|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gurov remember while he looks at Anna after their first kiss?
(b) His children.
(c) His wife.
(d) The women of his past.
2. Where do Gurov and Anna sit in Chapter 2 after they've left town?
(a) The cliff.
(b) The beach.
(c) The mountain.
(d) The balcony.
3. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
(c) As if he'd just woken up.
4. How does Gurov describe his wife's intelligence?
(d) Above average.
5. What is Anna's marital status?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anna's features do following making love with Gurov?
2. What does Gurov decide to do at the end of Chapter 2?
3. How long has Anna been in Yalta when she and Gurov first speak?
4. Where do Gurov and Anna go to watch the arrival of the steamer?
5. How do the middle-aged women dress who come off the steamer in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gurov's response while Anna talks in Chapter 2 after they've made love? What does he do?
2. How old was Gurov when he married his wife? How did their marriage take place?
3. Gurov believes that the memory of Anna will have faded after a month of being home. Does it? How is he affected one month later?
4. Describe the hotel room Gurov stays in in Chapter 3.
5. Describe the lifestyle that Gurov leads while living in the city.
6. What does Anna tell Gurov at the end of Chapter 3?
7. What does Gurov regard the life he leads in open view to be?
8. Describe how Gurov's wife views herself. What does she like to refer to herself as?
9. Describe the imagery of nature in Chapter 1. What elements are referred to repeatedly in the novel?
10. What does Gurov do once the travelers have dispersed in Chapter 2? How does Anna react?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)