|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Anna buy the scents which fill her room?
(a) A Hawaiian shop.
(b) A Chinese shop.
(c) A German shop.
(d) A Japanese shop.
2. Where does Anna live?
(a) The provinces.
(b) The Netherlands.
3. Where do Gurov and Anna go to watch the arrival of the steamer?
(a) The mountain.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The beach.
(d) The pier.
4. Where do Gurov and Anna sit in Chapter 2 after they've left town?
(a) The cliff.
(b) The beach.
(c) The mountain.
(d) The balcony.
5. What is Gurov's marital status?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Anna and Gurov go after making love in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Gurov live?
3. What is the name of the protagonist in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
4. Who do Anna and Gurov expect to arrive any day in Chapter 2?
5. How much time has passed between Chapter 1 and Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gurov's wife respond when he tries to talk to her of love in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Gurov not come the night before to see Anna in Chapter 4?
3. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to Moscow in Chapter 4? What does the text say his response is?
4. What has been the outcome of Gurov's previous affairs? How has this left him?
5. Where does Anna live? What does her husband do for a living?
6. What does Gurov remark about Anna as he lays in his hotel room at the end of Chapter 1?`
7. How are Anna's and Gurov's meetings arranged in the city in Chapter 4?
8. Why is Anna crying in Chapter 4? How does she regard their situation?
9. What does Gurov dwell upon regarding his "double life" in Chapter 4?
10. Why is the lady with the pet dog a topic of conversation in the beginning of the novella?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)