|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the porter wear at the hotel?
(a) A white hat.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A blue hat.
(d) A black hat.
2. Who says, "You were quite right: the sturgeon was a bit off"?
(a) Gurov's wife.
(d) The civil servant.
3. Where does Anna go to see Gurov?
4. What does Gurov say to Anna when he approaches her in the theater?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "Good evening."
(c) "I've missed you."
(d) "Come with me."
5. What is the word that Gurov repeats in his thoughts at the end of the novella?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
2. What is the weather like in the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What does Anna beg Gurov to do in Chapter 3?
4. How many main characters are in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
5. What is the most prominent symbolism and imagery used in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)