Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
2. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
3. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
4. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
5. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Bolton was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How does she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 2
Lawrence presents the idea that there are two sides to every man. Choose three of the characters from the stories, and write about their dual natures and how this duality affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Despair was an emotion that affected a number of the characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by despair, and how does this change the course of the plot branches they are involved in?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)