|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
(b) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
(c) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
2. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
(a) Married guests.
(b) Male guests only.
(c) Wives of men she knows.
(d) Female guests only.
3. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
(a) He writes her a note of apology.
(b) He confesses he is in love with Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He invites her himself.
(d) He accepts Lady Windemere's decision.
4. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Lady Agatha.
(d) Lady Windemere.
5. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
(b) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
(c) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(d) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
6. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
(a) Only broke his heart.
(b) Only broke one of her vows.
(c) Only broke his trust.
(d) Only broke its bondage.
7. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It has her birth date on it.
(b) It used to be her mother's.
(c) It has her name on it.
(d) It came from London.
8. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
9. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
(a) She is arranging flowers.
(b) She is writing invitations.
(c) She is arranging dishes.
(d) She is cleaning her house.
10. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
(a) He wants to annoy his aunt.
(b) He cannot resist Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He knows his aunt will find her amusing.
(d) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is respectable.
11. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
(a) Begs her husband's forgiveness.
(b) Defies her husband's wishes.
(c) Gives in to her husband's request.
(d) Demands an apology from her husband.
12. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) Lord Augustus.
(b) The Duke of Berwick.
(c) Lord Darlington.
(d) Lord Windemere.
13. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
(a) She needs Windemere to walk her down the aisle.
(b) She needs money for the marriage settlement.
(c) She needs Windemere to encourage Augustus to propose.
(d) She needs money to get out of town.
14. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A violent gesture.
(b) A rapid divorce.
(c) A long, loveless marriage.
(d) A public scandal.
15. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost every guest at the party exhibits some form of:
2. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
3. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
4. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
5. Who enters looking for Lady Windemere?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)