|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clifford say that the miners are to him?
2. Where do Connie and Mrs. Bolton work together while Clifford is napping after Connie's drive?
3. What does Clifford tell Connie he still wants her to do during her depression?
4. Where does Connie want to live?
5. What does Connie do with the picture she sees in Mellors' cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Bolton find out about the affair between Mellors and Connie?
2. What does Connie do when she sees a picture in Mellors' cottage?
3. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
4. What does Mellors say he would do if he were in charge?
5. How does Connie feel when she sees Mellors for the first time after returning from Venice?
6. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
7. What does Hilda criticize Connie of doing while they are on their trip together?
8. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
9. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
10. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Lawrence have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The relationship between fear and courage is presented in this book. What is this relationship, and where is it displayed in this book? How do the combination of these terms affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The separation of classes is quite a significant theme in this book. What are these classes, and how does this separation affect the characters belonging to them?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)