|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
(a) So that Windemere will come back in a better mood.
(b) So he does not discover that she has looked in his bank book.
(c) So he does not discover that his wife is missing.
(d) So that she can try to borrow money from Lady Windemere.
2. In Act 2 the audience learns:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne despises her daughter.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne has no female friends.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne left her family.
(d) Why Mrs. Erlynne wishes to leave England.
3. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
(a) Come back to her slightly damaged.
(b) Come back to her happy and fulfilled.
(c) Never return to her.
(d) Come back to her because he loves her.
4. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He fears she will marry Lord Windemere.
(b) He fears she will not marry him.
(c) He fears she will never be accepted into society.
(d) He fears she will never be alone with him.
5. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
(a) Lord Darlington calls her a coward.
(b) Lord Darlington refuses her marriage proposal.
(c) Lord Darlington declares his love for her.
(d) Lord Darlington confesses his affair with Mrs. Erlynne.
6. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
(a) Breaks her fan in half.
(b) Writes her husband a letter.
(c) Has a glass of wine.
(d) Writes Mrs. Erlynne a letter.
7. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) Lady Windemere.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Lord Darlington.
8. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) The other woman.
(b) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(c) That fascinating woman.
(d) That horrid woman.
9. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
(a) Does not matter.
(b) Prevents them from acceptability.
(c) Does not happen.
(d) Denies them access to good wives.
10. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
(a) Bad people.
(b) Good people.
(c) Important people.
(d) Vile people.
11. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
(b) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
(c) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(d) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
12. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
(a) That she is ill and has gone up to bed.
(b) That she is planning to leave him.
(c) That she is planning to have an affair.
(d) That she forgives him for everything.
13. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
(a) She needs money for the marriage settlement.
(b) She needs Windemere to walk her down the aisle.
(c) She needs Windemere to encourage Augustus to propose.
(d) She needs money to get out of town.
14. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
15. Lady Windemere's first name is:
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
2. When Mrs. Erlynne reads her daughter's letter, she asks:
3. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
4. Lord Darlington tries to convince Lady Windemere that:
5. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)