|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(b) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
(c) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
(d) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
2. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
(a) That she is planning to leave him.
(b) That she is ill and has gone up to bed.
(c) That she forgives him for everything.
(d) That she is planning to have an affair.
3. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
(a) Lord Darlington declares his love for her.
(b) Lord Darlington confesses his affair with Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lord Darlington refuses her marriage proposal.
(d) Lord Darlington calls her a coward.
4. What nickname does Cecil Graham use for Augustus?
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
(a) She needs Windemere to encourage Augustus to propose.
(b) She needs money for the marriage settlement.
(c) She needs money to get out of town.
(d) She needs Windemere to walk her down the aisle.
6. What does Lady Windemere believe about her mother?
(a) That she would some day return for Lady Windemere.
(b) That she left Lady Windemere's father for another man.
(c) That she died when Lady Windemere was a child.
(d) That she was not stern enough.
7. Lady Windemere claims she never:
(b) Cheats on her husband.
(c) Gives in.
8. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
(a) He accepts Lady Windemere's decision.
(b) He writes her a note of apology.
(c) He invites her himself.
(d) He confesses he is in love with Mrs. Erlynne.
9. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
(a) The jealousy would kill her.
(b) The shame would kill him.
(c) The shame would kill her.
(d) The fear would overtake him.
10. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) Lord Windemere.
(b) The Duke of Berwick.
(c) Lord Augustus.
(d) Lord Darlington.
11. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
(b) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
(c) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(d) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
12. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
(a) She deserted her husband for Lord Windemere, and wrote him a letter about it.
(b) She wrote her daughter a letter to tell her the truth about her father.
(c) She wrote a letter to Lord Windemere telling him the whole truth about her past.
(d) She left her husband when he had an affair, and she too wrote a letter.
13. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
(a) They can never be too careful.
(b) They can never return to their families.
(c) They can never be forgiven.
(d) They can never be happy.
14. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) In the breakfast room at Lord Darlington's house.
(b) In the ball room at Lord Windemere's house.
(c) In the ball room at Lord Darlington's house.
(d) In the morning room of Lord Windemere's house.
15. What is occurring at the start of Act 2?
(a) Lady Windemere's confrontation with Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lord and Lady Windemere's divorce proceedings.
(c) Lord Windemere's confrontation with Lord Darlington.
(d) Lady Windemere's ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Hopper is from:
2. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
3. Lord Augustus is to call on Mrs. Erlynne in order to:
4. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
5. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)