|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna ask Gurov in the stairwell of the theater in Chapter 3?
(a) "Why did you come?"
(b) "Where is your wife?"
(c) "Why didn't you come earlier?"
(d) "Where have you been?"
2. What does Gurov say to Anna when he approaches her in the theater?
(a) "Good evening."
(b) "I love you."
(c) "I've missed you."
(d) "Come with me."
3. What hotel does Anna stay at when visiting Gurov?
(a) Moscow Manor.
(b) Slav Bazaar.
(c) Slav Vladimir.
(d) Venischzy Manor.
4. Who is the partner of Gurov at cards?
(a) A general.
(b) A professor.
(c) A woman.
(d) A doctor.
5. What street does Gurov stroll down in the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. Where does Anna go to see Gurov?
7. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to see Gurov?
(a) She is going to see her sister.
(b) She is going to see her mother.
(c) She is going to see her father.
(d) She's going to see a doctor.
8. What had none of the women that Gurov had previously been with, been in their time with him?
9. What color dress of Anna's does Gurov like the most?
10. What does the word "coxcomb" mean?
(b) Pretentious fop.
11. In what setting does Chapter 3 begin?
(b) The provinces.
12. What show is being performed at the local theater in Chapter 3?
(a) The Bolshevik.
(b) The Geisha Girl.
(c) The Phantom of the Opera.
(d) The Beggar's Opera.
13. What did Gurov's past lovers do once they realized their mistake?
(a) Still loved him.
(b) Scolded him.
(c) Hated him.
(d) Left him.
14. Which of the following is a major theme of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(c) Growing up.
15. Where does Gurov remark to himself that everything important in his life takes place?
(a) In his children.
(b) In his home.
(c) In secret.
(d) In public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term which means that the narrator expresses the thoughts of Gurov, but not of Anna?
2. What simile is used for Anna and Gurov in Chapter 4?
3. What is the term which refers to the type of literature that The Lady with the Pet Dog is?
4. What does the Governor's daughter wear at the theater?
5. In what tense is the Lady with the Pet Dog?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)