|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Augustus is happy to leave England because:
(a) He is sick of the society, the climate, and everything else.
(b) He is homesick for South America.
(c) He is sick of the women chasing him for his money.
(d) He is sick of the public disgrace.
2. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
(b) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(c) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
(d) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
3. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He fears she will marry Lord Windemere.
(b) He fears she will never be alone with him.
(c) He fears she will never be accepted into society.
(d) He fears she will not marry him.
4. Lady Windemere believes that every "good" woman in London would:
(a) Join with her in refusing to accept Mrs. Erlynne in society.
(b) Condemn her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(c) Applaud her for refusing to invite Mrs. Erlynne to the ball.
(d) Be horrified by Lord Windemere's behavior.
5. It is clear that Lady Windemere:
(a) Had left her husband.
(b) Does not know what happened after she left Darlington's.
(c) Believes Mrs. Erlynne betrayed her.
(d) Knows Mrs. Erlynne is her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Windemere threaten?
2. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
3. What has Rosalie been searching for?
4. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
5. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)