|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
2. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
(a) They can never be forgiven.
(b) They can never be happy.
(c) They can never be too careful.
(d) They can never return to their families.
3. Lady Windemere thinks that Mrs. Erlynne is there because:
(a) Lord Windemere sent her to fetch his wife.
(b) Lord Augustus warned told her where to find her daughter.
(c) Lord Darlington sent her to bring her home.
(d) Lord Windemere sent her to send his wife away.
4. After the Duchess meets Mrs. Erlynne, she:
(a) Denies her acceptance into society.
(b) Encourages her to marry Augustus.
(c) Runs to Darlington for help.
(d) Approves of her.
5. Lady Windemere does not believe that the letter destroyed:
(a) Was actually her letter.
(b) Was not shown to her husband.
(c) Was actually thrown into the fire.
(d) Was in her handwriting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Windemere say about his wife and Mrs. Erlynne?
2. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
3. Who continues to tease Augustus?
4. Augustus is:
5. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)