|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
2. After the Duchess meets Mrs. Erlynne, she:
(a) Encourages her to marry Augustus.
(b) Denies her acceptance into society.
(c) Approves of her.
(d) Runs to Darlington for help.
3. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
4. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
(a) Hopper has proposed to Agatha.
(b) Hopper will leave for Australia since Agatha will not marry him.
(c) Hopper has left Agatha for Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Their affair has been found out.
5. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
(b) Lord Darlington.
(c) Lady Windemere.
(d) The Duchess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
2. Augustus asks:
3. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
4. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
5. What favor does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Augustus?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)