|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
(a) He says they are not really good on the inside.
(b) He says they make goodness of extraordinary importance.
(c) He says they make badness of extraordinary importance.
(d) He says they make bad people look exciting.
2. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Lady Windemere.
(d) Lady Agatha.
3. What nickname does Cecil Graham use for Augustus?
4. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her anniversary.
(b) Her son's birth.
(c) Her wedding.
(d) Her birthday.
5. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
(b) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
(c) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
6. The Duchess plans to thwart:
(a) Hopper and Agatha's wedding.
(b) Hopper and Agatha's next dance.
(c) Hopper and Agatha's affair.
(d) Hopper and Agatha's living in Australia.
7. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
8. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She decides to confront her husband.
(b) She decides to forget the whole episode.
(c) She decides to run away with Lord Darlington.
(d) She decides to publicly shame Mrs. Erlynne.
9. When Mrs. Erlynne reads her daughter's letter, she asks:
(a) How can I face my child now?
(b) How can I find her at this late hour?
(c) How can I save my child?
(d) How can I gain my child's trust?
10. When Lord Windemere cannot find his wife, Mrs. Erlynne tells him:
(a) She has gone to bed.
(b) She has gone to check on their son.
(c) She has left him for good.
(d) She has gone to the hospital.
11. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
(a) She suspects Lord Windemere of having an affair with Lady Jedburgh.
(b) She learns that Lord Windemere will be present.
(c) She learns that Mrs. Erlynne will be present.
(d) She learns that Darlington will be present.
12. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
(a) He wants to be her friend in case she needs one some day.
(b) He wants to be her friend in case her husband leaves her.
(c) He wants to be her friend in case he falls in love with her.
(d) He wants her to be friends with Lord Windemere.
13. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
(b) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(c) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(d) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
14. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
(a) She is writing invitations.
(b) She is arranging dishes.
(c) She is arranging flowers.
(d) She is cleaning her house.
15. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) That horrid woman.
(b) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(c) That fascinating woman.
(d) The other woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
2. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
3. What favor does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Augustus?
4. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
5. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)