|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Anna have?
2. Where does Gurov work?
(a) A bank.
(b) A university.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A library.
3. Where did Anna buy the scents which fill her room?
(a) A Chinese shop.
(b) A German shop.
(c) A Hawaiian shop.
(d) A Japanese shop.
4. How often does Gurov notice Anna in the beginning of her stay?
(b) Every few days.
5. How does Gurov feel about his wife?
(a) He worships her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He is jealous of her.
(d) He despises her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's marital status?
2. What is another word for "harbor"?
3. How long has Anna been in Yalta when she and Gurov first speak?
4. What does the narrator compare Anna to in the scene following making love to Gurov?
5. What has Gurov been for a long time in his marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anna's husband not arrive? What does his letter say?
2. Describe the simile used in Chapter 4 used to reflect Anna and Gurov.
3. Discuss how Gurov feels about women in The Lady with the Pet Dog.
4. Why is Anna crying in Chapter 4? How does she regard their situation?
5. How has Anna come to feel toward Gurov in Chapter 4?
6. What is it about Gurov that attracts the opposite sex, as described in the text?
7. Why is the lady with the pet dog a topic of conversation in the beginning of the novella?
8. Where does Gurov finally find Anna? What happens when he approaches her?
9. Describe the character of Anna. How old is she? What is her appearance?
10. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to Moscow in Chapter 4? What does the text say his response is?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)