|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Augustus?
(a) She asks him to avoid Windemere.
(b) She asks him to keep Lady Windmere out all night.
(c) She asks him to keep Windemere out all night.
(d) She asks him to deliver Lady Windermer's letter to her husband.
2. How does Mrs. Erlynne find the letter Lady Windemere left behind?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne finds it on the table.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne searches the room for it.
(c) Parker tells her about it.
(d) Parker throws it at her.
3. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
(a) He will deny her admittance to society.
(b) He will pay attention to Mrs. Erlynne instead of her.
(c) He will pay attention to his own wife again.
(d) He will confirm that she is an unacceptable woman.
4. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) In the breakfast room at Lord Darlington's house.
(b) In the ball room at Lord Windemere's house.
(c) In the ball room at Lord Darlington's house.
(d) In the morning room of Lord Windemere's house.
5. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It has her name on it.
(b) It came from London.
(c) It has her birth date on it.
(d) It used to be her mother's.
6. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her anniversary.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Her wedding.
(d) Her son's birth.
7. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
(a) She will throw it into the fire.
(b) She will strike Mrs. Erlynne across the face with it.
(c) She will strike Lord Windemere in the face with it.
(d) She will sell it on the street.
8. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
(a) He will leave London.
(b) He will leave England.
(c) He will leave France.
(d) He will leave America.
9. Lord Darlington tries to convince Lady Windemere that:
(a) She should never speak to Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) She can no longer live with Lord Windemere.
(c) She should run away with Lord Augustus.
(d) She can no longer hold her head up in society.
10. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
(a) Lord Darlington calls her a coward.
(b) Lord Darlington refuses her marriage proposal.
(c) Lord Darlington confesses his affair with Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Lord Darlington declares his love for her.
11. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
(a) So that Windemere will come back in a better mood.
(b) So he does not discover that she has looked in his bank book.
(c) So that she can try to borrow money from Lady Windemere.
(d) So he does not discover that his wife is missing.
12. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
(b) Lady Windemere.
(c) Lord Darlington.
(d) The Duchess.
13. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
(a) He wants to annoy his aunt.
(b) He knows his aunt will find her amusing.
(c) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is respectable.
(d) He cannot resist Mrs. Erlynne.
14. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
(a) Hopper has proposed to Agatha.
(b) Their affair has been found out.
(c) Hopper will leave for Australia since Agatha will not marry him.
(d) Hopper has left Agatha for Mrs. Erlynne.
15. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
Short Answer Questions
1. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
2. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
3. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
5. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)