|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna says, after making love to Gurov, "You'll be the first to ______ me now."
2. Who does the protagonist regard as irresolute and "hard to rouse"?
(d) The French.
3. What color eyes does Dmitri remark that Anna has?
4. How much longer does Anna intend to stay in Yalta in Chapter 1?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
5. What type of hat does Anna wear?
(a) Top hat.
(d) Floral hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Anna and Gurov go after making love in Chapter 2?
2. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
3. What did Anna tell her husband before coming to Yalta?
4. What does Gurov remember while he looks at Anna after their first kiss?
5. How is Anna's hair described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the simile used in Chapter 4 used to reflect Anna and Gurov.
2. How are Anna's and Gurov's meetings arranged in the city in Chapter 4?
3. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to Moscow in Chapter 4? What does the text say his response is?
4. Describe Anna's room in Chapter 2. What does it smell like? How large is it?
5. How does Gurov feel up on returning to his home in Chapter 3?
6. Why does Anna's husband not arrive? What does his letter say?
7. How does Gurov's behavior devolve in Chapter 3? What does he feel about his life and activities?
8. What does Gurov dwell upon regarding his "double life" in Chapter 4?
9. How does Gurov's wife respond when he tries to talk to her of love in Chapter 3?
10. How does Anna regard having slept with Gurov in her room in Chapter 2?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)