|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gurov consider the musicians at the theater to be?
2. Fill in the blank: "He did not dream of Anna, she accompanied him everywhere he went like __________."
(a) His wife.
(b) His shadow.
3. What does Anna ask Gurov in the stairwell of the theater in Chapter 3?
(a) "Why didn't you come earlier?"
(b) "Where is your wife?"
(c) "Why did you come?"
(d) "Where have you been?"
4. In what setting does Chapter 3 begin?
(a) The provinces.
5. What is a sturgeon?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what tense is the Lady with the Pet Dog?
2. Where does Gurov remark to himself that everything important in his life takes place?
3. What would be the falling action in Chapter 4?
4. Where was Chekhov living while he wrote The Lady with the Pet Dog?
5. What does Gurov catch sight of while consoling Anna in Chapter 4?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)