|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He fears she will never be alone with him.
(b) He fears she will marry Lord Windemere.
(c) He fears she will not marry him.
(d) He fears she will never be accepted into society.
2. Lord Augustus immediately questions Lord Windemere about:
(a) Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Lady Agatha.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Lady Windemere.
3. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
(a) He will leave London.
(b) He will leave America.
(c) He will leave England.
(d) He will leave France.
4. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
(a) Sending her home to dress for the party.
(b) Sending her out to look at the sunset.
(c) Sending her out for tea.
(d) Sending her to Mrs. Erlynne's house.
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
(a) So that Windemere will come back in a better mood.
(b) So that she can try to borrow money from Lady Windemere.
(c) So he does not discover that she has looked in his bank book.
(d) So he does not discover that his wife is missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
2. The Duchess describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
3. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
4. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
5. The duchess believes that scandal in men:
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)