|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A public scandal.
(b) A violent gesture.
(c) A long, loveless marriage.
(d) A rapid divorce.
2. Lady Windemere:
(a) Has suspected her husband of having an affair.
(b) Has never heard of Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Does not believe Mrs. Erylnne exists.
(d) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
3. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
(a) Sending her out to look at the sunset.
(b) Sending her out for tea.
(c) Sending her home to dress for the party.
(d) Sending her to Mrs. Erlynne's house.
4. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
(a) He wants to be her friend in case he falls in love with her.
(b) He wants her to be friends with Lord Windemere.
(c) He wants to be her friend in case her husband leaves her.
(d) He wants to be her friend in case she needs one some day.
5. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
(a) He invites her himself.
(b) He writes her a note of apology.
(c) He confesses he is in love with Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) He accepts Lady Windemere's decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
2. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
3. Where does Act 1 take place?
4. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
5. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)