|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gurov's daughter asks him, "Why isn't there any _____ in winter"?
2. What hotel does Anna stay at when visiting Gurov?
(a) Venischzy Manor.
(b) Slav Vladimir.
(c) Slav Bazaar.
(d) Moscow Manor.
3. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
(a) Say he loves her.
(b) Sit down beside her.
(c) Speak to her.
(d) Approach her husband.
4. From what point of view is The Lady with the Pet Dog told?
(a) Third person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
5. Who is the partner of Gurov at cards?
(a) A general.
(b) A professor.
(c) A woman.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna do when Gurov enters in Chapter 4?
2. What is the literary device which informs the reader of Gurov's past, age, marital status, and history?
3. Who says, "Really, Dimitry, the role of a coxcomb doesn't suit you at all"?
4. In what setting does Chapter 3 begin?
5. What does Anna say she has been since she last saw Gurov in the theater?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)