|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
(a) Very scandalous, very silly, and very late.
(b) Very small, very boring, and very select.
(c) Very big, very glitzy, and very prominent.
(d) Very small, very early, and very select.
2. Lord Darlington claims be pretends to be bad because if you pretend to be good:
(a) The world takes you very seriously.
(b) The world will expect you to be good every day.
(c) The world rejects you.
(d) The world will not take you seriously.
3. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
(a) She is arranging flowers.
(b) She is writing invitations.
(c) She is cleaning her house.
(d) She is arranging dishes.
4. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
(a) Condemn her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(b) Join with her in refusing to accept Mrs. Erlynne in society.
(c) Applaud her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(d) Be horrified by Lord Windemere's behavior.
5. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her wedding.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Her son's birth.
(d) Her anniversary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Augustus is:
2. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
3. Before Lady Windemere exits at the end of Act 1, she:
4. Lord Darlington calls Lady Windemere a:
5. Lord Darlington believes people are either:
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)