|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna say she has been since she last saw Gurov in the theater?
2. Where in Chapter 4 is the climax of the novella?
(a) Gurov looking in the mirrow.
(b) Anna and Gurov making love.
(c) Gurov's wife arriving.
(d) Anna weeping.
3. What does Gurov do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Calls his wife.
(b) Leaves the theater.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Goes to Anna's house.
4. What is the temperature, as Gurov tells his daughter in Chapter 4?
(a) Three degrees above zero.
(b) One degree below zero.
(c) Ten degrees below zero.
(d) Ten degrees above zero.
5. From what point of view is The Lady with the Pet Dog told?
(a) Second person.
(c) Third person.
(d) First person.
6. What is a sturgeon?
7. Where does Anna go to see Gurov?
8. What smell permeates the air as Anna and Gurov walk through the corridors?
(b) Cigarette smoke.
9. Upon what sea is Yalta located?
(a) The Black Sea.
(b) The Balkan Sea.
(c) The Norman Sea.
(d) The Indian Sea.
10. What show is being performed at the local theater in Chapter 3?
(a) The Bolshevik.
(b) The Geisha Girl.
(c) The Phantom of the Opera.
(d) The Beggar's Opera.
11. Who is with Gurov in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His brother.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) His sister.
12. What is missing from The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(a) A main character.
(b) A protagonist.
(c) An antagonist.
(d) A story.
13. What is one of the main themes of The Lady with the Pet Dog, and a trait of Gurov's?
(b) Sibling rivalry.
14. What does Gurov say to Anna when he approaches her in the theater?
(a) "I love you."
(b) "Good evening."
(c) "I've missed you."
(d) "Come with me."
15. What do Anna and Gurov begin to feel as the musicians begin tuning their instruments in the theater?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
2. On which street does Anna live?
3. Where was Chekhov living while he wrote The Lady with the Pet Dog?
4. What is the first thing that Anna says to Gurov in the stairwell of the theater?
5. In what tense is the Lady with the Pet Dog?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)