|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere says she believes:
(a) Lord Darlington is exactly like all the other men she knows.
(b) Lord Darlington only pretends to be a "good" man.
(c) Lord Darlington is much worse than most other men.
(d) Lord Darlington pretends to be a "bad" man.
2. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
(a) Insult her.
(b) Treat her kindly.
(c) Pretend to admire her.
(d) Forbid her to enter.
3. Lady Windemere asks Parker to be sure he:
(a) Memorizes guests' names.
(b) Pronounces guests' names as they request.
(c) Greets all guests personally.
(d) Pronounces guests' names distinctly.
4. Lord Darlington claims be pretends to be bad because if you pretend to be good:
(a) The world takes you very seriously.
(b) The world will expect you to be good every day.
(c) The world will not take you seriously.
(d) The world rejects you.
5. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
(a) Sending her out for tea.
(b) Sending her home to dress for the party.
(c) Sending her to Mrs. Erlynne's house.
(d) Sending her out to look at the sunset.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
2. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
3. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
4. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
5. Lady Windemere:
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)