|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
(a) To save her daughter from a life with an unloving husband.
(b) To trick Lady Windemere into returning home.
(c) To save her daughter from making a hideous mistake.
(d) To save Lord Windemere from scandal.
2. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(b) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
(c) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
(d) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
3. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
(a) She is cleaning her house.
(b) She is arranging dishes.
(c) She is arranging flowers.
(d) She is writing invitations.
4. What is the truth about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She is Augustus' mother.
(b) She is Lord Windemere's mother.
(c) She is Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) She is Lord Windemere's first wife.
5. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
(a) He writes her a note of apology.
(b) He confesses he is in love with Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He accepts Lady Windemere's decision.
(d) He invites her himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
2. Lady Windemere asks Parker to be sure he:
3. Lord Augustus is to call on Mrs. Erlynne in order to:
4. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
5. Darlington warns Lady Windemere that it is a dangerous thing to:
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)