|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Erlynne's first advice to Lady Windemere?
(a) Lady Windemere must take her son along with her.
(b) Lady Windemere must publicly apologize to her.
(c) Lady Windemere must return to her husband.
(d) Lady Windemere must beg Darlington's forgiveness.
2. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
(a) She gives it to Darlington's servant to destroy.
(b) She tears it up and throws it into the fire.
(c) She eats it.
(d) She tears it up and throws it out the window.
3. Mrs. Erlynne claims it is not repentance that consoles one, but:
4. Why does Dumby consider a woman who understands one a dangerous thing?
(a) Because one will never be able to hide anything.
(b) Because one will always have to explain themselves.
(c) Because they will always end up marrying one.
(d) Because one will never be entirely happy.
5. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
(a) He is sick of the public disgrace.
(b) He is homesick for South America.
(c) He is sick of the women chasing him for his money.
(d) He is sick of the society, the climate, and everything else.
6. Lord Windemere claims that Mrs. Erlynne is:
7. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
(a) He would have thrown Mrs. Erlynne out of the house.
(b) He would have challenged Darlington to a duel.
(c) He would have apologized for the affair.
(d) He would have come for her, having read her letter.
8. Lady Windemere has always thought her mother:
(a) Did not love her.
(b) Was living abroad.
(c) Ran away with another man.
(d) Was dead.
9. What does Lady Windemere threaten?
(a) She threatens to go home and tell her husband the truth.
(b) She threatens to have an affair with Augustus.
(c) She threatens to expose Mrs. Erlynne to society.
(d) She threatens to create a huge scandal for herself and Windemere.
10. Lady Windemere feels it is her duty to:
(a) Tell her mother the truth about her father.
(b) Tell her husband the truth about the previous evening.
(c) Tell her husband the truth about her mother.
(d) Tell her mother about her affair with Darlington.
11. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
(a) He assumes Mrs. Erlynne is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(b) He assumes his wife has gone home to rest.
(c) He assumes his wife is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(d) He assumes his wife has found out about his affair.
12. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They hear Lord Darlington sobbing.
(b) They hear Windemere searching the house.
(c) They hear the men returning.
(d) They hear Windemere and Darlington fighting.
13. What time did Windemere arrive home that night?
(a) Ten-thirty p.m.
(c) Two a.m.
(d) Five a.m.
14. Who does Cecil Graham admire aloud?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Agatha.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Lady Windemere.
15. Where does Act 3 take place?
(a) In Lord Darlington's rooms.
(b) In Lord Windermere's rooms.
(c) In Lady Windemere's rooms.
(d) In Mrs. Erlynne's rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Cecil Graham admire Mrs. Erlynne?
2. Who continues to tease Augustus?
3. Before she leaves, Mrs. Erlynne asks for:
4. What does Windemere suggest will make Lady Windemere feel better?
5. What is Lady Windemere doing at the start of the act?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)