|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to see Gurov?
(a) She is going to see her sister.
(b) She's going to see a doctor.
(c) She is going to see her mother.
(d) She is going to see her father.
2. What does Anna's husband appear to do with every step he takes?
3. On which street does Anna live?
(a) Old Potter's Street.
(b) Snow Street.
(c) Vkarkov Street.
(d) Willow Street.
4. What simile is used for Anna and Gurov in Chapter 4?
5. What is the weather like in the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. Who is with Gurov in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His brother.
(d) His daughter.
7. What is one of the major themes of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
8. Why does Anna's husband go out during the intermission?
(a) To talk to the governor.
(b) To buy wine.
(c) To walk around.
(d) To smoke.
9. What is the fence surrounding Anna's house studded with?
(a) Fleur de lis.
(c) Naval pendants.
(d) Upturned nails.
10. What does the porter wear at the hotel?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A white hat.
(c) A black hat.
(d) A blue hat.
11. What does Gurov send for after his arrival at Anna's room in Chapter 4?
12. What color dress of Anna's does Gurov like the most?
13. What did Gurov's past lovers do once they realized their mistake?
(a) Still loved him.
(b) Left him.
(c) Scolded him.
(d) Hated him.
14. What would be the falling action in Chapter 4?
(a) Gurov and Anna running away.
(b) Gurov and Anna divorcing their spouses.
(c) Gurov and Anna sailing on a ship.
(d) Gurov and Anna hoping to find a solution.
15. What are the boys doing in the stairwell above Anna and Gurov in the theater?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a major theme of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
2. Who is the partner of Gurov at cards?
3. What is one of the main themes of The Lady with the Pet Dog, and a trait of Gurov's?
4. What is the type of realism Chekhov is known for in his writing, and which would refer to The Lady with the Pet Dog?
5. Who says, "Really, Dimitry, the role of a coxcomb doesn't suit you at all"?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)