|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
(a) Sit down beside her.
(b) Speak to her.
(c) Approach her husband.
(d) Say he loves her.
2. Why does Anna's husband go out during the intermission?
(a) To talk to the governor.
(b) To walk around.
(c) To buy wine.
(d) To smoke.
3. Where does Gurov tell his wife he is going in Chapter 3?
4. What does the word "lorgnette" mean?
5. What is the literary device which informs the reader of Gurov's past, age, marital status, and history?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the type of realism Chekhov is known for in his writing, and which would refer to The Lady with the Pet Dog?
2. What show is being performed at the local theater in Chapter 3?
3. Where does Gurov go to play cards in Moscow?
4. What would be the falling action in Chapter 4?
5. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)