|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lord Augustus is to call on Mrs. Erlynne in order to:
(a) Turn her down.
(b) Drive her out of town.
(c) Discourage her interest in Windemere.
2. Lord Darlington tries to convince Lady Windemere that:
(a) She should never speak to Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) She can no longer live with Lord Windemere.
(c) She can no longer hold her head up in society.
(d) She should run away with Lord Augustus.
3. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
4. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
(a) Different rules of conduct for men and women.
(b) Hard and fast rules of conduct.
5. Who is Lady Windemere talking to at the start of Act 4?
(a) Lord Darlington.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Lady Plymdale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops Mrs. Erlynne and Lady Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
2. Cecil Graham introduces Mrs. Erlynne to his aunt because:
3. Augustus forgives Mrs. Erlynne because:
4. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
5. Lord Windemere fears he cannot share Lady Erlynne's real identity with his wife because:
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)