|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecil Graham says he is interested in Augustus and Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) Augustus has had an affair with Lady Windemere.
(b) Augustus has been married twice already.
(c) It is none of his business.
(d) It bores him to death.
2. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
(a) Lord Darlington refuses her marriage proposal.
(b) Lord Darlington declares his love for her.
(c) Lord Darlington confesses his affair with Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Lord Darlington calls her a coward.
3. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
(a) She eats it.
(b) She tears it up and throws it out the window.
(c) She gives it to Darlington's servant to destroy.
(d) She tears it up and throws it into the fire.
4. Lady Windemere claims she cannot run away with Darlington because:
(a) She does not love him.
(b) She is afraid to leave her child.
(c) She does not have the courage.
(d) She still loves her husband.
5. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost every guest at the party exhibits some form of:
2. Why have the men returned to Lord Darlington's house?
3. If Lady Windemere will return to her husband, Mrs. Erlynne promises:
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
5. The Duchess carefully edits:
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)