|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dmitri refer to women in general?
(a) As "the stronger of the sexes."
(b) As "reliable."
(c) As "the lower race."
(d) As "flowers."
2. What color hair does Gurov's wife have?
3. What is the color of Anna's dog?
4. How old is Anna?
5. What does Anna refer to her husband as being?
(a) A flunkey.
(b) A monster.
(c) An abuser.
(d) A cad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
2. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
3. What is Gurov's marital status?
4. What do Anna and Gurov sit near in Chapter 2 while out of town?
5. What activity do Gurov and Anna regularly do together late, near the end of Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna look like when she greets Gurov in Chapter 4? What is her demeanor?
2. Where does Gurov finally find Anna? What happens when he approaches her?
3. Why is Anna crying in Chapter 4? How does she regard their situation?
4. What does Gurov regard the life he leads in open view to be?
5. Where does Anna live? What does her husband do for a living?
6. How does Gurov's wife respond when he tries to talk to her of love in Chapter 3?
7. Where does Gurov tell his wife he is going in Chapter 3? Where does he go instead?
8. How does Gurov judge the lives of others as told in Chapter 4?
9. What does Anna speak of regarding "the devil" in Chapter 2?
10. Where does Gurov live? What is his profession and education?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)