|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Chapter 4 is the climax of the novella?
(a) Anna weeping.
(b) Gurov looking in the mirrow.
(c) Gurov's wife arriving.
(d) Anna and Gurov making love.
2. What is a sturgeon?
3. What is the most prominent symbolism and imagery used in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
4. What does Gurov say to Anna when he approaches her in the theater?
(a) "Come with me."
(b) "I love you."
(c) "Good evening."
(d) "I've missed you."
5. Who is with Gurov in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna ask Gurov in the stairwell of the theater in Chapter 3?
2. What is Gurov overtaken by a need to share with someone in Chapter 3?
3. What is the term which refers to the type of literature that The Lady with the Pet Dog is?
4. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
5. What does the Governor's daughter wear at the theater?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)