|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the house to walk the dog in Chapter 3?
(a) The maid.
(b) Anna's daughter.
(c) Anna's husband.
2. Gurov's daughter asks him, "Why isn't there any _____ in winter"?
3. Fill in the blank: "He did not dream of Anna, she accompanied him everywhere he went like __________."
(c) His wife.
(d) His shadow.
4. What color dress of Anna's does Gurov like the most?
5. What do Anna and Gurov begin to feel as the musicians begin tuning their instruments in the theater?
6. What does Gurov ask Anna to do with him rather than cry?
(c) Make love.
7. Where does Anna go to see Gurov?
8. What smell permeates the air as Anna and Gurov walk through the corridors?
(c) Cigarette smoke.
9. What is the literary device which informs the reader of Gurov's past, age, marital status, and history?
10. Fill in the blank: "To women he always seemed ______ than what he was."
11. Who is the partner of Gurov at cards?
(a) A professor.
(b) A general.
(c) A woman.
(d) A doctor.
12. What is the term which refers to the type of literature that The Lady with the Pet Dog is?
13. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
(a) Sit down beside her.
(b) Say he loves her.
(c) Approach her husband.
(d) Speak to her.
14. The Lady with the Pet Dog is set in what country?
(d) The USSR.
15. What term refers to "what a character is doing at any point in a piece of literature," such as "Gurov Kisses Anna"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna say she has been since she last saw Gurov in the theater?
2. Where does Gurov go to play cards in Moscow?
3. What color is the fence surrounding Anna's house?
4. Who says, "Really, Dimitry, the role of a coxcomb doesn't suit you at all"?
5. What is the first thing that Anna says to Gurov in the stairwell of the theater?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)