|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) In the breakfast room at Lord Darlington's house.
(b) In the ball room at Lord Windemere's house.
(c) In the morning room of Lord Windemere's house.
(d) In the ball room at Lord Darlington's house.
2. Why doesn't Lord Windemere want to talk to Mrs. Erlynne about money at the ball?
(a) He wants to save his money for his child.
(b) He wants to discourage Augustus from the match.
(c) He wants to discourage Mrs. Erlynne from the match.
(d) He wants to go find his wife.
3. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
(a) The shame would kill her.
(b) The fear would overtake him.
(c) The shame would kill him.
(d) The jealousy would kill her.
4. Mrs. Erlynne wants to be introduced to the women at the party so that:
(a) People will know she is not having an affair with Windemere.
(b) She will have someone to talk to.
(c) She will be accepted into society.
(d) She can find out who her daughter is.
5. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
(a) She is writing invitations.
(b) She is cleaning her house.
(c) She is arranging flowers.
(d) She is arranging dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Augustus asks:
2. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
3. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
4. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
5. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)