|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
(a) She pretended to be very angry.
(b) She pretended to be very ill.
(c) She pretended she needed to go home to her family.
(d) She pretended to have an affair.
2. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne shows it to him.
(b) He discovers it burning in the fireplace.
(c) He discovers it in the trash.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne drops it.
3. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
(a) Come back to her because he loves her.
(b) Come back to her happy and fulfilled.
(c) Come back to her slightly damaged.
(d) Never return to her.
4. Lady Windemere asks Parker to be sure he:
(a) Greets all guests personally.
(b) Memorizes guests' names.
(c) Pronounces guests' names distinctly.
(d) Pronounces guests' names as they request.
5. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She decides to publicly shame Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) She decides to forget the whole episode.
(c) She decides to confront her husband.
(d) She decides to run away with Lord Darlington.
6. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
(a) He will pay attention to his own wife again.
(b) He will confirm that she is an unacceptable woman.
(c) He will pay attention to Mrs. Erlynne instead of her.
(d) He will deny her admittance to society.
7. The Duchess carefully edits:
(a) Hopper's proposal to Agatha.
(b) Lady Windemere's guest list.
(c) Agatha's dance card.
(d) Lady Windemere's letter to her husband.
8. Lady Windemere:
(a) Does not believe Mrs. Erylnne exists.
(b) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(c) Has never heard of Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Has suspected her husband of having an affair.
9. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
(a) He cannot resist Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) He knows his aunt will find her amusing.
(c) He wants to annoy his aunt.
(d) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is respectable.
10. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He fears she will never be alone with him.
(b) He fears she will never be accepted into society.
(c) He fears she will marry Lord Windemere.
(d) He fears she will not marry him.
11. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
(a) Insult her.
(b) Treat her kindly.
(c) Forbid her to enter.
(d) Pretend to admire her.
12. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
(a) Only broke its bondage.
(b) Only broke one of her vows.
(c) Only broke his trust.
(d) Only broke his heart.
13. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) The other woman.
(b) That fascinating woman.
(c) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(d) That horrid woman.
14. Lord Darlington believes people are either:
(a) Charming or tedious.
(b) Honest or dishonest.
(c) Good or bad.
(d) Striking or common.
15. Because she does not insult Mrs. Erlynne, Lady Windemere considers herself a:
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne wants to be introduced to the women at the party so that:
2. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
3. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
4. Lord Windemere asks Lady Windemere to:
5. Mrs. Erlynne dances with Lord Windermere in order to:
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)