|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Connie go for a walk with Clifford after her trip to Venice?
2. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
3. Where does Connie go to escape from the oppressive feel of Wragby Hall?
4. What does Connie ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working together?
5. What has Clifford become enthralled with during Connie's depression?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Bolton was a minor character in this book who made a huge impact on the plot. How does she accomplish this, and how would the plot have been altered had she not been included in the story line?
Essay Topic 3
Nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)