|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
(a) Important people.
(b) Bad people.
(c) Vile people.
(d) Good people.
2. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) End their marriage.
(b) Destroy their chance of being accepted by Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Ruin Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Ruin them.
3. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
(a) Very small, very early, and very select.
(b) Very small, very boring, and very select.
(c) Very big, very glitzy, and very prominent.
(d) Very scandalous, very silly, and very late.
4. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
(a) She pretended to have an affair.
(b) She pretended to be very ill.
(c) She pretended she needed to go home to her family.
(d) She pretended to be very angry.
5. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
2. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
3. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
4. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
5. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)