|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna tell Gurov that she hates in Chapter 2?
2. What is Gurov's marital status?
3. What do Anna and Gurov sit near in Chapter 2 while out of town?
(a) A library.
(b) A school.
(c) A church.
(d) A museum.
4. Where did Anna buy the scents which fill her room?
(a) A Chinese shop.
(b) A German shop.
(c) A Hawaiian shop.
(d) A Japanese shop.
5. How long does the drive to the train station take Anna in Chapter 2?
(a) All day.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One week.
(d) Two hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Anna been living in her current town in Chapter 1?
2. What does Anna use to look at the steamer and passengers?
3. What does Gurov decide to do at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What is Anna's marital status?
5. How does Gurov describe his wife's intelligence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gurov not come the night before to see Anna in Chapter 4?
2. What has been the outcome of Gurov's previous affairs? How has this left him?
3. Where does Gurov tell his wife he is going in Chapter 3? Where does he go instead?
4. How old was Gurov when he married his wife? How did their marriage take place?
5. What does Gurov's friend reply when he tells him of the beautiful woman he met in Yalta?
6. How has Anna come to feel toward Gurov in Chapter 4?
7. Where do Anna and Gurov go in the beginning of Chapter 2? Why?
8. Where does Gurov live? What is his profession and education?
9. What does Gurov do once the travelers have dispersed in Chapter 2? How does Anna react?
10. How does Gurov feel up on returning to his home in Chapter 3?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)