|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the fence surrounding Anna's house?
2. Where does Anna go to see Gurov?
3. What does the porter wear at the hotel?
(a) A red hat.
(b) A black hat.
(c) A blue hat.
(d) A white hat.
4. What do Anna and Gurov begin to feel as the musicians begin tuning their instruments in the theater?
5. What is the first thing that Anna says to Gurov in the stairwell of the theater?
(a) "My husband is coming."
(b) "How you frightened me!"
(c) "Get out of here!"
(d) "I hate you!"
6. What had none of the women that Gurov had previously been with, been in their time with him?
7. Fill in the blank: "He did not dream of Anna, she accompanied him everywhere he went like __________."
(a) His shadow.
(d) His wife.
8. In what row do Anna and her husband sit at the theater?
9. Where does Gurov tell his wife he is going in Chapter 3?
10. Why does Anna's husband go out during the intermission?
(a) To smoke.
(b) To talk to the governor.
(c) To walk around.
(d) To buy wine.
11. What does Anna do when Gurov enters in Chapter 4?
12. What is one of the main themes of The Lady with the Pet Dog, and a trait of Gurov's?
(b) Sibling rivalry.
13. From what point of view is The Lady with the Pet Dog told?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(d) Third person.
14. What does Gurov catch sight of while consoling Anna in Chapter 4?
(a) The window.
(b) His daughter.
(c) A mirror.
(d) His wife.
15. Upon what sea is Yalta located?
(a) The Norman Sea.
(b) The Indian Sea.
(c) The Black Sea.
(d) The Balkan Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gurov's past lovers do once they realized their mistake?
2. What does Anna tell her husband when she goes to see Gurov?
3. What does Gurov send for after his arrival at Anna's room in Chapter 4?
4. What does the horseman not have in Gurov's room at the hotel?
5. What does Anna ask Gurov in the stairwell of the theater in Chapter 3?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)