|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another word for "harbor"?
2. What activity do Gurov and Anna regularly do together late, near the end of Chapter 2?
(a) Take cabs into Yalta.
(b) Take walks.
(c) Go sailing.
(d) Ride bikes.
3. What is Gurov's marital status?
4. What is the name of the restaurant where Gurov first sees Anna?
(a) Viex Carre.
5. Who does the protagonist regard as irresolute and "hard to rouse"?
(a) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Anna say she has deceived in Chapter 2?
2. What do Anna's features do following making love with Gurov?
3. Who is Anna expecting to join her on vacation?
4. How do the middle-aged women dress who come off the steamer in Chapter 2?
5. How do Anna and Gurov travel in Chapter 2 on their way out of town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gurov not come the night before to see Anna in Chapter 4?
2. Why is Anna crying in Chapter 4? How does she regard their situation?
3. Discuss how Gurov feels about women in The Lady with the Pet Dog.
4. Where does Gurov see Anna's face in his mind in Chapter 3?
5. Describe the weather in the beginning of Chapter 2. What is significant about it?
6. What does Gurov do once the travelers have dispersed in Chapter 2? How does Anna react?
7. What does Anna look like when she greets Gurov in Chapter 4? What is her demeanor?
8. What does Gurov regard the life he leads in open view to be?
9. How does Anna describe her husband in Chapter 2? How old was she when she married?
10. What does Anna tell Gurov at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)