|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lord Windemere believe Mrs. Erlynne has returned to find her daughter?
(a) She learned her daughter had married a rich man.
(b) She learned her daughter knew she was alive.
(c) She learned her daughter had a son.
(d) She learned her daughter had run away with another man.
2. Lady Windemere asks Parker to be sure he:
(a) Pronounces guests' names as they request.
(b) Pronounces guests' names distinctly.
(c) Greets all guests personally.
(d) Memorizes guests' names.
3. If Lady Windemere will return to her husband, Mrs. Erlynne promises:
(a) Marry Augustus and leave town.
(b) Never to reveal her affair with Darlington.
(c) To be better mother to her daughter.
(d) Never to communicate with him again.
4. What admonishment does Mrs. Erlynne give Lord Windemere?
(a) Mortals before gods.
(b) Morals before marriage.
(c) Manners before morals.
(d) Age before beauty.
5. What does Windemere suggest will make Lady Windemere feel better?
(a) They will go away to the ocean.
(b) They will go away to the city.
(c) They will go away to the country.
(d) They will go away and never return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
2. Lord Darlington tries to convince Lady Windemere that:
3. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
4. What is Mrs. Erlynne's first advice to Lady Windemere?
5. What makes the men think Darlington has a woman in his rooms?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)