|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time do Anna and Gurov begin meeting every day in Chapter 2?
(a) Three p.m.
(c) Five p.m.
(d) After dark.
2. What activity do Gurov and Anna regularly do together late, near the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Go sailing.
(b) Take cabs into Yalta.
(c) Take walks.
(d) Ride bikes.
3. What type of hat does Anna wear?
(a) Top hat.
(b) Floral hat.
4. How many houses does Gurov own in Moscow?
5. How old is Gurov?
(a) Close to thirty.
(b) Close to twenty.
(c) Close to forty.
(d) Close to fifty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children does Anna have?
2. What does Anna's husband say he's having problems with in his letter in Chapter 2?
3. What has Gurov been for a long time in his marriage?
4. How many children does Gurov have?
5. How long has Anna been in Yalta when she and Gurov first speak?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gurov refer to his wife in making love?
2. Where does Gurov live? What is his profession and education?
3. How are Anna's and Gurov's meetings arranged in the city in Chapter 4?
4. Describe the setting in the beginning of Chapter 3. Where is it? What is the description of it?
5. What does Gurov see in the negligees of women he's lost interest in? Why?
6. What does Anna tell Gurov at the end of Chapter 3?
7. Describe the hotel room Gurov stays in in Chapter 3.
8. How does Anna describe her husband in Chapter 2? How old was she when she married?
9. What does Anna look like when she greets Gurov in Chapter 4? What is her demeanor?
10. How does Gurov's behavior devolve in Chapter 3? What does he feel about his life and activities?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)