|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anna expecting to join her on vacation?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
2. What is Gurov a graduate of?
3. What does Anna use to look at the steamer and passengers?
(a) A lorgnette.
(b) Reading glasses.
4. What type of hat does Anna wear?
(a) Floral hat.
(d) Top hat.
5. Who does the protagonist regard as irresolute and "hard to rouse"?
(b) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Anna tell her husband before coming to Yalta?
2. How is Anna's hair described?
3. What does Anna refer to her husband as being?
4. What do the other vacationers refer to Anna as?
5. Where do Gurov and Anna sit in Chapter 2 after they've left town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gurov not come the night before to see Anna in Chapter 4?
2. What does Gurov talk about with his daughter while walking her to school in Chapter 4?
3. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to Moscow in Chapter 4? What does the text say his response is?
4. How are Anna's and Gurov's meetings arranged in the city in Chapter 4?
5. What does Anna look like when she greets Gurov in Chapter 4? What is her demeanor?
6. Describe the setting in the beginning of Chapter 3. Where is it? What is the description of it?
7. Describe how Anna and Gurov meet in Chapter 1.
8. Where does Gurov tell his wife he is going in Chapter 3? Where does he go instead?
9. Why is Anna crying in Chapter 4? How does she regard their situation?
10. How does Anna describe her husband in Chapter 2? How old was she when she married?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)