|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cecil Graham want to show Lord Windemere?
(a) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's fan.
(b) He wants to show him Lady Windemere's letter.
(c) He wants to show him Lord Darlington's letters.
(d) He wants to show him Augustus' marriage proposal.
2. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
(a) He assumes his wife is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(b) He assumes Mrs. Erlynne is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(c) He assumes his wife has found out about his affair.
(d) He assumes his wife has gone home to rest.
3. Why does Mrs. Erlynne want Windemere to stay out of the house?
(a) So that Windemere will come back in a better mood.
(b) So he does not discover that his wife is missing.
(c) So that she can try to borrow money from Lady Windemere.
(d) So he does not discover that she has looked in his bank book.
4. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
(a) To save her daughter from making a hideous mistake.
(b) To save Lord Windemere from scandal.
(c) To save her daughter from a life with an unloving husband.
(d) To trick Lady Windemere into returning home.
5. Mrs. Erlynne wants to be introduced to the women at the party so that:
(a) She will have someone to talk to.
(b) People will know she is not having an affair with Windemere.
(c) She will be accepted into society.
(d) She can find out who her daughter is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plans to be married to Mrs. Erlynne?
2. Where does Act 3 take place?
3. Mrs. Erlynne dances with Lord Windermere in order to:
4. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
5. Lord Windemere asks Lady Windemere to:
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)