|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Windmere begs his wife:
(a) Not to tell anyone about his affair.
(b) To tell Mrs. Erlynne she is her daughter.
(c) To invite Mrs. Erlynne to travel with them.
(d) Not to see Mrs. Erlynne.
2. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
(a) Very small, very boring, and very select.
(b) Very small, very early, and very select.
(c) Very big, very glitzy, and very prominent.
(d) Very scandalous, very silly, and very late.
3. Why does Windemere want to see Mrs. Erlynne before his wife does?
(a) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from marrying Augustus.
(b) He wants to protect Mrs. Erlynne from his wife's revenge.
(c) He wants to protect his wife from the "truth" about her mother.
(d) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from entering society.
4. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
(b) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(c) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
(d) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
5. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
(a) Pretend to admire her.
(b) Treat her kindly.
(c) Insult her.
(d) Forbid her to enter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
2. The Duchess carefully edits:
3. Who is Lady Windemere talking to at the start of Act 4?
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
5. Before she leaves, Mrs. Erlynne asks for:
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)