|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the women whom Gurov had lost interest in the past, what did their negligees look like to him?
(a) The scales of a dragon.
(b) The scales of a snake.
2. How old was Anna when she married her husband?
3. What does Anna take no time in doing after the letter from her husband arrives in Chapter 2?
(a) Calling an ambulance.
(b) Packing her bags.
(c) Writing back to say she's staying.
(d) Making love to Gurov.
4. What is Anna's maiden name?
5. What is the name of the protagonist in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(a) Dmitri Dmitritch Gurov.
(b) Dmitri Sergeyevna.
(c) Anna Sergeyevna.
(d) Dmitri Karamazov.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Gurov and Anna go to watch the arrival of the steamer?
2. How many children does Gurov have?
3. In what city does the novella begin?
4. What does Gurov remember while he looks at Anna after their first kiss?
5. Where does Gurov live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Gurov's wife views herself. What does she like to refer to herself as?
2. How does the narrator describe the first snowfall of the season in Chapter 3?
3. Why does Gurov not come the night before to see Anna in Chapter 4?
4. How are Anna's and Gurov's meetings arranged in the city in Chapter 4?
5. What does Gurov's friend reply when he tells him of the beautiful woman he met in Yalta?
6. Describe Anna's room in Chapter 2. What does it smell like? How large is it?
7. What does Gurov do once the travelers have dispersed in Chapter 2? How does Anna react?
8. How is Anna different than the other women Gurov has made love to?
9. How does Anna regard having slept with Gurov in her room in Chapter 2?
10. Why is Anna crying in Chapter 4? How does she regard their situation?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)