|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
2. Where do Connie and Mellors want to run away to?
3. Where does Connie decide to take a trip to alone?
4. What does Mellors try to help Clifford with during his walk with Connie before her trip?
5. Who arrives early the morning that Connie leaves for Venice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Connie and Mellors do in the woods together just before Connie leaves for Venice?
2. What happens when Mellors tries to help Clifford with his broken chair?
3. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
4. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
5. How does Mrs. Bolton find out about the affair between Mellors and Connie?
6. What happens when Hilda meets Mellors for the first time?
7. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
8. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
9. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
10. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what effect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Lawrence have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)