|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mrs. Erlynne reads her daughter's letter, she asks:
(a) How can I face my child now?
(b) How can I find her at this late hour?
(c) How can I save my child?
(d) How can I gain my child's trust?
2. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(b) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
(c) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
(d) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
3. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
4. After the Duchess meets Mrs. Erlynne, she:
(a) Denies her acceptance into society.
(b) Runs to Darlington for help.
(c) Encourages her to marry Augustus.
(d) Approves of her.
5. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
(a) He wants her to be friends with Lord Windemere.
(b) He wants to be her friend in case her husband leaves her.
(c) He wants to be her friend in case she needs one some day.
(d) He wants to be her friend in case he falls in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lord Windemere cannot find his wife, Mrs. Erlynne tells him:
2. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
3. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
4. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
5. What nickname does Cecil Graham use for Augustus?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)