|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
(a) She pretended to be very angry.
(b) She pretended to have an affair.
(c) She pretended to be very ill.
(d) She pretended she needed to go home to her family.
2. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
(a) That horrid woman.
(b) That fascinating woman.
(c) The other woman.
(d) The next Mrs. Windemere.
3. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
(a) It used to be her mother's.
(b) It came from London.
(c) It has her name on it.
(d) It has her birth date on it.
4. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
(a) He says they make badness of extraordinary importance.
(b) He says they make goodness of extraordinary importance.
(c) He says they are not really good on the inside.
(d) He says they make bad people look exciting.
5. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
(a) He wants to be her friend in case her husband leaves her.
(b) He wants to be her friend in case he falls in love with her.
(c) He wants to be her friend in case she needs one some day.
(d) He wants her to be friends with Lord Windemere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere says she believes:
2. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
3. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
4. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
5. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)