|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A violent gesture.
(b) A rapid divorce.
(c) A long, loveless marriage.
(d) A public scandal.
2. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
(a) He will leave America.
(b) He will leave London.
(c) He will leave England.
(d) He will leave France.
3. Augustus describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
4. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She decides to confront her husband.
(b) She decides to forget the whole episode.
(c) She decides to run away with Lord Darlington.
(d) She decides to publicly shame Mrs. Erlynne.
5. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
(a) Forbid her to enter.
(b) Insult her.
(c) Pretend to admire her.
(d) Treat her kindly.
6. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
(a) Give up thinking what is charming.
(b) Give up flattering other women.
(c) Give up saying what is true as well.
(d) Give up on romance.
7. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
(a) They can never return to their families.
(b) They can never be too careful.
(c) They can never be forgiven.
(d) They can never be happy.
8. Lady Windemere's first name is:
9. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
10. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
(a) Their affair has been found out.
(b) Hopper has left Agatha for Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Hopper has proposed to Agatha.
(d) Hopper will leave for Australia since Agatha will not marry him.
11. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(b) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
(c) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(d) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
12. What nickname does Cecil Graham use for Augustus?
13. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
(a) Sending her out for tea.
(b) Sending her home to dress for the party.
(c) Sending her to Mrs. Erlynne's house.
(d) Sending her out to look at the sunset.
14. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
(a) She tells him it is a check.
(b) She tells him it is only an address.
(c) She tells him it is a refusal to Augustus' marriage proposal.
(d) She tells him it is a letter he should never read.
15. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
(a) So that Windemere will come back in a better mood.
(b) So that she can try to borrow money from Lady Windemere.
(c) So he does not discover that she has looked in his bank book.
(d) So he does not discover that his wife is missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Hopper is from:
2. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
3. Mrs. Erlynne fears that:
4. The Duchess plans to thwart:
5. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)