|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gurov's past lovers do once they realized their mistake?
(a) Hated him.
(b) Still loved him.
(c) Left him.
(d) Scolded him.
2. What does Gurov consider the musicians at the theater to be?
3. In what setting does Chapter 3 begin?
(a) The provinces.
4. Where does Anna go during the intermission?
(a) She goes to the balcony.
(b) She goes to the lobby.
(c) She goes into the aisle.
(d) She remains sitting.
5. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
(a) Her purse.
(b) Her dog.
(c) Her lorgnette.
(d) Her boa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Gurov in the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What literary technique does the term "Chekhov's Gun" refer to?
3. What does the sign say, which Anna and Gurov stop below to talk in the theater?
4. What simile is used for Anna and Gurov in Chapter 4?
5. What does Gurov send for after his arrival at Anna's room in Chapter 4?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)