Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gurov have a great deal of disregard for?
2. How does Gurov describe his wife's intelligence?
(a) Above average.
3. Where did Anna grow up?
4. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. Of what faith is Anna's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gurov a graduate of?
2. What does Anna say she has always been burning with?
3. How often does Gurov notice Anna in the beginning of her stay?
4. What is the name of the restaurant where Gurov first sees Anna?
5. What is the color of Anna's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the weather in the beginning of Chapter 2. What is significant about it?
2. Why does Gurov not come the night before to see Anna in Chapter 4?
3. What does Anna tell Gurov at the end of Chapter 3?
4. How does the narrator describe the first snowfall of the season in Chapter 3?
5. Describe the external characteristics of Gurov (age, marital status, appearance, etc.).
6. Where does Gurov finally find Anna? What happens when he approaches her?
7. How does Gurov's wife respond when he tries to talk to her of love in Chapter 3?
8. How old was Gurov when he married his wife? How did their marriage take place?
9. What does Gurov do once the travelers have dispersed in Chapter 2? How does Anna react?
10. What do Anna and Gurov talk about at the end of Chapter 4? What is the resolution of the story?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)