|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Anna walking when Gurov first sees her?
(a) Along the promenade.
(b) Along the pier.
(c) Into the restaurant.
(d) Into the museum.
2. Where is the site of Gurov's vacation home?
3. How does Gurov feel about the fact that Anna had not been happy with him in Chapter 2?
4. How long does the drive to the train station take Anna in Chapter 2?
(a) Three hours.
(b) All day.
(c) One week.
(d) Two hours.
5. What is Gurov a graduate of?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gurov feel listening to Anna bemoan her fate in Chapter 2?
2. How long has Anna been living in her current town in Chapter 1?
3. What do Anna's features do following making love with Gurov?
4. What does Gurov remember while he looks at Anna after their first kiss?
5. What does the narrator compare Anna to in the scene following making love to Gurov?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Anna's and Gurov's meetings arranged in the city in Chapter 4?
2. How does Gurov's behavior devolve in Chapter 3? What does he feel about his life and activities?
3. Why is Anna crying in Chapter 4? How does she regard their situation?
4. What does Gurov do while Anna is crying in Chapter 4? What is this a near repetition of in the novella?
5. Where does Gurov live? What is his profession and education?
6. Describe how Gurov's wife views herself. What does she like to refer to herself as?
7. How does Anna describe her husband in Chapter 2? How old was she when she married?
8. Where does Gurov tell his wife he is going in Chapter 3? Where does he go instead?
9. What does Gurov regard the life he leads in open view to be?
10. What does Anna speak of regarding "the devil" in Chapter 2?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)