|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
(a) Say he loves her.
(b) Sit down beside her.
(c) Approach her husband.
(d) Speak to her.
2. What is the fence surrounding Anna's house studded with?
(a) Upturned nails.
(b) Naval pendants.
(d) Fleur de lis.
3. What is Gurov overtaken by a need to share with someone in Chapter 3?
(a) His anger.
(b) His memories.
(c) His need for a divorce.
(d) His forgiveness.
4. What show is being performed at the local theater in Chapter 3?
(a) The Bolshevik.
(b) The Phantom of the Opera.
(c) The Geisha Girl.
(d) The Beggar's Opera.
5. How many newspapers does Gurov read per day in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anna go to see Gurov?
2. The Lady with the Pet Dog is set in what country?
3. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
4. Who says, "You were quite right: the sturgeon was a bit off"?
5. Where does Gurov go to play cards in Moscow?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)