|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gurov work?
(a) A library.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A bank.
(d) A university.
2. How does Gurov feel about the fact that Anna had not been happy with him in Chapter 2?
3. What does Anna use to look at the steamer and passengers?
(c) A lorgnette.
(d) Reading glasses.
4. At the end of Chapter 2, the narrator remarks that there was a whiff of what in the air?
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's marital status?
2. Where does Gurov suggest they go after kissing Anna by the steamer?
3. How do Anna and Gurov travel in Chapter 2 on their way out of town?
4. What is another word for "harbor"?
5. How does Dmitri refer to women in general?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the lifestyle that Gurov leads while living in the city.
2. What does Gurov dwell upon regarding his "double life" in Chapter 4?
3. How are Anna's and Gurov's meetings arranged in the city in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Gurov see Anna's face in his mind in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Anna's husband not arrive? What does his letter say?
6. Where does Anna live? What does her husband do for a living?
7. What is Anna's surname? What kind of name is it? How does Anna explain this?
8. What does Gurov's friend reply when he tells him of the beautiful woman he met in Yalta?
9. What does Anna look like when she greets Gurov in Chapter 4? What is her demeanor?
10. Where do Anna and Gurov go in the beginning of Chapter 2? Why?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)