|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
2. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) Ruin Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) End their marriage.
(c) Destroy their chance of being accepted by Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Ruin them.
3. Lady Windemere claims she cannot run away with Darlington because:
(a) She still loves her husband.
(b) She is afraid to leave her child.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She does not have the courage.
4. Who enters looking for Lady Windemere?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Plymdale.
(c) Lord Darlington.
(d) Lord Windemere.
5. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
(a) Wives of men she knows.
(b) Male guests only.
(c) Married guests.
(d) Female guests only.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
2. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
3. Lord Darlington tries to convince Lady Windemere that:
4. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
5. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere warn Darlington about his flattering statements?
2. Why does Lord Darlington claim he talks trivially?
3. Why do the men appear to approve of Lord and Lady Windemere where Mrs. Erlynne is concerned?
4. How is Mrs. Erlynne a "useful" woman, as Lady Plymdale claims?
5. What do all the men assume about Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Darlington's rooms?
6. Why does Darlington pretend to be "bad?"
7. Why did Lord Windemere give Mrs. Erlynne money, according to her?
8. What suggestion does the Duchess have for Lady Windemere's problem with her husband?
9. Why does Mrs. Erlynne threaten to make her name infamous if Windemere reveals her identity?
10. What truth has Lady Windemere discovered about her husband and Mrs. Erlynne?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)