|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustus overlooks rumors of Mrs. Erlynne's affairs because:
(a) She explains everything.
(b) She is too beautiful for him to be angry.
(c) She denies everything.
(d) She begs him for forgiveness.
2. What time did Windemere arrive home that night?
(b) Ten-thirty p.m.
(c) Five a.m.
(d) Two a.m.
3. What has Lady Windemere learned about temptation?
(a) That she can never forgive those who give in to temptation.
(b) That she is as vulnerable to it as everyone else.
(c) That she is above such trivial things.
(d) That she is irreproachable on the subject.
4. Where is Mrs. Erlynne going?
(a) Back to America.
(b) To live abroad.
(c) To live with Augustus.
(d) Back to England.
5. Cecil Graham says he is interested in Augustus and Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) It bores him to death.
(b) Augustus has been married twice already.
(c) It is none of his business.
(d) Augustus has had an affair with Lady Windemere.
6. When Lady Windemere hears the men's voices, she cries:
(a) They will find me!
(b) Don't go without me!
(c) Save me!
(d) I will face them!
7. Lady Windemere feels it is her duty to:
(a) Tell her mother the truth about her father.
(b) Tell her mother about her affair with Darlington.
(c) Tell her husband the truth about her mother.
(d) Tell her husband the truth about the previous evening.
8. Why have the men returned to Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They are eager to catch Darlington with Lady Windemere.
(b) They were thrown out of Windemere's house.
(c) They were thrown out of the pub.
(d) They are planning to confront Lady Windemere.
9. What does Lord Windemere say about his wife and Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) That his wife is to call on her immediately.
(b) That his wife is never to see her again.
(c) That his wife is never to leave him again.
(d) That his wife must forgive her actions.
10. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
(a) To trick Lady Windemere into returning home.
(b) To save her daughter from a life with an unloving husband.
(c) To save Lord Windemere from scandal.
(d) To save her daughter from making a hideous mistake.
11. Why does Lord Darlington forbid Windemere to search his rooms?
(a) He knows Lady Windemere must be there.
(b) He knows Lady Agatha is there.
(c) He knows there is no one in his rooms.
(d) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is there.
12. Mrs. Erlynne claims she knows what it is to be:
(a) A whore.
(b) A leper.
(c) An outcast.
(d) A dog.
13. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
(a) Her pride is wounded because she still believes her husband has had an affair.
(b) Her pride is wounded because her mother has abandoned her.
(c) She knows Mrs. Erlynne wants Darlington for herself.
(d) She knows Mrs. Erlynne is trying to trick her into making a mistake.
14. What does Mrs. Erlynne claim to dislike about London?
(a) The heat.
(b) The rain.
(c) The cold.
(d) The fogs.
15. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
(a) Asking him to escort her out of England.
(b) Asking him to carry her cloak.
(c) Asking him to get her carriage.
(d) Asking him to carry her fan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere wish to see Mrs. Erlynne?
2. What admonishment does Mrs. Erlynne give Lord Windemere?
3. No matter what Lady Windemere suffers, Lady Erlynne claims:
4. Lady Windemere has always thought her mother:
5. Where does Act 3 take place?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)