|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
2. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
3. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
4. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
5. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Lawrence have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what effect do they have on the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Protection is a strong theme in this story. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)