|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
(b) In love with another woman.
2. Lady Windemere:
(a) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(b) Has suspected her husband of having an affair.
(c) Does not believe Mrs. Erylnne exists.
(d) Has never heard of Mrs. Erlynne.
3. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(b) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
(c) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
(d) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
4. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
(a) She pretended to have an affair.
(b) She pretended she needed to go home to her family.
(c) She pretended to be very angry.
(d) She pretended to be very ill.
5. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
(a) Very big, very glitzy, and very prominent.
(b) Very scandalous, very silly, and very late.
(c) Very small, very early, and very select.
(d) Very small, very boring, and very select.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere's first name is:
2. Darlington warns Lady Windemere that it is a dangerous thing to:
3. Lady Windemere claims she never:
4. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
5. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)