|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gurov's daughter asks him, "Why isn't there any _____ in winter"?
2. What is the literary device which informs the reader of Gurov's past, age, marital status, and history?
3. What show is being performed at the local theater in Chapter 3?
(a) The Bolshevik.
(b) The Geisha Girl.
(c) The Beggar's Opera.
(d) The Phantom of the Opera.
4. What is the term which refers to the type of literature that The Lady with the Pet Dog is?
5. What does Anna say she has been since she last saw Gurov in the theater?
6. What is the temperature, as Gurov tells his daughter in Chapter 4?
(a) Three degrees above zero.
(b) Ten degrees below zero.
(c) One degree below zero.
(d) Ten degrees above zero.
7. What is one of the major themes of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
8. Where does Gurov go to play cards in Moscow?
(a) The Moose Club.
(b) The Aristocrat Club.
(c) The Medical Club.
(d) The Elks Club.
9. What literary technique does the term "Chekhov's Gun" refer to?
10. What does the porter wear at the hotel?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A blue hat.
(c) A black hat.
(d) A white hat.
11. What is the weather like in the beginning of Chapter 3?
12. How often does the narrator say Anna went to see Gurov in Chapter 4?
(a) Every week.
(b) Every year.
(c) Every two or three months.
(d) Once a month.
13. What does Gurov ask Anna to do with him rather than cry?
(d) Make love.
14. How many newspapers does Gurov read per day in Chapter 3?
15. Where does Gurov tell his wife he is going in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be the falling action in Chapter 4?
2. What does Anna ask Gurov in the stairwell of the theater in Chapter 3?
3. From what point of view is The Lady with the Pet Dog told?
4. What does Anna appear as though she's going to do when Gurov approaches her in the theater?
5. How many main characters are in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)