|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess carefully edits:
(a) Agatha's dance card.
(b) Hopper's proposal to Agatha.
(c) Lady Windemere's letter to her husband.
(d) Lady Windemere's guest list.
2. What does Lady Windemere decide after her husband exits with Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) She decides to forget the whole episode.
(b) She decides to publicly shame Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) She decides to confront her husband.
(d) She decides to run away with Lord Darlington.
3. What does Mrs. Erlynne tell Lord Windemere about the letter he finds?
(a) She tells him it is a refusal to Augustus' marriage proposal.
(b) She tells him it is a letter he should never read.
(c) She tells him it is only an address.
(d) She tells him it is a check.
4. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A public scandal.
(b) A rapid divorce.
(c) A violent gesture.
(d) A long, loveless marriage.
5. Because she does not insult Mrs. Erlynne, Lady Windemere considers herself a:
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
2. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
3. Lady Windemere is shocked when:
4. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
5. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)