|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
(a) Prevents them from acceptability.
(b) Does not matter.
(c) Does not happen.
(d) Denies them access to good wives.
2. In Act 2 the audience learns:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne has no female friends.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne despises her daughter.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne left her family.
(d) Why Mrs. Erlynne wishes to leave England.
3. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
(a) That she is planning to leave him.
(b) That she forgives him for everything.
(c) That she is planning to have an affair.
(d) That she is ill and has gone up to bed.
4. Lady Windemere believes she lives in a "bad" age because:
(a) People look on life as a stipulation.
(b) People look on life as a sacrifice.
(c) People look on life as a speculation.
(d) People look on life as a superstition.
5. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
(a) She will strike Lord Windemere in the face with it.
(b) She will sell it on the street.
(c) She will strike Mrs. Erlynne across the face with it.
(d) She will throw it into the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
2. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
3. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
4. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
5. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)