|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary technique does the term "Chekhov's Gun" refer to?
2. What does Gurov catch sight of while consoling Anna in Chapter 4?
(a) The window.
(b) His wife.
(c) A mirror.
(d) His daughter.
3. What is a sturgeon?
4. What do Anna and Gurov begin to feel as the musicians begin tuning their instruments in the theater?
5. Where does Anna go during the intermission?
(a) She remains sitting.
(b) She goes into the aisle.
(c) She goes to the lobby.
(d) She goes to the balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Gurov leave to see Anna in Chapter 3?
2. What is missing from The Lady with the Pet Dog?
3. How often does the narrator say Anna went to see Gurov in Chapter 4?
4. What does Anna appear as though she's going to do when Gurov approaches her in the theater?
5. Where does Gurov go to play cards in Moscow?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)