|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere says she believes:
(a) Lord Darlington is exactly like all the other men she knows.
(b) Lord Darlington only pretends to be a "good" man.
(c) Lord Darlington pretends to be a "bad" man.
(d) Lord Darlington is much worse than most other men.
2. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
(a) Give up saying what is true as well.
(b) Give up flattering other women.
(c) Give up thinking what is charming.
(d) Give up on romance.
3. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
(a) Sending her out for tea.
(b) Sending her to Mrs. Erlynne's house.
(c) Sending her home to dress for the party.
(d) Sending her out to look at the sunset.
4. What makes the men think Darlington has a woman in his rooms?
(a) Lord Windemere sees her behind the curtains.
(b) Cecil Graham finds her fan.
(c) Dumby finds her cloak.
(d) Lord Augustus finds her purse.
5. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne drops it.
(b) He discovers it burning in the fireplace.
(c) He discovers it in the trash.
(d) Mrs. Erlynne shows it to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
2. In Act 2 the audience learns:
3. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
4. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
5. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)