|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2 the audience learns:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne despises her daughter.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne left her family.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne wishes to leave England.
(d) Why Mrs. Erlynne has no female friends.
2. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(b) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
(c) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
(d) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
3. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
(a) Hard and fast rules of conduct.
(b) Different rules of conduct for men and women.
4. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
(a) The shame would kill her.
(b) The jealousy would kill her.
(c) The shame would kill him.
(d) The fear would overtake him.
5. Lady Windemere says she believes:
(a) Lord Darlington is much worse than most other men.
(b) Lord Darlington pretends to be a "bad" man.
(c) Lord Darlington is exactly like all the other men she knows.
(d) Lord Darlington only pretends to be a "good" man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
2. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
3. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
4. Lord Windemere asks Lady Windemere to:
5. How does Mrs. Erlynne find the letter Lady Windemere left behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Darlington plan to leave England?
2. Why does Darlington pretend to be "bad?"
3. What is Lady Erlynne's plan for "saving" her daughter at the end of Act 2?
4. How does Mrs. Erlynne know what Lady Windemere would face if she left her husband?
5. What concerns the Duchess about Hopper's proposal to her daughter?
6. Why might Lady Windemere announce that she is available to all visitors when Parker tells her Darlington has come to call?
7. What repayment can Lady Windemere offer Mrs. Erlynne for her sacrifice of the previous evening?
8. Why does Lord Windemere insist that Mrs. Erlynne receive an invitation to the ball?
9. Why does the Duchess continually send her daughter out of earshot during this Act?
10. Why does Windemere call Mrs. Erlynne a dangerous woman?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)