|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
(c) As if he'd just woken up.
2. What is the first place Gurov and Anna stop into after looking at the harbor?
(a) A provincial garden.
(b) A French perfumery.
(c) A Japanese shop.
(d) A bakery.
3. What is the first thing Anna says to Gurov?
(a) "Be careful."
(b) He bites."
(c) "He's afraid of you."
(d) "He doesn't bite."
4. How many children does Anna have?
5. Where was Anna's husband's grandfather from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Anna grow up?
2. What has Gurov been for a long time in his marriage?
3. Where is the site of Gurov's vacation home?
4. Where do Anna and Gurov go after making love in Chapter 2?
5. Who does the protagonist regard as irresolute and "hard to rouse"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting in the beginning of Chapter 3. Where is it? What is the description of it?
2. What does Anna look like when she greets Gurov in Chapter 4? What is her demeanor?
3. How does Gurov feel about the company of men?
4. Why is the lady with the pet dog a topic of conversation in the beginning of the novella?
5. Where does Gurov live? What is his profession and education?
6. Where does Gurov see Anna's face in his mind in Chapter 3?
7. Describe the simile used in Chapter 4 used to reflect Anna and Gurov.
8. Gurov believes that the memory of Anna will have faded after a month of being home. Does it? How is he affected one month later?
9. What is the significance of Gurov's vision of himself in the mirror in Chapter 4?
10. What has been the outcome of Gurov's previous affairs? How has this left him?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)