|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
(b) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(c) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
(d) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
2. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
3. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
(a) She learns that Darlington will be present.
(b) She suspects Lord Windemere of having an affair with Lady Jedburgh.
(c) She learns that Mrs. Erlynne will be present.
(d) She learns that Lord Windemere will be present.
4. Lady Windemere says she believes:
(a) Lord Darlington is exactly like all the other men she knows.
(b) Lord Darlington is much worse than most other men.
(c) Lord Darlington pretends to be a "bad" man.
(d) Lord Darlington only pretends to be a "good" man.
5. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
(b) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
(c) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Erlynne dispose of the letter?
2. In Act 2 the audience learns:
3. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
4. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
5. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)