|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He fears she will not marry him.
(b) He fears she will marry Lord Windemere.
(c) He fears she will never be alone with him.
(d) He fears she will never be accepted into society.
2. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
(a) She pretended to be very angry.
(b) She pretended to be very ill.
(c) She pretended to have an affair.
(d) She pretended she needed to go home to her family.
3. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
(a) He annoys her by paying attention to other women.
(b) He annoys her by paying her elaborate compliments.
(c) He annoys her by ignoring her in public.
(d) He annoys her by buying her expensive gifts.
4. Lord Darlington claims be pretends to be bad because if you pretend to be good:
(a) The world takes you very seriously.
(b) The world will expect you to be good every day.
(c) The world rejects you.
(d) The world will not take you seriously.
5. How does Lord Windemere discover the letter his wife has written?
(a) He discovers it in the trash.
(b) Mrs. Erlynne shows it to him.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne drops it.
(d) He discovers it burning in the fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Windemere claims she never:
2. Who overhears the discussion between Windemere and Mrs. Erlynne?
3. Lady Windemere says she believes:
4. Why does Lord Darlington say he wants Lady Windemere to take him seriously?
5. What detail does Lady Windemere point out about the fan that is her birthday present?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)