|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Darlington occupy himself while the others are talking?
(a) He writes a few letters.
(b) He looks for Lady Windemere.
(c) He tries to occupy Lord Windemere.
(d) He smokes cigars.
2. Who discovers there must be a woman in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) Cecil Graham.
(c) Lord Windemere.
(d) Lord Augustus.
3. Lady Windemere claims that people do not rule life, but rather:
(a) People rule one another.
(b) People rule only themselves.
(c) Life tricks people.
(d) Life rules people.
4. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
(a) She gives it to Darlington's servant to destroy.
(b) She tears it up and throws it into the fire.
(c) She tears it up and throws it out the window.
(d) She eats it.
5. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
(a) He would have thrown Mrs. Erlynne out of the house.
(b) He would have come for her, having read her letter.
(c) He would have challenged Darlington to a duel.
(d) He would have apologized for the affair.
6. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
(a) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(b) Does not know what happened after she left Darlington's.
(c) Had left her husband.
(d) Believes Mrs. Erlynne betrayed her.
7. Lady Windemere feels it is her duty to:
(a) Tell her husband the truth about her mother.
(b) Tell her mother about her affair with Darlington.
(c) Tell her mother the truth about her father.
(d) Tell her husband the truth about the previous evening.
8. What is the truth about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She is Lord Windemere's first wife.
(b) She is Lord Windemere's mother.
(c) She is Augustus' mother.
(d) She is Lady Windemere's mother.
9. What is Augustus' reaction to Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) He looks at Mrs. Erlynne in disgust.
(b) He turns away from Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He confronts Mrs. Erlynne angrily.
(d) He embraces Mrs. Erlynne.
10. Before she leaves, Mrs. Erlynne asks for:
(a) Lady Windemere's fan.
(b) Lady Windemere's blessing.
(c) Lady Windemere's approval.
(d) Lady Windemere's cloak.
11. What, according to Mrs. Erlynne, is better than ideals?
12. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
(a) He assumes his wife has gone home to rest.
(b) He assumes Mrs. Erlynne is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(c) He assumes his wife is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(d) He assumes his wife has found out about his affair.
13. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
(a) Lady Agatha.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lady Plymdale.
(d) Lady Windemere.
14. Who appears to be asleep during the men's conversation?
(c) Lord Windmere.
(d) Lord Darlington.
15. Why does Lady Windemere regret her decision to go to Darlington's house?
(a) She does not want her husband to punish her.
(b) She still loves her husband and wants to return to him.
(c) She regrets leaving her child.
(d) She regrets repeating her mother's mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dumby asks Augustus about Mrs. Erlynne's:
2. What makes the men think Darlington has a woman in his rooms?
3. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
4. Lord Windmere begs his wife:
5. Where is Mrs. Erlynne going?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)