|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Anna and Gurov begin to feel as the musicians begin tuning their instruments in the theater?
2. What does the Governor's daughter wear at the theater?
(a) A mask.
(b) A feather boa.
(c) A fur hat.
(d) A fur coat.
3. What does Anna's husband appear to do with every step he takes?
4. What is the most prominent symbolism and imagery used in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
5. What kind of coat does Gurov wear in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the horseman not have in Gurov's room at the hotel?
2. What is the type of realism Chekhov is known for in his writing, and which would refer to The Lady with the Pet Dog?
3. What does Gurov do at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Where does Gurov remark to himself that everything important in his life takes place?
5. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to see Gurov?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)