|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere claims she never:
(a) Cheats on her husband.
(b) Gives in.
2. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
(a) She reads it.
(b) She throws it off the terrace.
(c) She brings it to Lord Windemere.
(d) She tears it up.
3. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) Lady Windemere.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Lord Darlington.
4. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) End their marriage.
(b) Ruin them.
(c) Destroy their chance of being accepted by Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Ruin Mrs. Erlynne.
5. Lady Windemere believes she lives in a "bad" age because:
(a) People look on life as a sacrifice.
(b) People look on life as a speculation.
(c) People look on life as a superstition.
(d) People look on life as a stipulation.
6. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She decides to confront her husband.
(b) She decides to forget the whole episode.
(c) She decides to run away with Lord Darlington.
(d) She decides to publicly shame Mrs. Erlynne.
7. Mrs. Erlynne fears that:
(a) Life is repeating itself.
(b) She has failed a test in life.
(c) She will never find Lady Windemere.
(d) Life is playing a joke on her.
8. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He fears she will not marry him.
(b) He fears she will never be accepted into society.
(c) He fears she will marry Lord Windemere.
(d) He fears she will never be alone with him.
9. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
10. Lady Windemere says she believes:
(a) Lord Darlington is much worse than most other men.
(b) Lord Darlington only pretends to be a "good" man.
(c) Lord Darlington is exactly like all the other men she knows.
(d) Lord Darlington pretends to be a "bad" man.
11. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
(a) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is respectable.
(b) He knows his aunt will find her amusing.
(c) He cannot resist Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) He wants to annoy his aunt.
12. Lady Agatha is:
(a) Lady Windemere's daughter.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne's daughter.
(c) The Duchess of Berwick's daughter.
(d) Lord Darlington's daughter.
13. Why doesn't Lord Windemere want to talk to Mrs. Erlynne about money at the ball?
(a) He wants to save his money for his child.
(b) He wants to discourage Mrs. Erlynne from the match.
(c) He wants to go find his wife.
(d) He wants to discourage Augustus from the match.
14. Lord Windemere asks Lady Windemere to:
(a) Trust him.
(b) Forgive him.
(c) Tolerate him.
(d) Follow him.
15. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1 take place?
2. Almost every guest at the party exhibits some form of:
3. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
4. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
5. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)