|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna's marital status?
2. What does Anna tell Gurov that she hates in Chapter 2?
3. What does Anna point out before she and Gurov go back to the hotel in Chapter 2?
(a) The birds.
(c) The sunset.
(d) The sunrise.
4. What is the first place Gurov and Anna stop into after looking at the harbor?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A provincial garden.
(c) A Japanese shop.
(d) A French perfumery.
5. In what city does the novella begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Gurov notice Anna in the beginning of her stay?
2. How much longer does Anna intend to stay in Yalta in Chapter 1?
3. How old is Gurov?
4. How many houses does Gurov own in Moscow?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, the narrator remarks that there was a whiff of what in the air?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gurov feel up on returning to his home in Chapter 3?
2. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to Moscow in Chapter 4? What does the text say his response is?
3. How does Gurov recall regarding making love to women in his past?
4. What does Gurov talk about with his daughter while walking her to school in Chapter 4?
5. Discuss how Gurov feels about women in The Lady with the Pet Dog.
6. How does Gurov feel about the company of men?
7. How are Anna's and Gurov's meetings arranged in the city in Chapter 4?
8. What is it about Gurov that attracts the opposite sex, as described in the text?
9. What does Gurov's friend reply when he tells him of the beautiful woman he met in Yalta?
10. Gurov believes that the memory of Anna will have faded after a month of being home. Does it? How is he affected one month later?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)