|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lord Darlington learns it is Lady Windemere's birthday, he says:
(a) He would have covered the whole street with flowers for her.
(b) He would have given her a better gift than her husband did.
(c) He would have covered the whole street in gold for her.
(d) He would have bought her anything she wanted.
2. In Act 2 the audience learns:
(a) Why Mrs. Erlynne left her family.
(b) Why Mrs. Erlynne has no female friends.
(c) Why Mrs. Erlynne wishes to leave England.
(d) Why Mrs. Erlynne despises her daughter.
3. If Mrs. Erlynne comes to her home, Lady Windemere claims she will:
(a) Treat her kindly.
(b) Forbid her to enter.
(c) Pretend to admire her.
(d) Insult her.
4. Lord Darlington uses a hypothetical situation about a married man having an affair in order to:
(a) Tell Lady Windemere that she is too much of a Puritan.
(b) Tell Lady Windemere he himself is being unfaithful to his wife.
(c) Tell Lady Windemere her husband is unfaithful.
(d) Tell Lady Windemere that he knows she is having an affair.
5. The Duchess first heard the rumor about Lord Windemere from:
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her nieces.
(c) Her daughters.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Erlynne's first advice to Lady Windemere?
2. Mrs. Erlynne dances with Lord Windermere in order to:
3. Lady Windemere threatens her husband with:
4. Why does Mrs. Erlynne need Windemere's help with Augustus?
5. What nickname does Cecil Graham use for Augustus?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)