|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
(a) Come back to her happy and fulfilled.
(b) Come back to her because he loves her.
(c) Come back to her slightly damaged.
(d) Never return to her.
2. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
(b) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
(c) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(d) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
3. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
(a) Demands an apology from her husband.
(b) Begs her husband's forgiveness.
(c) Defies her husband's wishes.
(d) Gives in to her husband's request.
4. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
(a) Denies them access to good wives.
(b) Prevents them from acceptability.
(c) Does not happen.
(d) Does not matter.
5. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
(b) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(c) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(d) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
2. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
3. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
4. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
5. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)