|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Darlington occupy himself while the others are talking?
(a) He looks for Lady Windemere.
(b) He writes a few letters.
(c) He smokes cigars.
(d) He tries to occupy Lord Windemere.
2. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
3. Why have the men returned to Lord Darlington's house?
(a) They are planning to confront Lady Windemere.
(b) They were thrown out of Windemere's house.
(c) They are eager to catch Darlington with Lady Windemere.
(d) They were thrown out of the pub.
4. In Act 2 the audience learns:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne despises her daughter.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne wishes to leave England.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne has no female friends.
(d) Why Mrs. Erlynne left her family.
5. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
(a) She learns that Darlington will be present.
(b) She learns that Mrs. Erlynne will be present.
(c) She suspects Lord Windemere of having an affair with Lady Jedburgh.
(d) She learns that Lord Windemere will be present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is occurring at the start of Act 2?
2. Before she leaves, Lady Windemere:
3. Augustus describes Mrs. Erlynne as:
4. What favor does Mrs. Erlynne ask of Augustus?
5. What is Mrs. Erlynne's excuse for Lady Windemere's fan present in Lord Darlington's rooms?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)