|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere believes she lives in a "bad" age because:
(a) People look on life as a sacrifice.
(b) People look on life as a speculation.
(c) People look on life as a stipulation.
(d) People look on life as a superstition.
2. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
(a) He will leave London.
(b) He will leave England.
(c) He will leave France.
(d) He will leave America.
3. What is occurring at the start of Act 2?
(a) Lady Windemere's confrontation with Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Windemere's ball.
(c) Lord and Lady Windemere's divorce proceedings.
(d) Lord Windemere's confrontation with Lord Darlington.
4. Mrs. Erlynne dances with Lord Windermere in order to:
(a) Get revenge on Lord Augustus.
(b) Make Augustus jealous.
(c) Get revenge on Lady Windemere.
(d) Make Lady Windemere jealous.
5. How does Mrs. Erlynne find the letter Lady Windemere left behind?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne finds it on the table.
(b) Parker tells her about it.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne searches the room for it.
(d) Parker throws it at her.
6. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
(a) Reject Lady Windemere.
(b) Pity Lady Windemere.
(c) Reject Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Admire Mrs. Erlynne.
7. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
(a) Pretend to admire her.
(b) Treat her kindly.
(c) Insult her.
(d) Forbid her to enter.
8. Lady Agatha is:
(a) Lady Windemere's daughter.
(b) The Duchess of Berwick's daughter.
(c) Lord Darlington's daughter.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne's daughter.
9. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
10. Because she does not insult Mrs. Erlynne, Lady Windemere considers herself a:
11. In Act 2 the audience learns:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne wishes to leave England.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne despises her daughter.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne has no female friends.
(d) Why Mrs. Erlynne left her family.
12. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
(a) Denies them access to good wives.
(b) Does not happen.
(c) Does not matter.
(d) Prevents them from acceptability.
13. Lady Windemere:
(a) Does not believe Mrs. Erylnne exists.
(b) Has suspected her husband of having an affair.
(c) Has never heard of Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
14. Why doesn't Lord Windemere want to talk to Mrs. Erlynne about money at the ball?
(a) He wants to go find his wife.
(b) He wants to discourage Augustus from the match.
(c) He wants to save his money for his child.
(d) He wants to discourage Mrs. Erlynne from the match.
15. Lord Darlington tries to convince Lady Windemere that:
(a) She can no longer live with Lord Windemere.
(b) She should run away with Lord Augustus.
(c) She can no longer hold her head up in society.
(d) She should never speak to Mrs. Erlynne.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
2. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
3. Lord Darlington believes people are either:
4. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
5. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)