|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(b) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
(c) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(d) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
2. Mr. Hopper is from:
3. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
(a) Mrs. Erlynne shows it to him.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne drops it.
(c) He discovers it in the trash.
(d) He discovers it burning in the fireplace.
4. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
(a) She pretended to have an affair.
(b) She pretended she needed to go home to her family.
(c) She pretended to be very angry.
(d) She pretended to be very ill.
5. Lady Windemere says she believes:
(a) Lord Darlington pretends to be a "bad" man.
(b) Lord Darlington only pretends to be a "good" man.
(c) Lord Darlington is exactly like all the other men she knows.
(d) Lord Darlington is much worse than most other men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne fears that:
2. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
3. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
4. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
5. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)