|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
(a) He wants to be her friend in case she needs one some day.
(b) He wants her to be friends with Lord Windemere.
(c) He wants to be her friend in case he falls in love with her.
(d) He wants to be her friend in case her husband leaves her.
2. Because she does not insult Mrs. Erlynne, Lady Windemere considers herself a:
3. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
(a) She reads it.
(b) She throws it off the terrace.
(c) She brings it to Lord Windemere.
(d) She tears it up.
5. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
(a) Does not happen.
(b) Denies them access to good wives.
(c) Prevents them from acceptability.
(d) Does not matter.
6. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
(a) Come back to her happy and fulfilled.
(b) Come back to her slightly damaged.
(c) Come back to her because he loves her.
(d) Never return to her.
7. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her anniversary.
(c) Her son's birth.
(d) Her birthday.
8. Lord Windemere asks Lady Windemere to:
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Follow him.
(c) Trust him.
(d) Tolerate him.
9. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
(a) She will strike Mrs. Erlynne across the face with it.
(b) She will throw it into the fire.
(c) She will sell it on the street.
(d) She will strike Lord Windemere in the face with it.
10. In Act 2 the audience learns:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne left her family.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne wishes to leave England.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne has no female friends.
(d) Why Mrs. Erlynne despises her daughter.
11. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
12. Who enters looking for Lady Windemere?
(a) Lady Plymdale.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lord Windemere.
(d) Lord Darlington.
13. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) Lord Parker.
(c) Lord Windemere.
(d) Lady Erlynne.
14. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
(a) He will confirm that she is an unacceptable woman.
(b) He will deny her admittance to society.
(c) He will pay attention to his own wife again.
(d) He will pay attention to Mrs. Erlynne instead of her.
15. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) That horrid woman.
(b) The other woman.
(c) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(d) That fascinating woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lord Windemere cannot find his wife, Mrs. Erlynne tells him:
2. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
3. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
4. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)