|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
(a) Female guests only.
(b) Wives of men she knows.
(c) Male guests only.
(d) Married guests.
2. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(b) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(c) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
(d) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
3. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
(a) She gives it to Darlington's servant to destroy.
(b) She tears it up and throws it into the fire.
(c) She eats it.
(d) She tears it up and throws it out the window.
4. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
(a) Because he thinks she had an affair with Augustus.
(b) Because he thinks she is marrying Windemere for his money.
(c) Because he thinks she had an affair with Windemere.
(d) Because he thinks she is marrying Augustus for his money.
5. Lord Augustus describes Cecil Graham as:
(a) Excessively handsome.
(b) Excessively tedious.
(c) Excessively tiresome.
(d) Excessively trivial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
2. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
3. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
4. Mr. Hopper is from:
5. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)