|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
(a) She knows Mrs. Erlynne is trying to trick her into making a mistake.
(b) Her pride is wounded because she still believes her husband has had an affair.
(c) She knows Mrs. Erlynne wants Darlington for herself.
(d) Her pride is wounded because her mother has abandoned her.
2. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Windemere.
(c) Lady Agatha.
(d) Lady Plymdale.
3. What has Rosalie been searching for?
(a) Lady Windemere's fan.
(b) Lady Windemere's letter.
(c) Lady Windemere's cloak.
(d) Lady Windemere's handbag.
4. How does Lady Erlynne know where to find Lady Windemere?
(a) She has asked Lord Windemere where to find his wife.
(b) She ask read Lady Windemere's letter to Lord Darlington.
(c) She has read Lady Windemere's letter to her husband.
(d) She has bribed Parker for the information.
5. Lady Windemere has always thought her mother:
(a) Did not love her.
(b) Ran away with another man.
(c) Was dead.
(d) Was living abroad.
6. What illusion did Mrs. Erlynne lose the previous night?
(a) She found she was greedy.
(b) She found she had contempt for society.
(c) She found she loved no man.
(d) She found she had a heart.
7. Lady Windemere feels it is her duty to:
(a) Tell her husband the truth about the previous evening.
(b) Tell her mother the truth about her father.
(c) Tell her husband the truth about her mother.
(d) Tell her mother about her affair with Darlington.
8. Who is the one person Lady Windemere must see before she leaves town?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Agatha.
(c) Lord Darlington.
(d) The Duchess.
9. What is Augustus' reaction to Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) He turns away from Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) He looks at Mrs. Erlynne in disgust.
(c) He confronts Mrs. Erlynne angrily.
(d) He embraces Mrs. Erlynne.
10. What, according to Mrs. Erlynne, is better than ideals?
11. Mrs. Erlynne claims it is not repentance that consoles one, but:
12. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
(a) She gives it to Darlington's servant to destroy.
(b) She eats it.
(c) She tears it up and throws it out the window.
(d) She tears it up and throws it into the fire.
13. What gift does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Lady Windemere?
(a) A letter opener.
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A photograph.
14. What is the truth about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She is Lord Windemere's mother.
(b) She is Augustus' mother.
(c) She is Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) She is Lord Windemere's first wife.
15. What does Lord Windemere say about his wife and Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) That his wife is never to see her again.
(b) That his wife is to call on her immediately.
(c) That his wife is never to leave him again.
(d) That his wife must forgive her actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name do Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne share?
2. Mrs. Erlynne claims she knows what it is to be:
3. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
4. What is ironic about Mrs. Erlynne's public disgrace?
5. How does Lady Windemere describe Mrs. Erlynne at the end of the play?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)