|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They hear the men returning.
(b) They hear Windemere and Darlington fighting.
(c) They hear Windemere searching the house.
(d) They hear Lord Darlington sobbing.
2. Lady Windemere thinks that Mrs. Erlynne is there because:
(a) Lord Darlington sent her to bring her home.
(b) Lord Windemere sent her to send his wife away.
(c) Lord Windemere sent her to fetch his wife.
(d) Lord Augustus warned told her where to find her daughter.
3. What is Lady Windemere doing at the start of the act?
(a) She is waiting to reject Darlington's proposition.
(b) She is waiting to confront Darlington on his affair.
(c) She is waiting for Darlington to arrive so she can accept him.
(d) She is waiting for her husband to arrive.
4. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) She claims Lady Windemere left it there.
(b) She claims Lord Windemere gave it to her.
(c) She claims she mistook it for her own and took it from the party.
(d) She claims Lord Darlington took it because he loves Lady Windemere.
5. Who is the one person Lady Windemere must see before she leaves town?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Lady Agatha.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne.
6. According to Lady Windemere, actions are the first tragedy in life, and:
(a) Betrayal is the second.
(b) Love is the second.
(c) Words are the second.
(d) Deeds are the second.
7. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
(a) Because she fears Augustus will find her there.
(b) Because she fears Windemere will find her there.
(c) Because she knows she will let her daughter down.
(d) Because she knows she has ruined her chances with Lord Windemere.
8. Lady Windemere fears Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) Tell Augustus the truth to save herself.
(b) Leave town with no explanation.
(c) Tell Windemere the truth to save her own happiness.
(d) Tell Windemere a lie to save them both.
9. Lady Windemere does not believe that the letter destroyed:
(a) Was actually her letter.
(b) Was not shown to her husband.
(c) Was in her handwriting.
(d) Was actually thrown into the fire.
10. What does Windemere suggest will make Lady Windemere feel better?
(a) They will go away to the city.
(b) They will go away to the ocean.
(c) They will go away and never return.
(d) They will go away to the country.
11. Just as Lady Windemere attempts to tell her husband the truth:
(a) Parker announces the Duchess has come to call.
(b) Parker announces Lord Darlington has come to call.
(c) Parker announces Mrs. Erlynne has come to call.
(d) Parker announces Augustus has come to call.
12. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
(a) Believes Mrs. Erlynne betrayed her.
(b) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(c) Does not know what happened after she left Darlington's.
(d) Had left her husband.
13. What has Rosalie been searching for?
(a) Lady Windemere's letter.
(b) Lady Windemere's cloak.
(c) Lady Windemere's fan.
(d) Lady Windemere's handbag.
14. Why is Mrs. Erlynne disgraced before everyone?
(a) She is penniless.
(b) She was found in a man's rooms after leaving the party.
(c) She is not Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) She was married once before.
15. What name do Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne share?
(a) Their middle name, Margaret.
(b) Their first name, Mary.
(c) Their middle name, Mary.
(d) Their first name, Margaret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continues to tease Augustus?
2. Why does Lady Windemere regret her decision to go to Darlington's house?
3. Lady Windemere begins to tell her husband the truth about the previous night because:
4. When Lady Windemere hears the men's voices, she cries:
5. Why does Lord Windemere believe Mrs. Erlynne has returned to find her daughter?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)