|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) Lord Augustus.
(b) Lord Windemere.
(c) The Duke of Berwick.
(d) Lord Darlington.
2. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
(a) Lady Agatha.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lady Windemere.
(d) The Duchess.
3. When Mrs. Erlynne reads her daughter's letter, she asks:
(a) How can I find her at this late hour?
(b) How can I save my child?
(c) How can I face my child now?
(d) How can I gain my child's trust?
4. What is occurring at the start of Act 2?
(a) Lady Windemere's ball.
(b) Lord Windemere's confrontation with Lord Darlington.
(c) Lady Windemere's confrontation with Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Lord and Lady Windemere's divorce proceedings.
5. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her daughters.
(d) Her nieces.
6. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her anniversary.
(b) Her son's birth.
(c) Her wedding.
(d) Her birthday.
7. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
(a) Lord Darlington calls her a coward.
(b) Lord Darlington confesses his affair with Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lord Darlington declares his love for her.
(d) Lord Darlington refuses her marriage proposal.
8. What favor does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Augustus?
(a) She asks him to avoid Windemere.
(b) She asks him to keep Windemere out all night.
(c) She asks him to keep Lady Windmere out all night.
(d) She asks him to deliver Lady Windermer's letter to her husband.
9. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
10. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
(a) He writes her a note of apology.
(b) He confesses he is in love with Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He invites her himself.
(d) He accepts Lady Windemere's decision.
11. Augustus is:
(a) Lady Windemere's brother.
(b) The Duchess' brother.
(c) The Duchess' husband.
(d) Lord Darlington's brother.
12. When Lord Windemere cannot find his wife, Mrs. Erlynne tells him:
(a) She has gone to bed.
(b) She has gone to check on their son.
(c) She has left him for good.
(d) She has gone to the hospital.
13. Lady Windemere says she believes:
(a) Lord Darlington pretends to be a "bad" man.
(b) Lord Darlington only pretends to be a "good" man.
(c) Lord Darlington is exactly like all the other men she knows.
(d) Lord Darlington is much worse than most other men.
14. What nickname does Cecil Graham use for Augustus?
15. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It has her name on it.
(b) It came from London.
(c) It used to be her mother's.
(d) It has her birth date on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims be pretends to be bad because if you pretend to be good:
2. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
3. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
4. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
5. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)