|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Erlynne threaten to do if Windemere reveals her secret?
(a) She will leave town immediately.
(b) She will scandalize herself.
(c) She will reveal their affair to Lady Windemere.
(d) She will divorce Augustus.
2. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
(a) Prevents them from acceptability.
(b) Does not matter.
(c) Does not happen.
(d) Denies them access to good wives.
3. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They hear the men returning.
(b) They hear Lord Darlington sobbing.
(c) They hear Windemere and Darlington fighting.
(d) They hear Windemere searching the house.
4. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
(a) Begs her husband's forgiveness.
(b) Gives in to her husband's request.
(c) Demands an apology from her husband.
(d) Defies her husband's wishes.
5. Who continues to tease Augustus?
(a) Cecil Graham.
(b) Lord Windemere.
(c) Lord Darlington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
2. Why does Dumby consider a woman who understands one a dangerous thing?
3. Augustus overlooks rumors of Mrs. Erlynne's affairs because:
4. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
5. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)