|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what tense is the Lady with the Pet Dog?
2. What does Anna's husband appear to do with every step he takes?
3. What had none of the women that Gurov had previously been with, been in their time with him?
4. What is one of the major themes of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
5. What is the term which means that the narrator expresses the thoughts of Gurov, but not of Anna?
6. What show is being performed at the local theater in Chapter 3?
(a) The Bolshevik.
(b) The Phantom of the Opera.
(c) The Beggar's Opera.
(d) The Geisha Girl.
7. What would be the falling action in Chapter 4?
(a) Gurov and Anna divorcing their spouses.
(b) Gurov and Anna sailing on a ship.
(c) Gurov and Anna running away.
(d) Gurov and Anna hoping to find a solution.
8. How many newspapers does Gurov read per day in Chapter 3?
9. What are the boys doing in the stairwell above Anna and Gurov in the theater?
10. What does Anna say she has been since she last saw Gurov in the theater?
11. What is the term which refers to the type of literature that The Lady with the Pet Dog is?
12. What is the word that Gurov repeats in his thoughts at the end of the novella?
13. How often does the narrator say Anna went to see Gurov in Chapter 4?
(a) Every year.
(b) Every two or three months.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every week.
14. What is Anna's husband wearing on his suit jacket?
(a) A boutonniere.
(b) An insignia.
(c) A cape.
(d) A fur.
15. What color is the fence surrounding Anna's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gurov's past lovers do once they realized their mistake?
2. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
3. What does Gurov do at the end of Chapter 3?
4. In what row do Anna and her husband sit at the theater?
5. What smell permeates the air as Anna and Gurov walk through the corridors?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)