|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lord Darlington forbid Windemere to search his rooms?
(a) He knows Lady Windemere must be there.
(b) He knows Lady Agatha is there.
(c) He knows there is no one in his rooms.
(d) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is there.
2. Just as Lady Windemere attempts to tell her husband the truth:
(a) Parker announces Lord Darlington has come to call.
(b) Parker announces the Duchess has come to call.
(c) Parker announces Augustus has come to call.
(d) Parker announces Mrs. Erlynne has come to call.
3. Lady Windemere has always thought her mother:
(a) Was dead.
(b) Ran away with another man.
(c) Did not love her.
(d) Was living abroad.
4. What is Lady Windemere doing at the start of the act?
(a) She is waiting for Darlington to arrive so she can accept him.
(b) She is waiting for her husband to arrive.
(c) She is waiting to confront Darlington on his affair.
(d) She is waiting to reject Darlington's proposition.
5. What name do Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne share?
(a) Their middle name, Margaret.
(b) Their first name, Margaret.
(c) Their middle name, Mary.
(d) Their first name, Mary.
6. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
(a) He would have come for her, having read her letter.
(b) He would have apologized for the affair.
(c) He would have thrown Mrs. Erlynne out of the house.
(d) He would have challenged Darlington to a duel.
7. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) Augustus wants Windemere to find his wife's fan.
(b) Augustus wants Darlington to have time to escape with Lady Windemere.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne has asked Augustus to detain Windemere as long as possible.
(d) Windemere is still too angry at his wife to behave himself.
8. Why does Lord Windemere believe Mrs. Erlynne has returned to find her daughter?
(a) She learned her daughter had married a rich man.
(b) She learned her daughter had run away with another man.
(c) She learned her daughter had a son.
(d) She learned her daughter knew she was alive.
9. What has Lady Windemere learned about temptation?
(a) That she can never forgive those who give in to temptation.
(b) That she is above such trivial things.
(c) That she is irreproachable on the subject.
(d) That she is as vulnerable to it as everyone else.
10. What illusion did Mrs. Erlynne lose the previous night?
(a) She found she loved no man.
(b) She found she had contempt for society.
(c) She found she had a heart.
(d) She found she was greedy.
11. What gift does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Lady Windemere?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A letter opener.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
12. Who is the one person Lady Windemere must see before she leaves town?
(a) Lady Agatha.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Lord Darlington.
13. Mrs. Erlynne claims it is not repentance that consoles one, but:
14. Augustus believes Mrs. Erlynne will marry him despite:
(a) Knowing she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(b) Knowing he is a fool.
(c) Knowing he has no money.
(d) Knowing he does not love her.
15. Dumby asks Augustus about Mrs. Erlynne's:
(c) Past marriages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lady Windemere talking to at the start of Act 4?
2. Lady Windemere claims that people do not rule life, but rather:
3. What time did Windemere arrive home that night?
4. Why does Lady Windemere wish to see Mrs. Erlynne?
5. What is ironic about Mrs. Erlynne's public disgrace?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)