|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her nieces.
(c) Her daughters.
(d) Her friends.
2. What nickname does Cecil Graham use for Augustus?
3. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
(a) He will leave America.
(b) He will leave England.
(c) He will leave London.
(d) He will leave France.
4. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
(b) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(c) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
(d) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
5. The Duchess plans to thwart:
(a) Hopper and Agatha's affair.
(b) Hopper and Agatha's next dance.
(c) Hopper and Agatha's wedding.
(d) Hopper and Agatha's living in Australia.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Duchess meets Mrs. Erlynne, she:
2. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
3. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
4. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
5. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere warn Darlington about his flattering statements?
2. What does Lady Windmere fear at the start of the scene?
3. Why do the men tease Augustus?
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne say Windemere probably wishes her to do?
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne threaten to make her name infamous if Windemere reveals her identity?
6. What do Mrs. Erlynne's exchanges with the male characters reveal about her character?
7. What do Dumby's opening remarks reveal about his character?
8. Why does Windemere feel that Lady Windemere will cause the family shame if she insults Mrs. Erlynne publicly?
9. Why do the men appear to approve of Lord and Lady Windemere where Mrs. Erlynne is concerned?
10. What does the Windemere's conversation about men and women reveal about Lady Windemere's opinion of men?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)