|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Rosalie been searching for?
(a) Lady Windemere's handbag.
(b) Lady Windemere's letter.
(c) Lady Windemere's cloak.
(d) Lady Windemere's fan.
2. What time did Windemere arrive home that night?
(a) Two a.m.
(c) Five a.m.
(d) Ten-thirty p.m.
3. What is Lady Windemere doing at the start of the act?
(a) She is waiting for Darlington to arrive so she can accept him.
(b) She is waiting to reject Darlington's proposition.
(c) She is waiting to confront Darlington on his affair.
(d) She is waiting for her husband to arrive.
4. How does Lady Windemere describe Mrs. Erlynne at the end of the play?
(a) As a very clever woman.
(b) As a woman of principles.
(c) As an infamous woman.
(d) As a very good woman.
5. Lady Windemere claims she will not return to her husband because:
(a) She is too ashamed of her own behavior.
(b) She loves Darlington.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She is too proud to accept his apologies.
6. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
(a) He would have apologized for the affair.
(b) He would have challenged Darlington to a duel.
(c) He would have thrown Mrs. Erlynne out of the house.
(d) He would have come for her, having read her letter.
7. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
(a) To save her daughter from a life with an unloving husband.
(b) To trick Lady Windemere into returning home.
(c) To save Lord Windemere from scandal.
(d) To save her daughter from making a hideous mistake.
8. Lady Windemere fears Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) Leave town with no explanation.
(b) Tell Windemere the truth to save her own happiness.
(c) Tell Augustus the truth to save herself.
(d) Tell Windemere a lie to save them both.
9. Lady Windemere does not believe that the letter destroyed:
(a) Was in her handwriting.
(b) Was actually thrown into the fire.
(c) Was not shown to her husband.
(d) Was actually her letter.
10. Lord Windemere claims that Mrs. Erlynne is:
11. Why does Windemere want to see Mrs. Erlynne before his wife does?
(a) He wants to protect Mrs. Erlynne from his wife's revenge.
(b) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from marrying Augustus.
(c) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from entering society.
(d) He wants to protect his wife from the "truth" about her mother.
12. What does Windemere suggest will make Lady Windemere feel better?
(a) They will go away to the country.
(b) They will go away and never return.
(c) They will go away to the ocean.
(d) They will go away to the city.
13. Lord Windmere begs his wife:
(a) To tell Mrs. Erlynne she is her daughter.
(b) Not to tell anyone about his affair.
(c) To invite Mrs. Erlynne to travel with them.
(d) Not to see Mrs. Erlynne.
14. What illusion did Mrs. Erlynne lose the previous night?
(a) She found she had a heart.
(b) She found she loved no man.
(c) She found she was greedy.
(d) She found she had contempt for society.
15. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
(a) Asking him to get her carriage.
(b) Asking him to escort her out of England.
(c) Asking him to carry her cloak.
(d) Asking him to carry her fan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere regret her decision to go to Darlington's house?
2. What makes the men think Darlington has a woman in his rooms?
3. Who does Cecil Graham admire aloud?
4. Where does Act 3 take place?
5. Dumby says the youth of the present have no respect for:
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)