|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Lady Windemere learned about temptation?
(a) That she is irreproachable on the subject.
(b) That she can never forgive those who give in to temptation.
(c) That she is as vulnerable to it as everyone else.
(d) That she is above such trivial things.
2. Where is Mrs. Erlynne going?
(a) Back to America.
(b) To live abroad.
(c) To live with Augustus.
(d) Back to England.
3. What is the truth about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She is Lord Windemere's mother.
(b) She is Lord Windemere's first wife.
(c) She is Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) She is Augustus' mother.
4. What has Rosalie been searching for?
(a) Lady Windemere's cloak.
(b) Lady Windemere's handbag.
(c) Lady Windemere's letter.
(d) Lady Windemere's fan.
5. Cecil Graham says he is interested in Augustus and Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) It is none of his business.
(b) Augustus has been married twice already.
(c) It bores him to death.
(d) Augustus has had an affair with Lady Windemere.
6. Lady Windemere begins to tell her husband the truth about the previous night because:
(a) He begs her to tell him where she went.
(b) He continues to deride Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He cannot forgive the note she wrote him.
(d) He knows the truth anyway.
7. Augustus forgives Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) She has forgiven him everything.
(b) She has explained everything.
(c) She has denied everything.
(d) She has confessed everything.
8. How does Lady Windemere describe Mrs. Erlynne at the end of the play?
(a) As a woman of principles.
(b) As a very good woman.
(c) As an infamous woman.
(d) As a very clever woman.
9. What does Windemere suggest will make Lady Windemere feel better?
(a) They will go away to the city.
(b) They will go away to the ocean.
(c) They will go away to the country.
(d) They will go away and never return.
10. Dumby says the youth of the present have no respect for:
(d) Dyed hair.
11. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They hear Windemere and Darlington fighting.
(b) They hear Lord Darlington sobbing.
(c) They hear Windemere searching the house.
(d) They hear the men returning.
12. Why does Dumby consider a woman who understands one a dangerous thing?
(a) Because one will never be able to hide anything.
(b) Because they will always end up marrying one.
(c) Because one will always have to explain themselves.
(d) Because one will never be entirely happy.
13. What time did Windemere arrive home that night?
(a) Five a.m.
(b) Two a.m.
(d) Ten-thirty p.m.
14. Lady Windemere thinks that Mrs. Erlynne is there because:
(a) Lord Windemere sent her to send his wife away.
(b) Lord Windemere sent her to fetch his wife.
(c) Lord Augustus warned told her where to find her daughter.
(d) Lord Darlington sent her to bring her home.
15. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) Windemere is still too angry at his wife to behave himself.
(b) Augustus wants Windemere to find his wife's fan.
(c) Augustus wants Darlington to have time to escape with Lady Windemere.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne has asked Augustus to detain Windemere as long as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have the men returned to Lord Darlington's house?
2. What does Lord Windemere say about his wife and Mrs. Erlynne?
3. Dumby asks Augustus about Mrs. Erlynne's:
4. What is Mrs. Erlynne's first advice to Lady Windemere?
5. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)