|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
(a) Her boa.
(b) Her lorgnette.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her purse.
2. Why does Anna's husband go out during the intermission?
(a) To smoke.
(b) To walk around.
(c) To buy wine.
(d) To talk to the governor.
3. What do Anna and Gurov begin to feel as the musicians begin tuning their instruments in the theater?
4. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to see Gurov?
(a) She's going to see a doctor.
(b) She is going to see her mother.
(c) She is going to see her father.
(d) She is going to see her sister.
5. What is missing from The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(a) A protagonist.
(b) An antagonist.
(c) A story.
(d) A main character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
2. What does Anna do when Gurov enters in Chapter 4?
3. Fill in the blank: "He did not dream of Anna, she accompanied him everywhere he went like __________."
4. Where does Gurov go to play cards in Moscow?
5. What is a sturgeon?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)