|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) She claims Lady Windemere left it there.
(b) She claims Lord Darlington took it because he loves Lady Windemere.
(c) She claims Lord Windemere gave it to her.
(d) She claims she mistook it for her own and took it from the party.
2. What does Lord Windemere say about his wife and Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) That his wife is never to leave him again.
(b) That his wife is never to see her again.
(c) That his wife must forgive her actions.
(d) That his wife is to call on her immediately.
3. Why does Dumby consider a woman who understands one a dangerous thing?
(a) Because one will never be able to hide anything.
(b) Because one will never be entirely happy.
(c) Because one will always have to explain themselves.
(d) Because they will always end up marrying one.
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne threaten to do if Windemere reveals her secret?
(a) She will scandalize herself.
(b) She will leave town immediately.
(c) She will divorce Augustus.
(d) She will reveal their affair to Lady Windemere.
5. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
(a) She knows Mrs. Erlynne is trying to trick her into making a mistake.
(b) Her pride is wounded because her mother has abandoned her.
(c) She knows Mrs. Erlynne wants Darlington for herself.
(d) Her pride is wounded because she still believes her husband has had an affair.
6. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
(a) Had left her husband.
(b) Believes Mrs. Erlynne betrayed her.
(c) Does not know what happened after she left Darlington's.
(d) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
7. What has Lady Windemere learned about temptation?
(a) That she can never forgive those who give in to temptation.
(b) That she is above such trivial things.
(c) That she is as vulnerable to it as everyone else.
(d) That she is irreproachable on the subject.
8. Lady Windemere describes the roses in the garden at Selby as:
(a) Shades of pink.
(b) Pink and white.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Red and white.
9. Why does Lord Windemere believe Mrs. Erlynne has returned to find her daughter?
(a) She learned her daughter had married a rich man.
(b) She learned her daughter had run away with another man.
(c) She learned her daughter knew she was alive.
(d) She learned her daughter had a son.
10. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Plymdale.
(c) Lady Agatha.
(d) Lady Windemere.
11. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
(a) Because she fears Windemere will find her there.
(b) Because she fears Augustus will find her there.
(c) Because she knows she has ruined her chances with Lord Windemere.
(d) Because she knows she will let her daughter down.
12. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
(b) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
(c) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(d) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
13. Where does Act 3 take place?
(a) In Lord Windermere's rooms.
(b) In Lady Windemere's rooms.
(c) In Lord Darlington's rooms.
(d) In Mrs. Erlynne's rooms.
14. How does Lady Erlynne know where to find Lady Windemere?
(a) She has bribed Parker for the information.
(b) She ask read Lady Windemere's letter to Lord Darlington.
(c) She has asked Lord Windemere where to find his wife.
(d) She has read Lady Windemere's letter to her husband.
15. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
(a) Because he thinks she had an affair with Augustus.
(b) Because he thinks she is marrying Augustus for his money.
(c) Because he thinks she is marrying Windemere for his money.
(d) Because he thinks she had an affair with Windemere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
2. What is Mrs. Erlynne's first advice to Lady Windemere?
3. What does Mrs. Erlynne claim to dislike about London?
4. Mrs. Erlynne claims she knows what it is to be:
5. Lady Windemere has always thought her mother:
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)