|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
(a) Reject Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Admire Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Reject Lady Windemere.
(d) Pity Lady Windemere.
2. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A rapid divorce.
(b) A long, loveless marriage.
(c) A public scandal.
(d) A violent gesture.
3. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She decides to confront her husband.
(b) She decides to run away with Lord Darlington.
(c) She decides to publicly shame Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) She decides to forget the whole episode.
4. Lady Windemere asks Parker to be sure he:
(a) Pronounces guests' names distinctly.
(b) Greets all guests personally.
(c) Pronounces guests' names as they request.
(d) Memorizes guests' names.
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
(a) She needs money to get out of town.
(b) She needs money for the marriage settlement.
(c) She needs Windemere to walk her down the aisle.
(d) She needs Windemere to encourage Augustus to propose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
2. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
3. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
4. Lord Darlington claims be pretends to be bad because if you pretend to be good:
5. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)