|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
(a) Wives of men she knows.
(b) Married guests.
(c) Male guests only.
(d) Female guests only.
2. Lord Darlington claims be pretends to be bad because if you pretend to be good:
(a) The world rejects you.
(b) The world will not take you seriously.
(c) The world will expect you to be good every day.
(d) The world takes you very seriously.
3. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
4. Lord Windemere asks Lady Windemere to:
(a) Follow him.
(b) Trust him.
(c) Tolerate him.
(d) Forgive him.
5. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
(a) He will pay attention to Mrs. Erlynne instead of her.
(b) He will deny her admittance to society.
(c) He will confirm that she is an unacceptable woman.
(d) He will pay attention to his own wife again.
6. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
(b) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
(c) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
(d) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
7. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
(a) Come back to her because he loves her.
(b) Come back to her happy and fulfilled.
(c) Come back to her slightly damaged.
(d) Never return to her.
8. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
(a) She needs money to get out of town.
(b) She needs money for the marriage settlement.
(c) She needs Windemere to walk her down the aisle.
(d) She needs Windemere to encourage Augustus to propose.
9. Lady Windemere claims she cannot run away with Darlington because:
(a) She still loves her husband.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She does not have the courage.
(d) She is afraid to leave her child.
10. Lady Windemere:
(a) Has suspected her husband of having an affair.
(b) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(c) Does not believe Mrs. Erylnne exists.
(d) Has never heard of Mrs. Erlynne.
11. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
(b) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
(c) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
(d) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
12. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
(a) Hopper has proposed to Agatha.
(b) Hopper has left Agatha for Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Their affair has been found out.
(d) Hopper will leave for Australia since Agatha will not marry him.
13. Because she does not insult Mrs. Erlynne, Lady Windemere considers herself a:
14. Lady Windemere's first name is:
15. Augustus describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
2. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
3. How does Mrs. Erlynne find the letter Lady Windemere left behind?
4. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)