|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Connie visit after she makes love to Mellors for the first time?
2. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
3. What does Connie tell Mellors is the real reason for her affair with him?
4. Who does Mellors look up to as his mentor?
5. How long does Mellors have to wait for a divorce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 2
Lawrence includes some ingenious forms of irony in this book. What are some of these examples, and how does their ironic nature affect the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Connie and Clifford. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)