|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
(a) They can never be too careful.
(b) They can never be happy.
(c) They can never return to their families.
(d) They can never be forgiven.
2. Lord Darlington fears these kind of people do a great deal of harm in the world:
(a) Important people.
(b) Vile people.
(c) Good people.
(d) Bad people.
3. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
(a) She pretended she needed to go home to her family.
(b) She pretended to be very ill.
(c) She pretended to have an affair.
(d) She pretended to be very angry.
4. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
(a) In love with another woman.
5. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
2. What does Lady Windemere believe about her mother?
3. The Duchess tells Lady Windemere that her husband will:
4. What word does Lady Windemere use to describe people who have extramarital affairs?
5. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)