|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Windemere.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Lady Agatha.
2. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
(a) Sending her out for tea.
(b) Sending her to Mrs. Erlynne's house.
(c) Sending her out to look at the sunset.
(d) Sending her home to dress for the party.
3. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
(a) She tells him it is a letter he should never read.
(b) She tells him it is a check.
(c) She tells him it is a refusal to Augustus' marriage proposal.
(d) She tells him it is only an address.
5. Mr. Hopper is from:
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
2. Lady Windemere's first name is:
3. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
4. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
5. Lady Windemere claims she never:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Duchess of Berwick's character.
2. Why does Lord Darlington suggest that Lady Windemere may need a friend some day?
3. What is Lady Erlynne's plan for "saving" her daughter at the end of Act 2?
4. Why does Mrs. Erlynne ask Windemere for money?
5. What does Mrs. Erlynne say Windemere probably wishes her to do?
6. Why, according to Mrs. Erlynne, should Lady Windemere stay with her husband no matter what she suffers?
7. What does Augustus reveal when he re-enters?
8. Why does Windemere call Mrs. Erlynne a dangerous woman?
9. Why does Lord Windemere insist that Mrs. Erlynne receive an invitation to the ball?
10. Why does Mrs. Windemere want a photograph of Lady Windemere?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)