|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Connie see in Venice unexpectedly?
2. What is being built in place of what is being torn down during Connie's drive?
3. What does Connie see being torn down during the drive she takes when she thinks she might be pregnant?
4. What does Mellors think Connie used him for?
5. How does Connie's father respond to the news she tells him before she leaves Venice?
Essay Topic 1
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how does the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
Nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what effect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)