|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hotel does Anna stay at when visiting Gurov?
(a) Venischzy Manor.
(b) Moscow Manor.
(c) Slav Vladimir.
(d) Slav Bazaar.
2. What does the word "lorgnette" mean?
3. What is one of the main themes of The Lady with the Pet Dog, and a trait of Gurov's?
(b) Sibling rivalry.
4. What color dress of Anna's does Gurov like the most?
5. How many newspapers does Gurov read per day in Chapter 3?
6. Upon what sea is Yalta located?
(a) The Black Sea.
(b) The Norman Sea.
(c) The Balkan Sea.
(d) The Indian Sea.
7. What color is the fence surrounding Anna's house?
8. What term refers to "what a character is doing at any point in a piece of literature," such as "Gurov Kisses Anna"?
9. What are the boys doing in the stairwell above Anna and Gurov in the theater?
10. What is one of the major themes of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
11. What is the weather like in Chapter 4?
12. What is the term which refers to the type of literature that The Lady with the Pet Dog is?
13. What does Gurov do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Calls his wife.
(b) Kills himself.
(c) Leaves the theater.
(d) Goes to Anna's house.
14. What does the horseman not have in Gurov's room at the hotel?
(a) A head.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A leg.
(d) A sword.
15. In what row do Anna and her husband sit at the theater?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the partner of Gurov at cards?
2. What does Anna ask Gurov in the stairwell of the theater in Chapter 3?
3. How often does the narrator say Anna went to see Gurov in Chapter 4?
4. How many main characters are in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
5. What is the type of realism Chekhov is known for in his writing, and which would refer to The Lady with the Pet Dog?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)