|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
(a) Her daughters.
(b) Her nieces.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her husband.
2. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
(a) She pretended to be very ill.
(b) She pretended she needed to go home to her family.
(c) She pretended to be very angry.
(d) She pretended to have an affair.
3. What does Lady Windemere believe about her mother?
(a) That she was not stern enough.
(b) That she died when Lady Windemere was a child.
(c) That she would some day return for Lady Windemere.
(d) That she left Lady Windemere's father for another man.
4. What task is Lady Windemere performing as she speaks to Lord Darlington?
(a) She is writing invitations.
(b) She is arranging flowers.
(c) She is arranging dishes.
(d) She is cleaning her house.
5. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) The Duke of Berwick.
(b) Lord Windemere.
(c) Lord Augustus.
(d) Lord Darlington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Erlynne claims that when men give up saying what is charming, they:
2. Darlington describes the upcoming ball as:
3. The Duchess removes Agatha from earshot by:
4. What is occurring at the start of Act 2?
5. What has occurred between Hopper and Agatha?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)