|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A long, loveless marriage.
(b) A violent gesture.
(c) A public scandal.
(d) A rapid divorce.
2. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
(a) He cannot resist Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is respectable.
(c) He knows his aunt will find her amusing.
(d) He wants to annoy his aunt.
3. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
(a) She will sell it on the street.
(b) She will strike Lord Windemere in the face with it.
(c) She will strike Mrs. Erlynne across the face with it.
(d) She will throw it into the fire.
4. Lord Darlington believes people are either:
(a) Charming or tedious.
(b) Honest or dishonest.
(c) Striking or common.
(d) Good or bad.
5. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
(a) Be horrified by Lord Windemere's behavior.
(b) Join with her in refusing to accept Mrs. Erlynne in society.
(c) Condemn her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(d) Applaud her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
2. Darlington warns Lady Windemere that it is a dangerous thing to:
3. Lord Augustus is to call on Mrs. Erlynne in order to:
4. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
5. The Duchess carefully edits:
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)