to make her name infamous if Windemere reveals her identity?
9. Why do the men tease Augustus?
10. Why does the Duchess claim to feel totally secure at the Windemeres' house?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)