|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne gets Augustus to escort her by:
(a) Asking him to carry her fan.
(b) Asking him to get her carriage.
(c) Asking him to escort her out of England.
(d) Asking him to carry her cloak.
2. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
(a) Because he thinks she is marrying Augustus for his money.
(b) Because he thinks she had an affair with Windemere.
(c) Because he thinks she is marrying Windemere for his money.
(d) Because he thinks she had an affair with Augustus.
3. What is Augustus' reaction to Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Lord Darlington's rooms?
(a) He looks at Mrs. Erlynne in disgust.
(b) He confronts Mrs. Erlynne angrily.
(c) He embraces Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) He turns away from Mrs. Erlynne.
4. The dance at Lady Windemere's home is in honor of:
(a) Her anniversary.
(b) Her son's birth.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) Her wedding.
5. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
(a) Admire Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Reject Lady Windemere.
(c) Reject Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Pity Lady Windemere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
2. If Lady Windemere will return to her husband, Mrs. Erlynne promises:
3. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
4. Lady Windemere claims she will not return to her husband because:
5. The Duchess carefully edits:
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)