|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
(a) Gives in to her husband's request.
(b) Defies her husband's wishes.
(c) Begs her husband's forgiveness.
(d) Demands an apology from her husband.
2. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
(a) Join with her in refusing to accept Mrs. Erlynne in society.
(b) Applaud her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(c) Condemn her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(d) Be horrified by Lord Windemere's behavior.
3. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(b) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
(c) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(d) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
4. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
(a) Come back to her slightly damaged.
(b) Come back to her because he loves her.
(c) Never return to her.
(d) Come back to her happy and fulfilled.
5. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It used to be her mother's.
(b) It has her name on it.
(c) It has her birth date on it.
(d) It came from London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Act 1 take place?
2. Lady Windemere claims she never:
3. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
4. Lord Darlington believes people are either:
5. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)