|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
(a) The jealousy would kill her.
(b) The shame would kill her.
(c) The fear would overtake him.
(d) The shame would kill him.
2. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
(a) So he does not discover that she has looked in his bank book.
(b) So he does not discover that his wife is missing.
(c) So that she can try to borrow money from Lady Windemere.
(d) So that Windemere will come back in a better mood.
3. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
(a) Reject Lady Windemere.
(b) Pity Lady Windemere.
(c) Admire Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Reject Mrs. Erlynne.
4. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
(a) He will leave London.
(b) He will leave England.
(c) He will leave France.
(d) He will leave America.
5. What is occurring at the start of Act 2?
(a) Lord Windemere's confrontation with Lord Darlington.
(b) Lady Windemere's confrontation with Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lord and Lady Windemere's divorce proceedings.
(d) Lady Windemere's ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
2. Where does Act 1 take place?
3. The Duchess plans to thwart:
4. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
5. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)