|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the fence surrounding Anna's house?
2. Who is the partner of Gurov at cards?
(a) A general.
(b) A woman.
(c) A professor.
(d) A doctor.
3. What smell permeates the air as Anna and Gurov walk through the corridors?
(c) Cigarette smoke.
4. Where in Chapter 4 is the climax of the novella?
(a) Gurov looking in the mirrow.
(b) Gurov's wife arriving.
(c) Anna and Gurov making love.
(d) Anna weeping.
5. What is the term which means that the narrator expresses the thoughts of Gurov, but not of Anna?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the literary device which informs the reader of Gurov's past, age, marital status, and history?
2. From what point of view is The Lady with the Pet Dog told?
3. How often does the narrator say Anna went to see Gurov in Chapter 4?
4. Which of the following is a major theme of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
5. How many main characters are in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)