|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
(a) Come back to her happy and fulfilled.
(b) Come back to her slightly damaged.
(c) Come back to her because he loves her.
(d) Never return to her.
2. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
(b) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(c) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
(d) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
3. Lord Darlington believes people are either:
(a) Honest or dishonest.
(b) Charming or tedious.
(c) Striking or common.
(d) Good or bad.
4. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
(b) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
(c) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(d) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
5. Lady Agatha is:
(a) The Duchess of Berwick's daughter.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne's daughter.
(c) Lord Darlington's daughter.
(d) Lady Windemere's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
2. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
3. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
4. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
5. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)