|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gurov feel about his wife?
2. How many children does Anna have?
3. Where does Gurov live?
4. What activity do Gurov and Anna regularly do together late, near the end of Chapter 2?
5. How does Gurov feel about the fact that Anna had not been happy with him in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about Gurov that attracts the opposite sex, as described in the text?
2. Where do Anna and Gurov go in the beginning of Chapter 2? Why?
3. How is Anna different than the other women Gurov has made love to?
4. Describe the external characteristics of Gurov (age, marital status, appearance, etc.).
5. How does Gurov feel about the company of men?
6. Discuss how Gurov feels about women in The Lady with the Pet Dog.
7. Gurov believes that the memory of Anna will have faded after a month of being home. Does it? How is he affected one month later?
8. Describe the simile used in Chapter 4 used to reflect Anna and Gurov.
9. Describe how Gurov's wife views herself. What does she like to refer to herself as?
10. How does Gurov judge the lives of others as told in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the descriptions of the main characters' spouses. How is Gurov's wife similar or different than Anna's husband? How are the main characters' feelings about their spouses similar or different?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the autobiographical elements of The Lady with the Pet Dog to Anton Chekhov's life. What characteristics did he share with the characters? What of the setting?
Essay Topic 3
Are the conflicts in The Lady with the Pet Dog primarily external conflicts or internal conflicts? Define both of these terms and give examples of them from the text.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)