|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a major theme of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(c) Growing up.
2. What is the literary device which informs the reader of Gurov's past, age, marital status, and history?
3. Where does Anna go to see Gurov?
4. What does Anna say she has been since she last saw Gurov in the theater?
5. What is Anna's husband wearing on his suit jacket?
(a) A cape.
(b) An insignia.
(c) A fur.
(d) A boutonniere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Really, Dimitry, the role of a coxcomb doesn't suit you at all"?
2. Fill in the blank: "He did not dream of Anna, she accompanied him everywhere he went like __________."
3. What does Gurov note about his appearance in Chapter 4?
4. What term refers to "what a character is doing at any point in a piece of literature," such as "Gurov Kisses Anna"?
5. What is the most prominent symbolism and imagery used in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)