|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
(a) Her daughters.
(b) Her nieces.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her husband.
2. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) Destroy their chance of being accepted by Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) End their marriage.
(c) Ruin Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Ruin them.
3. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
(a) Sending her home to dress for the party.
(b) Sending her out for tea.
(c) Sending her out to look at the sunset.
(d) Sending her to Mrs. Erlynne's house.
4. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
(a) Very small, very early, and very select.
(b) Very scandalous, very silly, and very late.
(c) Very big, very glitzy, and very prominent.
(d) Very small, very boring, and very select.
5. Augustus is:
(a) The Duchess' husband.
(b) Lord Darlington's brother.
(c) Lady Windemere's brother.
(d) The Duchess' brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darlington warns Lady Windemere that it is a dangerous thing to:
2. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
3. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
4. Where does Act 1 take place?
5. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)