|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
(a) She needs money to get out of town.
(b) She needs Windemere to walk her down the aisle.
(c) She needs money for the marriage settlement.
(d) She needs Windemere to encourage Augustus to propose.
2. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
(a) She left her husband when he had an affair, and she too wrote a letter.
(b) She wrote a letter to Lord Windemere telling him the whole truth about her past.
(c) She wrote her daughter a letter to tell her the truth about her father.
(d) She deserted her husband for Lord Windemere, and wrote him a letter about it.
3. Lord Darlington claims be pretends to be bad because if you pretend to be good:
(a) The world rejects you.
(b) The world takes you very seriously.
(c) The world will expect you to be good every day.
(d) The world will not take you seriously.
4. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
(a) Writes Mrs. Erlynne a letter.
(b) Writes her husband a letter.
(c) Breaks her fan in half.
(d) Has a glass of wine.
5. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
(a) She will throw it into the fire.
(b) She will strike Mrs. Erlynne across the face with it.
(c) She will strike Lord Windemere in the face with it.
(d) She will sell it on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
2. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
3. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
4. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
5. Lady Windemere's first name is:
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)