|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
(a) In love with another woman.
2. Augustus asks:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne is interested in Lady Windemere.
(b) What is the purpose of Mrs. Erlynne's errand.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne has read Lady Windemere's letter.
(d) What reward he will receive for helping Mrs. Erlynne.
3. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
(a) He says they make bad people look exciting.
(b) He says they make badness of extraordinary importance.
(c) He says they are not really good on the inside.
(d) He says they make goodness of extraordinary importance.
4. Lord Darlington tries to convince Lady Windemere that:
(a) She can no longer live with Lord Windemere.
(b) She should run away with Lord Augustus.
(c) She can no longer hold her head up in society.
(d) She should never speak to Mrs. Erlynne.
5. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She decides to forget the whole episode.
(b) She decides to run away with Lord Darlington.
(c) She decides to publicly shame Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) She decides to confront her husband.
6. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
7. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
(a) She throws it off the terrace.
(b) She tears it up.
(c) She reads it.
(d) She brings it to Lord Windemere.
8. Mrs. Erlynne wants to be introduced to the women at the party so that:
(a) She will be accepted into society.
(b) She will have someone to talk to.
(c) People will know she is not having an affair with Windemere.
(d) She can find out who her daughter is.
9. Why doesn't Lord Windemere want to talk to Mrs. Erlynne about money at the ball?
(a) He wants to discourage Augustus from the match.
(b) He wants to save his money for his child.
(c) He wants to discourage Mrs. Erlynne from the match.
(d) He wants to go find his wife.
10. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
11. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
12. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
13. What does Lady Windemere believe about her mother?
(a) That she left Lady Windemere's father for another man.
(b) That she was not stern enough.
(c) That she would some day return for Lady Windemere.
(d) That she died when Lady Windemere was a child.
14. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her nieces.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her daughters.
15. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
(a) Does not matter.
(b) Prevents them from acceptability.
(c) Denies them access to good wives.
(d) Does not happen.
Short Answer Questions
1. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
2. Lady Windemere says she believes:
3. Lord Augustus describes Cecil Graham as:
4. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
5. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)