|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) In the morning room of Lord Windemere's house.
(b) In the ball room at Lord Windemere's house.
(c) In the ball room at Lord Darlington's house.
(d) In the breakfast room at Lord Darlington's house.
2. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
3. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It has her birth date on it.
(b) It has her name on it.
(c) It came from London.
(d) It used to be her mother's.
4. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
(a) Sending her out to look at the sunset.
(b) Sending her to Mrs. Erlynne's house.
(c) Sending her out for tea.
(d) Sending her home to dress for the party.
5. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
(a) Hard and fast rules of conduct.
(b) Different rules of conduct for men and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
2. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
3. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
4. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
5. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)