|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gurov and Anna sit in Chapter 2 after they've left town?
(a) The cliff.
(b) The beach.
(c) The balcony.
(d) The mountain.
2. What does Gurov eat in the room after making love to Anna?
(b) An apple.
(d) An orange.
3. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
4. Where do Gurov and Anna go to watch the arrival of the steamer?
(a) The pier.
(b) The mountain.
(c) The beach.
(d) The balcony.
5. What has Gurov been for a long time in his marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Gurov's daughter?
2. With the women whom Gurov had lost interest in the past, what did their negligees look like to him?
3. How is the weather in Chapter 2 while Gurov and Anna sit outside of town?
4. Who walks up to Gurov and Anna while they watch the ocean in Chapter 2 after making love?
5. What is Anna's husband's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss how Gurov feels about his wife. What does he secretly consider her?
2. What is Gurov's response while Anna talks in Chapter 2 after they've made love? What does he do?
3. Why is Anna crying in Chapter 4? How does she regard their situation?
4. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to Moscow in Chapter 4? What does the text say his response is?
5. How does Anna describe her husband in Chapter 2? How old was she when she married?
6. Describe how Gurov's wife views herself. What does she like to refer to herself as?
7. How old was Gurov when he married his wife? How did their marriage take place?
8. What does Anna look like when she greets Gurov in Chapter 4? What is her demeanor?
9. Describe the people arriving on the pier in Chapter 2. How are they dressed?
10. How are Muscovites described by the narrator in Chapter 1?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)