|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
(b) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(c) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(d) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
2. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
(a) She wrote a letter to Lord Windemere telling him the whole truth about her past.
(b) She left her husband when he had an affair, and she too wrote a letter.
(c) She deserted her husband for Lord Windemere, and wrote him a letter about it.
(d) She wrote her daughter a letter to tell her the truth about her father.
3. Why does Windemere want to see Mrs. Erlynne before his wife does?
(a) He wants to protect Mrs. Erlynne from his wife's revenge.
(b) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from entering society.
(c) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from marrying Augustus.
(d) He wants to protect his wife from the "truth" about her mother.
4. When Mrs. Erlynne reads her daughter's letter, she asks:
(a) How can I save my child?
(b) How can I find her at this late hour?
(c) How can I gain my child's trust?
(d) How can I face my child now?
5. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her anniversary.
(c) Her son's birth.
(d) Her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne claims she knows what it is to be:
2. What makes the men think Darlington has a woman in his rooms?
3. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
4. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
5. Dumby asks Augustus about Mrs. Erlynne's:
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)