|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
(a) He knows his aunt will find her amusing.
(b) He cannot resist Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He wants to annoy his aunt.
(d) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is respectable.
2. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
(a) She is cleaning her house.
(b) She is writing invitations.
(c) She is arranging flowers.
(d) She is arranging dishes.
3. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
(a) Treat her kindly.
(b) Pretend to admire her.
(c) Insult her.
(d) Forbid her to enter.
4. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A violent gesture.
(b) A public scandal.
(c) A rapid divorce.
(d) A long, loveless marriage.
5. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
6. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) That horrid woman.
(b) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(c) The other woman.
(d) That fascinating woman.
7. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
(a) So that Windemere will come back in a better mood.
(b) So that she can try to borrow money from Lady Windemere.
(c) So he does not discover that his wife is missing.
(d) So he does not discover that she has looked in his bank book.
8. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
(a) She pretended to have an affair.
(b) She pretended she needed to go home to her family.
(c) She pretended to be very ill.
(d) She pretended to be very angry.
9. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
10. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She decides to forget the whole episode.
(b) She decides to run away with Lord Darlington.
(c) She decides to confront her husband.
(d) She decides to publicly shame Mrs. Erlynne.
11. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Windemere.
(c) Lady Agatha.
(d) The Duchess.
12. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
(b) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(c) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
(d) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
13. Mrs. Erlynne dances with Lord Windermere in order to:
(a) Get revenge on Lord Augustus.
(b) Make Augustus jealous.
(c) Get revenge on Lady Windemere.
(d) Make Lady Windemere jealous.
14. Lord Augustus is to call on Mrs. Erlynne in order to:
(b) Turn her down.
(c) Discourage her interest in Windemere.
(d) Drive her out of town.
15. The Duchess carefully edits:
(a) Hopper's proposal to Agatha.
(b) Lady Windemere's guest list.
(c) Agatha's dance card.
(d) Lady Windemere's letter to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
2. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
3. Why doesn't Lord Windemere want to talk to Mrs. Erlynne about money at the ball?
4. Lord Darlington tries to convince Lady Windemere that:
5. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)