Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gurov have a great deal of disregard for?
2. How does Gurov describe his wife's intelligence?
3. Where did Anna grow up?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. Of what faith is Anna's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the weather in the beginning of Chapter 2. What is significant about it?
2. Why does Gurov not come the night before to see Anna in Chapter 4?
3. What does Anna tell Gurov at the end of Chapter 3?
4. How does the narrator describe the first snowfall of the season in Chapter 3?
5. Describe the external characteristics of Gurov (age, marital status, appearance, etc.).
6. Where does Gurov finally find Anna? What happens when he approaches her?
7. How does Gurov's wife respond when he tries to talk to her of love in Chapter 3?
8. How old was Gurov when he married his wife? How did their marriage take place?
9. What does Gurov do once the travelers have dispersed in Chapter 2? How does Anna react?
10. What do Anna and Gurov talk about at the end of Chapter 4? What is the resolution of the story?
Discuss the narrative point of view and tense of the novella. How does this impact the reader's information? Define "voice" and "tense" in your answer.
Describe the transformation which Gurov undergoes in the course of the novella. How is this transformation the basis of the structural components of the story?
Discuss "Adultery" as it is presented in the text. What are the characters' feelings regarding adultery? How does this thematically interact with the other themes of the story.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)