|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gurov feel about his wife?
(a) He despises her.
(b) He is jealous of her.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He worships her.
2. How does Gurov describe his wife's intelligence?
(c) Above average.
3. What is the first thing Anna says to Gurov?
(a) "Be careful."
(b) "He's afraid of you."
(c) "He doesn't bite."
(d) He bites."
4. How old is Anna?
5. How is the weather in Chapter 2 while Gurov and Anna sit outside of town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna point out before she and Gurov go back to the hotel in Chapter 2?
2. How long has Anna been living in her current town in Chapter 1?
3. How long has Gurov been in town at the beginning of the novella?
4. How old was Anna when she married her husband?
5. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna look like when she greets Gurov in Chapter 4? What is her demeanor?
2. What does Gurov tell Anna most of the vacationers feel about Yalta?
3. How does Gurov's behavior devolve in Chapter 3? What does he feel about his life and activities?
4. Why is Anna crying in Chapter 4? How does she regard their situation?
5. Describe the setting in the beginning of Chapter 3. Where is it? What is the description of it?
6. How does Gurov's wife respond when he tries to talk to her of love in Chapter 3?
7. What does Gurov regard the life he leads in open view to be?
8. What is Gurov's response while Anna talks in Chapter 2 after they've made love? What does he do?
9. How does Gurov feel up on returning to his home in Chapter 3?
10. What does Anna speak of regarding "the devil" in Chapter 2?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)