|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Erlynne's first advice to Lady Windemere?
(a) Lady Windemere must take her son along with her.
(b) Lady Windemere must publicly apologize to her.
(c) Lady Windemere must return to her husband.
(d) Lady Windemere must beg Darlington's forgiveness.
2. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
(b) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(c) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
(d) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
3. Who is Lady Windemere talking to at the start of Act 4?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Lady Plymdale.
(d) Lord Darlington.
4. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
(a) Asking him to escort her out of England.
(b) Asking him to carry her cloak.
(c) Asking him to carry her fan.
(d) Asking him to get her carriage.
5. What made Cecil Graham admire Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She wanted to be introduced to Lady Windemere.
(b) She wanted to be introduced to the Duchess.
(c) She wanted to be introduced to Lady Plymdale.
(d) She wanted to be introduced to his Aunt Caroline.
6. Before she leaves, Mrs. Erlynne asks for:
(a) Lady Windemere's blessing.
(b) Lady Windemere's approval.
(c) Lady Windemere's cloak.
(d) Lady Windemere's fan.
7. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
(a) To trick Lady Windemere into returning home.
(b) To save Lord Windemere from scandal.
(c) To save her daughter from making a hideous mistake.
(d) To save her daughter from a life with an unloving husband.
8. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Windemere.
(c) Lady Plymdale.
(d) Lady Agatha.
9. Lady Windemere does not believe that the letter destroyed:
(a) Was actually her letter.
(b) Was actually thrown into the fire.
(c) Was in her handwriting.
(d) Was not shown to her husband.
10. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
(a) Believes Mrs. Erlynne betrayed her.
(b) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(c) Does not know what happened after she left Darlington's.
(d) Had left her husband.
11. Why does Lord Darlington forbid Windemere to search his rooms?
(a) He knows there is no one in his rooms.
(b) He knows Lady Windemere must be there.
(c) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is there.
(d) He knows Lady Agatha is there.
12. What did Windemere do in the morning?
(a) Knocked at Lady Windemere's door.
(b) Left the house for work.
(c) Wrote Lady Windemere a letter.
(d) Gave Mrs. Erlynne Lady Windemere's fan.
13. Where is Mrs. Erlynne going?
(a) To live abroad.
(b) Back to England.
(c) Back to America.
(d) To live with Augustus.
14. Lady Windemere begins to tell her husband the truth about the previous night because:
(a) He continues to deride Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) He begs her to tell him where she went.
(c) He cannot forgive the note she wrote him.
(d) He knows the truth anyway.
15. Lady Windemere fears Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) Leave town with no explanation.
(b) Tell Augustus the truth to save herself.
(c) Tell Windemere the truth to save her own happiness.
(d) Tell Windemere a lie to save them both.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illusion did Mrs. Erlynne lose the previous night?
2. What makes the men think Darlington has a woman in his rooms?
3. What does Mrs. Erlynne claim to dislike about London?
4. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
5. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)