|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
(a) She pretended she needed to go home to her family.
(b) She pretended to be very angry.
(c) She pretended to be very ill.
(d) She pretended to have an affair.
2. Lord Augustus describes Cecil Graham as:
(a) Excessively handsome.
(b) Excessively tedious.
(c) Excessively tiresome.
(d) Excessively trivial.
3. How does Mrs. Erlynne find the letter Lady Windemere left behind?
(a) Parker tells her about it.
(b) Parker throws it at her.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne finds it on the table.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne searches the room for it.
4. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
(a) Because he thinks she is marrying Windemere for his money.
(b) Because he thinks she had an affair with Windemere.
(c) Because he thinks she had an affair with Augustus.
(d) Because he thinks she is marrying Augustus for his money.
5. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
(a) He is homesick for South America.
(b) He is sick of the public disgrace.
(c) He is sick of the society, the climate, and everything else.
(d) He is sick of the women chasing him for his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
2. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
3. What does Lady Windemere believe about her mother?
4. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
5. Who is Lady Windemere talking to at the start of Act 4?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)