|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
(a) He writes her a note of apology.
(b) He confesses he is in love with Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He invites her himself.
(d) He accepts Lady Windemere's decision.
2. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
(a) She learns that Mrs. Erlynne will be present.
(b) She suspects Lord Windemere of having an affair with Lady Jedburgh.
(c) She learns that Lord Windemere will be present.
(d) She learns that Darlington will be present.
3. Darlington warns Lady Windemere that it is a dangerous thing to:
(a) Fall in love with anyone.
(b) Reform anyone.
(c) Gossip about anyone.
(d) Despise anyone.
4. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
(a) He wants to be her friend in case her husband leaves her.
(b) He wants to be her friend in case he falls in love with her.
(c) He wants her to be friends with Lord Windemere.
(d) He wants to be her friend in case she needs one some day.
5. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
(b) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(c) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
(d) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
2. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
3. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
5. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)