Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) Augustus wants Darlington to have time to escape with Lady Windemere.
(b) Augustus wants Windemere to find his wife's fan.
(c) Windemere is still too angry at his wife to behave himself.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne has asked Augustus to detain Windemere as long as possible.
2. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
(a) He is homesick for South America.
(b) He is sick of the women chasing him for his money.
(c) He is sick of the public disgrace.
(d) He is sick of the society, the climate, and everything else.
3. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
(a) He assumes his wife is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(b) He assumes Mrs. Erlynne is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(c) He assumes his wife has found out about his affair.
(d) He assumes his wife has gone home to rest.
4. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
(a) She claims she has come to seek revenge.
(b) She claims she has come to see her daughter.
(c) She claims she has come to apologize.
(d) She claims she has come to return the fan.
5. Why does Lady Windemere regret her decision to go to Darlington's house?
(a) She does not want her husband to punish her.
(b) She regrets repeating her mother's mistakes.
(c) She regrets leaving her child.
(d) She still loves her husband and wants to return to him.
6. Where does Act 3 take place?
(a) In Lord Windermere's rooms.
(b) In Mrs. Erlynne's rooms.
(c) In Lady Windemere's rooms.
(d) In Lord Darlington's rooms.
7. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
(a) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(b) Had left her husband.
(c) Believes Mrs. Erlynne betrayed her.
(d) Does not know what happened after she left Darlington's.
8. What does Lady Windemere threaten?
(a) She threatens to have an affair with Augustus.
(b) She threatens to go home and tell her husband the truth.
(c) She threatens to expose Mrs. Erlynne to society.
(d) She threatens to create a huge scandal for herself and Windemere.
9. Who is the one person Lady Windemere must see before she leaves town?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Lady Agatha.
10. How does Darlington occupy himself while the others are talking?
(a) He writes a few letters.
(b) He tries to occupy Lord Windemere.
(c) He looks for Lady Windemere.
(d) He smokes cigars.
11. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
(a) Asking him to get her carriage.
(b) Asking him to carry her cloak.
(c) Asking him to escort her out of England.
(d) Asking him to carry her fan.
12. What did Windemere do in the morning?
(a) Wrote Lady Windemere a letter.
(b) Knocked at Lady Windemere's door.
(c) Gave Mrs. Erlynne Lady Windemere's fan.
(d) Left the house for work.
13. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
(a) She tears it up and throws it into the fire.
(b) She tears it up and throws it out the window.
(c) She gives it to Darlington's servant to destroy.
(d) She eats it.
14. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
(b) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(c) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
(d) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
15. Lord Windmere begs his wife:
(a) Not to tell anyone about his affair.
(b) To tell Mrs. Erlynne she is her daughter.
(c) To invite Mrs. Erlynne to travel with them.
(d) Not to see Mrs. Erlynne.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Erlynne going?
2. Who appears to be asleep during the men's conversation?
3. What is the second reason Mrs. Erlynne plans to visit Lady Windemere?
4. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
5. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)