|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
(a) Condemn her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(b) Applaud her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(c) Be horrified by Lord Windemere's behavior.
(d) Join with her in refusing to accept Mrs. Erlynne in society.
2. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It used to be her mother's.
(b) It came from London.
(c) It has her birth date on it.
(d) It has her name on it.
3. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
(a) Lady Erlynne.
(b) Lord Parker.
(c) Lord Darlington.
(d) Lord Windemere.
4. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her daughters.
(c) Her nieces.
(d) Her friends.
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
(a) Because she knows she has ruined her chances with Lord Windemere.
(b) Because she knows she will let her daughter down.
(c) Because she fears Windemere will find her there.
(d) Because she fears Augustus will find her there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne wants to be introduced to the women at the party so that:
2. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
3. Where does Act 3 take place?
4. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
5. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)