|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Darlington occupy himself while the others are talking?
(a) He looks for Lady Windemere.
(b) He writes a few letters.
(c) He tries to occupy Lord Windemere.
(d) He smokes cigars.
2. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her nieces.
(d) Her daughters.
3. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
(a) Lord Darlington calls her a coward.
(b) Lord Darlington confesses his affair with Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Lord Darlington refuses her marriage proposal.
(d) Lord Darlington declares his love for her.
4. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
(a) Bad people.
(b) Important people.
(c) Good people.
(d) Vile people.
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
(a) Because she knows she has ruined her chances with Lord Windemere.
(b) Because she fears Augustus will find her there.
(c) Because she fears Windemere will find her there.
(d) Because she knows she will let her daughter down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
2. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
3. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
4. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
5. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)