|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the women whom Gurov had lost interest in the past, what did their negligees look like to him?
(c) The scales of a dragon.
(d) The scales of a snake.
2. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
(a) The pale lady.
(b) The lady with the child.
(c) The lady with the dog.
(d) The widow.
3. What does Anna use to look at the steamer and passengers?
(b) Reading glasses.
(c) A lorgnette.
4. What is another word for "harbor"?
5. What is Anna's husband's surname?
(a) Von Diederitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gurov feel about the fact that Anna had not been happy with him in Chapter 2?
2. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
3. What is Gurov a graduate of?
4. How tall is Anna?
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gurov tell Anna most of the vacationers feel about Yalta?
2. How does Anna describe her husband in Chapter 2? How old was she when she married?
3. Why does Gurov not come the night before to see Anna in Chapter 4?
4. How does Gurov's wife respond when he tries to talk to her of love in Chapter 3?
5. How does Gurov feel about the company of men?
6. What does Anna speak of regarding "the devil" in Chapter 2?
7. What has been the outcome of Gurov's previous affairs? How has this left him?
8. Describe the simile used in Chapter 4 used to reflect Anna and Gurov.
9. How are Anna's and Gurov's meetings arranged in the city in Chapter 4?
10. How has Anna come to feel toward Gurov in Chapter 4?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)