|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) End their marriage.
(b) Ruin them.
(c) Ruin Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Destroy their chance of being accepted by Mrs. Erlynne.
2. Lady Windemere:
(a) Does not believe Mrs. Erylnne exists.
(b) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
(c) Has suspected her husband of having an affair.
(d) Has never heard of Mrs. Erlynne.
3. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
(a) Insult her.
(b) Forbid her to enter.
(c) Pretend to admire her.
(d) Treat her kindly.
4. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
(a) Does not happen.
(b) Denies them access to good wives.
(c) Does not matter.
(d) Prevents them from acceptability.
5. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
(d) In love with another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
2. Augustus is:
3. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
4. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
5. Lady Windemere says she believes:
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)