|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lady Windemere describe Mrs. Erlynne at the end of the play?
(a) As an infamous woman.
(b) As a woman of principles.
(c) As a very clever woman.
(d) As a very good woman.
2. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
(a) Because he thinks she is marrying Augustus for his money.
(b) Because he thinks she had an affair with Windemere.
(c) Because he thinks she is marrying Windemere for his money.
(d) Because he thinks she had an affair with Augustus.
3. Dumby says the youth of the present have no respect for:
(d) Dyed hair.
4. What made Cecil Graham admire Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She wanted to be introduced to his Aunt Caroline.
(b) She wanted to be introduced to Lady Plymdale.
(c) She wanted to be introduced to the Duchess.
(d) She wanted to be introduced to Lady Windemere.
5. What is Mrs. Erlynne's first advice to Lady Windemere?
(a) Lady Windemere must publicly apologize to her.
(b) Lady Windemere must beg Darlington's forgiveness.
(c) Lady Windemere must take her son along with her.
(d) Lady Windemere must return to her husband.
6. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They hear Windemere searching the house.
(b) They hear Windemere and Darlington fighting.
(c) They hear the men returning.
(d) They hear Lord Darlington sobbing.
7. What does Windemere suggest will make Lady Windemere feel better?
(a) They will go away to the country.
(b) They will go away to the ocean.
(c) They will go away to the city.
(d) They will go away and never return.
8. Lady Windemere claims she will not return to her husband because:
(a) She does not love him.
(b) She is too ashamed of her own behavior.
(c) She loves Darlington.
(d) She is too proud to accept his apologies.
9. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
(a) Because she fears Augustus will find her there.
(b) Because she knows she will let her daughter down.
(c) Because she fears Windemere will find her there.
(d) Because she knows she has ruined her chances with Lord Windemere.
10. What is ironic about Mrs. Erlynne's public disgrace?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne disgraced herself by trying to disgrace Lady Windemere.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne would have disgraced Lady Windemere first.
(c) Lady Windemere would have disgraced Mrs. Erlynne, but Mrs. Erlynne saved her.
(d) Lady Windemere tried to disgrace her at Lord Darlington's.
11. Who is the one person Lady Windemere must see before she leaves town?
(a) Lady Agatha.
(b) Lord Darlington.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) The Duchess.
12. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
(a) She claims she has come to apologize.
(b) She claims she has come to see her daughter.
(c) She claims she has come to return the fan.
(d) She claims she has come to seek revenge.
13. Who continues to tease Augustus?
(a) Cecil Graham.
(b) Lord Windemere.
(d) Lord Darlington.
14. Who is Lady Windemere talking to at the start of Act 4?
(a) Lady Plymdale.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Lord Darlington.
15. What does Lord Windemere say about his wife and Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) That his wife is never to see her again.
(b) That his wife must forgive her actions.
(c) That his wife is never to leave him again.
(d) That his wife is to call on her immediately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Windmere begs his wife:
2. Mrs. Erlynne claims she knows what it is to be:
3. According to Mrs. Erlynne, love is:
4. Lady Windemere does not believe that the letter destroyed:
5. Mrs. Erlynne claims it is not repentance that consoles one, but:
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)