|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
(a) So he does not discover that she has looked in his bank book.
(b) So he does not discover that his wife is missing.
(c) So that Windemere will come back in a better mood.
(d) So that she can try to borrow money from Lady Windemere.
2. Before she leaves, Mrs. Erlynne asks for:
(a) Lady Windemere's approval.
(b) Lady Windemere's fan.
(c) Lady Windemere's blessing.
(d) Lady Windemere's cloak.
3. What name do Lady Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne share?
(a) Their first name, Mary.
(b) Their first name, Margaret.
(c) Their middle name, Mary.
(d) Their middle name, Margaret.
4. How does Lady Windemere describe Mrs. Erlynne at the end of the play?
(a) As a very clever woman.
(b) As a very good woman.
(c) As a woman of principles.
(d) As an infamous woman.
5. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
(a) She suspects Lord Windemere of having an affair with Lady Jedburgh.
(b) She learns that Mrs. Erlynne will be present.
(c) She learns that Darlington will be present.
(d) She learns that Lord Windemere will be present.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere wish to see Mrs. Erlynne?
2. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
3. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
4. When Lord Windemere cannot find his wife, Mrs. Erlynne tells him:
5. Lord Darlington claims be pretends to be bad because if you pretend to be good:
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)