|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere thinks that Mrs. Erlynne is there because:
(a) Lord Augustus warned told her where to find her daughter.
(b) Lord Windemere sent her to send his wife away.
(c) Lord Windemere sent her to fetch his wife.
(d) Lord Darlington sent her to bring her home.
2. Why does Lady Windemere wish to see Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) Because Mrs. Erlynne was kind to her.
(b) Because Mrs. Erlynne knows the truth about her.
(c) Because Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(d) Because Mrs. Erlynne still has her fan.
3. Who appears to be asleep during the men's conversation?
(b) Lord Windmere.
(c) Lord Darlington.
4. Lady Windemere has always thought her mother:
(a) Did not love her.
(b) Was dead.
(c) Was living abroad.
(d) Ran away with another man.
5. If Lady Windemere will return to her husband, Mrs. Erlynne promises:
(a) Never to communicate with him again.
(b) Never to reveal her affair with Darlington.
(c) To be better mother to her daughter.
(d) Marry Augustus and leave town.
6. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
(b) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(c) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
(d) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
7. Augustus forgives Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) She has explained everything.
(b) She has forgiven him everything.
(c) She has confessed everything.
(d) She has denied everything.
8. Lady Windemere begins to tell her husband the truth about the previous night because:
(a) He continues to deride Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) He begs her to tell him where she went.
(c) He cannot forgive the note she wrote him.
(d) He knows the truth anyway.
9. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) She claims Lord Darlington took it because he loves Lady Windemere.
(b) She claims Lord Windemere gave it to her.
(c) She claims she mistook it for her own and took it from the party.
(d) She claims Lady Windemere left it there.
10. Who does Cecil Graham admire aloud?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) Lady Windemere.
(c) Lady Agatha.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne.
11. Where is Mrs. Erlynne going?
(a) To live abroad.
(b) Back to America.
(c) Back to England.
(d) To live with Augustus.
12. Lady Windemere claims that people do not rule life, but rather:
(a) Life tricks people.
(b) People rule one another.
(c) Life rules people.
(d) People rule only themselves.
13. After Mrs. Erlynne's long speech, Lady Windemere begs:
(a) Take me home!
(b) Leave my husband alone!
(c) Leave me alone!
(d) Take me away from England!
14. What is Lady Windemere doing at the start of the act?
(a) She is waiting to reject Darlington's proposition.
(b) She is waiting for Darlington to arrive so she can accept him.
(c) She is waiting to confront Darlington on his affair.
(d) She is waiting for her husband to arrive.
15. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
(a) She claims she has come to apologize.
(b) She claims she has come to see her daughter.
(c) She claims she has come to seek revenge.
(d) She claims she has come to return the fan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 3 take place?
2. When Lady Windemere hears the men's voices, she cries:
3. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
4. What time did Windemere arrive home that night?
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)