|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere thinks that Mrs. Erlynne is there because:
(a) Lord Windemere sent her to fetch his wife.
(b) Lord Windemere sent her to send his wife away.
(c) Lord Darlington sent her to bring her home.
(d) Lord Augustus warned told her where to find her daughter.
2. Why does Windemere want to see Mrs. Erlynne before his wife does?
(a) He wants to protect Mrs. Erlynne from his wife's revenge.
(b) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from marrying Augustus.
(c) He wants to protect his wife from the "truth" about her mother.
(d) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from entering society.
3. What did Windemere do in the morning?
(a) Gave Mrs. Erlynne Lady Windemere's fan.
(b) Knocked at Lady Windemere's door.
(c) Wrote Lady Windemere a letter.
(d) Left the house for work.
4. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for visiting Lady Windemere?
(a) She claims she has come to return the fan.
(b) She claims she has come to see her daughter.
(c) She claims she has come to seek revenge.
(d) She claims she has come to apologize.
5. Augustus forgives Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) She has explained everything.
(b) She has forgiven him everything.
(c) She has denied everything.
(d) She has confessed everything.
6. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
(a) Lady Windemere.
(b) Lady Plymdale.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Lady Agatha.
7. What name do Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne share?
(a) Their first name, Margaret.
(b) Their middle name, Mary.
(c) Their first name, Mary.
(d) Their middle name, Margaret.
8. Who is the one person Lady Windemere must see before she leaves town?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) Lady Agatha.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Lord Darlington.
9. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
(a) Because he thinks she is marrying Windemere for his money.
(b) Because he thinks she had an affair with Augustus.
(c) Because he thinks she is marrying Augustus for his money.
(d) Because he thinks she had an affair with Windemere.
10. Why does Dumby consider a woman who understands one a dangerous thing?
(a) Because one will never be entirely happy.
(b) Because one will never be able to hide anything.
(c) Because they will always end up marrying one.
(d) Because one will always have to explain themselves.
11. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
(a) He is homesick for South America.
(b) He is sick of the women chasing him for his money.
(c) He is sick of the public disgrace.
(d) He is sick of the society, the climate, and everything else.
12. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They hear the men returning.
(b) They hear Windemere searching the house.
(c) They hear Windemere and Darlington fighting.
(d) They hear Lord Darlington sobbing.
13. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
(a) To save her daughter from making a hideous mistake.
(b) To trick Lady Windemere into returning home.
(c) To save her daughter from a life with an unloving husband.
(d) To save Lord Windemere from scandal.
14. What, according to Mrs. Erlynne, is better than ideals?
15. Who continues to tease Augustus?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) Cecil Graham.
(d) Lord Windemere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
2. Dumby asks Augustus about Mrs. Erlynne's:
3. How does Lady Erlynne know where to find Lady Windemere?
4. What gift does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Lady Windemere?
5. Augustus overlooks rumors of Mrs. Erlynne's affairs because:
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)