|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Windemere believe about women who have committed adultery?
(a) They can never be too careful.
(b) They can never be happy.
(c) They can never be forgiven.
(d) They can never return to their families.
2. What does Lady Windemere believe about her mother?
(a) That she left Lady Windemere's father for another man.
(b) That she was not stern enough.
(c) That she would some day return for Lady Windemere.
(d) That she died when Lady Windemere was a child.
3. Why does Lady Windemere turn down Lady Jedburgh's lunch invitation?
(a) She learns that Darlington will be present.
(b) She learns that Mrs. Erlynne will be present.
(c) She suspects Lord Windemere of having an affair with Lady Jedburgh.
(d) She learns that Lord Windemere will be present.
4. Lady Windemere's first name is:
5. Why does Mrs. Erlynne fear she is lost?
(a) Because she fears Augustus will find her there.
(b) Because she knows she has ruined her chances with Lord Windemere.
(c) Because she fears Windemere will find her there.
(d) Because she knows she will let her daughter down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Darlington say he is not one of Mrs. Erlynne's admirers?
2. Lady Windemere asks Parker to be sure he:
3. Lady Windemere does not approve of Darlington's flattery because she believes he is:
4. Mrs. Erlynne claims that her purpose in coming to Lord Darlington's house is:
5. Augustus believes Mrs. Erlynne will marry him despite:
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)