|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna ask Gurov in the stairwell of the theater in Chapter 3?
(a) "Why did you come?"
(b) "Where have you been?"
(c) "Where is your wife?"
(d) "Why didn't you come earlier?"
2. Who is the partner of Gurov at cards?
(a) A professor.
(b) A woman.
(c) A general.
(d) A doctor.
3. What does Anna beg Gurov to do in Chapter 3?
(a) Take her away.
(b) Return to Moscow.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Kiss her.
4. Why does Anna's husband go out during the intermission?
(a) To walk around.
(b) To smoke.
(c) To buy wine.
(d) To talk to the governor.
5. What does Gurov ask Anna to do with him rather than cry?
(c) Make love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word that Gurov repeats in his thoughts at the end of the novella?
2. Who leaves the house to walk the dog in Chapter 3?
3. What do Anna and Gurov begin to feel as the musicians begin tuning their instruments in the theater?
4. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
5. Where does Gurov remark to himself that everything important in his life takes place?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)