|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere:
(a) Has never heard of Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Does not believe Mrs. Erylnne exists.
(c) Has suspected her husband of having an affair.
(d) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
2. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
(a) She pretended to be very ill.
(b) She pretended to be very angry.
(c) She pretended she needed to go home to her family.
(d) She pretended to have an affair.
3. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
(a) The jealousy would kill her.
(b) The shame would kill her.
(c) The shame would kill him.
(d) The fear would overtake him.
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
(a) She brings it to Lord Windemere.
(b) She reads it.
(c) She throws it off the terrace.
(d) She tears it up.
5. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
(a) He wants to annoy his aunt.
(b) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is respectable.
(c) He knows his aunt will find her amusing.
(d) He cannot resist Mrs. Erlynne.
6. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
(a) Demands an apology from her husband.
(b) Defies her husband's wishes.
(c) Begs her husband's forgiveness.
(d) Gives in to her husband's request.
7. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
(a) He will pay attention to Mrs. Erlynne instead of her.
(b) He will deny her admittance to society.
(c) He will confirm that she is an unacceptable woman.
(d) He will pay attention to his own wife again.
8. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) The other woman.
(b) That horrid woman.
(c) That fascinating woman.
(d) The next Mrs. Windemere.
9. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
(a) The Duchess.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lady Agatha.
(d) Lady Windemere.
10. Lord Augustus describes Cecil Graham as:
(a) Excessively tiresome.
(b) Excessively handsome.
(c) Excessively tedious.
(d) Excessively trivial.
11. Augustus asks:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne has read Lady Windemere's letter.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne is interested in Lady Windemere.
(c) What reward he will receive for helping Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) What is the purpose of Mrs. Erlynne's errand.
12. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
(a) Admire Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Reject Lady Windemere.
(c) Reject Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Pity Lady Windemere.
13. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
(b) Different rules of conduct for men and women.
(d) Hard and fast rules of conduct.
14. After the Duchess meets Mrs. Erlynne, she:
(a) Runs to Darlington for help.
(b) Encourages her to marry Augustus.
(c) Approves of her.
(d) Denies her acceptance into society.
15. When Lord Windemere cannot find his wife, Mrs. Erlynne tells him:
(a) She has gone to the hospital.
(b) She has left him for good.
(c) She has gone to check on their son.
(d) She has gone to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Agatha is:
2. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
3. Lady Windemere's first name is:
4. Lady Windemere says she believes:
5. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)