|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters looking for Lady Windemere?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lord Windemere.
(d) Lady Plymdale.
2. Lady Windemere believes she lives in a "bad" age because:
(a) People look on life as a superstition.
(b) People look on life as a stipulation.
(c) People look on life as a sacrifice.
(d) People look on life as a speculation.
3. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
4. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
(a) Because she knows she has ruined her chances with Lord Windemere.
(b) Because she fears Windemere will find her there.
(c) Because she fears Augustus will find her there.
(d) Because she knows she will let her daughter down.
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
(a) She needs money to get out of town.
(b) She needs money for the marriage settlement.
(c) She needs Windemere to walk her down the aisle.
(d) She needs Windemere to encourage Augustus to propose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
2. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
3. What does Mrs. Erlynne do with the letter?
4. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
5. Augustus is:
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)