|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
(b) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
(c) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
2. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
(b) Different rules of conduct for men and women.
(c) Hard and fast rules of conduct.
3. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) That horrid woman.
(b) That fascinating woman.
(c) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(d) The other woman.
4. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her anniversary.
(b) Her wedding.
(c) Her son's birth.
(d) Her birthday.
5. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
(a) Very big, very glitzy, and very prominent.
(b) Very small, very early, and very select.
(c) Very scandalous, very silly, and very late.
(d) Very small, very boring, and very select.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
2. Where does Act 1 take place?
3. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
4. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
5. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)