|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna lose in the crowd of people in Chapter 2?
(a) Her lorgnette.
(b) Her beret.
(c) Her parasol.
(d) Her gloves.
2. Where do Anna and Gurov go after making love in Chapter 2?
3. How does Gurov feel about the fact that Anna had not been happy with him in Chapter 2?
4. What does Anna point out before she and Gurov go back to the hotel in Chapter 2?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) The birds.
(d) The sunset.
5. What color hair does Gurov's wife have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna tells Gurov, "It's a good thing I'm going. It's _____."
2. What is another word for "harbor"?
3. What time of day does the steamer arrive in Chapter 2?
4. How long has Anna been living in her current town in Chapter 1?
5. What is Anna's maiden name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gurov feel up on returning to his home in Chapter 3?
2. What is it about Gurov that attracts the opposite sex, as described in the text?
3. How does Gurov refer to his wife in making love?
4. Describe the simile used in Chapter 4 used to reflect Anna and Gurov.
5. Describe the lifestyle that Gurov leads while living in the city.
6. How does Gurov recall regarding making love to women in his past?
7. Describe Anna's room in Chapter 2. What does it smell like? How large is it?
8. How does Anna regard having slept with Gurov in her room in Chapter 2?
9. Describe how Anna and Gurov meet in Chapter 1.
10. What does Gurov see in the negligees of women he's lost interest in? Why?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)