|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
(b) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
(c) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
(d) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
2. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
(a) Lord Parker.
(b) Lord Darlington.
(c) Lord Windemere.
(d) Lady Erlynne.
3. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) In the ball room at Lord Windemere's house.
(b) In the ball room at Lord Darlington's house.
(c) In the breakfast room at Lord Darlington's house.
(d) In the morning room of Lord Windemere's house.
4. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(b) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
(c) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
(d) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
5. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
(a) They can never return to their families.
(b) They can never be too careful.
(c) They can never be happy.
(d) They can never be forgiven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
2. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
3. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
4. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
5. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)