|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
(a) She claims she has come to see her daughter.
(b) She claims she has come to seek revenge.
(c) She claims she has come to apologize.
(d) She claims she has come to return the fan.
2. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
(a) He would have apologized for the affair.
(b) He would have thrown Mrs. Erlynne out of the house.
(c) He would have come for her, having read her letter.
(d) He would have challenged Darlington to a duel.
3. Why does Windemere want to see Mrs. Erlynne before his wife does?
(a) He wants to protect his wife from the "truth" about her mother.
(b) He wants to protect Mrs. Erlynne from his wife's revenge.
(c) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from entering society.
(d) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from marrying Augustus.
4. What admonishment does Mrs. Erlynne give Lord Windemere?
(a) Mortals before gods.
(b) Morals before marriage.
(c) Age before beauty.
(d) Manners before morals.
5. Who discovers there must be a woman in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) Cecil Graham.
(b) Lord Windemere.
(c) Lord Augustus.
6. Why have the men returned to Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They were thrown out of Windemere's house.
(b) They are eager to catch Darlington with Lady Windemere.
(c) They were thrown out of the pub.
(d) They are planning to confront Lady Windemere.
7. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
(a) Her pride is wounded because she still believes her husband has had an affair.
(b) She knows Mrs. Erlynne is trying to trick her into making a mistake.
(c) She knows Mrs. Erlynne wants Darlington for herself.
(d) Her pride is wounded because her mother has abandoned her.
8. According to Lady Windemere, actions are the first tragedy in life, and:
(a) Words are the second.
(b) Deeds are the second.
(c) Love is the second.
(d) Betrayal is the second.
9. Cecil Graham says he is interested in Augustus and Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) Augustus has been married twice already.
(b) Augustus has had an affair with Lady Windemere.
(c) It is none of his business.
(d) It bores him to death.
10. Where is Mrs. Erlynne going?
(a) Back to England.
(b) To live abroad.
(c) Back to America.
(d) To live with Augustus.
11. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
(b) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(c) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
(d) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
12. What is Augustus' reaction to Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) He looks at Mrs. Erlynne in disgust.
(b) He turns away from Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He confronts Mrs. Erlynne angrily.
(d) He embraces Mrs. Erlynne.
13. Who is the one person Lady Windemere must see before she leaves town?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lady Agatha.
(d) The Duchess.
14. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) She claims she mistook it for her own and took it from the party.
(b) She claims Lord Windemere gave it to her.
(c) She claims Lord Darlington took it because he loves Lady Windemere.
(d) She claims Lady Windemere left it there.
15. Lord Windemere claims that Mrs. Erlynne is:
Short Answer Questions
1. Before she leaves, Mrs. Erlynne asks for:
2. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
3. Lady Windemere thinks that Mrs. Erlynne is there because:
4. How does Lady Windemere describe Mrs. Erlynne at the end of the play?
5. Augustus believes Mrs. Erlynne will marry him despite:
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)