|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
(a) Forbid her to enter.
(b) Pretend to admire her.
(c) Treat her kindly.
(d) Insult her.
2. Augustus is:
(a) Lord Darlington's brother.
(b) Lady Windemere's brother.
(c) The Duchess' brother.
(d) The Duchess' husband.
3. How does Mrs. Erlynne find the letter Lady Windemere left behind?
(a) Parker throws it at her.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne finds it on the table.
(c) Parker tells her about it.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne searches the room for it.
4. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
(a) Sending her out to look at the sunset.
(b) Sending her out for tea.
(c) Sending her to Mrs. Erlynne's house.
(d) Sending her home to dress for the party.
5. What favor does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Augustus?
(a) She asks him to deliver Lady Windermer's letter to her husband.
(b) She asks him to keep Windemere out all night.
(c) She asks him to keep Lady Windmere out all night.
(d) She asks him to avoid Windemere.
6. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
(a) Give up saying what is true as well.
(b) Give up flattering other women.
(c) Give up on romance.
(d) Give up thinking what is charming.
7. Augustus describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
8. Mrs. Erlynne fears that:
(a) Life is repeating itself.
(b) She will never find Lady Windemere.
(c) Life is playing a joke on her.
(d) She has failed a test in life.
9. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(b) The other woman.
(c) That fascinating woman.
(d) That horrid woman.
10. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her nieces.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her daughters.
11. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
(a) Does not happen.
(b) Does not matter.
(c) Denies them access to good wives.
(d) Prevents them from acceptability.
12. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
(a) He will deny her admittance to society.
(b) He will pay attention to his own wife again.
(c) He will pay attention to Mrs. Erlynne instead of her.
(d) He will confirm that she is an unacceptable woman.
13. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
(b) Hard and fast rules of conduct.
(d) Different rules of conduct for men and women.
14. Lady Windemere claims she cannot run away with Darlington because:
(a) She does not have the courage.
(b) She still loves her husband.
(c) She is afraid to leave her child.
(d) She does not love him.
15. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
(a) She left her husband when he had an affair, and she too wrote a letter.
(b) She wrote her daughter a letter to tell her the truth about her father.
(c) She deserted her husband for Lord Windemere, and wrote him a letter about it.
(d) She wrote a letter to Lord Windemere telling him the whole truth about her past.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
2. Darlington warns Lady Windemere that it is a dangerous thing to:
3. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
4. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
5. Mrs. Erlynne wants to be introduced to the women at the party so that:
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)