|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
(a) She wrote her daughter a letter to tell her the truth about her father.
(b) She wrote a letter to Lord Windemere telling him the whole truth about her past.
(c) She left her husband when he had an affair, and she too wrote a letter.
(d) She deserted her husband for Lord Windemere, and wrote him a letter about it.
2. Who enters looking for Lady Windemere?
(a) Lady Plymdale.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lord Darlington.
(d) Lord Windemere.
3. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
(a) Wives of men she knows.
(b) Married guests.
(c) Female guests only.
(d) Male guests only.
4. Lord Windemere asks Lady Windemere to:
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Trust him.
(c) Follow him.
(d) Tolerate him.
5. Augustus asks:
(a) What reward he will receive for helping Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne has read Lady Windemere's letter.
(c) What is the purpose of Mrs. Erlynne's errand.
(d) Why Mrs. Erlynne is interested in Lady Windemere.
6. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
(a) Give up flattering other women.
(b) Give up saying what is true as well.
(c) Give up on romance.
(d) Give up thinking what is charming.
7. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
(a) Lord Darlington confesses his affair with Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lord Darlington declares his love for her.
(c) Lord Darlington refuses her marriage proposal.
(d) Lord Darlington calls her a coward.
8. Lord Augustus describes Cecil Graham as:
(a) Excessively tedious.
(b) Excessively tiresome.
(c) Excessively trivial.
(d) Excessively handsome.
9. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He fears she will never be alone with him.
(b) He fears she will never be accepted into society.
(c) He fears she will not marry him.
(d) He fears she will marry Lord Windemere.
10. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A long, loveless marriage.
(b) A violent gesture.
(c) A rapid divorce.
(d) A public scandal.
11. When Mrs. Erlynne reads her daughter's letter, she asks:
(a) How can I face my child now?
(b) How can I save my child?
(c) How can I find her at this late hour?
(d) How can I gain my child's trust?
12. Lord Augustus is to call on Mrs. Erlynne in order to:
(a) Turn her down.
(c) Discourage her interest in Windemere.
(d) Drive her out of town.
13. Why doesn't Lord Windemere want to talk to Mrs. Erlynne about money at the ball?
(a) He wants to discourage Augustus from the match.
(b) He wants to go find his wife.
(c) He wants to discourage Mrs. Erlynne from the match.
(d) He wants to save his money for his child.
14. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
(b) In love with another woman.
15. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
(a) The shame would kill her.
(b) The shame would kill him.
(c) The jealousy would kill her.
(d) The fear would overtake him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
2. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
3. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
4. Augustus describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
5. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)