|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
(a) A public scandal.
(b) A rapid divorce.
(c) A violent gesture.
(d) A long, loveless marriage.
2. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
(a) To save Lord Windemere from scandal.
(b) To save her daughter from a life with an unloving husband.
(c) To save her daughter from making a hideous mistake.
(d) To trick Lady Windemere into returning home.
3. Lady Windemere claims she never:
(b) Cheats on her husband.
(c) Gives in.
4. Cecil Graham claims that Augustus cannot talk about anything but:
(a) Lady Agatha.
(b) Lady Plymdale.
(c) Mrs. Erlynne.
(d) Lady Windemere.
5. Augustus believes Mrs. Erlynne will marry him despite:
(a) Knowing he has no money.
(b) Knowing he is a fool.
(c) Knowing she is Lady Windemere's mother.
(d) Knowing he does not love her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would make life simpler, in Lady Windemere's opinion?
2. One might describe the Duchess' attitude about her husband's infidelity as:
3. What excuse did the Duchess use to get her husband out of town when she suspected he was having an affair?
4. Cecil Graham says he is interested in Augustus and Mrs. Erlynne because:
5. After Mrs. Erlynne's long speech, Lady Windemere begs:
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)