|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mrs. Erlynne, love is:
(a) For fools.
(b) Only an illusion.
(c) Easily killed.
(d) Frequently short-lived.
2. Lord Windemere claims that Mrs. Erlynne is:
3. How does Lady Erlynne know where to find Lady Windemere?
(a) She has read Lady Windemere's letter to her husband.
(b) She has asked Lord Windemere where to find his wife.
(c) She has bribed Parker for the information.
(d) She ask read Lady Windemere's letter to Lord Darlington.
4. After Mrs. Erlynne's long speech, Lady Windemere begs:
(a) Take me away from England!
(b) Leave my husband alone!
(c) Take me home!
(d) Leave me alone!
5. Why is Mrs. Erlynne disgraced before everyone?
(a) She was married once before.
(b) She was found in a man's rooms after leaving the party.
(c) She is not Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) She is penniless.
6. How does Lady Windemere describe Mrs. Erlynne at the end of the play?
(a) As an infamous woman.
(b) As a woman of principles.
(c) As a very clever woman.
(d) As a very good woman.
7. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
(a) She eats it.
(b) She tears it up and throws it out the window.
(c) She tears it up and throws it into the fire.
(d) She gives it to Darlington's servant to destroy.
8. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
(a) He is sick of the women chasing him for his money.
(b) He is sick of the public disgrace.
(c) He is homesick for South America.
(d) He is sick of the society, the climate, and everything else.
9. Augustus believes Mrs. Erlynne will marry him despite:
(a) Knowing he does not love her.
(b) Knowing he is a fool.
(c) Knowing he has no money.
(d) Knowing she is Lady Windemere's mother.
10. Why does Dumby consider a woman who understands one a dangerous thing?
(a) Because they will always end up marrying one.
(b) Because one will always have to explain themselves.
(c) Because one will never be able to hide anything.
(d) Because one will never be entirely happy.
11. Who is Lady Windemere talking to at the start of Act 4?
(a) Lady Plymdale.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Lord Darlington.
12. What is the truth about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She is Lord Windemere's first wife.
(b) She is Augustus' mother.
(c) She is Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) She is Lord Windemere's mother.
13. Lady Windemere describes the roses in the garden at Selby as:
(a) Pink and white.
(b) Shades of pink.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Red and white.
14. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
(a) She knows Mrs. Erlynne is trying to trick her into making a mistake.
(b) Her pride is wounded because her mother has abandoned her.
(c) Her pride is wounded because she still believes her husband has had an affair.
(d) She knows Mrs. Erlynne wants Darlington for herself.
15. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) Augustus wants Windemere to find his wife's fan.
(b) Augustus wants Darlington to have time to escape with Lady Windemere.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne has asked Augustus to detain Windemere as long as possible.
(d) Windemere is still too angry at his wife to behave himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
2. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
3. Why does Lady Windemere regret her decision to go to Darlington's house?
4. Who appears to be asleep during the men's conversation?
5. Lady Windemere claims she will not return to her husband because:
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)