|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Anna walking when Gurov first sees her?
(a) Along the promenade.
(b) Into the museum.
(c) Along the pier.
(d) Into the restaurant.
2. What does Anna tell Gurov that she hates in Chapter 2?
3. What does Gurov's wife like to describe herself as?
(a) A righteous person.
(b) An elegant person.
(c) A pious person.
(d) A thinking person.
4. What does Anna take no time in doing after the letter from her husband arrives in Chapter 2?
(a) Calling an ambulance.
(b) Packing her bags.
(c) Making love to Gurov.
(d) Writing back to say she's staying.
5. Whom does Anna say she has deceived in Chapter 2?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna refer to her husband as being?
2. Where is the site of Gurov's vacation home?
3. What does the dog do in Chapter 1 when Gurov shakes his finger at it?
4. How is Anna's hair described?
5. How does Gurov feel once the train disappears in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anna look like when she greets Gurov in Chapter 4? What is her demeanor?
2. What does Gurov do once the travelers have dispersed in Chapter 2? How does Anna react?
3. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to Moscow in Chapter 4? What does the text say his response is?
4. What does Gurov tell Anna most of the vacationers feel about Yalta?
5. How does Gurov feel about the company of men?
6. How old was Gurov when he married his wife? How did their marriage take place?
7. What is the significance of Gurov's vision of himself in the mirror in Chapter 4?
8. How does Gurov feel up on returning to his home in Chapter 3?
9. Discuss how Gurov feels about his wife. What does he secretly consider her?
10. Gurov believes that the memory of Anna will have faded after a month of being home. Does it? How is he affected one month later?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)