Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1
1. Why might Lady Windemere announce that she is available to all visitors when Parker tells her Darlington has come to call?
2. Why does Lady Windemere warn Darlington about his flattering statements?
3. Why does Darlington pretend to be "bad?"
4. Why does Lord Darlington suggest that Lady Windemere may need a friend some day?
5. Describe the Duchess of Berwick's character.
6. Why does the Duchess claim to feel totally secure at the Windemeres' house?
7. Why does...
This section contains 770 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)