|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
2. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A public scandal.
(b) A violent gesture.
(c) A rapid divorce.
(d) A long, loveless marriage.
3. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) In the ball room at Lord Windemere's house.
(b) In the ball room at Lord Darlington's house.
(c) In the breakfast room at Lord Darlington's house.
(d) In the morning room of Lord Windemere's house.
4. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(b) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
(c) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
(d) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
5. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) The next Mrs. Windemere.
(b) That horrid woman.
(c) The other woman.
(d) That fascinating woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
2. Lady Windemere claims she never:
3. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
4. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
5. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)