|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere begins to tell her husband the truth about the previous night because:
(a) He continues to deride Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) He begs her to tell him where she went.
(c) He knows the truth anyway.
(d) He cannot forgive the note she wrote him.
2. What name do Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne share?
(a) Their middle name, Mary.
(b) Their first name, Margaret.
(c) Their first name, Mary.
(d) Their middle name, Margaret.
3. Mrs. Erlynne claims she knows what it is to be:
(a) A whore.
(b) An outcast.
(c) A leper.
(d) A dog.
4. Lady Windemere claims she will not return to her husband because:
(a) She loves Darlington.
(b) She is too ashamed of her own behavior.
(c) She is too proud to accept his apologies.
(d) She does not love him.
5. Lord Windmere begs his wife:
(a) Not to tell anyone about his affair.
(b) To tell Mrs. Erlynne she is her daughter.
(c) To invite Mrs. Erlynne to travel with them.
(d) Not to see Mrs. Erlynne.
6. What is Mrs. Erlynne's first advice to Lady Windemere?
(a) Lady Windemere must take her son along with her.
(b) Lady Windemere must beg Darlington's forgiveness.
(c) Lady Windemere must publicly apologize to her.
(d) Lady Windemere must return to her husband.
7. Lord Windemere claims that Mrs. Erlynne is:
8. What illusion did Mrs. Erlynne lose the previous night?
(a) She found she had contempt for society.
(b) She found she had a heart.
(c) She found she was greedy.
(d) She found she loved no man.
9. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
(a) Asking him to carry her fan.
(b) Asking him to get her carriage.
(c) Asking him to carry her cloak.
(d) Asking him to escort her out of England.
10. No matter what Lady Windemere suffers, Lady Erlynne claims:
(a) She must leave Darlington.
(b) She must leave immediately.
(c) She must love her husband.
(d) She must stay with her son.
11. Just as Lady Windemere attempts to tell her husband the truth:
(a) Parker announces Mrs. Erlynne has come to call.
(b) Parker announces Lord Darlington has come to call.
(c) Parker announces Augustus has come to call.
(d) Parker announces the Duchess has come to call.
12. When Lady Windemere hears the men's voices, she cries:
(a) They will find me!
(b) Save me!
(c) I will face them!
(d) Don't go without me!
13. What, according to Mrs. Erlynne, is better than ideals?
14. Dumby says the youth of the present have no respect for:
(c) Dyed hair.
15. Lady Windemere feels it is her duty to:
(a) Tell her mother the truth about her father.
(b) Tell her mother about her affair with Darlington.
(c) Tell her husband the truth about her mother.
(d) Tell her husband the truth about the previous evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cecil Graham admire aloud?
2. Lady Windemere does not believe that the letter destroyed:
3. What did Windemere do in the morning?
4. Why have the men returned to Lord Darlington's house?
5. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)