|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Windemere claims that Mrs. Erlynne is:
2. How does Darlington occupy himself while the others are talking?
(a) He looks for Lady Windemere.
(b) He smokes cigars.
(c) He tries to occupy Lord Windemere.
(d) He writes a few letters.
3. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(b) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
(c) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
(d) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
4. No matter what Lady Windemere suffers, Lady Erlynne claims:
(a) She must leave Darlington.
(b) She must stay with her son.
(c) She must leave immediately.
(d) She must love her husband.
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
(a) Because she knows she has ruined her chances with Lord Windemere.
(b) Because she fears Windemere will find her there.
(c) Because she knows she will let her daughter down.
(d) Because she fears Augustus will find her there.
6. Why does Dumby consider a woman who understands one a dangerous thing?
(a) Because they will always end up marrying one.
(b) Because one will never be able to hide anything.
(c) Because one will always have to explain themselves.
(d) Because one will never be entirely happy.
7. If Lady Windemere will return to her husband, Mrs. Erlynne promises:
(a) Never to communicate with him again.
(b) Never to reveal her affair with Darlington.
(c) Marry Augustus and leave town.
(d) To be better mother to her daughter.
8. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
(a) Asking him to escort her out of England.
(b) Asking him to carry her fan.
(c) Asking him to get her carriage.
(d) Asking him to carry her cloak.
9. Why does Lord Windemere believe Mrs. Erlynne has returned to find her daughter?
(a) She learned her daughter had married a rich man.
(b) She learned her daughter had a son.
(c) She learned her daughter had run away with another man.
(d) She learned her daughter knew she was alive.
10. When Lady Windemere hears the men's voices, she cries:
(a) I will face them!
(b) Save me!
(c) They will find me!
(d) Don't go without me!
11. What does Mrs. Erlynne threaten to do if Windemere reveals her secret?
(a) She will scandalize herself.
(b) She will divorce Augustus.
(c) She will leave town immediately.
(d) She will reveal their affair to Lady Windemere.
12. Lady Windemere describes the roses in the garden at Selby as:
(a) Pink and white.
(b) Red and white.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Shades of pink.
13. What is the truth about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She is Lady Windemere's mother.
(b) She is Lord Windemere's first wife.
(c) She is Augustus' mother.
(d) She is Lord Windemere's mother.
14. Dumby says the youth of the present have no respect for:
(b) Dyed hair.
15. What is ironic about Mrs. Erlynne's public disgrace?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne would have disgraced Lady Windemere first.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne disgraced herself by trying to disgrace Lady Windemere.
(c) Lady Windemere tried to disgrace her at Lord Darlington's.
(d) Lady Windemere would have disgraced Mrs. Erlynne, but Mrs. Erlynne saved her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
2. How does Lady Erlynne know where to find Lady Windemere?
3. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
4. What, according to Mrs. Erlynne, is better than ideals?
5. Cecil Graham says he is interested in Augustus and Mrs. Erlynne because:
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)