|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
(a) Hard and fast rules of conduct.
(c) Different rules of conduct for men and women.
2. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) Lady Erlynne.
(c) Lord Parker.
(d) Lord Windemere.
3. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
4. Lady Windemere asks Parker to be sure he:
(a) Pronounces guests' names as they request.
(b) Pronounces guests' names distinctly.
(c) Greets all guests personally.
(d) Memorizes guests' names.
5. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
(a) Prevents them from acceptability.
(b) Does not happen.
(c) Does not matter.
(d) Denies them access to good wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Duchess flattery might be perceived as:
2. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
3. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
4. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
5. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)