|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Cecil Graham admire Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She wanted to be introduced to his Aunt Caroline.
(b) She wanted to be introduced to the Duchess.
(c) She wanted to be introduced to Lady Windemere.
(d) She wanted to be introduced to Lady Plymdale.
2. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
(a) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(b) Believes Mrs. Erlynne betrayed her.
(c) Had left her husband.
(d) Does not know what happened after she left Darlington's.
3. Why have the men returned to Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They were thrown out of the pub.
(b) They are planning to confront Lady Windemere.
(c) They are eager to catch Darlington with Lady Windemere.
(d) They were thrown out of Windemere's house.
4. According to Mrs. Erlynne, love is:
(a) Frequently short-lived.
(b) Easily killed.
(c) For fools.
(d) Only an illusion.
5. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
(a) She claims she has come to seek revenge.
(b) She claims she has come to return the fan.
(c) She claims she has come to see her daughter.
(d) She claims she has come to apologize.
6. What has Rosalie been searching for?
(a) Lady Windemere's handbag.
(b) Lady Windemere's cloak.
(c) Lady Windemere's letter.
(d) Lady Windemere's fan.
7. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
(a) To save her daughter from making a hideous mistake.
(b) To trick Lady Windemere into returning home.
(c) To save Lord Windemere from scandal.
(d) To save her daughter from a life with an unloving husband.
8. Why does Lord Darlington forbid Windemere to search his rooms?
(a) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is there.
(b) He knows Lady Agatha is there.
(c) He knows there is no one in his rooms.
(d) He knows Lady Windemere must be there.
9. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
(a) He would have challenged Darlington to a duel.
(b) He would have apologized for the affair.
(c) He would have come for her, having read her letter.
(d) He would have thrown Mrs. Erlynne out of the house.
10. Dumby asks Augustus about Mrs. Erlynne's:
(d) Past marriages.
11. How does Lady Erlynne know where to find Lady Windemere?
(a) She has asked Lord Windemere where to find his wife.
(b) She ask read Lady Windemere's letter to Lord Darlington.
(c) She has bribed Parker for the information.
(d) She has read Lady Windemere's letter to her husband.
12. What did Windemere do in the morning?
(a) Wrote Lady Windemere a letter.
(b) Gave Mrs. Erlynne Lady Windemere's fan.
(c) Left the house for work.
(d) Knocked at Lady Windemere's door.
13. Who appears to be asleep during the men's conversation?
(a) Lord Windmere.
(c) Lord Darlington.
14. Just as Lady Windemere attempts to tell her husband the truth:
(a) Parker announces Lord Darlington has come to call.
(b) Parker announces Augustus has come to call.
(c) Parker announces Mrs. Erlynne has come to call.
(d) Parker announces the Duchess has come to call.
15. Augustus forgives Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) She has denied everything.
(b) She has forgiven him everything.
(c) She has confessed everything.
(d) She has explained everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. No matter what Lady Windemere suffers, Lady Erlynne claims:
2. What gift does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Lady Windemere?
3. What does Windemere suggest will make Lady Windemere feel better?
4. What is Augustus' reaction to Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Lord Darlington's rooms?
5. Why does Windemere want to see Mrs. Erlynne before his wife does?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)