|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gurov live?
(a) The provinces.
2. How is the weather in Chapter 2 while Gurov and Anna sit outside of town?
3. What is Gurov's marital status?
4. Where does Gurov work?
(a) A university.
(b) A library.
(c) A bank.
(d) A hotel.
5. Anna says, after making love to Gurov, "You'll be the first to ______ me now."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna refer to her husband as being?
2. What is the weather like at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. How much longer does Anna intend to stay in Yalta in Chapter 1?
4. How old is Gurov?
5. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Anna come to feel toward Gurov in Chapter 4?
2. Where does Gurov live? What is his profession and education?
3. What is Anna's surname? What kind of name is it? How does Anna explain this?
4. What does Gurov remark about Anna as he lays in his hotel room at the end of Chapter 1?`
5. What does Gurov see in the negligees of women he's lost interest in? Why?
6. How are Anna's and Gurov's meetings arranged in the city in Chapter 4?
7. How is Anna different than the other women Gurov has made love to?
8. What does Anna tell Gurov at the end of Chapter 3?
9. Why is Anna crying in Chapter 4? How does she regard their situation?
10. How does Gurov judge the lives of others as told in Chapter 4?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)