|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What admonishment does Mrs. Erlynne give Lord Windemere?
(a) Morals before marriage.
(b) Mortals before gods.
(c) Manners before morals.
(d) Age before beauty.
2. Mrs. Erlynne claims it is not repentance that consoles one, but:
3. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
(a) He would have apologized for the affair.
(b) He would have challenged Darlington to a duel.
(c) He would have thrown Mrs. Erlynne out of the house.
(d) He would have come for her, having read her letter.
4. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) She claims she mistook it for her own and took it from the party.
(b) She claims Lady Windemere left it there.
(c) She claims Lord Windemere gave it to her.
(d) She claims Lord Darlington took it because he loves Lady Windemere.
5. Lord Windemere claims that Mrs. Erlynne is:
6. Lady Windemere describes the roses in the garden at Selby as:
(a) Red and white.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Pink and white.
(d) Shades of pink.
7. Lady Windemere thinks that Mrs. Erlynne is there because:
(a) Lord Augustus warned told her where to find her daughter.
(b) Lord Windemere sent her to fetch his wife.
(c) Lord Windemere sent her to send his wife away.
(d) Lord Darlington sent her to bring her home.
8. What has Lady Windemere learned about temptation?
(a) That she can never forgive those who give in to temptation.
(b) That she is as vulnerable to it as everyone else.
(c) That she is above such trivial things.
(d) That she is irreproachable on the subject.
9. Augustus forgives Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) She has confessed everything.
(b) She has denied everything.
(c) She has explained everything.
(d) She has forgiven him everything.
10. Why is Mrs. Erlynne disgraced before everyone?
(a) She was found in a man's rooms after leaving the party.
(b) She is penniless.
(c) She was married once before.
(d) She is not Lady Windemere's mother.
11. Augustus believes Mrs. Erlynne will marry him despite:
(a) Knowing he does not love her.
(b) Knowing he is a fool.
(c) Knowing she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) Knowing he has no money.
12. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
(a) She tears it up and throws it into the fire.
(b) She gives it to Darlington's servant to destroy.
(c) She eats it.
(d) She tears it up and throws it out the window.
13. Why does Lord Windemere believe Mrs. Erlynne has returned to find her daughter?
(a) She learned her daughter had married a rich man.
(b) She learned her daughter knew she was alive.
(c) She learned her daughter had run away with another man.
(d) She learned her daughter had a son.
14. Just as Lady Windemere attempts to tell her husband the truth:
(a) Parker announces Augustus has come to call.
(b) Parker announces Lord Darlington has come to call.
(c) Parker announces the Duchess has come to call.
(d) Parker announces Mrs. Erlynne has come to call.
15. What is the truth about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She is Lord Windemere's mother.
(b) She is Lord Windemere's first wife.
(c) She is Augustus' mother.
(d) She is Lady Windemere's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lady Windemere talking to at the start of Act 4?
2. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
3. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
4. What made Cecil Graham admire Mrs. Erlynne?
5. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)