|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
(a) To save Lord Windemere from scandal.
(b) To save her daughter from a life with an unloving husband.
(c) To trick Lady Windemere into returning home.
(d) To save her daughter from making a hideous mistake.
2. What is Augustus' reaction to Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) He embraces Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) He confronts Mrs. Erlynne angrily.
(c) He turns away from Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) He looks at Mrs. Erlynne in disgust.
3. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
(a) He wants to annoy his aunt.
(b) He cannot resist Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is respectable.
(d) He knows his aunt will find her amusing.
4. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A violent gesture.
(b) A public scandal.
(c) A rapid divorce.
(d) A long, loveless marriage.
5. Lord Augustus is to call on Mrs. Erlynne in order to:
(b) Drive her out of town.
(c) Discourage her interest in Windemere.
(d) Turn her down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere feels that if her husband truly loved her:
2. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
3. After the Duchess meets Mrs. Erlynne, she:
4. Who enters looking for Lady Windemere?
5. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)