|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Augustus is to call on Mrs. Erlynne in order to:
(a) Turn her down.
(c) Drive her out of town.
(d) Discourage her interest in Windemere.
2. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
3. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
(a) He knows his aunt will find her amusing.
(b) He cannot resist Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) He knows Mrs. Erlynne is respectable.
(d) He wants to annoy his aunt.
4. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(b) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
(c) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
(d) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
5. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) Ruin Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) End their marriage.
(c) Destroy their chance of being accepted by Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Ruin them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
2. Lady Agatha is:
3. Lord Augustus describes Cecil Graham as:
4. What favor does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Augustus?
5. Why doesn't Lord Windemere want to talk to Mrs. Erlynne about money at the ball?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)