|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2 the audience learns:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne left her family.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne has no female friends.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne wishes to leave England.
(d) Why Mrs. Erlynne despises her daughter.
2. According to Lady Windemere, actions are the first tragedy in life, and:
(a) Deeds are the second.
(b) Words are the second.
(c) Love is the second.
(d) Betrayal is the second.
3. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
(a) Hopper has proposed to Agatha.
(b) Hopper has left Agatha for Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Their affair has been found out.
(d) Hopper will leave for Australia since Agatha will not marry him.
4. Lady Windemere claims she cannot run away with Darlington because:
(a) She does not have the courage.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She still loves her husband.
(d) She is afraid to leave her child.
5. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
(d) In love with another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
2. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
3. What made Cecil Graham admire Mrs. Erlynne?
4. Dumby says the youth of the present have no respect for:
5. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)