|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
(b) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
(c) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(d) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
2. Darlington warns Lady Windemere that it is a dangerous thing to:
(a) Fall in love with anyone.
(b) Reform anyone.
(c) Gossip about anyone.
(d) Despise anyone.
3. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
(b) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(c) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(d) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
4. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
(a) Important people.
(b) Bad people.
(c) Good people.
(d) Vile people.
5. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
2. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
3. Lady Windemere says she believes:
4. Lady Windemere believes she lives in a "bad" age because:
5. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)