|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
(a) Sending her to Mrs. Erlynne's house.
(b) Sending her out to look at the sunset.
(c) Sending her home to dress for the party.
(d) Sending her out for tea.
2. What does Lady Windemere believe about her mother?
(a) That she was not stern enough.
(b) That she left Lady Windemere's father for another man.
(c) That she died when Lady Windemere was a child.
(d) That she would some day return for Lady Windemere.
3. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
(a) Condemn her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(b) Applaud her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(c) Be horrified by Lord Windemere's behavior.
(d) Join with her in refusing to accept Mrs. Erlynne in society.
4. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
5. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
(c) Different rules of conduct for men and women.
(d) Hard and fast rules of conduct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
2. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
3. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
4. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
5. Lady Windemere says she believes:
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)