|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
(a) He says they are not really good on the inside.
(b) He says they make goodness of extraordinary importance.
(c) He says they make badness of extraordinary importance.
(d) He says they make bad people look exciting.
2. Lady Windemere believes she lives in a "bad" age because:
(a) People look on life as a stipulation.
(b) People look on life as a sacrifice.
(c) People look on life as a speculation.
(d) People look on life as a superstition.
3. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
(a) Applaud her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(b) Be horrified by Lord Windemere's behavior.
(c) Condemn her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(d) Join with her in refusing to accept Mrs. Erlynne in society.
4. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
(b) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(c) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
(d) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
5. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
(a) She is arranging dishes.
(b) She is writing invitations.
(c) She is arranging flowers.
(d) She is cleaning her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
2. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
3. Lady Windemere claims she never:
4. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
5. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)