Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mellors make Connie promise to do before she leaves on her trip alone?
2. What does Connie's father accuse Mellors of being?
3. What does Connie ask Mellors to do while she is on a trip alone?
4. What does Mellors say he would teach the villagers if he were in charge?
5. How does Connie feel when Clifford finds a new interest?
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of different settings in this book. Describe some of these settings. Why might Lawrence have chosen these settings for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Much of this plot follows the relationship between Connie and Clifford. How does this relationship change over the course of the plot, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Lawrence. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)