|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
(a) She is cleaning her house.
(b) She is arranging dishes.
(c) She is writing invitations.
(d) She is arranging flowers.
2. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
(b) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(c) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(d) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
3. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
(a) Come back to her happy and fulfilled.
(b) Never return to her.
(c) Come back to her slightly damaged.
(d) Come back to her because he loves her.
4. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
(a) He says they make goodness of extraordinary importance.
(b) He says they make badness of extraordinary importance.
(c) He says they are not really good on the inside.
(d) He says they make bad people look exciting.
5. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
(a) He confesses he is in love with Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) He writes her a note of apology.
(c) He invites her himself.
(d) He accepts Lady Windemere's decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
2. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
3. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
4. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
5. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)