|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gurov decide to do at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Who do Anna and Gurov expect to arrive any day in Chapter 2?
3. How does Gurov feel about his wife?
4. What do Anna and Gurov sit near in Chapter 2 while out of town?
5. How long does the drive to the train station take Anna in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Anna different than the other women Gurov has made love to?
2. What does Gurov remark about Anna as he lays in his hotel room at the end of Chapter 1?`
3. Describe the weather in the beginning of Chapter 2. What is significant about it?
4. Discuss how Gurov feels about his wife. What does he secretly consider her?
5. Discuss how Gurov feels about women in The Lady with the Pet Dog.
6. Describe how Anna and Gurov meet in Chapter 1.
7. How does Anna describe her husband in Chapter 2? How old was she when she married?
8. Where does Gurov live? What is his profession and education?
9. Gurov believes that the memory of Anna will have faded after a month of being home. Does it? How is he affected one month later?
10. Where does Anna live? What does her husband do for a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Are the conflicts in The Lady with the Pet Dog primarily external conflicts or internal conflicts? Define both of these terms and give examples of them from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the two main characters in the story. How are they similar? How are they different? What about their settings set them apart?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "Nature" in The Lady with the Pet Dog. How is this theme both a symbol and a theme? How does the symbolism inform the theme?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)