|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne wants to be introduced to the women at the party so that:
(a) People will know she is not having an affair with Windemere.
(b) She will have someone to talk to.
(c) She can find out who her daughter is.
(d) She will be accepted into society.
2. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
(b) In love with another woman.
3. Mrs. Erlynne claims to need help with introductions to the:
(a) Male guests only.
(b) Female guests only.
(c) Married guests.
(d) Wives of men she knows.
4. What is Darlington planning to do since Lady Windemere will not have him?
(a) He will leave England.
(b) He will leave London.
(c) He will leave France.
(d) He will leave America.
5. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(b) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
(c) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
(d) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
2. Lord Windemere claims that Lady Windemere's refusal to accept Mrs. Erlynne will:
3. What is probably true of Mrs. Erlynne's past?
4. The Duchess carefully edits:
5. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)