|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
(a) Come back to her because he loves her.
(b) Never return to her.
(c) Come back to her happy and fulfilled.
(d) Come back to her slightly damaged.
2. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
(a) Begs her husband's forgiveness.
(b) Demands an apology from her husband.
(c) Defies her husband's wishes.
(d) Gives in to her husband's request.
3. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(b) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
(c) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
(d) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
4. Lady Windemere claims she never:
(c) Cheats on her husband.
(d) Gives in.
5. Darlington warns Lady Windemere that it is a dangerous thing to:
(a) Gossip about anyone.
(b) Despise anyone.
(c) Fall in love with anyone.
(d) Reform anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Agatha is:
2. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
3. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
4. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
5. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)