|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No matter what Lady Windemere suffers, Lady Erlynne claims:
(a) She must leave Darlington.
(b) She must love her husband.
(c) She must stay with her son.
(d) She must leave immediately.
2. According to Lady Windemere, actions are the first tragedy in life, and:
(a) Words are the second.
(b) Deeds are the second.
(c) Betrayal is the second.
(d) Love is the second.
3. Why is Mrs. Erlynne disgraced before everyone?
(a) She was found in a man's rooms after leaving the party.
(b) She was married once before.
(c) She is not Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) She is penniless.
4. Before she leaves, Mrs. Erlynne asks for:
(a) Lady Windemere's fan.
(b) Lady Windemere's cloak.
(c) Lady Windemere's blessing.
(d) Lady Windemere's approval.
5. How does Lady Erlynne know where to find Lady Windemere?
(a) She ask read Lady Windemere's letter to Lord Darlington.
(b) She has read Lady Windemere's letter to her husband.
(c) She has asked Lord Windemere where to find his wife.
(d) She has bribed Parker for the information.
6. Why have the men returned to Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They were thrown out of the pub.
(b) They are eager to catch Darlington with Lady Windemere.
(c) They were thrown out of Windemere's house.
(d) They are planning to confront Lady Windemere.
7. If Lady Windemere will return to her husband, Mrs. Erlynne promises:
(a) Never to reveal her affair with Darlington.
(b) Marry Augustus and leave town.
(c) To be better mother to her daughter.
(d) Never to communicate with him again.
8. What is Mrs. Erlynne's first advice to Lady Windemere?
(a) Lady Windemere must return to her husband.
(b) Lady Windemere must beg Darlington's forgiveness.
(c) Lady Windemere must take her son along with her.
(d) Lady Windemere must publicly apologize to her.
9. Lord Windmere begs his wife:
(a) Not to tell anyone about his affair.
(b) To invite Mrs. Erlynne to travel with them.
(c) To tell Mrs. Erlynne she is her daughter.
(d) Not to see Mrs. Erlynne.
10. What, according to Mrs. Erlynne, is better than ideals?
11. Who is Lady Windemere talking to at the start of Act 4?
(a) Lady Plymdale.
(c) Lord Darlington.
(d) Her mother.
12. Who is the one person Lady Windemere must see before she leaves town?
(a) Lady Agatha.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lord Darlington.
(d) The Duchess.
13. What name do Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne share?
(a) Their first name, Mary.
(b) Their middle name, Mary.
(c) Their middle name, Margaret.
(d) Their first name, Margaret.
14. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
(a) He assumes his wife has gone home to rest.
(b) He assumes his wife has found out about his affair.
(c) He assumes Mrs. Erlynne is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(d) He assumes his wife is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
15. Lady Windemere claims that people do not rule life, but rather:
(a) Life tricks people.
(b) Life rules people.
(c) People rule one another.
(d) People rule only themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Mrs. Erlynne's public disgrace?
2. Where does Act 3 take place?
3. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
4. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
5. Lady Windemere describes the roses in the garden at Selby as:
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)