|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
(a) Join with her in refusing to accept Mrs. Erlynne in society.
(b) Applaud her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(c) Be horrified by Lord Windemere's behavior.
(d) Condemn her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
2. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) In the ball room at Lord Darlington's house.
(b) In the breakfast room at Lord Darlington's house.
(c) In the morning room of Lord Windemere's house.
(d) In the ball room at Lord Windemere's house.
3. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
(c) In love with another woman.
4. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
(a) Vile people.
(b) Bad people.
(c) Good people.
(d) Important people.
5. What does Lady Windemere claim she will do with the fan her husband has given her as a birthday gift?
(a) She will sell it on the street.
(b) She will throw it into the fire.
(c) She will strike Mrs. Erlynne across the face with it.
(d) She will strike Lord Windemere in the face with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
2. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
3. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
4. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
5. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)