|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
(a) Important people.
(b) Bad people.
(c) Vile people.
(d) Good people.
2. Augustus describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
3. Lady Windemere asks Parker to be sure he:
(a) Pronounces guests' names as they request.
(b) Greets all guests personally.
(c) Pronounces guests' names distinctly.
(d) Memorizes guests' names.
4. When Lord Windemere cannot find his wife, Mrs. Erlynne tells him:
(a) She has gone to the hospital.
(b) She has left him for good.
(c) She has gone to check on their son.
(d) She has gone to bed.
5. Mrs. Erlynne wants to be introduced to the women at the party so that:
(a) She will have someone to talk to.
(b) She can find out who her daughter is.
(c) She will be accepted into society.
(d) People will know she is not having an affair with Windemere.
6. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
(d) In love with another woman.
7. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
(a) Wives of men she knows.
(b) Married guests.
(c) Female guests only.
(d) Male guests only.
8. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
(a) He says they make goodness of extraordinary importance.
(b) He says they make badness of extraordinary importance.
(c) He says they make bad people look exciting.
(d) He says they are not really good on the inside.
9. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(b) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(c) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
(d) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
10. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
(a) She left her husband when he had an affair, and she too wrote a letter.
(b) She wrote her daughter a letter to tell her the truth about her father.
(c) She wrote a letter to Lord Windemere telling him the whole truth about her past.
(d) She deserted her husband for Lord Windemere, and wrote him a letter about it.
11. Augustus asks:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne has read Lady Windemere's letter.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne is interested in Lady Windemere.
(c) What is the purpose of Mrs. Erlynne's errand.
(d) What reward he will receive for helping Mrs. Erlynne.
12. Who enters looking for Lady Windemere?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Plymdale.
(c) Lord Darlington.
(d) Lord Windemere.
13. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
(a) That she is planning to leave him.
(b) That she forgives him for everything.
(c) That she is planning to have an affair.
(d) That she is ill and has gone up to bed.
14. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Agatha.
(c) Lady Windemere.
(d) The Duchess.
15. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It came from London.
(b) It has her name on it.
(c) It has her birth date on it.
(d) It used to be her mother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
2. Mrs. Erlynne fears that:
3. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
4. Lady Windemere says she believes:
5. The Duchess plans to thwart:
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)