|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the porter wear at the hotel?
(a) A blue hat.
(b) A white hat.
(c) A red hat.
(d) A black hat.
2. What does the Governor's daughter wear at the theater?
(a) A feather boa.
(b) A mask.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A fur hat.
3. What is the literary device which informs the reader of Gurov's past, age, marital status, and history?
4. What is Anna's husband wearing on his suit jacket?
(a) A boutonniere.
(b) An insignia.
(c) A cape.
(d) A fur.
5. What does Anna do when Gurov enters in Chapter 4?
6. What is a sturgeon?
7. What does Anna's husband appear to do with every step he takes?
8. What is the term which means that the narrator expresses the thoughts of Gurov, but not of Anna?
9. What does Gurov say to Anna when he approaches her in the theater?
(a) "Good evening."
(b) "I've missed you."
(c) "Come with me."
(d) "I love you."
10. What is the fence surrounding Anna's house studded with?
(a) Upturned nails.
(b) Naval pendants.
(c) Fleur de lis.
11. Where was Chekhov living while he wrote The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(d) The provinces of Russia.
12. What does Gurov send for after his arrival at Anna's room in Chapter 4?
13. What is the temperature, as Gurov tells his daughter in Chapter 4?
(a) One degree below zero.
(b) Three degrees above zero.
(c) Ten degrees above zero.
(d) Ten degrees below zero.
14. What does Anna appear as though she's going to do when Gurov approaches her in the theater?
15. What color is the fence surrounding Anna's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the house to walk the dog in Chapter 3?
2. What show is being performed at the local theater in Chapter 3?
3. What does Gurov catch sight of while consoling Anna in Chapter 4?
4. When does Gurov leave to see Anna in Chapter 3?
5. In what setting does Chapter 3 begin?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)