|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) That fascinating woman.
(b) The other woman.
(c) That horrid woman.
(d) The next Mrs. Windemere.
2. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
(b) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(c) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
(d) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
3. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
(a) He discovers it in the trash.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne shows it to him.
(c) He discovers it burning in the fireplace.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne drops it.
4. Augustus describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
5. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He fears she will never be accepted into society.
(b) He fears she will never be alone with him.
(c) He fears she will not marry him.
(d) He fears she will marry Lord Windemere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
2. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
3. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
4. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
5. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Duchess so interested in Lady Agatha's dance card?
2. Why does the Duchess continually send her daughter out of earshot during this Act?
3. How is Mrs. Erlynne a "useful" woman, as Lady Plymdale claims?
4. Why does Mrs. Erlynne ask Windemere for money?
5. What does Lady Windmere fear at the start of the scene?
6. What is Dumby's attitude about marriage?
7. What has Lady Windmere discovered about good and bad people?
8. Why does Darlington plan to leave England?
9. What is Lady Erlynne's plan for "saving" her daughter at the end of Act 2?
10. What is the Duchess' attitude about marital infidelity on the part of men?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)