|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims be pretends to be bad because if you pretend to be good:
(a) The world will not take you seriously.
(b) The world will expect you to be good every day.
(c) The world takes you very seriously.
(d) The world rejects you.
2. When Lord Windemere cannot find his wife, Mrs. Erlynne tells him:
(a) She has gone to the hospital.
(b) She has gone to check on their son.
(c) She has left him for good.
(d) She has gone to bed.
3. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
4. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) Lady Windemere.
(c) Lord Darlington.
(d) The Duchess.
5. Why does Lady Windemere initially reject Mrs. Erlynne's advice?
(a) She knows Mrs. Erlynne is trying to trick her into making a mistake.
(b) Her pride is wounded because her mother has abandoned her.
(c) Her pride is wounded because she still believes her husband has had an affair.
(d) She knows Mrs. Erlynne wants Darlington for herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
2. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
3. Where does Act 3 take place?
4. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
5. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)