|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say she has been since she last saw Gurov in the theater?
2. What is the word that Gurov repeats in his thoughts at the end of the novella?
3. In what row do Anna and her husband sit at the theater?
4. Where in Chapter 4 is the climax of the novella?
(a) Gurov's wife arriving.
(b) Gurov looking in the mirrow.
(c) Anna and Gurov making love.
(d) Anna weeping.
5. What does Gurov catch sight of while consoling Anna in Chapter 4?
(a) A mirror.
(b) His daughter.
(c) The window.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary technique does the term "Chekhov's Gun" refer to?
2. Who leaves the house to walk the dog in Chapter 3?
3. Fill in the blank: "He did not dream of Anna, she accompanied him everywhere he went like __________."
4. How often does the narrator say Anna went to see Gurov in Chapter 4?
5. What is the temperature, as Gurov tells his daughter in Chapter 4?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)