|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She decides to confront her husband.
(b) She decides to forget the whole episode.
(c) She decides to run away with Lord Darlington.
(d) She decides to publicly shame Mrs. Erlynne.
2. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
(a) He would have challenged Darlington to a duel.
(b) He would have thrown Mrs. Erlynne out of the house.
(c) He would have apologized for the affair.
(d) He would have come for her, having read her letter.
3. In Act 2 the audience learns:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne despises her daughter.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne has no female friends.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne left her family.
(d) Why Mrs. Erlynne wishes to leave England.
4. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
(b) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(c) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
(d) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
5. Lady Windemere feels it is her duty to:
(a) Tell her husband the truth about the previous evening.
(b) Tell her husband the truth about her mother.
(c) Tell her mother the truth about her father.
(d) Tell her mother about her affair with Darlington.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
2. What time did Windemere arrive home that night?
3. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
4. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
5. Lady Windemere begins to tell her husband the truth about the previous night because:
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)