|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her nieces.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her daughters.
2. Lord Darlington claims be pretends to be bad because if you pretend to be good:
(a) The world takes you very seriously.
(b) The world will expect you to be good every day.
(c) The world rejects you.
(d) The world will not take you seriously.
3. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) In the breakfast room at Lord Darlington's house.
(b) In the ball room at Lord Darlington's house.
(c) In the ball room at Lord Windemere's house.
(d) In the morning room of Lord Windemere's house.
4. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
(a) Lady Erlynne.
(b) Lord Windemere.
(c) Lord Parker.
(d) Lord Darlington.
5. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
(a) He wants to be her friend in case her husband leaves her.
(b) He wants to be her friend in case she needs one some day.
(c) He wants to be her friend in case he falls in love with her.
(d) He wants her to be friends with Lord Windemere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
2. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
3. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
4. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
5. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)