|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
(a) She claims she has come to see her daughter.
(b) She claims she has come to apologize.
(c) She claims she has come to return the fan.
(d) She claims she has come to seek revenge.
2. Lady Windemere feels it is her duty to:
(a) Tell her husband the truth about her mother.
(b) Tell her mother the truth about her father.
(c) Tell her mother about her affair with Darlington.
(d) Tell her husband the truth about the previous evening.
3. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
(a) Asking him to carry her cloak.
(b) Asking him to get her carriage.
(c) Asking him to carry her fan.
(d) Asking him to escort her out of England.
4. Who is the one person Lady Windemere must see before she leaves town?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) Lady Agatha.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne.
5. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
(a) He assumes his wife is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(b) He assumes Mrs. Erlynne is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(c) He assumes his wife has gone home to rest.
(d) He assumes his wife has found out about his affair.
6. Lady Windemere describes the roses in the garden at Selby as:
(a) Red and white.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Pink and white.
(d) Shades of pink.
7. Mrs. Erlynne claims she knows what it is to be:
(a) A whore.
(b) An outcast.
(c) A dog.
(d) A leper.
8. After Mrs. Erlynne's long speech, Lady Windemere begs:
(a) Leave me alone!
(b) Take me away from England!
(c) Leave my husband alone!
(d) Take me home!
9. What name do Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne share?
(a) Their first name, Margaret.
(b) Their middle name, Margaret.
(c) Their middle name, Mary.
(d) Their first name, Mary.
10. Why does Lady Windemere wish to see Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) Because Mrs. Erlynne knows the truth about her.
(b) Because Mrs. Erlynne was kind to her.
(c) Because Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(d) Because Mrs. Erlynne still has her fan.
11. What time did Windemere arrive home that night?
(b) Five a.m.
(c) Two a.m.
(d) Ten-thirty p.m.
12. Augustus forgives Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) She has denied everything.
(b) She has forgiven him everything.
(c) She has explained everything.
(d) She has confessed everything.
13. Lady Windemere fears Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) Tell Windemere the truth to save her own happiness.
(b) Leave town with no explanation.
(c) Tell Augustus the truth to save herself.
(d) Tell Windemere a lie to save them both.
14. How does Lady Erlynne know where to find Lady Windemere?
(a) She has bribed Parker for the information.
(b) She has read Lady Windemere's letter to her husband.
(c) She ask read Lady Windemere's letter to Lord Darlington.
(d) She has asked Lord Windemere where to find his wife.
15. Why does Lord Darlington forbid Windemere to search his rooms?
(a) He knows Lady Windemere must be there.
(b) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is there.
(c) He knows there is no one in his rooms.
(d) He knows Lady Agatha is there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the truth about Mrs. Erlynne?
2. Who discovers there must be a woman in Lord Darlington's rooms?
3. Lady Windemere thinks that Mrs. Erlynne is there because:
4. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
5. If Lady Windemere will return to her husband, Mrs. Erlynne promises:
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)