Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gurov have a great deal of disregard for?
2. How does Gurov describe his wife's intelligence?
3. Where did Anna grow up?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. Of what faith is Anna's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the weather in the beginning of Chapter 2. What is significant about it?
2. Why does Gurov not come the night before to see Anna in Chapter 4?
3. What does Anna tell Gurov at the end of Chapter 3?
4. How does the narrator describe the first snowfall of the season in Chapter 3?
5. Describe the external characteristics of Gurov (age, marital status, appearance, etc.).
6. Where does Gurov finally find Anna? What happens when he approaches her?
7. How does Gurov's wife respond when he tries to talk to her of love in Chapter 3?
8. How old was Gurov when he married his wife? How did their marriage take place?
9. What does Gurov do once the travelers have dispersed in Chapter 2? How does Anna react?
10. What do Anna and Gurov talk about at the end of Chapter 4? What is the resolution of the story?
Discuss "Slice of Life" realism. What does this term mean? How does it apply to The Lady with the Pet Dog?
Discuss the narrative point of view and tense of the novella. How does this impact the reader's information? Define "voice" and "tense" in your answer.
Discuss the theme of "Morality" as it applies to the novella. What is Chekhov's depiction of morality? How do his characters' actions exhibit this theme?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)