|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere regret her decision to go to Darlington's house?
(a) She does not want her husband to punish her.
(b) She still loves her husband and wants to return to him.
(c) She regrets leaving her child.
(d) She regrets repeating her mother's mistakes.
2. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
(a) Give up thinking what is charming.
(b) Give up on romance.
(c) Give up flattering other women.
(d) Give up saying what is true as well.
3. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He cannot reveal that she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(b) He cannot reveal that she is his mistress.
(c) He has no honorable reasons for spending time with her.
(d) He cannot bear to face the truth of his actions.
4. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They hear Lord Darlington sobbing.
(b) They hear Windemere and Darlington fighting.
(c) They hear Windemere searching the house.
(d) They hear the men returning.
5. What does Lady Windemere threaten?
(a) She threatens to create a huge scandal for herself and Windemere.
(b) She threatens to expose Mrs. Erlynne to society.
(c) She threatens to have an affair with Augustus.
(d) She threatens to go home and tell her husband the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lady Windemere hears the men's voices, she cries:
2. Lord Darlington tries to convince Lady Windemere that:
3. Just as Lady Windemere attempts to tell her husband the truth:
4. Mrs. Erlynne dances with Lord Windermere in order to:
5. What does Lord Windemere do when Lady Windemere refuses to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)