|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims be pretends to be bad because if you pretend to be good:
(a) The world will expect you to be good every day.
(b) The world takes you very seriously.
(c) The world rejects you.
(d) The world will not take you seriously.
2. Lady Windemere says she believes:
(a) Lord Darlington is exactly like all the other men she knows.
(b) Lord Darlington pretends to be a "bad" man.
(c) Lord Darlington only pretends to be a "good" man.
(d) Lord Darlington is much worse than most other men.
3. Augustus describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
4. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
(a) Lord Darlington confesses his affair with Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lord Darlington declares his love for her.
(c) Lord Darlington calls her a coward.
(d) Lord Darlington refuses her marriage proposal.
5. The Duchess plans to thwart:
(a) Hopper and Agatha's wedding.
(b) Hopper and Agatha's living in Australia.
(c) Hopper and Agatha's affair.
(d) Hopper and Agatha's next dance.
6. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
(a) That she is ill and has gone up to bed.
(b) That she is planning to have an affair.
(c) That she forgives him for everything.
(d) That she is planning to leave him.
7. When Mrs. Erlynne reads her daughter's letter, she asks:
(a) How can I save my child?
(b) How can I face my child now?
(c) How can I find her at this late hour?
(d) How can I gain my child's trust?
8. After the Duchess meets Mrs. Erlynne, she:
(a) Runs to Darlington for help.
(b) Denies her acceptance into society.
(c) Approves of her.
(d) Encourages her to marry Augustus.
9. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
(a) She needs Windemere to encourage Augustus to propose.
(b) She needs money to get out of town.
(c) She needs Windemere to walk her down the aisle.
(d) She needs money for the marriage settlement.
10. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
(a) Lady Agatha.
(b) Lady Windemere.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne.
11. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(b) The other woman.
(c) That horrid woman.
(d) That fascinating woman.
12. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Her wedding.
(c) Her son's birth.
(d) Her anniversary.
13. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It has her name on it.
(b) It has her birth date on it.
(c) It came from London.
(d) It used to be her mother's.
14. What is occurring at the start of Act 2?
(a) Lord Windemere's confrontation with Lord Darlington.
(b) Lord and Lady Windemere's divorce proceedings.
(c) Lady Windemere's confrontation with Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Lady Windemere's ball.
15. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
(a) Pretend to admire her.
(b) Forbid her to enter.
(c) Insult her.
(d) Treat her kindly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Augustus is to call on Mrs. Erlynne in order to:
2. Lord Windemere asks Lady Windemere to:
3. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
4. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
5. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)