|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(a) A protagonist.
(b) An antagonist.
(c) A main character.
(d) A story.
2. In what setting does Chapter 3 begin?
(b) The provinces.
3. When does Gurov leave to see Anna in Chapter 3?
4. Where in Chapter 4 is the climax of the novella?
(a) Gurov's wife arriving.
(b) Anna weeping.
(c) Gurov looking in the mirrow.
(d) Anna and Gurov making love.
5. What is the fence surrounding Anna's house studded with?
(a) Fleur de lis.
(c) Naval pendants.
(d) Upturned nails.
6. What is the weather like in the beginning of Chapter 3?
7. In what row do Anna and her husband sit at the theater?
8. What does Gurov ask Anna to do at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Leave with him.
(b) Stop crying.
(c) Call his wife.
(d) Make him dinner.
9. In what tense is the Lady with the Pet Dog?
10. Fill in the blank: "He did not dream of Anna, she accompanied him everywhere he went like __________."
(a) His wife.
(b) His shadow.
11. Where does Anna go to see Gurov?
12. How many newspapers does Gurov read per day in Chapter 3?
13. The Lady with the Pet Dog is set in what country?
(b) The USSR.
14. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
(a) Her boa.
(b) Her purse.
(c) Her lorgnette.
(d) Her dog.
15. What color dress of Anna's does Gurov like the most?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gurov tell his wife he is going in Chapter 3?
2. What is the word that Gurov repeats in his thoughts at the end of the novella?
3. What does the porter wear at the hotel?
4. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to see Gurov?
5. What kind of coat does Gurov wear in Chapter 4?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)