|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anna go to see Gurov?
2. What does Gurov send for after his arrival at Anna's room in Chapter 4?
3. What does the word "lorgnette" mean?
4. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
(a) Speak to her.
(b) Sit down beside her.
(c) Approach her husband.
(d) Say he loves her.
5. Gurov's daughter asks him, "Why isn't there any _____ in winter"?
6. What is a sturgeon?
7. Where in Chapter 4 is the climax of the novella?
(a) Anna and Gurov making love.
(b) Gurov looking in the mirrow.
(c) Anna weeping.
(d) Gurov's wife arriving.
8. What had none of the women that Gurov had previously been with, been in their time with him?
9. What does Gurov ask Anna to do at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Stop crying.
(b) Make him dinner.
(c) Call his wife.
(d) Leave with him.
10. What does Gurov do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Calls his wife.
(b) Leaves the theater.
(c) Kills himself.
(d) Goes to Anna's house.
11. How many main characters are in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
12. What hotel does Anna stay at when visiting Gurov?
(a) Slav Vladimir.
(b) Moscow Manor.
(c) Slav Bazaar.
(d) Venischzy Manor.
13. What does the porter wear at the hotel?
(a) A blue hat.
(b) A white hat.
(c) A black hat.
(d) A red hat.
14. What is the fence surrounding Anna's house studded with?
(b) Naval pendants.
(c) Fleur de lis.
(d) Upturned nails.
15. How many newspapers does Gurov read per day in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would be the falling action in Chapter 4?
2. What is the term which means that the narrator expresses the thoughts of Gurov, but not of Anna?
3. What does Anna appear as though she's going to do when Gurov approaches her in the theater?
4. What term refers to "what a character is doing at any point in a piece of literature," such as "Gurov Kisses Anna"?
5. What is the temperature, as Gurov tells his daughter in Chapter 4?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)