|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors say is upsetting about his first girlfriends?
2. What does Connie do with the picture she sees in Mellors' cottage?
3. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
4. Who agrees to pose as the father of Connie's baby?
5. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bolton tell Connie is the best feeling in the world while they are in the garden together?
2. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
3. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
4. What happens when Mellors' wife comes to his cottage?
5. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
6. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
7. How does Mrs. Bolton find out about the affair between Mellors and Connie?
8. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
9. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
10. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Bolton was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How does she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 2
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
Essay Topic 3
Many characters in this book are forced to sacrifice much in order to obtain their goals. Who are some of these characters, and how do their sacrifices affect the other characters around them? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)