|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A public scandal.
(b) A rapid divorce.
(c) A violent gesture.
(d) A long, loveless marriage.
2. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
(c) In love with another woman.
3. Where does Act 1 take place?
(a) In the ball room at Lord Darlington's house.
(b) In the breakfast room at Lord Darlington's house.
(c) In the morning room of Lord Windemere's house.
(d) In the ball room at Lord Windemere's house.
4. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(b) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
(c) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
(d) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
5. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
(a) They can never be happy.
(b) They can never be too careful.
(c) They can never return to their families.
(d) They can never be forgiven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
2. Lady Agatha is:
3. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
4. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
5. Augustus is:
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)