|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere claims she will not return to her husband because:
(a) She is too ashamed of her own behavior.
(b) She is too proud to accept his apologies.
(c) She loves Darlington.
(d) She does not love him.
2. Why does Lord Windemere believe Mrs. Erlynne has returned to find her daughter?
(a) She learned her daughter had married a rich man.
(b) She learned her daughter knew she was alive.
(c) She learned her daughter had a son.
(d) She learned her daughter had run away with another man.
3. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
(a) He would have challenged Darlington to a duel.
(b) He would have thrown Mrs. Erlynne out of the house.
(c) He would have apologized for the affair.
(d) He would have come for her, having read her letter.
4. What makes the men think Darlington has a woman in his rooms?
(a) Cecil Graham finds her fan.
(b) Dumby finds her cloak.
(c) Lord Augustus finds her purse.
(d) Lord Windemere sees her behind the curtains.
5. Who discovers there must be a woman in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(b) Lord Augustus.
(c) Cecil Graham.
(d) Lord Windemere.
6. What does Lord Windemere say about his wife and Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) That his wife is never to leave him again.
(b) That his wife is to call on her immediately.
(c) That his wife must forgive her actions.
(d) That his wife is never to see her again.
7. What has Lady Windemere learned about temptation?
(a) That she can never forgive those who give in to temptation.
(b) That she is as vulnerable to it as everyone else.
(c) That she is above such trivial things.
(d) That she is irreproachable on the subject.
8. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) She claims Lord Windemere gave it to her.
(b) She claims Lady Windemere left it there.
(c) She claims she mistook it for her own and took it from the party.
(d) She claims Lord Darlington took it because he loves Lady Windemere.
9. Cecil Graham says he is interested in Augustus and Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) Augustus has had an affair with Lady Windemere.
(b) Augustus has been married twice already.
(c) It is none of his business.
(d) It bores him to death.
10. Dumby says the youth of the present have no respect for:
(c) Dyed hair.
11. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
(a) Asking him to carry her cloak.
(b) Asking him to carry her fan.
(c) Asking him to get her carriage.
(d) Asking him to escort her out of England.
12. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
(a) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(b) Had left her husband.
(c) Does not know what happened after she left Darlington's.
(d) Believes Mrs. Erlynne betrayed her.
13. What does Lady Windemere threaten?
(a) She threatens to go home and tell her husband the truth.
(b) She threatens to create a huge scandal for herself and Windemere.
(c) She threatens to have an affair with Augustus.
(d) She threatens to expose Mrs. Erlynne to society.
14. When Lady Windemere hears the men's voices, she cries:
(a) They will find me!
(b) Save me!
(c) I will face them!
(d) Don't go without me!
15. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
(a) Her pride is wounded because she still believes her husband has had an affair.
(b) Her pride is wounded because her mother has abandoned her.
(c) She knows Mrs. Erlynne is trying to trick her into making a mistake.
(d) She knows Mrs. Erlynne wants Darlington for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Lady Windemere?
2. If Lady Windemere will return to her husband, Mrs. Erlynne promises:
3. How does Darlington occupy himself while the others are talking?
4. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
5. Why does Windemere want to see Mrs. Erlynne before his wife does?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)