|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna appear as though she's going to do when Gurov approaches her in the theater?
2. What does Gurov say to Anna when he approaches her in the theater?
(a) "I've missed you."
(b) "I love you."
(c) "Good evening."
(d) "Come with me."
3. What does Gurov consider the musicians at the theater to be?
4. What does Anna beg Gurov to do in Chapter 3?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Return to Moscow.
(c) Take her away.
(d) Kiss her.
5. Where was Chekhov living while he wrote The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(d) The provinces of Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the literary device which informs the reader of Gurov's past, age, marital status, and history?
2. On which street does Anna live?
3. Where in Chapter 4 is the climax of the novella?
4. What does the word "coxcomb" mean?
5. What smell permeates the air as Anna and Gurov walk through the corridors?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)