|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(b) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
(c) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
(d) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
2. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They hear Windemere and Darlington fighting.
(b) They hear Windemere searching the house.
(c) They hear the men returning.
(d) They hear Lord Darlington sobbing.
3. What is Augustus' reaction to Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) He confronts Mrs. Erlynne angrily.
(b) He embraces Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He turns away from Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) He looks at Mrs. Erlynne in disgust.
4. Mrs. Erlynne dances with Lord Windermere in order to:
(a) Get revenge on Lady Windemere.
(b) Make Lady Windemere jealous.
(c) Get revenge on Lord Augustus.
(d) Make Augustus jealous.
5. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
(a) She will strike Lord Windemere in the face with it.
(b) She will strike Mrs. Erlynne across the face with it.
(c) She will throw it into the fire.
(d) She will sell it on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Erlynne find the letter Lady Windemere left behind?
2. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
3. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
4. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
5. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)