|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clifford treat Mellors when he tries to help Clifford during his walk with Connie before her trip?
2. What is Mrs. Bolton's dead husband's name?
3. What do Connie and Mellors do in the rain?
4. Where does Connie take a drive to when she thinks she might be pregnant?
5. Where do Mellors and Connie make love for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mellors ask Connie after they make love for the first time?
2. What causes Connie to feel more lonely than ever at Wragby Hall?
3. What does Connie first ask Mrs. Bolton about while they are working in the garden together?
4. What does Clifford talk to Connie about while he is on a walk with her after her trip?
5. What does Connie tell Clifford she was doing during the storm and how does he respond?
6. What happens when Mellors and Connie make love the night that she tells him she is going to Venice for a month?
7. What does Connie see happening on her drive through Uthwaite?
8. What does Mellors say about his first girlfriends?
9. What happens when Connie's father meets Mellors?
10. What happens when Connie and Mellors make love for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many secrets made, kept, and divulged in this book. What are some of these secrets, and how does their placement in the plot affect the course of the plot and the characters involved in the secrets?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 3
Nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)