|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what sea is Yalta located?
(a) The Indian Sea.
(b) The Balkan Sea.
(c) The Black Sea.
(d) The Norman Sea.
2. Who is with Gurov in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His brother.
3. Where was Chekhov living while he wrote The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(a) The provinces of Russia.
4. Gurov's daughter asks him, "Why isn't there any _____ in winter"?
5. In what row do Anna and her husband sit at the theater?
6. What literary technique does the term "Chekhov's Gun" refer to?
7. What does Gurov do at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Leaves the theater.
(b) Goes to Anna's house.
(c) Calls his wife.
(d) Kills himself.
8. What is the most prominent symbolism and imagery used in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
9. The Lady with the Pet Dog is set in what country?
(d) The USSR.
10. What street does Gurov stroll down in the beginning of Chapter 3?
11. What is the first thing that Anna says to Gurov in the stairwell of the theater?
(a) "Get out of here!"
(b) "How you frightened me!"
(c) "My husband is coming."
(d) "I hate you!"
12. What is the type of realism Chekhov is known for in his writing, and which would refer to The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(b) Slice of Life.
13. In what setting does Chapter 3 begin?
(d) The provinces.
14. What does Gurov say to Anna when he approaches her in the theater?
(a) "Good evening."
(b) "I love you."
(c) "I've missed you."
(d) "Come with me."
15. What would be the falling action in Chapter 4?
(a) Gurov and Anna running away.
(b) Gurov and Anna sailing on a ship.
(c) Gurov and Anna divorcing their spouses.
(d) Gurov and Anna hoping to find a solution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna ask Gurov in the stairwell of the theater in Chapter 3?
2. What is Gurov overtaken by a need to share with someone in Chapter 3?
3. What does Gurov ask Anna to do at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What does the porter wear at the hotel?
5. What Moscow specialty accompanies meat served in a frying pan?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)