|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere does not believe that the letter destroyed:
(a) Was actually thrown into the fire.
(b) Was actually her letter.
(c) Was not shown to her husband.
(d) Was in her handwriting.
2. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
(a) She learns that Mrs. Erlynne will be present.
(b) She learns that Darlington will be present.
(c) She learns that Lord Windemere will be present.
(d) She suspects Lord Windemere of having an affair with Lady Jedburgh.
3. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) She claims Lord Windemere gave it to her.
(b) She claims Lord Darlington took it because he loves Lady Windemere.
(c) She claims Lady Windemere left it there.
(d) She claims she mistook it for her own and took it from the party.
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
(a) She tears it up.
(b) She brings it to Lord Windemere.
(c) She reads it.
(d) She throws it off the terrace.
5. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne has asked Augustus to detain Windemere as long as possible.
(b) Augustus wants Darlington to have time to escape with Lady Windemere.
(c) Augustus wants Windemere to find his wife's fan.
(d) Windemere is still too angry at his wife to behave himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
2. Augustus describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
3. Lord Augustus describes Cecil Graham as:
4. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
5. Who appears to be asleep during the men's conversation?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)