|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what sea is Yalta located?
(a) The Balkan Sea.
(b) The Black Sea.
(c) The Indian Sea.
(d) The Norman Sea.
2. What is the term which refers to the type of literature that The Lady with the Pet Dog is?
3. What does Gurov send for after his arrival at Anna's room in Chapter 4?
4. In what setting does Chapter 3 begin?
(c) The provinces.
5. How often does the narrator say Anna went to see Gurov in Chapter 4?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every year.
(d) Every two or three months.
6. Fill in the blank: "To women he always seemed ______ than what he was."
7. What Moscow specialty accompanies meat served in a frying pan?
(d) Sour cabbage.
8. What does Gurov ask Anna to do at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Make him dinner.
(b) Stop crying.
(c) Leave with him.
(d) Call his wife.
9. Where does Gurov go to play cards in Moscow?
(a) The Elks Club.
(b) The Moose Club.
(c) The Medical Club.
(d) The Aristocrat Club.
10. What is Anna's husband wearing on his suit jacket?
(a) A boutonniere.
(b) A fur.
(c) A cape.
(d) An insignia.
11. Who is the partner of Gurov at cards?
(a) A woman.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A professor.
(d) A general.
12. What would be the falling action in Chapter 4?
(a) Gurov and Anna sailing on a ship.
(b) Gurov and Anna hoping to find a solution.
(c) Gurov and Anna running away.
(d) Gurov and Anna divorcing their spouses.
13. When does Gurov leave to see Anna in Chapter 3?
14. Who leaves the house to walk the dog in Chapter 3?
(a) Anna's daughter.
(b) Anna's husband.
(d) The maid.
15. What does Gurov catch sight of while consoling Anna in Chapter 4?
(a) A mirror.
(b) The window.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term refers to "what a character is doing at any point in a piece of literature," such as "Gurov Kisses Anna"?
2. What does Gurov not dare to do when he approaches Anna in the theater?
3. What show is being performed at the local theater in Chapter 3?
4. What does Gurov ask Anna to do with him rather than cry?
5. What smell permeates the air as Anna and Gurov walk through the corridors?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)