|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Windemere threaten?
(a) She threatens to go home and tell her husband the truth.
(b) She threatens to have an affair with Augustus.
(c) She threatens to expose Mrs. Erlynne to society.
(d) She threatens to create a huge scandal for herself and Windemere.
2. Why does Dumby consider a woman who understands one a dangerous thing?
(a) Because one will never be entirely happy.
(b) Because one will never be able to hide anything.
(c) Because they will always end up marrying one.
(d) Because one will always have to explain themselves.
3. Just as Lady Windemere attempts to tell her husband the truth:
(a) Parker announces Lord Darlington has come to call.
(b) Parker announces Augustus has come to call.
(c) Parker announces Mrs. Erlynne has come to call.
(d) Parker announces the Duchess has come to call.
4. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
(b) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
(c) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(d) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
5. Mrs. Erlynne claims she knows what it is to be:
(a) A dog.
(b) A leper.
(c) A whore.
(d) An outcast.
6. Why does Lord Darlington forbid Windemere to search his rooms?
(a) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is there.
(b) He knows Lady Agatha is there.
(c) He knows Lady Windemere must be there.
(d) He knows there is no one in his rooms.
7. What is Mrs. Erlynne's first advice to Lady Windemere?
(a) Lady Windemere must return to her husband.
(b) Lady Windemere must publicly apologize to her.
(c) Lady Windemere must take her son along with her.
(d) Lady Windemere must beg Darlington's forgiveness.
8. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
(a) She knows Mrs. Erlynne is trying to trick her into making a mistake.
(b) She knows Mrs. Erlynne wants Darlington for herself.
(c) Her pride is wounded because her mother has abandoned her.
(d) Her pride is wounded because she still believes her husband has had an affair.
9. Lady Windemere begins to tell her husband the truth about the previous night because:
(a) He begs her to tell him where she went.
(b) He cannot forgive the note she wrote him.
(c) He knows the truth anyway.
(d) He continues to deride Mrs. Erlynne.
10. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
(a) Lady Agatha.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lady Plymdale.
(d) Lady Windemere.
11. Lady Windemere does not believe that the letter destroyed:
(a) Was actually thrown into the fire.
(b) Was in her handwriting.
(c) Was actually her letter.
(d) Was not shown to her husband.
12. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
(a) Because she fears Windemere will find her there.
(b) Because she knows she will let her daughter down.
(c) Because she fears Augustus will find her there.
(d) Because she knows she has ruined her chances with Lord Windemere.
13. Where does Act 3 take place?
(a) In Lady Windemere's rooms.
(b) In Mrs. Erlynne's rooms.
(c) In Lord Darlington's rooms.
(d) In Lord Windermere's rooms.
14. Lady Windemere claims that people do not rule life, but rather:
(a) Life tricks people.
(b) Life rules people.
(c) People rule one another.
(d) People rule only themselves.
15. What does Mrs. Erlynne claim to dislike about London?
(a) The heat.
(b) The rain.
(c) The cold.
(d) The fogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
2. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
3. Mrs. Erlynne claims it is not repentance that consoles one, but:
4. Dumby says the youth of the present have no respect for:
5. Lady Windemere has always thought her mother:
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)