Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anna holding in the theater in Chapter 3?
(a) Her boa.
(b) Her lorgnette.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her purse.
2. Why does Anna's husband go out during the intermission?
(a) To smoke.
(b) To walk around.
(c) To buy wine.
(d) To talk to the governor.
3. What do Anna and Gurov begin to feel as the musicians begin tuning their instruments in the theater?
4. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to see Gurov?
(a) She's going to see a doctor.
(b) She is going to see her mother.
(c) She is going to see her father.
(d) She is going to see her sister.
5. What is missing from The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(a) A protagonist.
(b) An antagonist.
(c) A story.
(d) A main character.
6. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
(a) Speak to her.
(b) Sit down beside her.
(c) Approach her husband.
(d) Say he loves her.
7. What does Anna do when Gurov enters in Chapter 4?
8. Fill in the blank: "He did not dream of Anna, she accompanied him everywhere he went like __________."
(a) His shadow.
(c) His wife.
9. Where does Gurov go to play cards in Moscow?
(a) The Medical Club.
(b) The Elks Club.
(c) The Aristocrat Club.
(d) The Moose Club.
10. What is a sturgeon?
11. When does Gurov leave to see Anna in Chapter 3?
12. What is one of the main themes of The Lady with the Pet Dog, and a trait of Gurov's?
(a) Sibling rivalry.
13. What smell permeates the air as Anna and Gurov walk through the corridors?
(a) Cigarette smoke.
14. What does Gurov consider the musicians at the theater to be?
15. What does the Governor's daughter wear at the theater?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A feather boa.
(c) A mask.
(d) A fur hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "You were quite right: the sturgeon was a bit off"?
2. What does Anna say she has been since she last saw Gurov in the theater?
3. What does the horseman not have in Gurov's room at the hotel?
4. Which of the following is a major theme of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
5. What is Anna's husband wearing on his suit jacket?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)