|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
(b) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
(c) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(d) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
2. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne shows it to him.
(b) He discovers it in the trash.
(c) He discovers it burning in the fireplace.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne drops it.
3. The Duchess carefully edits:
(a) Agatha's dance card.
(b) Hopper's proposal to Agatha.
(c) Lady Windemere's letter to her husband.
(d) Lady Windemere's guest list.
4. Lord Augustus describes Cecil Graham as:
(a) Excessively handsome.
(b) Excessively trivial.
(c) Excessively tedious.
(d) Excessively tiresome.
5. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) Destroy their chance of being accepted by Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Ruin them.
(c) End their marriage.
(d) Ruin Mrs. Erlynne.
6. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her son's birth.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) Her anniversary.
7. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
(a) Give up saying what is true as well.
(b) Give up thinking what is charming.
(c) Give up flattering other women.
(d) Give up on romance.
8. Who enters looking for Lady Windemere?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) Lord Windemere.
(c) Lady Plymdale.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne.
9. Mr. Hopper is from:
10. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It has her birth date on it.
(b) It came from London.
(c) It has her name on it.
(d) It used to be her mother's.
11. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
12. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) That fascinating woman.
(b) The other woman.
(c) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(d) That horrid woman.
13. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She decides to publicly shame Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) She decides to forget the whole episode.
(c) She decides to confront her husband.
(d) She decides to run away with Lord Darlington.
14. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) Lady Windemere.
(c) The Duchess.
15. What favor does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Augustus?
(a) She asks him to deliver Lady Windermer's letter to her husband.
(b) She asks him to keep Windemere out all night.
(c) She asks him to keep Lady Windmere out all night.
(d) She asks him to avoid Windemere.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
2. Lady Windemere claims she never:
3. Lady Windemere claims she cannot run away with Darlington because:
4. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
5. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)