|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like in Chapter 4?
2. What is the first thing that Anna says to Gurov in the stairwell of the theater?
(a) "How you frightened me!"
(b) "Get out of here!"
(c) "My husband is coming."
(d) "I hate you!"
3. The Lady with the Pet Dog is set in what country?
(c) The USSR.
4. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
(a) Speak to her.
(b) Sit down beside her.
(c) Approach her husband.
(d) Say he loves her.
5. What does the porter wear at the hotel?
(a) A black hat.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A blue hat.
(d) A white hat.
6. What color is the fence surrounding Anna's house?
7. What is the literary device which informs the reader of Gurov's past, age, marital status, and history?
8. Upon what sea is Yalta located?
(a) The Indian Sea.
(b) The Norman Sea.
(c) The Black Sea.
(d) The Balkan Sea.
9. Fill in the blank: "He did not dream of Anna, she accompanied him everywhere he went like __________."
(b) His shadow.
(c) His wife.
10. What does Gurov consider the musicians at the theater to be?
11. What is the temperature, as Gurov tells his daughter in Chapter 4?
(a) Ten degrees below zero.
(b) One degree below zero.
(c) Ten degrees above zero.
(d) Three degrees above zero.
12. What simile is used for Anna and Gurov in Chapter 4?
13. In what tense is the Lady with the Pet Dog?
14. What does Anna appear as though she's going to do when Gurov approaches her in the theater?
15. Where does Gurov tell his wife he is going in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gurov overtaken by a need to share with someone in Chapter 3?
2. What is the weather like in the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What is one of the main themes of The Lady with the Pet Dog, and a trait of Gurov's?
4. What does Gurov send for after his arrival at Anna's room in Chapter 4?
5. In what row do Anna and her husband sit at the theater?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)