|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cecil Graham says he is interested in Augustus and Mrs. Erlynne because:
(a) It is none of his business.
(b) It bores him to death.
(c) Augustus has been married twice already.
(d) Augustus has had an affair with Lady Windemere.
2. Why is Lord Augustus worried about Mrs. Erlynne?
(a) He fears she will not marry him.
(b) He fears she will never be alone with him.
(c) He fears she will marry Lord Windemere.
(d) He fears she will never be accepted into society.
3. What does Mrs. Erlynne discover in the letter Lady Windemere leaves for her husband?
(a) That she is planning to have an affair.
(b) That she is planning to leave him.
(c) That she forgives him for everything.
(d) That she is ill and has gone up to bed.
4. By the end of Act 2, most of the female characters:
(a) Admire Mrs. Erlynne.
(b) Pity Lady Windemere.
(c) Reject Lady Windemere.
(d) Reject Mrs. Erlynne.
5. Augustus is:
(a) The Duchess' brother.
(b) Lord Darlington's brother.
(c) Lady Windemere's brother.
(d) The Duchess' husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lady Windemere claim to be upset with Lord Darlington?
2. Why doesn't Lord Windemere explain his reasons for spending time with Mrs. Erlynne?
3. Lord Darlington believes people are either:
4. What is Augustus' reaction to Mrs. Erlynne's presence in Lord Darlington's rooms?
5. Lady Plymdale wants her husband to meet Mrs. Erlynne so that:
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)