|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
(a) He says they are not really good on the inside.
(b) He says they make goodness of extraordinary importance.
(c) He says they make badness of extraordinary importance.
(d) He says they make bad people look exciting.
2. What does Lady Windemere believe about her mother?
(a) That she would some day return for Lady Windemere.
(b) That she left Lady Windemere's father for another man.
(c) That she was not stern enough.
(d) That she died when Lady Windemere was a child.
3. Lord Windmere begs his wife:
(a) Not to tell anyone about his affair.
(b) To tell Mrs. Erlynne she is her daughter.
(c) Not to see Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) To invite Mrs. Erlynne to travel with them.
4. What does Windemere suggest will make Lady Windemere feel better?
(a) They will go away to the ocean.
(b) They will go away to the country.
(c) They will go away to the city.
(d) They will go away and never return.
5. Why does Windemere want to see Mrs. Erlynne before his wife does?
(a) He wants to protect Mrs. Erlynne from his wife's revenge.
(b) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from marrying Augustus.
(c) He wants to prevent Mrs. Erlynne from entering society.
(d) He wants to protect his wife from the "truth" about her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
2. What, according to Mrs. Erlynne, is better than ideals?
3. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
4. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
5. Augustus overlooks rumors of Mrs. Erlynne's affairs because:
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)