|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna beg Gurov to do in Chapter 3?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Return to Moscow.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Take her away.
2. Where in Chapter 4 is the climax of the novella?
(a) Gurov's wife arriving.
(b) Anna weeping.
(c) Gurov looking in the mirrow.
(d) Anna and Gurov making love.
3. How many main characters are in The Lady with the Pet Dog?
4. What does Gurov say to Anna when he approaches her in the theater?
(a) "I've missed you."
(b) "I love you."
(c) "Good evening."
(d) "Come with me."
5. When does Gurov leave to see Anna in Chapter 3?
6. What is the fence surrounding Anna's house studded with?
(a) Naval pendants.
(c) Fleur de lis.
(d) Upturned nails.
7. What street does Gurov stroll down in the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. What are the boys doing in the stairwell above Anna and Gurov in the theater?
9. What does the horseman not have in Gurov's room at the hotel?
(a) A head.
(b) A leg.
(c) A sword.
(d) A jacket.
10. What had none of the women that Gurov had previously been with, been in their time with him?
11. What simile is used for Anna and Gurov in Chapter 4?
12. What is the weather like in Chapter 4?
13. Where does Gurov tell his wife he is going in Chapter 3?
14. On which street does Anna live?
(a) Old Potter's Street.
(b) Vkarkov Street.
(c) Snow Street.
(d) Willow Street.
15. Which of the following is a major theme of The Lady with the Pet Dog?
(d) Growing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anna's husband wearing on his suit jacket?
2. What does Anna say she has been since she last saw Gurov in the theater?
3. What kind of coat does Gurov wear in Chapter 4?
4. How many newspapers does Gurov read per day in Chapter 3?
5. Fill in the blank: "To women he always seemed ______ than what he was."
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)