|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
2. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
(a) Reject Lady Windemere.
(b) Admire Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Reject Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Pity Lady Windemere.
3. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
(a) She will strike Mrs. Erlynne across the face with it.
(b) She will throw it into the fire.
(c) She will sell it on the street.
(d) She will strike Lord Windemere in the face with it.
4. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
(a) He says they make goodness of extraordinary importance.
(b) He says they make badness of extraordinary importance.
(c) He says they make bad people look exciting.
(d) He says they are not really good on the inside.
5. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
(a) He wants to be her friend in case she needs one some day.
(b) He wants to be her friend in case he falls in love with her.
(c) He wants to be her friend in case her husband leaves her.
(d) He wants her to be friends with Lord Windemere.
6. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
(a) So he does not discover that his wife is missing.
(b) So that she can try to borrow money from Lady Windemere.
(c) So he does not discover that she has looked in his bank book.
(d) So that Windemere will come back in a better mood.
7. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
(a) Writes her husband a letter.
(b) Writes Mrs. Erlynne a letter.
(c) Has a glass of wine.
(d) Breaks her fan in half.
8. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
(a) She tears it up.
(b) She throws it off the terrace.
(c) She reads it.
(d) She brings it to Lord Windemere.
9. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) Ruin them.
(b) End their marriage.
(c) Destroy their chance of being accepted by Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Ruin Mrs. Erlynne.
10. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
(a) He will deny her admittance to society.
(b) He will pay attention to his own wife again.
(c) He will pay attention to Mrs. Erlynne instead of her.
(d) He will confirm that she is an unacceptable woman.
11. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A violent gesture.
(b) A long, loveless marriage.
(c) A rapid divorce.
(d) A public scandal.
12. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
(a) He invites her himself.
(b) He accepts Lady Windemere's decision.
(c) He confesses he is in love with Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) He writes her a note of apology.
13. Augustus asks:
(a) What reward he will receive for helping Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne is interested in Lady Windemere.
(c) What is the purpose of Mrs. Erlynne's errand.
(d) Why Mrs. Erlynne has read Lady Windemere's letter.
14. Almost every guest at the party exhibits some form of:
15. Augustus is:
(a) Lady Windemere's brother.
(b) The Duchess' husband.
(c) Lord Darlington's brother.
(d) The Duchess' brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
2. Lord Windemere asks Lady Windemere to:
3. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
4. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
5. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)