|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
2. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(b) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
(c) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
(d) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
3. Lady Windemere says she believes:
(a) Lord Darlington is exactly like all the other men she knows.
(b) Lord Darlington is much worse than most other men.
(c) Lord Darlington pretends to be a "bad" man.
(d) Lord Darlington only pretends to be a "good" man.
4. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
(a) Her nieces.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Her daughters.
(d) Her husband.
5. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
(a) He wants her to be friends with Lord Windemere.
(b) He wants to be her friend in case she needs one some day.
(c) He wants to be her friend in case he falls in love with her.
(d) He wants to be her friend in case her husband leaves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere claims she never:
2. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
3. Lady Windemere believes she lives in a "bad" age because:
4. Where does Act 1 take place?
5. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)