|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere believes she lives in a "bad" age because:
(a) People look on life as a stipulation.
(b) People look on life as a speculation.
(c) People look on life as a sacrifice.
(d) People look on life as a superstition.
2. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
(a) Demands an apology from her husband.
(b) Gives in to her husband's request.
(c) Begs her husband's forgiveness.
(d) Defies her husband's wishes.
3. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
(a) End their marriage.
(b) Ruin Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Ruin them.
(d) Destroy their chance of being accepted by Mrs. Erlynne.
4. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
(a) Denies them access to good wives.
(b) Does not happen.
(c) Prevents them from acceptability.
(d) Does not matter.
5. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(b) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
(c) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
(d) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere asks Parker to be sure he:
2. Lady Windemere says she believes:
3. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
4. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
5. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)