|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Anna and Gurov travel in Chapter 2 on their way out of town?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By cab.
(d) Gurov's car.
2. Where do Anna and Gurov go after making love in Chapter 2?
3. Where is the site of Gurov's vacation home?
4. How often does Gurov notice Anna in the beginning of her stay?
(d) Every few days.
5. What is Anna's maiden name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Anna have?
2. Where is Anna walking when Gurov first sees her?
3. What does Anna refer to her husband as being?
4. How does Gurov feel listening to Anna bemoan her fate in Chapter 2?
5. How does Gurov feel about his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gurov do once the travelers have dispersed in Chapter 2? How does Anna react?
2. Discuss how Gurov feels about his wife. What does he secretly consider her?
3. What does Gurov regard the life he leads in open view to be?
4. How does Gurov feel up on returning to his home in Chapter 3?
5. How does Gurov judge the lives of others as told in Chapter 4?
6. What does Anna speak of regarding "the devil" in Chapter 2?
7. What is Anna's surname? What kind of name is it? How does Anna explain this?
8. How does Gurov feel about the company of men?
9. How does Gurov refer to his wife in making love?
10. How old was Gurov when he married his wife? How did their marriage take place?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)