|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gurov work?
(a) A university.
(b) A library.
(c) A bank.
(d) A hotel.
2. How does Gurov feel listening to Anna bemoan her fate in Chapter 2?
3. Where does Gurov suggest they go after kissing Anna by the steamer?
(a) The shore.
(b) Her hotel room.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) His hotel room.
4. Where was Anna's husband's grandfather from?
5. How do the middle-aged women dress who come off the steamer in Chapter 2?
(a) In men's apparel.
(b) Like old ladies.
(c) Like girls.
(d) In coats and hats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gurov decide to do at the end of Chapter 2?
2. How much longer does Anna intend to stay in Yalta in Chapter 1?
3. What activity do Gurov and Anna regularly do together late, near the end of Chapter 2?
4. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
5. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gurov recall regarding making love to women in his past?
2. Discuss how Gurov feels about his wife. What does he secretly consider her?
3. What is Gurov's response while Anna talks in Chapter 2 after they've made love? What does he do?
4. Describe how Gurov's wife views herself. What does she like to refer to herself as?
5. What does Gurov do while Anna is crying in Chapter 4? What is this a near repetition of in the novella?
6. What do Anna and Gurov talk about at the end of Chapter 4? What is the resolution of the story?
7. What does Gurov's friend reply when he tells him of the beautiful woman he met in Yalta?
8. Describe the simile used in Chapter 4 used to reflect Anna and Gurov.
9. What is Anna's surname? What kind of name is it? How does Anna explain this?
10. Where do Anna and Gurov go in the beginning of Chapter 2? Why?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)