|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Confronted by Lady Windemere, Lord Darlington claims:
(a) He compliments other women in order to make her jealous.
(b) He pays her compliments because they are all he can afford.
(c) He visits her because he fears she is in need of a friend.
(d) He ignores her because she is cruel to him.
2. Augustus asks:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne is interested in Lady Windemere.
(b) What reward he will receive for helping Mrs. Erlynne.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne has read Lady Windemere's letter.
(d) What is the purpose of Mrs. Erlynne's errand.
3. What does Lord Windemere assume about the presence of his wife's fan in Darlington's rooms?
(a) He assumes Mrs. Erlynne is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(b) He assumes his wife has found out about his affair.
(c) He assumes his wife is hiding in Darlington's rooms.
(d) He assumes his wife has gone home to rest.
4. Who is Lady Windemere's first caller?
(a) Lady Erlynne.
(b) Lord Parker.
(c) Lord Windemere.
(d) Lord Darlington.
5. What is Mrs. Erlynne's first advice to Lady Windemere?
(a) Lady Windemere must take her son along with her.
(b) Lady Windemere must publicly apologize to her.
(c) Lady Windemere must return to her husband.
(d) Lady Windemere must beg Darlington's forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lord Darlington claims he can resist everything but:
2. What is Lord Darlington's objection to "good" people?
3. Why does Augustus try to prevent Windemere from leaving Lord Darlington's house?
4. Lady Windemere claims she never:
5. Lady Windemere says that her husband broke the bonds of marriage, and she:
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)