|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Connie want to have a child with?
2. Who does Connie first tell that she might be pregnant?
3. Where does Connie want to live?
4. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
5. What causes Connie to come to the hut every day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
2. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
3. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
4. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
5. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
6. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
7. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
8. How does Connie feel about what she sees on her drive through Uthwaite?
9. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
10. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Lawrence have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between fear and courage is presented in this book. What is this relationship, and where is it displayed in this book? How do the combination of these terms affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)